Theoretical Question....tell me if I am nuts to think this.

OK. I'm really going to need to give this some thought. I would really like to have the advantage to book at 11 months but the loss in value after brokerage fees might just make me gamble by keeping it. I can't believe they get 10% when most of the real estate world only works on 4-6%.
If your BLT contract sold for $20,000, at 10% the broker's commission is $2,000. At 7%-8% the commission drops to $1,400 - $1,600. The broker gets part of that money, the rest of it goes to the owner of the firm.

The real estate brokers who charge 4%-6% are selling homes. The commission on a $200,000 home/condo sale at 4% is $8,000. Home prices in our area are much higher than that so a 4% commission takes a big chunk out of the selling owner's sales proceeds.

Last edited:
Agreed on the fact that the brokers aren't making the same money on the sale of a DVC contract vs. a house, but they are literally doing 10% of the work also. There are no showings, no advertising fees outside of a relatively simple website, no signs, and no inspections to deal with. Not to sound harsh, but a DVC broker is doing very little when compared to a "regular" real estate broker.

The more I think about this...the better off I think I am just to stay put, book exactly 7 months in advance, and be flexible if I need to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter