• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Theme Park Parking Fee Increase Tomorrow (update in first post)

andyman8

DIS Veteran and WDW Passholder
Starting tomorrow, guests will be charged $17 to park a standard car at all four Walt Disney World theme parks' parking lots. This is $2 up from the current price of $15, which was raised in June from $14.

Downtown Disney "parking" (as if there really is any left), Disney Water Park parking, and parking for select annual passholders and Disney Resort Hotel guests will remain free.

UPDATE: The pricing increase did in fact go in effect today with a standard car, limo, or motorcycle costing the previously mentioned $17. RVs and trailers will be $18 and busses and tractor trailers will be $21. What I didn't predict was the $5 price increase in Disney Resort Hotel valet parking, which is now $20 (up from $15).

Wow, that is ridiculous. Disney is going full force with price increases for everything.

No wonder they just sent the "gold" cards with Parking printed on it to annual passholders.

Now I'm even more happy to have the out of state AP.

It's gonna save me $136 on this first trip alone

Thanks, Nextgen....you are awesome (and waaaaaaaaaaay over budget). :rolleyes1 Let me guess....this will be reported as increased "guest spending".

I have an AP, but even though, that is just ridiculous. $17 frigging dollars to park. Holy cow.

My husband and I were talking tonight about the costs associated with taking a trip to WDW (we just returned from a 11 night stay on Monday where we used the bus system as we had no vehicle and did not have to pay the parking fee). We looked up info on just their property taxes alone....expensive!!! No wonder it costs so much to go! Between that and wages, transportation expenses and upkeep, insurance (health for employees and liability) etc, etc, it's mind boggling what they pay out on a yearly basis!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No wonder they just sent the "gold" cards with Parking printed on it to annual passholders.

I didn't get one and haven't heard anything about it. Are they sending them to all AP holders? I have a FL resident AP (specifically for the free parking) and my son has a FL resident seasonal AP.

My husband and I were talking tonight about the costs associated with taking a trip to WDW (we just returned from a 11 night stay on Monday where we used the bus system as we had no vehicle and did not have to pay the parking fee). We looked up info on just their property taxes alone....expensive!!! No wonder it costs so much to go! Between that and wages, transportation expenses and upkeep, insurance (health for employees and liability) etc, etc, it's mind boggling what they pay out on a yearly basis!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You mean the 4 bucks they charge for that "fruit skewer" isn't cutting it? I can't think of a better way to spend 4 bucks for one strawberry, one small piece of pineapple and a couple of grapes.

I didn't get one and haven't heard anything about it. Are they sending them to all AP holders? I have a FL resident AP (specifically for the free parking) and my son has a FL resident seasonal AP.

Florida APs get a black card (parking not included), Others get the gold

Florida APs get a black card (parking not included), Others get the gold

There are different kinds of annual passes for Florida residents,the premium annual and the regular annual both of which get free parking and the seasonal which doesn't get free parking.

$17 is outrageous and frankly another way to get money from offsite visitors. When I was arguing that offsite does often spend quite a bit, I forgot about parking fees.

I love having a car even if onsite but this is a big chunk of change if you drive one for a week.

I have to be honest....parking at our local 6 Flags is like $20. Of course they are only open for 7 months/year and typically have only 200/300 cars on a good weekend so they do what they can.

We get free parking with our $50 AP so it doesn't affect us, but it bugs me that they charge that much for the GP. The nickle and diming going on at WDW is disgusting, though. Especially when we know WHY they are doing it.

nickle and diming going on at WDW is disgusting, though. Especially when we know WHY they are doing it.

Totally agree- offsite charges for magic bands AND parking. Ouch. I always stay onsite bc I hate Driving and get good deals renting DVC but if I were an offsite hotel lover id be disappointed about now... I mean I get it, but like you said. We know exactly what their intentions are: make it less affordable to stay offsite. Kind of sad...

There are different kinds of annual passes for Florida residents,the premium annual and the regular annual both of which get free parking and the seasonal which doesn't get free parking.

Disneyland is the same way with multiple AP options for out of state residents with free parking only being a perk on the highest level. I was hoping to get the cheaper deluxe AP this year but the DL marathon weekend was blacked out so I ended up upgrading to the premium.

With parking prices as high as they are and bigger in park discounts I'll actually come out ahead with all the trips I'm doing this year. I'm always impressed with how well Disney has mastered the art of encouraging extra spending by offering just enough perks to convince me spending more make financial sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter