The Year Is 1979 - Who Remembers This Song?

grinningghost

<font color=green>Has a thing for the Swiss Family
"Shake It" by Ian Matthews

Shake it baby
Shake it all you can tonight
Go on and break 'em baby
Break 'em all you can tonight
Cause it won't last forever
But do it for worse or for better
And give the boy somethin' to dream on later...

It doesn't sound familiar to me at all and 1979 was the year I graduated from High School.
Is it a rock n roll song?

Doesnt sound familiar to me either. I was a freshman in '79. Now Shake It Up by the Cars is the only thing that sounds familiar to me--but that would have been a few years later.

If you've ever seen "Little Darlings" with Kristy McNichol (who I wished I was) and Tatum O'Neal, this song is in that movie.

A pop/top 40 type song. Very catchy song. :sunny:

I don't remember it. Sounds like a song they should've had on the Boogey Nights soundtrack though.;)

grinningghost said:
If you've ever seen "Little Darlings" with Kristy McNichol (who I wished I was) and Tatum O'Neal, this song is in that movie.

A pop/top 40 type song. Very catchy song. :sunny:

I did see that and I still dont remember it, lol. I think i was to busy looking at Armand Assante (wasnt he the guy Tatum was after??) Oh my he was pretty hot back then.

Oh... top 40? No wonder, I was into Rock N Roll and didn't listen to top 40 :teeth: I do now sometimes though

I think if you download this song, you might remember it. It got ALOT of air time on the radio even if it was a one-hit wonder. :)

I don't remember it. It sounds like it was a disco song. I liked rock instead.
I used to wear a "Disco Sucks" button on my pocketbook in high school and it drove my mother nuts. She thought itwas vulgar.

I searched Amazon - they don't have it. Anybody know where I can go to actually hear this song...don't remember the words at all.

BriarfoxinWA said:
I searched Amazon - they don't have it. Anybody know where I can go to actually hear this song...don't remember the words at all.

Amazon.com does have "Little Darlings" the movie on VHS. This song is played in the beginning of the movie - I can specifically remember it being played while Kristy McNichol (Angel in the movie) is getting ready to go to camp. She was the "tough girl" in the movie - whose love interest was a young Matt Dillon.

MUFFYCAT said:
I don't remember it. It sounds like it was a disco song. I liked rock instead.
I used to wear a "Disco Sucks" button on my pocketbook in high school and it drove my mother nuts. She thought itwas vulgar.

No, it wasn't disco. It was more mainstream pop. Something that could be played on any top 40 station at the time. But definitely not disco. ;)

The name Ian Matthews sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm drawing a blank :confused3

Yup, I remember it too. Both from the radio and the movie. Got a lot of airplay on the Boston stations. And by the way, I graduated from high school in 1979 also! :cheer2:

I've been trying to bring this tune up on WIN MX, but so far, no luck. It's been running super slow lately. I need to find another music sharing site. Kazaa infected my computer with all kinds of nasty viruses, so that's definitely out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter