"There’s NO Sleeping in Disney!” SURPRISE - The Frumps Are Back Again! UPDATE 1/13

Eee I can't believe I haven't read this update yet. Yeah Nat and Toy Story is like me and school bread. Never gets old. :-)

LOL that lady in the background of my deer face pic. SO funny.

HAHAHA Halloween foreshadowing right there. OooOooooo.

I look way too okay with the fact that I am attached to a rocket ship against my will. :rotfl: You're much smarter. You show concern. HAHA and Nat kinda looks like she really doesn't know what to think.

Nat looks like an animated character. So cool.

Hi Sar! Haha.

HAHAHAHA Sue. She's so adorable. :hug:

I just showed her and she says "TELL JESS THAT I LOOK LIKE SUCH A GOOF." She thinks it's an awful picture haha. I think she looks precious.

Aww Nat with Woody and Buzz was like the most precious thing ever. Definitely one of the best character interactions of my entire life.

I know!! It's okay. You've been busy. At least you can relax now and recover from being "sick" :laughing:
I love the frumps we catch in the background. I feel like my video camera takes the best snipes ever.
Hahaha yeah Nat looks like she blends right in with the toys. I would expect nothing less. :rotfl:
Hahaha I LOVE sue. I think that picture is awesome. There were like three of them but I only put one up. :thumbsup2 Cuz I knew she would say that. I think she's precious too! :lovestruc
And yeah that definitely was ADORABLE. I love taking people to Disney like nat - she LOVES it but doesn't get to go super often, so she appreciates it SO much and gets extremely excited. It's so cute. :cutie:

LOVE the latest video. It makes me so happy! This is why you have so much fun at Disney and you write such great reports. You know how to have fun and keep the magic in you hearts. Yay for happy Disney people!!

Chapter 14: A Fantasmic Night!
August 20th, 2011

Once Nat calmed down a bit, we went to go meet up with Kristen's family at the Writer's Stop.

Then it was time for Kristen to have her moment.... we were going to MUPPET VISION 3-D!

dsc0351b.jpg

dsc0352i.jpg

She enjoyed it as much as she always does. I'm convinced she's part muppet.

dsc0353e.jpg

After that, Nat and I split up from Kristen's family because we had Rock N Roller Coaster fastpasses to use.

The standby line said 90 minutes, but that was not accurate AT ALL. It looked more like 10 minutes to me. I think they forgot to update the wait time!

We used our fastpasses, watched the intro show, and waited in the loading zone. While we were waiting to be seated, I was like "I hope we get near the back because it's a more intense ride!"

And wouldn't ya know... we got in the VERY LAST ROW!! We were freaking out. We were so excited.

We got off Rock N Roller Coaster and decided just to get in line for the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic since it was right across from Rock N Roller Coaster.

Kristen met up with us. Her family went back to Coronado because Sarah wanted to go swimming. They had a Fantasmic Package later in the week anyways so they didn't need to see it tonight.

While we waited in line, the lady next to me had a frozen lemonade that just looked SO GOOD. I had to have one. I asked her where it was so I could go get one for myself. I believe it was from Anaheim Produce.

dsc0358qg.jpg

YUM! It was delicious! The only problem with me is that I can NEVER finish drinks like that. As I have probably said before, I'm basically a water drinker. And that's it. So, what I had of the lemonade was really good... even though I probably only drank about a third. Oh well!

Kristen snacked on her carrot cake cookie while we waited, and Nat got a soft pretzel. (Which I forgot to take a picture of! I'm sorry!)

We sat on the curb outside of the theatre while we waited. We spotted this little Hidden Mickey in the tree! It was made out of flowers! I wonder if that was intentional or not.

dsc0360q.jpg

Before we knew it we were loading into the theatre!

dsc0407y.jpg

We decided to get out the video camera and tape some footage while we waited. So Kristen and Nat decided to dance. And this is where the collision of this frump trip took place! You'll have to watch the video to see it!

We walked in while they were filling the seats, and we went all the way down the steps and saw that front and center was OPEN!

Literally.

Front. And. Center.

We snatched those seats right up!

Honestly, this was the most painless wait I've ever had for Fantasmic in my whole life. And on top of that, getting the best seats in the house?! It really was a beautiful thing.

Kristen and I wrote in our trip journals while we waited.

I was really surprised because they didn't do the wave that night! How sad. Probably because it was the second show of the evening. They must speed up the process because it's at a later time.

The wait for the actual show to begin was not bad either! I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe the trick to this whole thing is to go to the later showing! (as long as they have two) The theatre wasn't even full!

Then the show began! - Insert Dancing Mickey Here -

dsc0363f.jpg

Our seats avoided the "splash zone," which was great! We still got some of the mist, which felt really good since it was still so hot out.

The princess floats were RIGHT in front of us! It was amazing.

dsc0368ax.jpg

dsc0373u.jpg

dsc0380k.jpg

The show was fantastic. I haven't seen it since... my freshman year of high school ago? Wow, that's such a long time. I'M SORRY FANTASMIC!

dsc0389f.jpg

You know what I concluded? Fantasmic has sort of a 90's flare to it. Like... for example, don't the Lion King animals just seem so 90's? Maybe it's just the pattern on their costumes. And also, the music they play in the queue area is all 90's too. (Mambo No. 5 aww yeah.)

Another great thing about Fantasmic is that a whole section of it is dedicated to Pocahontas! I've never been a huge fan of that movie (I don't even know if I have ever watched the entire thing) but some people absolutely love it. I feel like it doesn't get the credit it deserves because nothing is Pocahontas themed anymore. But hey, Fantasmic is still representing. Way to go Fantasmic.

I forgot how scary this show is at some parts! The villain section is pretty intense! I'm immune to some scary things at Disney (like Dinosaur or Expedition Everest) but since I haven't seen Fantasmic in a few years, I was feeling the fear!

As we all can expect, though, there was a happy ending! Hooray!

dsc0393ne.jpg

dsc0396s.jpg

This was Nat's first time seeing Fantasmic and she said it was "amazing." We were all really impressed and happy! Such a great show.

dsc0398j.jpg

HI ALADDIN! ♥

dsc0404xm.jpg

Once the boat drifted away and the cheery music ended, it was time to go. It actually wasn't too crazy trying to leave! I was surprised. I guess if you have the energy to stick it out that late, you get rewarded with fewer crowds.

I took some pictures on our way out. I just thought this sign was really cute:

dsc0409xf.jpg

When I saw this billboard, I thought about how everyone on the dis complains about Nescafe coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I guess it's not very good. Anyway, I took a picture of it because I thought of you guys. You're welcome. LOL

dsc0411q.jpg

We took some obligatory pictures with the hat before we left:

dsc0413jo.jpg
dsc0414v.jpg

dsc0416gf.jpg

And the glowing pluto!! I love him so much.

dsc0417v.jpg

We exited the park, and saw this "Let the Memories Begin" sign! Kristen and I are posing like the people right behind us in the picture. Super precious, right?

dsc0419li.jpg

Then Kristen found somebody's stroller tag that was lying on the ground. She decided to keep it as a souvenir. If this belongs to any of you, Kristen has it. Sorry.

dsc0421z.jpg

Then we went to wait for the bus. Our bus driver was a MAJOR jerk. I took a picture of the bus when it was pulling up...

dsc0423s.jpg

and he yelled at me because my camera flashed! I was like... uh sorry. I didn't hear the announcement telling me "no flash pictures." hahaha oh well. I think you can see him glaring at me through the window LOL.

We went to the very back of the bus and got off at Coronado Springs. Kristen slept over in our room that night. We were in bed by 12:40 - 1 am. HOW EARLY!! I'm so proud of us.

Wrap-Up of Day 2:

Highs:
- Coral Reef
- Nat getting her Mickey Bar!
- Pizza Planet and getting Disney Pizza!
- Meeting Buzz and Woody!
- The light crowds at Fantasmic

Lows:
- Being too late to get Toy Story Mania Fastpasses
- The jerk bus driver.

Food of the Day:
The Chocolate Wave from Coral Reef at Epcot

dsc0195d.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next part of the movie!

Part 10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPwJl0zr3UY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continued in Next Post

YAY MUPPETS!!!!!!! I love that show! I find everything that happens in it amusing.

Kristen's carrot cake cookie looks great! I had that cookie a few years ago and i remember it tasting great!

I haven't seen fantasmic in such a long time due 2 the fact we always seem to pick our Disney studio days on the days that fantasmic isn't playing :( on top of it we won't get 2 see it in january because they are begining to do some work on it ON OUR 1st DISNEY STUDIOS DAY :( :( :( Both my mom and i are so sad it could wait another day! The last time i saw the show was in 2009 and then an august T-storm came part way through the show so they cancelled the rest of the show :( . Point of the story? i have had terrible fantasmic luck lately. That is why i am very glad you covered the show so well!

Wow, early night for you guys!

Yay more video :)

LOVE the latest video. It makes me so happy! This is why you have so much fun at Disney and you write such great reports. You know how to have fun and keep the magic in you hearts. Yay for happy Disney people!!

Thank you so much! I'm so glad :) Aww thank you! We really love nothing better than being happy and being in Disney :wizard:

YAY MUPPETS!!!!!!! I love that show! I find everything that happens in it amusing.

Kristen's carrot cake cookie looks great! I had that cookie a few years ago and i remember it tasting great!

I haven't seen fantasmic in such a long time due 2 the fact we always seem to pick our Disney studio days on the days that fantasmic isn't playing :( on top of it we won't get 2 see it in january because they are begining to do some work on it ON OUR 1st DISNEY STUDIOS DAY :( :( :( Both my mom and i are so sad it could wait another day! The last time i saw the show was in 2009 and then an august T-storm came part way through the show so they cancelled the rest of the show :( . Point of the story? i have had terrible fantasmic luck lately. That is why i am very glad you covered the show so well!

Wow, early night for you guys!

Yay more video :)

Hahaha it's a great show! It just never gets old.
Mmm I love carrot cake cookies! They're delicious.
Aww that stinks! I'm so sorry that always happens. :headache: For some reason they decided to have fantasmic playing every single day during our stay, so thankfully we got to see it. And oh wow! A downpour in the middle of fantasmic!? What a story!
I'm glad you got to see parts of it through pictures and video anyway!
Thanks for reading!​

While we waited in line, the lady next to me had a frozen lemonade that just looked SO GOOD. I had to have one. I asked her where it was so I could go get one for myself. I believe it was from Anaheim Produce.

We walked in while they were filling the seats, and we went all the way down the steps and saw that front and center was OPEN!

Honestly, this was the most painless wait I've ever had for Fantasmic in my whole life. And on top of that, getting the best seats in the house?! It really was a beautiful thing.

And also, the music they play in the queue area is all 90's too. (Mambo No. 5 aww yeah.)

Another great thing about Fantasmic is that a whole section of it is dedicated to Pocahontas! I've never been a huge fan of that movie (I don't even know if I have ever watched the entire thing) but some people absolutely love it. I feel like it doesn't get the credit it deserves because nothing is Pocahontas themed anymore. But hey, Fantasmic is still representing. Way to go Fantasmic.

I had several frozen lemonades last May-and the one I happened to get from the Fantasmic was a "lemonade shock" aka super sour. Gross! I also went to the early Fantasmic show last time-I was in line at 7:30 for the 9pm show, but they let us in almost right away, so I got a center seat in the last row, which is what I wanted.

Haha about Mambo #5. We have a routine to it in my Zumba class, and every single time it plays all I can think of is the elementary school roller skating parties that I used to go to.

I love the Pocahontas part! I'm also not a huge fan of the movie, but the music in this show is just epic. And the part where she and John Smith are on opposite sides of the mountain, just looking at each other, and the spotlights are on them? Gives me chills every time!

Love the Muppets! It's definitely on my list of must do's all the time.

Kristen may well be part Muppet. ;)

I admit, I don't see Fantasmic! that often either. But I love the shout out to Pocahontas. It was one of my favorite movies when I was younger.

Boo to the crabby bus driver!

Um, Kristen, that was my stroller sign.....and I would like it back. :rotfl:

What a fantastic night! Your video is amazing! I LOVED Fantasmic when we saw it last fall- I also was a big fan of Pocahontas since it came out when I was in Jr. High- LOVED the music!

I had several frozen lemonades last May-and the one I happened to get from the Fantasmic was a "lemonade shock" aka super sour. Gross! I also went to the early Fantasmic show last time-I was in line at 7:30 for the 9pm show, but they let us in almost right away, so I got a center seat in the last row, which is what I wanted.

Haha about Mambo #5. We have a routine to it in my Zumba class, and every single time it plays all I can think of is the elementary school roller skating parties that I used to go to.

I love the Pocahontas part! I'm also not a huge fan of the movie, but the music in this show is just epic. And the part where she and John Smith are on opposite sides of the mountain, just looking at each other, and the spotlights are on them? Gives me chills every time!

Eww that's not good :( I have had some sour ones before. They are just not enjoyable.
That's really lucky that you got let right in as well as your preferred seat in one of the earlier shows! Very lucky :thumbsup2
Ahhh I do Zumba at school! It's so fun haha. That's so funny. I know whenever I hear that song I think of my first grade class. My teacher put the song on and we all got up and danced :rotfl: And then that image just makes me think of all of the charlie brown children dancing in the christmas episode. :lmao:
I agree! It's beautiful. I don't even think the Pocahontas section is on the Fantasmic CD! Unless I took it off of my iTunes years ago... which I don't think I did. I don't know. And oh my gosh I know exactly what part your'e talking about. It's so beautiful! :goodvibes

Love the Muppets! It's definitely on my list of must do's all the time.

Kristen may well be part Muppet. ;)

I admit, I don't see Fantasmic! that often either. But I love the shout out to Pocahontas. It was one of my favorite movies when I was younger.

Boo to the crabby bus driver!

Um, Kristen, that was my stroller sign.....and I would like it back. :rotfl:

I know!! They're the best. And yeah... I think she is. :laughing:
Yeah, I think that the line up procedure is just way too hectic. I only go if I'm with someone who has never seen it before. YAY for a Pocahontas lover! You must appreciate that section then!
Yeah! BOO! What a mean guy.
And :rotfl2: I knew it had to be somebody's!! :lmao:

Hooray for Fantasmic! I love that Mickey is in his Steamboat Willie get-up at the end.

A memorable interaction can really endear a character to you. I can totally vouch for that, if you'll allow me to indulge in a little story time. One trip, we were literally at the rope for rope drop in Epcot, waiting in Innoventions Plaza for the race to Soarin'. The characters came out for the opening show, and Pluto literally ran from the west breezeway in our direction with his arms outstretched. He makes a beeline right for me, and he gave me the kindest, warmest hug a guy like me ever got in Disney World. What a perfect way to start the day....Anyway, we didn't see many characters for the rest of the trip, but that left a good impression on me. I got out my Pluto DVD after the trip, and I found that the Pluto cartoons have some of the wittiest humor and brilliant character animation from Disney's studio. He's now one of my top characters, and all it took was a friendly how-do-you-do on an Epcot morning to remind me of what a great character Pluto is.

And now, on a completely unrelated note:

trumpeter.gif
IT'S HERE!!!
trumpeter.gif

party::jumping1:

Hip-Hip-Pooh-ray!

Ahem....yes...you may now resume your regularly scheduled trip report...

(Sorry I took it completely off topic. This is your thread after all....

Me too! Oh my gosh I wish I could meet a Steamboat Willie Mickey! That's SUCH a great costume.
Oh my gosh that's SUCH an adorable story! Characters can leave such memories with people... and they probably don't even know how much they impacted your life! Like another example - when Vickie was little, Snow White waved to her from a parade. And she remembers it TO THIS DAY and Snow White has always been her favorite. Just because of that little magical moment. So precious!
Oh and about Pluto specifically - I love him too. He is one of my top favorites. I have always wanted to get a Golden Retriever and name it Pluto :rotfl: I think I will when I'm older. When I was in 6th grade I caught tonsillitis when I was in Disney. All I did all day was lay on the couch in my room at Old Key West and watch Pluto cartoons. Oddly enough, that's a positive memory to me... just because pluto cartoons made me so happy :goodvibes

HAHAHAHAHA that was probably THE MOST epic post ever. The music really completed it. Seriously.... thank you, once again, for making my night. :rotfl2: That USA Military March Stars & Stripes song TOTALLY reminded me of Muppet Vision. :thumbsup2 So it did tie in. Very nice.
Kristen's sister Sarah will be thrilled to hear that Winnie the Pooh came out on DVD! She has been waiting for it since we saw it in July!!
Thank you for that announcement, and I don't even care that it was off topic. That is VERY important news!! :wizard:

What a fantastic night! Your video is amazing! I LOVED Fantasmic when we saw it last fall- I also was a big fan of Pocahontas since it came out when I was in Jr. High- LOVED the music!

Thank you so much! Fantasmic really is beautiful. And aww yay! Yes, Pocahontas has great music! I'm glad it's displayed so well in this show. :thumbsup2

Aw, nice update!

You have great trip reports and I am really enjoying this one too. I am a HUGE water-drinker as well; I probably drink about 80-120 oz of water a day, and that's not even trying. I love water! BUT had I seen that lemonade, I really would have wanted to buy one too. I ended up buying a Mickey drink at 50s Primetime just because it had a glowing ice cube in it. :rolleyes1 I truly love and appreciate that ice cube, even if I barely drank the super-sweet soda drink it came in.

The ice cube accompanied me to the beach. And I've learned that next time, I'll buy two drinks because I want two ice cubes. That wonderful ice cube is now at home with me, and I can't wait until the next drink I'll put it in. :)

Anyway, I've STILL never seen Fantasmic. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to see it next year when I do my solo trip. A girl can dream, yes? :bride:

I love the Muppets show! I wish they would expand the Muppets part of DHS some more.. it's family friendly and everything! Plus there's so much material there to work with.

Yay for a fast wait time! I've never been on Rock'n'Roller Coaster but will definitely try to get the back seat in December. I think it's a general rule that the back seat is always the better ride in any type of car (school bus, limos, etc.).

You know what I concluded? Fantasmic has sort of a 90's flare to it. Like... for example, don't the Lion King animals just seem so 90's? Maybe it's just the pattern on their costumes. And also, the music they play in the queue area is all 90's too. (Mambo No. 5 aww yeah.)

I forgot how scary this show is at some parts! The villain section is pretty intense! I'm immune to some scary things at Disney (like Dinosaur or Expedition Everest) but since I haven't seen Fantasmic in a few years, I was feeling the fear!

As we all can expect, though, there was a happy ending! Hooray!

Congrats on the good seats for Fantasmic! I'd like to think that Disney doesn't showcase Pocahontas as much because they're finally listening to complaints from the Native American community, but that doesn't seem likely based on statements Disney's made in the past. It's probably more likely that it's not a popular movie (never was, I seem to remember? I don't recall it getting good reviews) and there's so many other ultra-popular movies that came out at the same time, especially with the start of Pixar, that aren't controversial. I wish Emperor's New Groove would get more love! It would be amazing to see a face character Kuzco or Pacha or ANYONE really. Hilarious interaction and excellent costuming as well.

I love the DHS hat and the lights and everything! I even liked the Epcot wand (gasp!). It just looks so pretty at night. And there's a real Grauman's Chinese Theater and it's just not to same to see a replica. I like having a Disney opening/icon for each park.

Hmm, I wonder if a flash would be blinding through the windshield? (No idea when I got so good at rationalizing. I think it's a learned skill after dealing with cranky science professors for too long! But I think my boyfriend's made a similar complaint driving around at night and also based on my ballet/theater experiences. I hate riding in buses/cars - it feels unsafe to me - so it might just be me and my phobia!)

I don't even think the Pocahontas section is on the Fantasmic CD! Unless I took it off of my iTunes years ago... which I don't think I did. I don't know. And oh my gosh I know exactly what part your'e talking about. It's so beautiful! :goodvibes

Nope, it's definitely on the CD. Tracks 25 & 26 on the "Surround sound part"...not sure of the numbers for the "just music" part.

It's probably more likely that it's not a popular movie (never was, I seem to remember? I don't recall it getting good reviews)

I remember reading/hearing somewhere that The Lion King and Pochaontas were being animated at the same time. All of the animators wanted to work on Pocahontas because they thought it would be the stronger movie...and they were wrong!

I love Kristen's Muppet face! That needs to be in a Disney commercial. :laughing:

Of coarse it's on purpose! Everything in Disney world naturally grows into the shape of a mickey head

You know what Disney movie really does not get enough attention? The Hunchback of Notre Dame. That is a frakin good movie and it came out during the Disney renaissance to boot.

I LOVE the villains! I love them more than the princesses!

Why is Ms. Meg all alone on the boat? That's not very nice, where's Herc?

All of the best things are found on the floor! DUH!

Now, it's time for more epic Timmy comments. I apologize for the major onslaught of really confusing short comments I had earlier, these I promise won't be as confusing and much longer ::yes:: You're probably not exactly excited about that lol... okay onto the update!

"They're closer than you think... THE MUPPETS!" I guess this was some foreshadowing lol I totally gotta make note of Muppet Vision, 3D! The first time I went, it was closed down and the second time, we left before we even passed the place... or was it closed again? I don't know, I just haven't had good luck with that show :/ Maybe next time :thumbsup2

Awesome to hear about your luck with Rock n' Roller Coaster! I can't believe they were that far off on the time. I've never heard of that happening, usually they are only 5 minutes or ten minutes off, but over an hour! YOWZER! Then, you get in the seats you wanted from the start, pretty awesome :goodvibes

YAY (ALMOST) FANTASMIC TIME! That Lemonade looks so good! Any Lemonade slush or slush for that matter in my book is awesome, unless there is no flavor to go with the slush haha And when does that happen? NEVER! lol I love the Hidden Mickey! It just looks so legit. I really wonder if it really was intentional. Some little pixie dust there :tinker: I can't believe you guys got center front row seats! So lucky, I'm jealous hehe ;)

NOW, it's Fantasmic time! I'm shocked they didn't do the wave while you guys were in there. Oh well... I'm amazed how you didn't see this show for so long, it is a must-do for me, though I sadly had to miss it my last trip, because I was being a good friend :teeth: Nice to hear you guys stayed out of the splash zone like you wanted, though personally I would've preferred the splash zone :cloud9: Wow, I never thought of Fantasmic of being so nineties, but it makes sense. LOVE Mambo #5, especially the Disney version! I agree on the whole Pocahontas thing, I saw it for the first time in a long time and it was quite good, so to see it is still recognized in the parks is great :D I love the ending of Fantasmic though so awesome, glad to hear all of you enjoyed it including Nat, epicness! :)

Oh, that sign is so pretty. LOL @ the Nescafe coffee sign! I never even knew there was really such a coffee and nobody liked it on here. I must be really out of the loop, of course :p Love your pictures in front of the hat and the one of you and Kristen in front of the "Let the Memories Begin!" sign, as you said, "so precious"! I think that word is starting to wear on me now, thanks to you! teehee Moving on...

Oh, BIG, HUGE, GINORMOUS :thumbsup2 to my main man Pluto up there! Awww yeah! LOL @ Kristen with the stroller tag. The random souvenis that you don't even buy and become a great part of a Disney trip :laughing: Whoa, that bus driver was really mean! The whole deal with the flash, sheesh! I thought drivers couldn't get any worse than the jerks I had to deal with on my last trip. Uggghhh... I don't even want to talk about that. Well, anyways, great to hear you had another awesome, late night! NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY :love:

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

P.S. What?! No mention of the collision between Nat and Kristen in the video?! Seriously, I think that deserves Frump TR glory ::yes:: Just like you getting attacked by the kid in Toon Park (May Toontown R.I.P) I just had to add that here ;)

Aw, nice update!

You have great trip reports and I am really enjoying this one too. I am a HUGE water-drinker as well; I probably drink about 80-120 oz of water a day, and that's not even trying. I love water! BUT had I seen that lemonade, I really would have wanted to buy one too. I ended up buying a Mickey drink at 50s Primetime just because it had a glowing ice cube in it. :rolleyes1 I truly love and appreciate that ice cube, even if I barely drank the super-sweet soda drink it came in.

The ice cube accompanied me to the beach. And I've learned that next time, I'll buy two drinks because I want two ice cubes. That wonderful ice cube is now at home with me, and I can't wait until the next drink I'll put it in. :)

Anyway, I've STILL never seen Fantasmic. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to see it next year when I do my solo trip. A girl can dream, yes? :bride:

Thank you so much!
Haha I'm glad you understand. And LOL I totally would buy a fancy fruity drink for the same reason but then I wouldn't even end up finishing half of it :p Light up ice cubes are awesome, though.
Aww definitely go on your next trip! Especially if it's a solo trip... you can make things happen! :thumbsup2

I love the Muppets show! I wish they would expand the Muppets part of DHS some more.. it's family friendly and everything! Plus there's so much material there to work with.

Yay for a fast wait time! I've never been on Rock'n'Roller Coaster but will definitely try to get the back seat in December. I think it's a general rule that the back seat is always the better ride in any type of car (school bus, limos, etc.).

Congrats on the good seats for Fantasmic! I'd like to think that Disney doesn't showcase Pocahontas as much because they're finally listening to complaints from the Native American community, but that doesn't seem likely based on statements Disney's made in the past. It's probably more likely that it's not a popular movie (never was, I seem to remember? I don't recall it getting good reviews) and there's so many other ultra-popular movies that came out at the same time, especially with the start of Pixar, that aren't controversial. I wish Emperor's New Groove would get more love! It would be amazing to see a face character Kuzco or Pacha or ANYONE really. Hilarious interaction and excellent costuming as well.

I love the DHS hat and the lights and everything! I even liked the Epcot wand (gasp!). It just looks so pretty at night. And there's a real Grauman's Chinese Theater and it's just not to same to see a replica. I like having a Disney opening/icon for each park.

Hmm, I wonder if a flash would be blinding through the windshield? (No idea when I got so good at rationalizing. I think it's a learned skill after dealing with cranky science professors for too long! But I think my boyfriend's made a similar complaint driving around at night and also based on my ballet/theater experiences. I hate riding in buses/cars - it feels unsafe to me - so it might just be me and my phobia!)

I would be up for that! I LOVE the muppets :goodvibes
I would ask for the front or the back if you can! Those are the BEST spots. And yeah it is... I think it has something to do with physics. But I don't know the logistics. :laughing:
Thanks! Yeah, I'm not really sure. I think it depends on everyone's preference, and some movies are under-appreciated. But that's just how it goes!
I really love the hat too, and I liked the wand as well! I like all of icons.. they're pretty :) And they look beautiful at night!
Hahaha who knows. He was crabby. :laughing:

Nope, it's definitely on the CD. Tracks 25 & 26 on the "Surround sound part"...not sure of the numbers for the "just music" part.

I remember reading/hearing somewhere that The Lion King and Pochaontas were being animated at the same time. All of the animators wanted to work on Pocahontas because they thought it would be the stronger movie...and they were wrong!

Oh really!? You know... I imported that Fantasmic music back when I was in like... 8th grade or something and I was weird about certain songs so I deleted some. I didn't want them to come on shuffle when I was listening to my iPod with non-disney people :rotfl: But now I don't care. ANYWAY I don't have it in my iTunes so next time I'm home I'll have to reimport that Fantasmic CD!
Were they really? That's interesting. I think Pocahontas was a strong movie... a lot of people really love her and the movie! It just is not a popular one nowadays. Which is a shame. But you know. Lion King is just beyond words amazing... so I guess it's hard to compare.

I love Kristen's Muppet face! That needs to be in a Disney commercial. :laughing:

Of coarse it's on purpose! Everything in Disney world naturally grows into the shape of a mickey head

You know what Disney movie really does not get enough attention? The Hunchback of Notre Dame. That is a frakin good movie and it came out during the Disney renaissance to boot.

I LOVE the villains! I love them more than the princesses!

Why is Ms. Meg all alone on the boat? That's not very nice, where's Herc?

All of the best things are found on the floor! DUH!

HAHAHA it really should be.
Ah yes, that's the answer I like to hear ;)
I really have never seen that one! It's definitely another under appreciated one.
Haha the villains are pretty awesome!
I don't know! I don't think I have ever seen a Hercules character before! I know he used to be out way back in the day... but I don't think anymore :(
LOL I guess that's a way to look at it :rotfl:

Now, it's time for more epic Timmy comments. I apologize for the major onslaught of really confusing short comments I had earlier, these I promise won't be as confusing and much longer ::yes:: You're probably not exactly excited about that lol... okay onto the update!

"They're closer than you think... THE MUPPETS!" I guess this was some foreshadowing lol I totally gotta make note of Muppet Vision, 3D! The first time I went, it was closed down and the second time, we left before we even passed the place... or was it closed again? I don't know, I just haven't had good luck with that show :/ Maybe next time :thumbsup2

Awesome to hear about your luck with Rock n' Roller Coaster! I can't believe they were that far off on the time. I've never heard of that happening, usually they are only 5 minutes or ten minutes off, but over an hour! YOWZER! Then, you get in the seats you wanted from the start, pretty awesome :goodvibes

YAY (ALMOST) FANTASMIC TIME! That Lemonade looks so good! Any Lemonade slush or slush for that matter in my book is awesome, unless there is no flavor to go with the slush haha And when does that happen? NEVER! lol I love the Hidden Mickey! It just looks so legit. I really wonder if it really was intentional. Some little pixie dust there :tinker: I can't believe you guys got center front row seats! So lucky, I'm jealous hehe ;)

NOW, it's Fantasmic time! I'm shocked they didn't do the wave while you guys were in there. Oh well... I'm amazed how you didn't see this show for so long, it is a must-do for me, though I sadly had to miss it my last trip, because I was being a good friend :teeth: Nice to hear you guys stayed out of the splash zone like you wanted, though personally I would've preferred the splash zone :cloud9: Wow, I never thought of Fantasmic of being so nineties, but it makes sense. LOVE Mambo #5, especially the Disney version! I agree on the whole Pocahontas thing, I saw it for the first time in a long time and it was quite good, so to see it is still recognized in the parks is great :D I love the ending of Fantasmic though so awesome, glad to hear all of you enjoyed it including Nat, epicness! :)

Oh, that sign is so pretty. LOL @ the Nescafe coffee sign! I never even knew there was really such a coffee and nobody liked it on here. I must be really out of the loop, of course :p Love your pictures in front of the hat and the one of you and Kristen in front of the "Let the Memories Begin!" sign, as you said, "so precious"! I think that word is starting to wear on me now, thanks to you! teehee Moving on...

Oh, BIG, HUGE, GINORMOUS :thumbsup2 to my main man Pluto up there! Awww yeah! LOL @ Kristen with the stroller tag. The random souvenis that you don't even buy and become a great part of a Disney trip :laughing: Whoa, that bus driver was really mean! The whole deal with the flash, sheesh! I thought drivers couldn't get any worse than the jerks I had to deal with on my last trip. Uggghhh... I don't even want to talk about that. Well, anyways, great to hear you had another awesome, late night! NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY :love:

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

P.S. What?! No mention of the collision between Nat and Kristen in the video?! Seriously, I think that deserves Frump TR glory ::yes:: Just like you getting attacked by the kid in Toon Park (May Toontown R.I.P) I just had to add that here ;)

Haha no problem! I can keep up ;) I'm a pro at this point.
AHH you have to go to Muppet Vision! Kristen will be very disappointed that you have never been to it. :laughing:
Yeah RnR was doing good that night. SO FUN! :woohoo:
Yum that lemonade tasted so good since it was so hot out. And haha I wonder if they did that on purpose. If so.. I'm proud of us for finding it! And lol thanks... best seats in the houseee!
Yeah, I mean I've gone with my family so many times that we don't make it a priority anymore. And when I went in January with Kristen and Vick we only had single day passes and our planned Hollywood day wasn't a Fantasmic day. Oh well!
Yeah... the splash zone could have been nice on a day like that!
I'm glad you agree! And LOL I so remember the Disney version. How precious was that? Hello, Radio Disney CD from the early 2000's. Those were the good days.
Yeah, Pocahontas deserves more credit because a lot of people LOVE that movie. I'm glad it still is incorporated in Fantasmic.
I wonder if they're changing the show up at all since that big refurb for Fantasmic is coming up? Hmmm I guess we'll have to wait and see!
Precious is the word that I get people to say. They're just in my presence and it happens :rotfl:
LOVE that pluto! So cute.
Yeah... some bus drivers need to just cheer up. I'm trying to document every moment of my trip here!!! You should be happy that your bus is included, darn it!
P.S. Hahahaha I'll edit it in, just for you. There is always some sort of collision in these movies. How frumpy :lmao:

I would be up for that! I LOVE the muppets :goodvibes
I would ask for the front or the back if you can! Those are the BEST spots. And yeah it is... I think it has something to do with physics. But I don't know the logistics. :laughing:
Thanks! Yeah, I'm not really sure. I think it depends on everyone's preference, and some movies are under-appreciated. But that's just how it goes!
I really love the hat too, and I liked the wand as well! I like all of icons.. they're pretty :) And they look beautiful at night!
Hahaha who knows. He was crabby. :laughing:

The back usually gets accelerated faster (like when you go over a hill, the first bit is getting accelerated only by gravity and the effect snowballs as you move further back because you have forces adding when each car pulls on the cars behind it. The last car feels the force of gravity and the forces of all the cars in front pulling it so if you do Force = mass*acceleration, and the mass of a car is roughly the same but there's more force compared to the front, the back car's acceleration must be faster. Science!) so you feel the hills/turns much more compared to the front. Finally those excruciating years of physics come in handy! ;)

Yeah, I think Pocahontas was always more likely to fade into obscurity, even moreso than something like The Black Cauldron (even though BC was a bad adaptation of a terrific series, calling Pocahontas an 'adaptation' is being extremely generous) because when you can't even get your main character's name right, you kind of have a problem, you know? The Black Cauldron got that much right at least!

Or maybe I'm just biased because I always liked Pocahontas/Kocoum better than Pocahontas/John Smith and it turns out I was right all along (unlike the disastrous Jo/Professor Bhaer incident of Little Women. Jo/Teddy is clearly superior! :rolleyes:).

After having creeped on all of your trip reports so far, I've figured that I should probably post by now. You definitely have the most amazing trips and are having such a Disney year! I am so jealous and wish that there were people like you and your friends at my high school last year.

Anyway, Fantasmic! I hadn't seen this show since 2000 until this August, so I know how you were feeling and enjoyed it a lot as well. You got some awesome seats and pictures! I love HS at night as well; I feel like it is one of the best lit parks at night. Looking forward to more trip fun in your future posts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter