• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Year of Disney Trips: ***Update!!!! 8/20/08****

Ahhh! What happens?? You too have decided to adopt the use of cliffhangers for your report:sad2:

Oh well, I do it too so I better get used to it!:lmao:

That seemed like a good time to use a cliffhanger. :laughing:
Update coming up very soon.

ok what happened next?????.......:hyper:

Coming up soon!

Noooo!!! That was a good one. Although I'm a little mad at you now... :snooty:
Let me guess- you get lost? Or did that stop after the April trip? :rolleyes: Can't wait for more!!!! popcorn::

Me lost? What ever gave you that idea?! :upsidedow
Don't be mad, update coming up :angel:

Ok so nice update but, whoever started these cliffhangers should be banished from the Disboards.

Looking forward to more.
:thumbsup2

LOL I agree!! But if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em. ;)

I am so jealous that you can hop in a car and be there in 3.5 hours (or less, if you go faster;) :car: )

So you don't get lost (again)... do you?

Can't wait to read the next installment.popcorn::

Honestly I don't know where you all are getting this lost idea. :upsidedow

I won't believe it when what happens? C'mon now you can't just leave me hanging like that! popcorn::

Sorry for leavin' you hanging so long, update coming up.

Can't believe you forgot the insurance :eek: and ahhhhh what happens next? :hyper:

I know it was a total waste of time :sad2:

Subbing. Lurrved the first one. :thumbsup2

:welcome: Glad you came over!!

So we turn onto the road that leads to SSR and OKW resorts and as we start driving down the road it starts to HAIL! :eek:

That's right, not rain. Golf ball sized Hail! In all my years of living in Florida I have never seen it hail here (I've seen hail, just never in Florida). At first we thought little tree branches were hitting the car and then my mom says "It's hailing!" Everyone immediately got excited; I on the other hand couldn't see a thing because there was so much hail and rain. :scared:

We continue down the endless road to SSR and the hail lets up, but it's raining still. Luckily Mom is helping me as co-pilot and we're reading the signs and then I spot the beautiful SSR sign and turn in. :cool1:
CIMG1711.jpg

We tell the gate attendant we're checking in and he says, "Welcome Home." Awwwww! :cloud9: How lovely that sounds. I really wish I did live there.

I follow the signs to the Carriage House to check in.
CIMG1688.jpg

As we pull up we see a line of cars and it's still pouring outside. I pull the car over to the nearest curb and tell Mom I'm gonna go and check us in and everyone can just wait for me in the car. I run through the rain and into the Check-In lobby.

Cue angels:angel: singing!! Ahhhhh!!!

Oh it's so nice! So much different than the ASMu check-in I'll tell you whut.

I'm not in a value anymore Toto.:goodvibes

Unfortunately there's a pretty big line and I go and take my place in it. I kinda feel outta place now though:blush: because all these blonde adults and kids around me are dressed very country club-y -- Polo shirts with sweaters over the shoulders, khaki pants/shorts, loafers-- and here's the black haired girl (or as DLMama says, the Brown person) in shorts, t-shirts and sandals crashing their environment. I really felt like people were staring at me, so I surreptitiously patted down my frizzy hair and made sure I looked somewhat presentable and like I belonged.:snooty:

There was a CM trying to hurry things along and passing out the Welcome packets. She asked me if I was a DVC member and I didn't know what to say because I was renting a DVC, but I'm not the actual member. So I retardedly try to explain this to her not knowing if I'm supposed to or not and if this is even legal and will the DVC member get in trouble?:scared: OMG did I just mess up and they'll throw me out now?:scared: She didn't quite understand me the first time, but then got it and handed me a Welcome packet. I noticed mine was different than the majority of the people in line because theirs was a different color than mine (because they were DVC members) and I felt outcasted and now these people will really know I didn't belong. :blush:

Oh well.

My turn comes up and I have my lovely confirmation letter all ready and when I approach my check-in CM he says, "Welcome Home."

Awwwwww!!:cloud9:

I thank him and tell him I'm here to check-in and hand over the confirmation letter. He pulls up the ressie and there's no information……:scared1:

Next Installment: Click Here

Excuse Me!! :eek: Whaddya mean there's no info? :confused: I have a confirmation letter with my name and all the details.

I have a little panic attack and give a hysterical giggle and ask the CM how that's possible. He says he doesn't know, but says that's not a problem. He asks me for my ID and name, and then he asks who so and so is (the DVC owner that I've rented from). So I explain to him about the ressie and he gets it (thank goodness) and asks me to wait a moment and he goes off into a back room.

Meanwhile I'm panicking:scared: and praying:angel: that everything's ok with the ressie and how everyone in line must be hating me for being a problematic check-in person.:headache: The CM comes back and apologizes for the wait and proceeds to check me in and asks me info for the rest of my party and I have no problem adding Minion #1.

While he's checking me in the lights keep flickering on and off and all the CMs and I keep looking up and giving silent prayers that the power doesn't go out.

We have a little conversation about the weather and hoped that the power wouldn't go out. He sees I'm from Florida and we small talk about where we're from because he's from Florida too.

Check-in is completed with no more problems and he hands me my car parking thingy and a paper to sign and I notice my name's spelled wrong and I let him know. So he goes back and corrects it and goes and gets our KTTW cards and guess what! My name's still spelled wrong. :headache: I tell him and ask him if it'll be a problem if it's spelled wrong. He says no and I say ok, just leave it, I don't want to cause more problems KWIM.

I tell him we're doing the dining plan and if I could pay for that here or if I had to go to concierge. He tells me I have to request DDP prior to check-in. I look confused:confused: and say, I did. It wasn't requested on the ressie he tells me. :eek: I look at the lovely confirmation letter in front of me and it says DDP requested on it so I point it out to him and he reads it and asks to hold on. Off he goes again to the back room. :headache:

Oh Lord, here we go again. As I'm waiting Minion #2 (Ivan) pops up next to me. I ask him what he's doing here and he says he got bored in the car and asked what was taking so long. I tell him and he's like whatever, it was kinda foreign to him and he wanders a bit and grabs some park brochures to look through.

The CM comes back and he does his thing on the computer and "everything should be fine now." :::crossing fingers:::

He reprints the KTTW cards and whaddya know! My name's right:cool1: , uh but what's wrong with Daniel's? His card has this where his name should be: &#^#&%%!*

I show him the card and the poor CM has to go back into the ressie and fix it and reprints his card that's fine now. Whew!

I pay for the DDP and he asks me if I want the KTTW cards to have charging privileges and I say NOOOOOO:sad2: . (Remember this; it'll pay a role later).:teacher:

I give Ivan his KTTW card and he asks me what it is and he's happy they got his name spelled right (His name is actually Ivaniel). The CM finishes charging me for the DDP and gives me my map and explains how to get to our room.

Woohoo!! :yay: I'm finally done with the longest check in in SSR history! He apologizes for all the problems and I apologize back and thank him and he wishes me a Magical Trip! :wizard:

Awwwwwww!!!:cloud9:

Back to the car and to find the room!

Continued next post……

Thank goodness everything seems to have worked out! I would have probably been beyond irritated by the end of that check-in process. Hopefully he got your dining credits all set up correctly as he seems to have been having some difficulties that day.

Continued from previous post...

In the car I give everyone their KTTW cards and explain what they're for. The kids got a kick out of having their own cards, but this will turn out to be a mistake that I'll learn too late. :guilty: But that comes later in the trip…..

It's still drizzling outside and I follow the signs to find our room. SSR is sooooo pretty, and as we drove I kept trying to admire all the scenery. After almost getting lost we finally made it to The Paddock area
CIMG1687.jpg
where our room is. :yay:

We grabbed a few things and all piled out of the car and to the elevators to our room (I love the elevators at SSR by the way). We were on the 3rd floor and we followed the signs to the room and we were all in awww of the beauty of SSR.:love: We got to our loverly door with the "Welcome Home" doormat. AWWWWWW!:cloud9:

Minion #3 had the honors of opening the door. Here's our home for the next 5days:

Here's what you see as you walk through the door
CIMG1642.jpg

Dining Table in Living Room
CIMG1643.jpg

half of living room w/ TV
CIMG1653.jpg

end table and lamp in living room
CIMG1657.jpg

kitchen
CIMG1652.jpg

washer and dryer (came in very handy)
CIMG1649.jpg

Master Bedroom bed (King size babeee)
CIMG1647.jpg

TV and chair in Master bedroom
CIMG1648.jpg

closet in master bedroom
CIMG1646.jpg

master bedroom bathroom vanity/sink
CIMG1644.jpg

master bedroom bathroom shower and another vanity/sink
CIMG1650.jpg

master bedroom bathroom toilet area
CIMG1651.jpg

and the piece de resistance--master bedroom jacuzzi tub :cloud9:
CIMG1645.jpg

For some reason I didn't get pics of the other bedroom (my cousin did, but she hasn't sent me her pics yet).

Continued next post...

Why am I suddenly speaking French? :confused3

Anyhoo this was a 2BR at SSR and as mentioned above I didn't get pics of the second bedroom. If my cousin ever sends the pics to me I'll post them. The other bedroom also had a bathroom/shower and 2 full sized beds.

There was also a foldout couch in the living room, which for some reason I didn't get a pic of. You can kinda see it in the background of this pic:
CIMG1658.jpg

There was also a loverly balcony with a very pretty view:
CIMG1654.jpg

looking straight ahead
CIMG1656.jpg

looking to the left
CIMG1655.jpg

After we oooed and ahhhhed at the room(s), the boys and I went back to the car and started unloading all our crap. Luckily it had stopped raining, but the humidity killed my hair.

We settled into our new "home" and I told everyone we had a dinner reservation at 8:30pm and needed to be out of the room no later than 8pm. It was about 5:30ish when we had gotten to the room so we had a good time to finish settling in and get ready.

Or did we? :rolleyes1

Oh and I had made a last minute change to our dining this evening after reading a DISers (V's) TR.

Urgh, you are killing me!

Patience grasshopper. :)

Thank goodness everything seems to have worked out! I would have probably been beyond irritated by the end of that check-in process. Hopefully he got your dining credits all set up correctly as he seems to have been having some difficulties that day.

I never felt so stressed before! The poor CM seemed to be sweating too :lmao: . I felt so bad, but that was a situation that was sort of out of my hands because I didn't have anything to do with the ressie other than paying for the DVC points. :confused3

I'm wondering if DVC members have these types of mix-ups / problems.

If you thought this one was bad, just wait 'til you hear about what happened in August. :headache:

Wow so many updates, we were caught in a major hail storm when I was about 15 traveling from Orlando to Clearwater, the hailstones were enormous :eek:

Glad you finally got booked in and all the cards were finally right, SSR looks beautiful, Ellie just said can we stay there one day :rotfl:

Oh thank God you got your room. I rented points from someone and I feel pretty good about it, but there is this little guy on my shoulders going "yah right! You will go to check in and they will tell you they have nothing for you"!
I am so glad it worked out for you!

so excited that your writting another TR! I have lots of questions about renting a DVC I will have to PM you at some point if your open to answering my questions. ;)

Yeah! An update! I thought the first section was all you posted at first and I was back to not speaking to you. :snooty: But then I saw the next page and I was much happier. :hug: Although I feel very tense now after reading all that! :scared:
Have a great day!!! :goodvibes

Great update. The rooms there look really nice. i want to buy DVC but i am holding out for the rumored Contemporary units.

Great update.

:thumbsup2

Glad you finally got booked in and all the cards were finally right, SSR looks beautiful, Ellie just said can we stay there one day :rotfl:

SSR is so beautiful and peaceful. I understand why people would choose it as their home resort for DVC. I'm sure the girls would enjoy it Jo, plus your DH because the golf course is very close to it. You could always rent points for next time. ;)

Oh thank God you got your room. I rented points from someone and I feel pretty good about it, but there is this little guy on my shoulders going "yah right! You will go to check in and they will tell you they have nothing for you"!
I am so glad it worked out for you!

Thankfully I had the original confirmation letter from the DVC owner that I rented points from. I really don't understand how the DVC owners set up the ressies, but you shouldn't have a problem with them having your room as long as you have the confirmation number. I see you're staying at Boardwalk Villas, hope you enjoy it! :goodvibes

so excited that your writting another TR! I have lots of questions about renting a DVC I will have to PM you at some point if your open to answering my questions. ;)

Welcome!! Sure, I'll help you as best I can with any questions you have and hopefully it will go smoothly for you.

Yeah! An update! I thought the first section was all you posted at first and I was back to not speaking to you. :snooty: But then I saw the next page and I was much happier. :hug: Although I feel very tense now after reading all that! :scared: Have a great day!!! :goodvibes

:laughing: Nah, I was actually going to update it earlier than that, but my computer decided to malfunction and it took me 4 hours to get it back up and running.

Great update. The rooms there look really nice. i want to buy DVC but i am holding out for the rumored Contemporary units.

I loved the room! After that trip I think I started to get resort snobby :snooty: :rotfl2: . I don't know how I'll go back to anything else.

You could literally live in there, it was better than some apartments I've seen. If I could just transport the layout to an apartment I'd be more than happy to pay ridiculous Miami apartment prices for that kind of apartment.

I am at work and am breaking the rules...so I can't stay but I want to subscribe so I can find your Trippie when I get back on the computer most likely tomorrow. I am meeting with the wedding coordinator tonight to go over the food for the wedding and the ceremony. I will be back soon!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter