Theme Park Tickets-Unused days

ctkmom3kidz

Earning My Ears
I have some tickets that are not completely used. Is there a telephone number that I can call to see how many days are left on each ticket??
thanks maureen

Unfortunately, no. You can only check them AT the parks, at any Guest Services location. I believe the resorts can check them for you as well, but it has to be done on property. Sorry!

:earsboy:

That's correct WDSearcher... The resorts can do them as well, but they will not be able to do them over the phone, they have to have the tickets in hand to give you that information.

Here's a question: why not? I think I have convinced myself that there is no *technical* reason why it can't be done. Instead Disney chooses not to do it.

As mousesavers points out, lost tickets can be replaced by having only a photocopy of the back of the pass, even if they are partially used:

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwtixadvice.html#important

Now, presumably, Disney doesn't issue you a brand-new unused ticket if you lose a partially-used one. Also presumably, you are given a "new" ticket, not just a "copy" of the old ticket, else the old ticket would still work (if it were, for example, stolen). So, they must be able to tell how much is left on the ticket from only the photocopy of the back of the ticket, in order to issue a "correct" new one. Presumably, since there are no barcodes on the tickets (at least, I don't recall seeing any) that means that the ticket number is enough to figure out what is left. Also presumably, one could just read those numbers off over the phone to the same effect.

My theory: Disney requires you to bring the pass to them to help keep a lid on the secondary market for used passes.

Brian Noble said:
Here's a question: why not? I think I have convinced myself that there is no *technical* reason why it can't be done. Instead Disney chooses not to do it.
My theory: Disney requires you to bring the pass to them to help keep a lid on the secondary market for used passes.

You are sort of correct. It is actually illegal to re-sell theme park tickets (truth...it is a Florida law) we all know it is done, but...

If you are there in person chances are you are going to be using them for yourself.

Anyway, with the new MYW tickets and the Bometric readers the re-sale of tickets will no longer be an option as the biometric has to match the person that first used it.

If it is a Florida law, then it is only illegal in Florida. Someone in New Jersey could sell them to someone in California without ever bumping into this law. And, given the extensive grey market in partially used passes on 192, I'm guessing that enforcing this law is not a high priority for the powers that be in Florida.

ctkmom3kidz said:
Ihow many days are left on each ticket??

A CM friend recently had training on the new tickets that become effective January 2. A piece of advice shared with me was to go directly to the turnstiles with tickets that might have unused days left. Do not go to Guest Services/Ticket Window first. If you have the ticket read at the window starting January 2, you will most likely lose the "never expires" feature on the ticket. I hope this makes sense.

JudithM said:
.... If you have the ticket read at the window starting January 2, you will most likely lose the "never expires" feature on the ticket. I hope this makes sense.

Really? :earseek: I find this hard to believe!

Brian Noble said:
If it is a Florida law, then it is only illegal in Florida. Someone in New Jersey could sell them to someone in California without ever bumping into this law. And, given the extensive grey market in partially used passes on 192, I'm guessing that enforcing this law is not a high priority for the powers that be in Florida.

The problem comes into play when you arrive at the park with a ticket you purchased that has no admission days left on it. Unfortunately we were behind a family in that circumstance and they had no recourse but to purchase tickets. It was very sad.

TJ

JudithM said:
A CM friend recently had training on the new tickets that become effective January 2. A piece of advice shared with me was to go directly to the turnstiles with tickets that might have unused days left. Do not go to Guest Services/Ticket Window first. If you have the ticket read at the window starting January 2, you will most likely lose the "never expires" feature on the ticket. I hope this makes sense.

That is entirely untrue. The tickets are not scanned to read the numbers are just input into the system and then hit enter and it tells you what type of ticket it is and how many days have been used. It does nothing to the ticket itself... I too have been to the class and they said nothing of the sort.

Your CM friend must not have been paying attention... Having your tickets read does not and will not change the entitlements on them. Any entitlements you have paid for will remain on your tickets until they are completely used.

As for the distinction between FL law and NJ/CA law, scalping tickets is scalping tickets. You can argue fuzzy morality all you like, but the fact remains that WDW tickets will not be read over the phone, and yes that is a conscious choice. WDW's property, WDW's tickets, WDW's policies... no debate, reality.

Interesting thing happened to us today. At AK, people in our party who had 7-day hopper plus tickets had to do the biometric scan, just like annual passholders do. I assume this is some sort of test to determine how much longer it will take to process people through the lines with the new MYW tickets which are rumored to all include the biometric scan. Then later, at Epcot, no one in our party, including annual passholders, had to do the biometric scan. I thought this was odd, maybe it is part of the same test?

Once upon a time there were four office employees, Anybody, Somebody, Everybody, and Nobody.

>>> Everybody, who had a 7 day park hopper plus, had to do the biometric scan
All adult guests have to use the scanner nowadays, even if the ticket was from before the finger scanner era. Children ages 3-9 are exempt because their fingers are often still growing which would result in non-matching data for a later visit.

>>> Later, at Epcot, Nobody had to do the biometric scan.
Sometimes when lines are long, the scanners are switched to "ignore" mode to speed up entrance to the park. There is supposedly also a "cursory" mode that is faster although less accurate, passing guests who should be rejected.

>>> Can't Anybody go to a Disney Store and they will tell you?
No. In addition, Disney Stores are no longer owned by Disney.

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

If the ticket is Magic Your Way (bought after 1/1/05) unless it says "NE" (No Expire) on it the ticket is dead. If it is pre-MYW with very few exceptions unused days never expire; some tickets, however, had plus options expire after seven days from first use.

The only way to fnd out about what remains on a ticket is by going to a location which has Automated Ticketing System terminals. This would be any park (including water park and TTC) ticket booth or any Guest Relations Office outside the parks or at DTD.

At those locations not only can they tell you what is still available on them, but if they happen to have become demagetized they can replace them for you.

There is no telephone number to call. Even if you are able to provide a location with the ticket serial number over the phone the CMs are prohibited from releasing this information over the phone. Violation by a CM is cause for disciplinary action, up to and including terminiation.

The Disney Store locations do not have access to ATS terminals; they only sell pre-encoded tickets.

And, BTW, rather than ressurrecting a thread which was about three years old it might have been easier to start a new one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter