• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Theme Park Parking Fee Increase Tomorrow (update in first post)

It isn't just taxes, it is the fact the land parking lots are built on in the downtown areas of major cities is very valuable. A parking lot has to make a lot of money for its owners to justify its existence. That, plus supply and demand.

Yes but taxes are a huge portion. In the city of Chicago direct taxes account for 30.25% of the daily/hourly parking charge alone. That doesn't account for other "hidden" taxes imposed on the garages/lots directly that are passed on to the parker.

In 2011 Disney (Florida) paid over $87 million in property taxes....someone has to pay for that. So before you gripe over a lousy $2 parking fee increase you should check the figures of what it takes to run a HUGE company like Disney. My husband and I are both self employed and totally get it! Yes their profit margin is way higher than ours, but they have more headaches to deal with as well.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter