• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Year Without Disney is Officially Over!! Now a TR

cinderella-princess

Disney Bride
Hi All!! It’s been a LONG time since I’ve been here and I’m glad to finally be back. :goodvibes DH and I are pretty obsessed with Disneyland but have been unable to go since last August due to the economy. He lost his job which meant no Disneyland. :sad: But, thankfully he just found a great job which will end our lack of Disney streak!!!! YAY!!!!

The dates:
August 11th – 14th

The crew:

Me ::MinnieMo – I am a 26 year old teacher who fell in love with Disneyland when my DH (then my DBF) took me WAY back when I was 19. We got engaged there and honeymooned there. I am currently looking for a full time teaching position and DH and I are trying to start a family. :goodvibes

CIMG4558.jpg

DH ::MickeyMo – He is a 28 year old sales rep who loves skiing and Disney. He is so excited to be back to working full time and being able to afford to do some fun things again. He grew up going to Disneyland once a year and got me addicted too when we started dating.

CIMG4462.jpg

DM :mickeybar – My mom is coming with us on this trip! She has been a recent addition to our trips and I’m so glad that we’ve got her loving the land too!! She’s not as into Disney as the rest of us but she has a great time with everyone when she goes (and lord knows she needs some fun in her life). She is a nurse manager and works WAY too much so I’m glad she has such a great time with us in DL.

CIMG4534.jpg

My mom with DH

DMIL :tinker: – My DMIL is the original Disney nut and is the one that started taking my DH and DSIL once a year when they were kids. She has the best time there and loves it when we can all join and take a trip together. She bought a premium pass when she and DSIL where in DL earlier this month.

CIMG4468.jpg

DMIL with DH waiting to get on her favorite ride!

DSIL :tink: – DSIL recently got a new job and may or may not be able to join us. She went earlier this month with her mom right before she started the new job so she could at least go once this summer. I’m hoping she can at least come down for Friday and Saturday but who knows. She is a lot of fun in DL!!

CIMG4531.jpg

DSIL is the one on the left holding little Widdle (she named the Ewok :p)

The Whole Gang
CIMG4530.jpg

Hotel –

We are staying at our favorite hotel, the Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites!! I love this hotel. It’s pretty well priced ($121/night) clean, quiet and everyone is always friendly. Plus it’s about a block away from the entrance on S Harbor Blvd. There is also a McDonald’s next door which has come in handy for quick breakfasts or late night snacks (can anyone say French fries and milkshakes at midnight?!)

CIMG4397.jpg

The room

CIMG4398.jpg

The view from the room (you can see the McDonald's!!)

The Drive –

We LOVE to drive down to Disneyland! I know it sounds crazy, but for us it’s part of the fun and tradition. DH usually drives most of the way while the rest of us doze on and off. We leave super early; around 4:00 AM. That way we get to the hotel around 10 and can be in the park on a ride by 11. We get almost a full day in Disneyland leaving so early.

CIMG4351.jpg

CIMG4356.jpg

The pipes are always one of DH favorite landmarks; they mean we are getting close!

That’s it for now, I’ll probably post more details in a few days!!

PS - it looks like facebook no longer allows you to pull the image link so I'll be uploading photos to photo bucket and then to this post. Hopefully I can do that today!

Hi, good to see you back. We'll be there two weeks after you! Sounds like you have a fun group going, glad Jason got a new job and you guys can make it this year. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Sounds like a fun trip coming up!!! We went end of July into the first week of August & we had a blast! All the entertainment & rides were running, the So Cal AP's were blocked, the weather was warm but not too hot & the crowds were very manageable.

Your hubby must be a special guy to go with all the ladies.....I love it.....he must walk thru the park with a big smile to have all those pretty girls by his side!!

I agree, there is something special about road trips to Disneyland. We live up in Oregon & last summer took 10 of us from Salem & drove down. A bit tight in the van with all of us & our stuff, but so much fun to spend quality time with the family. You recognize landmarks & know exactly where you are & how far you are from DL!

Look forward to reading more as you get closer.

Great first post love! I can't wait to finally be back in d-land it has been too long. I can't wait to have annual passes again too. I'd like to mention that the only way we can get them is by using the monthly payment plan. I think its a great idea to let nor-cal residents use this option as well and Disney should be commended for this decision. And its smart too, because now Disney will make more money off of us because you know we'll make at least two more trips this year because of the pass!

How did I miss this the other day?! Welcome back :hug: I'm sorry to hear about what kept you away from Disneyland for so long but yay for his new job! And yay for having dates for another trip. I'll have to drop back later to post a bit more, I'm short on time at the moment but wanted to say hi!

When I was young and lived north of LA the aquaduct was a sign for me too on where the family car was going!

Looking forward to more posts on your visit!

I'm in! Looking forward to reading more.

I was considering staying at the Fairfield Marriott which is located right next to your hotel. One of the main reasons I was considering it at the time was the McDonalds. Would have been convinent and cheap when the kiddos needed a snack. Also would be nice to walk on over when I had a craving for a strawberry sundae. :lovestruc The close walk to Disney and the Mimis cafe on the other side of the hotel would have big pluses as well. :rolleyes:

Hi, good to see you back. We'll be there two weeks after you! Sounds like you have a fun group going, glad Jason got a new job and you guys can make it this year. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Thanks, it's good to be back!! I have some more updates coming up. :)

Sounds like a fun trip coming up!!! We went end of July into the first week of August & we had a blast! All the entertainment & rides were running, the So Cal AP's were blocked, the weather was warm but not too hot & the crowds were very manageable.

Your hubby must be a special guy to go with all the ladies.....I love it.....he must walk thru the park with a big smile to have all those pretty girls by his side!!

I agree, there is something special about road trips to Disneyland. We live up in Oregon & last summer took 10 of us from Salem & drove down. A bit tight in the van with all of us & our stuff, but so much fun to spend quality time with the family. You recognize landmarks & know exactly where you are & how far you are from DL!

Look forward to reading more as you get closer.

I'm so looking foward to the Southern Cali passes being blocked while we are there! It will make it that much less crowded (although I'm sure it will still be pretty crowded).

DH is pretty special to put up with all of us ladies. I guess I'll have to keep him. :thumbsup2

We LOVE the drive down, it is so special and adds more anticipation about the vacation. I couldn't imagine putting 10 people in a car though! You must have a small bus or something! haha :lmao:

How did I miss this the other day?! Welcome back :hug: I'm sorry to hear about what kept you away from Disneyland for so long but yay for his new job! And yay for having dates for another trip. I'll have to drop back later to post a bit more, I'm short on time at the moment but wanted to say hi!

Thanks Belle Ella!!! We are so excited to be going back and to be back on the boards! I couldn't handle reading about other people's trips when I knew there was no way we could afford to go anytime soon...but now we can so here we are!

I'm in! Looking forward to reading more.

I was considering staying at the Fairfield Marriott which is located right next to your hotel. One of the main reasons I was considering it at the time was the McDonalds. Would have been convinent and cheap when the kiddos needed a snack. Also would be nice to walk on over when I had a craving for a strawberry sundae. :lovestruc The close walk to Disney and the Mimis cafe on the other side of the hotel would have big pluses as well. :rolleyes:

My parents have stayed there before and they really liked it. We hit up the McDonalds all the time and I think it's just as easy to get to from the Fairfield. We've gone to Mimi's just to get muffins to go before...delicious!

Glad to see you end your Disney "dry spell"! Great start!

Thanks! :goodvibes

When I was young and lived north of LA the aquaduct was a sign for me too on where the family car was going!

Looking forward to more posts on your visit!

You've gotta love the pipes! We always think it'll take less time then it actually does from there though. You forget how long the grapevine is and then if you hit LA traffic...nightmare!! :scared1:

Just a couple of updates today. The first is that DSIL and possibly DMIL will not be joining us on this trip. DSIL has some sort of concert planned with her friends where they are getting a party bus for the same weekend. She was going to pay for DMIL to come so it's up in the air if she will be joining us. :sad2:

As my DH (docter419) mentioned we will be getting an Annual Pass this trip. We're up in the air about which to get (Deluxe of Premium) but are leaning toward premium. The blackout tickets have gone up to $60 so you'd really only have to go on 2 blackout dates to get to the same amount as a premium...any thoughts people? The only reason we are getting passes at all is because you can now pay them off monthly (finally!! I was tired of SoCal getting all the perks). We would really like to go again during Christmas and then again next summer (and potentially as a couples only trip for our anniversary in October). So the passes would pay for themselves, it's just deciding which to get....:confused3

That's all the updates I have for today. Here's a picture from our Yosemite trip last week!

CIMG5662.jpg
[/IMG]

Isn't it awesome that we norhter-Cali-folks get the payment plans now as well? That sealed the deal for me renewing mine and sticking with the Premium instead of downgrading to the Deluxe. Here's my take on it: If you think you're going to need even 1 blockout day, use the parking garage at all, eat a lot in the Parks and you're going to take 2 trips I don't see why not going for the Premium. You get free parking, currently a higher discount on food and merchandise, and you don't have to worry about the blockout prices which are now pretty crazy! I dunno, that's just my view and why I decided to go for it instead of the Deluxe.

Isn't it awesome that we norhter-Cali-folks get the payment plans now as well? That sealed the deal for me renewing mine and sticking with the Premium instead of downgrading to the Deluxe. Here's my take on it: If you think you're going to need even 1 blockout day, use the parking garage at all, eat a lot in the Parks and you're going to take 2 trips I don't see why not going for the Premium. You get free parking, currently a higher discount on food and merchandise, and you don't have to worry about the blockout prices which are now pretty crazy! I dunno, that's just my view and why I decided to go for it instead of the Deluxe.

Those are good enough reasons for me! Haha

Hello! I will follow along!

I follow Belle Ella's reasoning for Premium vs. Deluxe. I went with the Deluxe but I knew I wouldn't be driving much and my first 2 trips were strict on the budget so not much food and souvenirs... I could have used the Premium more my last trip but still didn't spend enough to justify the difference so stayed with my Deluxe. However if any blackout dates were a must for me to go then Premium is definitely the way to go since those Blockout day prices are so much!!

^ Makes total sense Paula. Under those circumstances I probably would ahve gone with the Deluxe back then. I think now that they offer the monthly payment option though, it gives a little more leway - in my mind at least. Hence why I'm sticking with the Premium.

I'm an enabler though - so it's safe to say what my recommendation is!

Thank you for your opinions everyone, I think getting the premium is the way to go myself. And BE you are a good enabler though :) After looking at it again we do plan to go on blackout dates in august and my 2 family members got premiums as well so you know we'll probably head back at least once this year if not more. And when they want to go back for Christmas we'll need the premiums for the blackout dates then too. And looking at the finances of it its only around 70 bucks a month for the 2 of us and that is not very much at all! We don't go out to dinners very much and we'd rather spend the money that we'd spend on that on these anyway. Its much more special, plus its so cool just to say that your a premium pass holder. Its kinda like being in a special club or something... haha :lmao:

So Is this going to be a Tag-Team TR?!? Will you both be posting updates or will one of you be the main author with the other just adding small contributions?

PAP sounds like a great idea, when trips are in summer and during the winter holidays.

So Is this going to be a Tag-Team TR?!? Will you both be posting updates or will one of you be the main author with the other just adding small contributions?

We always do tag team trip report. It's so much fun! It's nice to get both perspectives :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter