Theme park tickets cheaper when in Orlando?

Tash87

DIS Veteran
Confusing story but.....A friend of a friend has been told that park tickets are cheaper to buy when you get out there from a booth? And not the Ticket centres situated at the parks, I'm assuming they mean the 'dodgy' little booths selling second hand tickets?

Can anyone confirm this? It's news to me, if so!

Also am I right in thinking the little booths situated in car parks etc are dodgy?

I prefer the safety of buying from a Disney/Universal approved ticket seller.

But we do go to Orlando for the parks. They are a big part of our vacation.

You see some of the booths on I Drive but I wouldn't risk it. We always get our tickets from Attraction Tickets Direct before we go and they price match and send you real tickets.

There are some places that are OK to buy tickets in Orlando but most of the booths are dodgy.

The best way to buy park tickets is before you go. There are plenty of good sellers that offer a discount here.

You are correct - dodgy and avoid.

Some tickets like the Universal ones we can buy are a better deal than those you can get on the gate.

Thank you. This confirms what I thought. The person who was told this is actually planning on buying their family's tickets from these booths.

I have always bought my tickets from American attractions before we go away. But when I got told to buy them out there from a booth as they are cheaper I thought ' no way, am I missing out on something?' This info originally came from someone who has a villa near Disney world and is out there a lot, so it did make me second guess myself.

I would never rely on buying my tickets from a booth :sad2:

Would never do this. Even if it turned out to be legit I would be seriously so nervous, would not be worth it to save a few dollars after paying so much for flights etc. i feel like it would take away from my pre-trip excitement haha

Years ago those booths went too bad, but that's when you could sell them your un used tickets, and the parks didn't clamp down on it! And I'm talking about at least 15yrs.
I definitely wouldn't get them from those booths now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter