• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

themed dinners? which nights

princess angel

**If You Can Dream It, You can Do It**
going on the 7 night eastern caribbean cruise, and I should know this by now,
but which nights are the Tropical night, It's a small world... etc...

I know to plan on one of the 3 rotation scenarios, but I also need to know which are the themed nights....
Palo's better be worth all this stress! LOL!!! :)

thanks!

Laura :)

Sun - formal
Tues - tropical
Thurs - semi-formal
Fri - small world

Sat, Mon & Wed are the rotation restaurants

oh thankyou!!!

and the rotation nights (sat, mon, wed) have the regular restaurant menu's that I have found posted on websites, correct?

thanks!!!!!!!

During the dining rotation let's say you have the laplap rotation, do they do the "show" at AP both nights?
I agree that Palo BETTER be worth all this.... I know it will be, but man!
:smooth:

With the LAP rotation, the first night at Animator's Palate is formal night, so they don't do the show. It's only on Wednesday night.

Palo is better than any of the rotation restaurants, no matter which night you miss.....(IMHO).

Thanks for the helpful info. I was wondering the same thing, but I need to ask:
1. What is the small world night and how do you dress for it?
And
2. For tropical night, you just wear tropical attire, not costumes, right?

Thanks!
TT

"Small World" night is billed as, "An International Dinner Celebrating the diversity of our crew." Dress is normal restaurant dress, i.e. casual for AP and PC, "Jacket Recommended" for Lumière's. There's an indication that they no longer ask you to dress up for Lumière's, but I'm not sure about that yet.

Tropical night is just tropical attire, Hawaiian shirts, etc. I think you can get away with shorts in the dining room on this night.

I was thinking it would be nice to dress in red white and blue for small world night
at the least wear our mickey flag pins!

Thank you for the info, Senor Ferrari. I appreciate it! :)

imgoingtodisney, what a GREAT IDEA for small world night - wearing patriotic colors! Thanks for the idea!

TT

hey what can i say? i spend my time obsessing over coordinating things like this
and how about yellow/lime green/palm trees to Parrot Cay dinner and char breakfast?
black and white clothes to animator's palate then add a bit of color (beads) as show progresses?

Where did ya'll learn about all of this?! There was nothing in our documents about Tropical Night or It's a Small World Night. Is that something you just find out when you get on board, or did you learn about it elsewhere ( like your TA )?

Chip

P.S. Talking Tina: My husband and I LOVE your picture! That is one of our favorite Twilight Zone episodes!!

I learned about most everything from Dave's and Barb's sites along with all the other wonderful sites out there. Reading this board obsessively and asking the questions that are tormenting you here and ALWAYS getting the exact answer you are looking for. I do think the key word is obsessive. I really don't love surprises so I am so happy to feel prepared. Thanks again to everyone who takes the time to answer our questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter