The Year Without Disney is Officially Over!! Now a TR

Here I am stuck in a hotel room on a business trip but all I am thinking about is being d-land in a month. Also this program makes me wake up at 330am! The only good thing is that its great training for waking up early to drive to d-land :-)

PAP sounds like a great idea, when trips are in summer and during the winter holidays.

I agree and thanks for the input! :goodvibes

We always do tag team trip report. It's so much fun! It's nice to get both perspectives :-)

I love doing joint pre-trip and trip reports. It's fun to see what the other person remembers and how they viewed the trip. Plus, you never know who's going update next! :rotfl:

I love that ya'll do that!!

Thanks Belle Ella! We really enjoy doing this together.

Here I am stuck in a hotel room on a business trip but all I am thinking about is being d-land in a month. Also this program makes me wake up at 330am! The only good thing is that its great training for waking up early to drive to d-land :-)

I know it stinks love but it's only for a few more days. Look at the bright side, you have a job that is allowing us to go to Disneyland in less then a month! And like you said, it's good training for getting up early for our drive.

Only 12 days to go!!! I'm so excited I can barely stand it :cool1:

Just a couple of updates today. DMIL and DSIL are definitely not going to be joining us. We thought they were and then they dropped out much to our disappointment. Oh well. Hopefully we'll be able to plan a Christmas trip with everyone. :santa:

I usually buy everyone going a little something from the Disney Store before we go just to get us excited for our trip. A couple of weeks ago I bought some cute things for my mom, DH and I (since we were the only ones for sure going at that time). I love the Disney store sale!! I got some great deals. Here's what I got:

For my mom I got this cute bag.

CIMG5813.jpg

Last time we were there she brought this tiny little purse and she ended up using one of my bigger bags because she needed more room. So I thought this would be perfect for her! She already put her pins on it.

CIMG5814.jpg

For DH I got these cute flip flops. They aren't for wearing around the park since they are so flimsy but they are great for the pool. I didn't want to get him another t-shirt because he has drawers full of them!!

CIMG5807.jpg

For me I got this cute bracelet. It wasn't on sale but it was only $14 and I didn't see anything else I wanted.

CIMG5808.jpg
[/IMG]

I put my pins on my Ariel bag as well. I'm tired of wearing a lanyard around because I have so many pins that it's super heavy! Plus I get a lanyard tan; not cute! :laughing:

CIMG5811.jpg

That's all for now! I hope everyone is having a great summer and is staying nice and cool. :)

Nice purses, ladies! Too bad (or good thing?) I live in Canada, makes it a big expensive pain to order from the disney store. I can't believe you only have... 9 days to go! Still seems like a long wait for me, but at least we've been filling out weekends with fun summer stuff, makes it go by faster.

Hello everyone! Just wanted to give you a quick update on our status. Today we went to the grocery store and picked up everything we need for the trip. We got some food and drinks so we don't spend all our money on that down there so we can leave a little for the cove bar, espn, and uva! haha We also started planning out what we want to do in the 3 days. The new star tours is a must, as is fantasmic, WOC and fireworks. Disney mom in law also got her 3 day hopper at safeway since those are still only 199 instead of 220. We are still holding out hope that we can bug her enough to apply that to a season pass. We'll see, she is a big sucker for christmas so maybe we can keep talking about a December trip that could push her over the fence. Either way I know DW and I will go on at least 2 more trips this year because my family already has theirs. Its getting so close now, I can't wait! Well DW and I are off to see Captain America. Another comic book from my childhood come to life on the big screen I'm Super Excited right now. Talk to everyone later! Have a great day!

Hi All!

I was looking at the Disneyland Resort Update this morning and saw that the "Taste of Downtown Disney" is scheduled for August 11th, the first day that we are there. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm concerned that all of DTD will be closed off to people who don't pay $75 to get in. We were planning on going to ESPN that night for dinner but now I'm not sure if we can. Any information people?

Hi All!

I was looking at the Disneyland Resort Update this morning and saw that the "Taste of Downtown Disney" is scheduled for August 11th, the first day that we are there. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm concerned that all of DTD will be closed off to people who don't pay $75 to get in. We were planning on going to ESPN that night for dinner but now I'm not sure if we can. Any information people?

Never heard of it! I'm sure you'll still be able to walk through DTD and shop/eat... right?

So close now! You guys must be getting so excited!

Dancing banana to celebrate! :banana:

We are excited!! We leave tomorrow morning!! How about another dancing banana to celebrate!! :banana:

Never heard of it! I'm sure you'll still be able to walk through DTD and shop/eat... right?

DH got some more information and it looks like we'll be able to still walk through DTD and eat at ESPN Zone tomorrow night. Even if we can't we have a plan B. :thumbsup2

And this is for how excited I am that we are leaving tomorrow morning!!!!!

:cheer2::banana::cheer2::banana::cheer2::banana:

It was an awesome trip filled with nothing but fun!! Usually we have one or two bad moments (someone gets super frustrated, a ride breaks down on us, disagreements between what to do) but we had none of that this trip. I'm hoping to start the TR today since I got all the pictures posted to photobucket yesterday. I'll give a few teaser pictures to keep you all interested :goodvibes

CIMG6012.jpg

Star Tours!!

CIMG6020.jpg

CIMG6099.jpg

That's it for now, I'll post the start of the TR this afternoon!!

Welcome back! I'm really looking forward to the trip report, I've read your last few reports!:banana:

Welcome back! I'm really looking forward to the trip report, I've read your last few reports!:banana:

Thank you!! I'm glad you enjoy reading them. I've got my first post coming up. :thumbsup2

Great teaser photos, looks like you had a great time! That Splash photo is hilarious!

More please :surfweb:

We had a wonderful time and I love that Splash picture! I think I might need to frame it, or at least put it on the fridge. :rotfl:

Yes ma'am!! First post is on the way!!

The alarm went off at the uncivil time of 3:30 am. Jason and I got up and stumbled our way to the coffee maker and coffee in hand we got dressed, loaded the car, and double checked we had everything. We left around 4:15 which was actually 15 minutes sooner then I thought! As we made our way to the freeway entrance we see signs saying that the ramp is closed…uh oh. Construction. We make our way to the next entrance. It’s close as well. WTH?! So we make our way down to the 3rd entrance which we KNOW is past the construction and finally get on the highway. Little did we know that construction would plague us the entire way down. :sad2:

We hit a few more construction spots but mom couldn’t tell you about that since she was sleeping. Around 6 or so the sun started coming up and I snapped a quick picture of Jason driving.

CIMG5908.jpg

We ate some breakfast and filled up the car at Panoche. I have to say that McDonalds actually has some good coffee! Granted, I put two creams and two sugars in it…but still. It was good for a fast food place.

Around 8:15 or so we started getting close to the grapevine. To entertain myself I took a few pictures while in the car.

CIMG5909.jpg

My “hidden Mickey’s”

CIMG5910.jpg

I’m almost done knitting my first pair of socks!

Finally we can see the pipes!

CIMG5912.jpg

CIMG5911.jpg

CIMG5915.jpg

Yay we are excited!!

We hit some traffic coming into LA (shocker I know!) and saw the sign for our exit around 10:45.

CIMG5916.jpg

CIMG5917.jpg

Our home away from home

This trip we weren’t too happy with the Camelot. All of the hotels down there are now charging $9 a day for parking. However, their “day” starts at 4pm so we had to pay an additional $4.50 for the afternoon we arrived. I know it doesn’t seem like much but it’s irritating. Considering the other issues we had with the Camelot this trip I don’t think we’ll be staying there again. I’ll get into the other problems later. For now, let’s stick with the exciting upcoming event, Jason and I getting season passes!!! :cool1:

We parked the car, changed our clothes, and headed over to get our tickets. My mom was not convinced at this point that she wanted to get a pass so it was just Jason and I headed to the ticket windows. About 15 minutes later we were officially season passholders again!!! Needless to say we were (and are) super excited about it!! :cheer2:

My mom took our picture by the Disneyland sign they have in the esplanade. You can kind of see that we are holding our passes up. It's very neat because now your season pass is also your photopass so it's all together and you can keep the same number for multiple trips. It's part of Disney's effort to "go green" apparently. I think it's super convenient.

CIMG5919.jpg

Then we headed into the park for the first time in a year!!! What would we do and see first? You’ll have to wait until my next post to find out.

First time in a year and now with APs sure to be back more than once every other year. :yay:

This is great! Can't wait for more!
Gotta love the drive down I-5 oh the sight's!!:lmao:

Wow, you're an amazing knitter!

Also, you've inspired me to wear some sundresses on our trip.

Too bad your hotel wasn't as good as it has been in the past... oh well, try something new NEXT time, yay!

First time in a year and now with APs sure to be back more than once every other year. :yay:

Thank goodness for that!! We are already thinking about a trip in October to celebrate our anniversary :lmao:

This is great! Can't wait for more!
Gotta love the drive down I-5 oh the sight's!!:lmao:

Yes, such a variety of sights down the 5, vineyards, crops, more crops, some aqueducts, more crops...:rotfl:

Wow, you're an amazing knitter!

Thank you! I started knitting 3-4 years ago and just worked up the courage to try socks. It was actually easier then I thought. Just follow the instructions and Youtube anything you don't know how to do! haha

Also, you've inspired me to wear some sundresses on our trip.

Too bad your hotel wasn't as good as it has been in the past... oh well, try something new NEXT time, yay!

I love wearing sundresses in Dland! Well, I love wearing them in general, I think they are more flattering then shorts on me. The only drawback is that you can't really wear tennis shoes so I wore my Rainbow flip flops which doesn't provide as much support. Oh, the things we do to look good!

I agree on trying a new place next time. We are thinking about the Best Western (I believe it's the Park Place one) that is just two doors down. It's $99 a night which is $20 cheaper then the Camelot and has great reviews. And it's that much closer to the entrance!

Just found your TR! Can't wait to read more!!

Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I'm hoping to have another post up this afternoon. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter