Theme Parks are Empty!!!!!

We got back last night.... we did find the crowds very manageable until yesterday (Aug. 3rd) MK was a nightmare!!!! We were there @ rope drop and rode Thunder Mtn. 3x (my Dd's favorite) in a row w/o a wait, but then we tried Splash mtn and it was already @ 30 min. at 9:40.... so we got fastpasses.... did POTC, came back to ride Splash and it was up to 50 min, Thunder Mtn. was @ 45.... (@ 10:10am)... we walked through Fantasyland and there were TONS of tour groups everywhere we turned-a group of 50+++ had just gotten in line for the Haunted Mansion and that line was longer than I'd ever seen it!!!! The rides in Fantasyland were clocking 45-60 min each @ 10:45.... we headed out around 11:15 to go back to the hotel for one last swim before catching out flight and it was like trying to swim upstream with the swarms of people coming down Main street! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Overall it was a FABULOUS trip.... I just noticed a HUGE difference in crowds on the very last day as opposed to the rest of the trip. Thought it was odd especially since the night prior was an MK EMH night in which the park was open until 2am????

Yes, I have visited all the parks, on seperate occasions this year. Feb, Mar, and just a couple days ago. Everything seems dead. Which is good for the individual, you know, getting right on rides and attractions and such, but not so good for the company.

So, as much as I hate to say it, I hope Disney starts bringing in more people soon.

Maybe Disney will realize that maybe raising ticket prices was a really bad idea.
Someone said it! :worship:

This is not good news at all about the crowd levels. I'd rather stand in long lines and have the industry pick back up rather than see empty parks. True, a lot of people are celebrating due to shorter lines, yadda yadda. But this is not what I want to hear. Very scary. :sad1:

We got back last night.... we did find the crowds very manageable until yesterday (Aug. 3rd) MK was a nightmare!!!!

Overall it was a FABULOUS trip.... I just noticed a HUGE difference in crowds on the very last day as opposed to the rest of the trip. Thought it was odd especially since the night prior was an MK EMH night in which the park was open until 2am????

I wonder if this was due to the big influx of Brits who started free dining on August 2 :confused3

I promise you it was 150

We were SHOCKED :scared1:

I've walked right on a few times. Maybe it was because it was so darn hot and folks were trying to avoid the sun, but it was the craziest thing......

We didn't go to the ride to find out, I'm just quoting what we saw on the monitor in the park.

I believe you! Last summer we rode Nemo with no wait in the morning; walked by it a while later and they had all these ropes out to corral everyone snaking out of the building. It was crazy!:laughing: Later that day it was back to a 20 min wait :confused3

A Disney mind-control experiment? :idea: Hey, let's see if we can get everyone to stand in line at Nemo at once!

we are dvc and had originally booked dream season but wanted to save on some points so we switched to aug. 16 thinking free dining wouldn't be till later in the month...haha silly us! Crossing our fingers for no crowds!

we were ther for free dining last year and we did's wait more that 15-25 minutes for anything. I don't think we got fast passes at all.

We're heading down mid-week next week (won't be in the parks until Sunday though). Less crowds would be fun for sure. :)

However, in trying to make food ressies, I was having problems getting into a lot of places so I'm wondering how crowded it will be...

Someone said it! :worship:

This is not good news at all about the crowd levels. I'd rather stand in long lines and have the industry pick back up rather than see empty parks. True, a lot of people are celebrating due to shorter lines, yadda yadda. But this is not what I want to hear. Very scary. :sad1:

I agree completely.

Disney's parks struggled last quarter and they were filled with guests from the promotions. What happens THIS quarter if there are fewer people?

What happens? .....more reduction in shows and services and more staff layoffs. No pixie dust with this solution.

Ok, everyone who is celebrating smaller crowds will to have to open their wallets and spend a bunch more to make up for the $$$ loss to Disney's bottom line.

Keeping fingers, toes, and anything else crossed this trend continues for at least the next few weeks!!;)

We'll be there in 2 1/2 weeks, also. I'm hoping we have the same luck!! Right now, touringplans.com have the entire week at 5's and 7's....we'll see!

I agree with others who say we need the crowds for Disney's sake. Saying that...I haven't been since 1999 and we ALWAYS went over the 4th of July. Crowds are what I'm used to. That's one of the things I think about when I think of Disney. Our last trip was done in the beginning of August in 99 and it was still packed. We are going the end of October and I'm really hoping for a change of crowds. I want at least 1 time that I go, to have low crowds.

We're heading down mid-week next week (won't be in the parks until Sunday though). Less crowds would be fun for sure. :)

However, in trying to make food ressies, I was having problems getting into a lot of places so I'm wondering how crowded it will be...
Heard on the Podcast that they are having problems with the reservation system. Been reported that there is no availability through ADR, but then are able to walk up and get seated. If try going to the restaurant, at off hours for normal meal times, you might be able to get it.

I'am kinda glad the crowds are down. Friends of ours are there now, off site and they are going randomly to the parks all but HS. They have no reservations for any food what so ever. I'm sure they will be fine though, because they don't plan on eating sit down meals and are really taking there time. They aren't down there just for WDW only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter