• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The "Yeah, I'm famous, I'm on Youtube!" report-Opinions needed 2/22

***Spoiler Alert**​
By Tuesday, my feet were hurting a little, but I could cope. Then they started to itch. “Oh,” I say, “Must be Epcot rash.” A row of bumpy things confirmed my diagnosis. I slathered on a combo of calamine lotion and bendryl cream and was good. I made it through my tour on Wednesday morning. Wednesday afternoon, my arch was itching. Kept on happening (I apologize to those who I probably squicked out in line itching my feet on my shoes). Saturday I put my Callies on. I notice my left foot is bigger than my right. “Oh well,” I say, “probably just heat.” Later the week, after I got home I couldn’t get my boot off. As of New Year’s Eve, my foot was still large, so I went to the doctor. Apparently it’s an allergic reaction to something-md did not know what (I hope not WDW ;) ). She said my body seemed to be taking care of it, but put me on prednisone. I now have an almost normal-sized foot, but spent the past week in a Prednisone induced haze. Additionally, our cable modem died on Saturday, further delaying this update. So I apologize for the lack of updates.

Spoiler over

So as we left our heroine, I believe I was heading towards Morrocco, right? I decided to have lunch at the Tangerine Café. I had the vegetarian platter: couscous, lentil salad, hummous, and Olive salad. And a roll.
wdwdec07139.jpg
The couscous was good, both fresh and flavorful. The lentil salad was a bust. It was lentils plus mayonnaise. Bleh. Not good or gud. The tabboleh was fresh, though, the hummus was also good. The hummus was heavier on the chickpea flavor, as opposed to the garlic at Tusker House. Both were good though. The olive salad was also good, the roll was kind of a non-sequitor but was eatable. It was ok with this meal, I feel like there are other CS’ in Epcot that would be better (or one could just snack around the world). The restroom in Morrocco have flush handles, rather than being automatic-I feel like I hear enough stories of wee ones too scared to wee in the automatic ones that that info ought to be useful to someone.

I walked around WS some more, which is always fun. I headed towards Future World, where I passed Innoventions and decided to pop in. I stopped by the fire display, and saw people trying out a Segway and the robot exhibit. I got in line for the free Visa picture. I waited. And waited. The woman in front of me turned to double-check that this was the Disney Visa line. We moved a little. The woman in front of me got into her double stroller (her kids were off with an older sibling). We waited some more. The woman behind me verified this was the Disney Visa line. Yepp. I told her it was the longest line I’d waited in all week. She laughed in a “that’s funny because it’s true” kind of way. I decided to cut my losses and skip my free photo this trip. :sad:

real SSE spoiler​
I headed down more of Future World and was heading out the gates when I saw…was it? Yes, it was! SSE was open! W00t! I excitedly clammered on. M had said she was under-whelmed, as was the whole Internet, but hey, there are people out there that liked 20K leagues under the Sea, so I wanted to see it. The opening seemed the same as ever. The scenes seemed slightly upgraded-like they were crisper and hipper. Rome burned the same as ever. We got to the Steve Jobs scene, and then the stink began. Judi Dench lectured about the promise of the future, and we were directed to our touch screens. We were asked a series of questions about our lifestyles, and then we saw our future on the screen. It was very cheesy, and felt dated already-kind of like the end of the Carousel of Progress. Very cheesy, back to the Future. I was not a fan. Michelle pointed out that it was akin to Horizons, which I guess it was. I just felt pretty disgusted with it, and unimpressed. I saw some Imagineers at the exit, but they didn’t stop me. Also, I know I’m a germaphobe, but the whole touch screen screams “Yay, lets share diseases!” to me. Not something I’d want to see at the end of the day. In short, I deeply hope they take the disgust the Internet is hitting them with and fix it-or at least make it stink less.
spoiler over​
My Yuletide Fantasy tour was scheduled to leave from Guest Relations at Epcot the next morning, and I was a wee bit confused-there’s a guest relations window outside of the park, and one inside the park. As I am somewhat fastidious, I wanted to determine which Guest Relations window I was to be at the next morning. This was apparently a difficult question. Finally, a CM told me that it was the one outside the park. As I was heading to my bus, I yawned. A CM saw me and said “When you’re yawning, it’s time to go home.” LOL.

I rode the bus back to POFQ. I went back to my room, and changed into my Cinderella’s Castle t-shirt and stuck my Minnie Santa Hat in my bag, and headed off to the MK. I also had a message remining me of my tour the next morning. I had switched my backpack back to my LL Bean Bag. When I got to the bus stop, there was a large family (a Grand Gathering, perhaps?) all in matching red t-shirts and khaki bottoms. They looked very cute. There was also a family with two tweenage girls, one in a Tink Santa hat, one in a princess hat. They must have been to WDW in a previous year, as the tiara on the girl’s princess hat was of a higher quality than the tiaras on the 07 princess Santa hat. We waited for the bus. And waited. It was around four-ish then, so I don’t know if they were trying to reduce people-traffic to the MK in anticipation of MVMCP (to avoid people getting there and being kicked out if they weren’t going to the party) or what, but it was a long wait. Finally, a bus came up. I boarded, and exchanged pro-Red Sox pleasantries with the driver. We boarded the bus, and arrived at the MK. As expected, I was able to enter with just my MVMCP ticket, and I received a wristband.
wdwdec07141.jpg
Now, all through today I had been having the best death day I’d had-it wasn’t the lousy day at work I had in 06, nor heading home for the day that had occur in 05, but I started passing the flag retreat and whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa came the tears.

I headed to Pecos Bill to grab dinner. With MVMCP, the number of CS options you have is reduced, owing to the cookie and cocoa stations. I had therefore chosen Pecos Bill’s for this meal. I had really liked their Chicken salad without the Chicken last trip-it was a garden salad with jicama and cheese. I ordered it at their touch screen stands, and found it to be renamed the “Vegetarian salad.” Good enough, if less comic-sounding. I got my salad and sat down.
wdwdec07144.jpg
Ugh. It was an el cheapo garden salad with some cheese. First dining disappointment of the trip. It tasted like those old McDonald’s salads. I choked some down, then decided I had eaten enough healthy stuff today that I could just eat junk all evening. I headed to Mickey’s Toontown fair. I rode Goofy’s Barnstormer-it was cute, but I see no reason to do it again. I headed into meet the main mouse himself. Now, most character lines others don’t really seem to care I’m an adult alone-maybe I’m sufficiently polite, or behaved, or something.
wdwdec07145.jpg
wdwdec07146.jpg
However, both this trip and my last trip, I got odd glances in Toontown. I waited patiently. There was a father holding a toddler behind me. Wishes started. The father asked “What was the noise?” I couldn’t tell if he was asking or if he was try to distract his daughter, so I said “Fireworks,” but not too loudly. They met Mickey. I met Mickey. As always, the Toontown Mickey was very good. As I was leaving Mickey’s house, the father looked up and went “Oh, fireworks”. LOL.

I exited Toontown and headed to Tomorrowland. On my way, I was stopped by a family with two older sisters (12 and 15ish) and a brother maybe 5. The mother was wondering about whether the rides were doing MVMCP, as I was telling her they were, the younger sister pointed to my lanyard. “Ooh, James, look! She has a Cars pin!” “You don’t even know if she trades!” Chided the older one. “It’s ok.” I smiled. “James, would you like to trade for my Luigi pin?” James shook his head. They bounded off.

I headed onto Space Mountain. I rode it. I love SM something fiece, but have to admit DLR’s all in the dark version is a little more fun. I then headed over to the noodle station and got my free cocoa and cookies. I wasn’t wowed by the cocoa, but I loved the cookie. And I loved how the napkin said MVMCP.
wdwdec07151.jpg
I crossed Main St. to use the restroom near Casey’s. As I was headed over, a CM checked my wristband. After doing my thing, I got in line for popcorn, figuring I’d get a bucket and eat it while waiting for the Celebrate the Season stage show and the parade. I got in line. And waited. And waited. There were enough CM’s (at least as many CM’s as it appears to fit) and the popcorn was flowing. However, I was behind a father, grandfather and teenager. All were somewhat complainey, but not too annoying. Then the grandfather and teenager started rough housing. Wow, that’s a really smart thing to do when you’re in a crowded line. I found a spot along the fence near the entrance to Fantasyland. I figured I was better off with an obstructed view of both that to try to fight for a good view-I got better things to do in WDW than just sit on my bottom, you know?
wdwdec07149.jpg
The show was excellent. Like Mickey’s Twas the Night, it reminded me of the Radio City Spectacular. I was very impressed. There was also a big costumed Raggedy Ann, Mom’s favorite doll.

After the show, people started shifting to parade spots. I stayed put (and scratched my feet). A member of the family next to me was outraged that someone had a good spot then got shoved out the way. We waited for the parade. I called Mom to tell her she missed a really big Raggedy Ann. Guy complained again. We waited. Parade starts. I start geeking out and being happy (I know that float from tv! And there’s Belle!) I loved the parade! Then…the guy who was complaining about people getting in his family’s way….got in my way. Yes, seriously. I was far too tempted to take a picture of his back to shame him all over the interwebs, but I did not. :snooty: The parade ended, and I was tired enough of the finding a place drama that I headed over to Fantasyland for the fireworks. I stopped at Pinnochio’s Village Haus, politely informed the CM I didn’t mind obstructed view fireworks, and put my gorilla pod to use. I commandeered a second chair, popped the Gorillapod on it, and set it up to take pictures. Worth its size in gold, my wee Gorilla pod was. I loved the fireworks.
wdwdec07164.jpg

As I headed out of Fantasyland, I saw the dance party in Ariel’s grotto was starting, and would be featuring the Ladies Tremaine. The Disunplugged had mentioned these were good, so I stopped to watch it. The DJ was talking with the little kids. He starting playing. You have not seen adorable until you have seen a bunch of princess, BBB-ed up little girls rocking out to Hannah Montana. The ladies Tremaine arrived and were fabulous. I was cracking up the whole time. There was this too cool tweenage brother videotaping his little sister. Anastasia came up and started dancing with him-it was hysterical.

I headed on through Fantasyland, had a churro (I was underwhelmed by it) and headed through to Tomorrowland. I passed Santa Goofy’s party, but didn’t go in. I wanted to get a Photopass picture with the Castle, but I saw no Photopass photographers. I also wanted a balloon with snowflakes, but I also did not see a balloon vendor. I headed home to POFQ, as I had a tour bright and early the next morning.

All in all, I loved MVMCP, it was completely worth the ticket price. I really hope there’s a PPP when I’m in WDW in August.

Chapter 9 this way!

Yeah...update:woohoo: :woohoo:

I enjoy Tangierine Cafe. It's a nice alternative to burgers and fries

I am not a fan of Pecos Bill's.

I agree w/ you about Space Mtn., although there is the intrigue of whether or not you'll actually survive SM at the MK......

Yeah...update:woohoo: :woohoo:

I enjoy Tangierine Cafe. It's a nice alternative to burgers and fries

I am not a fan of Pecos Bill's.

I agree w/ you about Space Mtn., although there is the intrigue of whether or not you'll actually survive SM at the MK......
True, true.

I'm glad you were able to have such a good time on such a historically difficult day for you. :hug: And you make solo tripping seem like so much fun! Except...lentils and mayonnaise? :scared:

I'm back, I'm caught up, I want to go to MVMCP!!!

Glad to here that your gorillapod came in handy - I just got one for Christmas :)

sorry to hear about Epcot rash ... it doesn't sound too fun. But I'm glad you're having such a good time. It seems really fun to do a solo trip.

Ahhh, how I envy you! I want to do that Yuletide Fantasy Tour in the worst way! And the Castle must have been gorgeous, all dripping in icicle lights! :cloud9:

I definitely want to do the P&P Party if they have it in April; the MVMCP was so much fun! And imagine...a free Disney souvenir!! (Napkin) ;)

Post lots 'o pics of the tour, okay? Thanks!

Kathy

Warning: These upcoming posts contain spoilers for the Yuletide Fantasy Tour. Don’t say you weren’t warned.

(Sidenote: I’m e-mailing this section to YoungestBrother and DisneyMSF, so narrative may seem a little choppy. Or less self-deprecating and sober).

I dressed myself in my “A Very Merry Unbirthday to Me” t-shirt. I got it through Vista Print and got the design from the DISign boards. I thought I was pretty clever, myself. I had decided to take a cab to Epcot, lest I be late. It cost less than $10. I went through security, which seemed stricter than usual-maybe the pistol packing grandma effected it? I found the tour sign, and made small talk with the people near me-there was a nice older couple who was up from Vero Beach, where they work at the DVC resort. We met our tour guides, who were from the Disney Institute (or at least wearing their shirts). Our guides were Alicia, who had been working at the UN, came down to WDW for a two week vacation and wound up staying, and Kris, who came down to Orlando for mediation training, went to casting for a part-time job so she could go to the parks free while doing the course, and stayed. Alicia and Kris handed out our headsets, which I thought was a good idea, and very Disney (rather than the hollering that’s occurred on non-Disney tours I’ve been on.) Our first stop was at the restrooms, another very Disney touch. ;) While we were standing around waiting, a woman came up to me, noticed my LGMH’s and said “You must be form the DISboards.” I smiled and told her that I was, I asked her her name, she said she’s ScrapperDW, but she mainly lurks. She was also going to Thursday’s Podcast meet, which I was missing.

We headed backstage, where we were reminded, yet again, not to take pictures backstage. We boarded a massive yellow Mears bus with a “Yuletide” card in the window. As we drove past the backside of The Seas with Nemo and Friends and The Land, Alicia told us of the myth surrounding Mistletoe. The Norse sun god, Baldar, dreamed he was going to die. He told his mother, Freyja, of this dream. Freyja begged the elements not to kill Baldar, but didn’t ask mistletoe not to kill him. Loki shot Baldar with a mistletoe arrow and he died. His death brought on winter, and Freyja’s tears turned into white berries. She deemed that all who walked below mistletoe would have a kiss, so mistletoe would be paired with love rather than death. Alicia then held the mistletoe over the head of a married couple and they kissed.

We pulled into a backstage area. There was a trailer (for CM’s, I presume), the Illuminations globe, and the double decker bus from the old Characters on Holiday attraction. I was kind of surprised to see the bus, given the Youtube video of the wand remnants. We crossed into World Showcase, and were admonished not to take pictures as WS wasn’t open for the day, and ergo was considered backstage. The walkway was still wet from power-washing. We were near Germany, and we were split up into two groups-I was with Kris’ group. Kris told us how the decorations were red and green because those are the colors used in Germany. Kris also explained how the US tradition of ornaments started in Germany-the German glass blowers made ornaments to decorate the traditional Christmas tree. The owner of Woolworth’s liked them, so he bought them and sent them to the US. We also learned about the tradition of the pickle. It’s a blown glass pickle that you hide on your tree. The first child to find the pickle gets an extra gift. We then moved onto the train in Germany. Kris pointed out that the train even has holiday decorations. She then told us the tradition of Christmas Carols started in Germany: there was a flood and the church flooded. The floods subsided, but there was a mouse in the organ. The cantor wanted a song for Christmas Eve Mass, so he commissioned something which could be sung with a guitar-the result was “Silent Night.” Kris commented that they at Disney like that story because…it all started with a mouse.

We then headed onto Italy. Kris explained that the colors of the Christmas Decorations in Italy are softer colors to reflect the fact that in Italy Christmas is more of a religious event. Kris also mentioned that the holiday storyteller in Italy is the Old Befana, and told us her story. The befana had the three wise men come to her door. They spent the night, and invited her to go see Jesus. She declined, and then felt badly about it, so she sweeps the floor and brings Italian candy on the Epiphany.

Our next stop was the American Adventure. We were supposed to go into the rotunda, but there was a meeting of Disney’s new program where wounded soldiers will be working at Disney to gain a civilian experience on their resume. I’m surprised I haven’t heard more about this program-it sounds pretty impressive. Kris pointed out all the poinsettias near the tree. She explained that poinsettias, called Cuitlaxochitl in the language of the Aztecs. They were introduced to the US by the ambassador to Mexico, Joel Roberts Pointsett, whom they were named after. We also stopped by the Kwanzaa storytelling station, and Alicia told us a bit about Kwanzaa and the Kinara (that’s the traditional candle display).

We then headed onto to Japan-there was a CM painting one of those bird house type things, which reminded me we were backstage and also struck me as being one of those Disney touches. Kris began to tell us about the history of the Daruma doll. These dolls were originally sold by Mitsukoshi. At the start of the new year, you make a wish while coloring in one pupil of your doll. When the wish comes true, you color in the other eye. If it doesn’t, you throw it out and try again next year. Kris commented that this was especially popular with Mitsukoshi. Kris also pointed out some straw ropes (shimekazari) that are placed over doorways for good luck. Kris told us about how last year she wished on her Daruma that she would be sent overseas on work for Disney. Lo and behold, she did a training in South Africa-she she said she was getting another Daruma this year. :
Onto part II

Ahhh, how I envy you! I want to do that Yuletide Fantasy Tour in the worst way! And the Castle must have been gorgeous, all dripping in icicle lights! :cloud9:

I definitely want to do the P&P Party if they have it in April; the MVMCP was so much fun! And imagine...a free Disney souvenir!! (Napkin) ;)

Post lots 'o pics of the tour, okay? Thanks!

Kathy

I'll post pics when I could take them...I meant to back and get more WS pictures, but that didn't happen. Hang on, and I'll tell you how the get the MVMCP "$40 sugar cookie" for free-ish.

I'm back, I'm caught up, I want to go to MVMCP!!!

Glad to here that your gorillapod came in handy - I just got one for Christmas :)

sorry to hear about Epcot rash ... it doesn't sound too fun. But I'm glad you're having such a good time. It seems really fun to do a solo trip.

Ooh, did you get the blue one?

IMGP2477.jpg

I had the "meat" combo. :thumbsup2

IMGP2478.jpg

Here's the menu.

Great Pictures! I love the night shots.

Thanks!
I'm glad you were able to have such a good time on such a historically difficult day for you. :hug: And you make solo tripping seem like so much fun! Except...lentils and mayonnaise? :scared:

Yeah, I highly recommend solo trips.

We then headed onto Italy. Kris explained that the colors of the Christmas Decorations in Italy are softer colors to reflect the fact that in Italy Christmas is more of a religious event.

Really?! I had no idea. That's a great bit of trivia. Thanks.

Kris also mentioned that the holiday storyteller in Italy is the Old Befana, and told us her story. The befana had the three wise men come to her door. They spent the night, and invited her to go see Jesus. She declined, and then felt badly about it, so she sweeps the floor and brings Italian candy on the Epiphany.

More good info. This Kris is invited to join the Man-Clan whenever she wants to. Does she drink to much whiskey? If so, I'm already in love! ;)

Yes, after reading about it, I am definitely taking this tour if I possibly can!
Hakuna Matata about the WS pics, just post whatcha did get!!

Kathy

On the bus to MGM, Kris and Alicia discussed how the 1930’s and 1940’s were the heydays of Christmas movies. They then discussed things such as how the loss of copyright of It’s a Wonderful Life led to it becoming a tradition. We disembarked near the LMA stadium and talked about the lights. Alicia talked about how Jennings Osborne had had them at his house, and how they lights had begin to measure events in the Osborne family lights: for example, after their grandmother, Ga-ga, died, a tribute to her arrived in the lights.
wdwdec07187.jpg
Alicia also noted that this year the “Breezy+her spouse” heart, as well as her spouse’s stocking, were noticeably absent. Alicia also told us about the hidden kitty, as well as numerous hidden Mickeys.
wdwdec07184.jpg
wdwdec07183.jpg
She also gave us some information about the crèche, which is very pretty.
wdwdec07188.jpg
. The tour was great, but this section was taking place in between the Cars meet and the Power Ranger meet-can you say loud?

As we waited backstage for the coach, I noticed that there was a great angle of the Earful tower. I took out my camera, and Alicia yelled “No!” :blush: I wasn’t thinking about it being backstage. I sheepishly boarded our bus and we were off to the GF.

We saw the gingerbread house, with its gingerbread-scented smoke. Kris had talked on the bus about how the decorations at the GF are Victorian-ivory, roses, and birdcages. These themes are repeated in the tree at the GF.
wdwdec07189.jpg
wdwdec07191.jpg

We hopped back on the bus, and were off to the piece to resistance-the backstage area where they hold the Christmas decorations. Christmas is the only holiday where the entire Resort is decorated. Let me tell you, just getting to see this area was amazing. In the 1980’s, it’s where they made the fast food they shipped out to the parks. We walked in, and, as the guy next to me said “It’s Home Depot.” Really that’s what it felt like-huge scaffolding holding boxes and boxes of decorations. Every aisle was neatly put together: resorts, parks, DTD. They were also labeled in each section: WL5, AK3. This is where they store the trees (as all of WDW’s trees have been fake since 1996). Kris pointed out balls among the boxes and boxes of ornaments. She commented on how they had a lot of those balls with the frilly stuff on them, and recounted how many times the frilly stuff breaks off. To combat this, WDW has one CM whose job it is to hot glue every frilly thing to the ball. The ornaments are held onto the trees via floral wire. There are 25 CM’s who work at the Christmas warehouse, and the largest wreath is on the Cirque tent. They also discussed how there is a holiday convention in Atlanta every year where designers get their decoration ideas. Kris also spoke to the challenges which these CM’s face: for example, this year customs would no longer allow rice straw for the shimekazari in Japan no be imported, so they had to find a suitable substitute.

We boarded the bus for our last stop-the MK. We disembarked backstage once again, and were greeted by Christmas music. Kris said they have that to get the CM’s in the Holiday mood. We entered the MK and Kris spoke about how the tree moves from up towards the castle when they tape the Christmas parade to where it generally is on Main St. USA. Apparently there’s also a decorating contest between the shop windows on either side of Main Street-this surprised me because I always thought window dressings were decreed by the Disney powers that be. We also saw the Santa hat in the hat shop’s window, which is the biggest hat on Disney property now that the Earful tower doesn’t have one amymore.
wdwdec07194.jpg

We drove back to Epcot. On the way, Alicia discussed how Princess Victoria started the trend of having Christmas be a child-friendly holiday. They also discussed the history of Coca-Cola Holiday bottles and Santa-appartently Wal-Mart was carrying ornament-shaped bottles this year (I don’t know if they were a Wal-Mart or Southern exclusive, as I didn’t see them at any grocery stores or CVS when I got home). We also discussed family holiday traditions. One person was from Iceland, where they have 13 different santas that come to your house…and if you’re bad you get a potato. We drove back to Epcot, got our pin and were off.

The tour lasted three and a half hours, and was very good. My only suggestions would be to make it longer, as well felt kind of rushed at points, but I get its only a seasonal tour. Also, I thought it was poor timing that we were looking at the lights while a Power Rangers meet and greet was going on. Also, the tour started before 9 and ended at 12:30. I had a 2 pm ADR at Planet Hollywood, but if you didn’t, your eating options were kind of limited-you’d either need to use your park pass to go into Epcot, or drive or take Disney transport somewhere else for food. Whereas if they’d let us off at the MK, you have five resorts right there people could grab food at, and drivers could take Disney transport back to the Epcot parking lot. I signed up to be e-mailed an evaluation form, but I think my Spam filter ate it.

Up next: Planet Hollywood, DTD, PI, and..another tour, maybe?

Onwards and upwards

The tour does sound fun - it would be great to see the storage/backstage areas.

And yes, my little Gorillapod IS blue!! ;)

I had toyed with the idea of taking the bus from Epcot to another resort, as I saw the Port Orleans bus driving away just as I got in line. I decided to stay, though, as I figured having both the boat and bus to DTD would balance out the potential wait. There was a couple that had taken the tour with me, and we chatted while waiting. The bus pulled up, and the couple got one (the wife was in an ECV, so it took a bit). Another woman showed up and the bus driver remarked “Thank her [in the ecv], otherwise we’d be gone.” Ever notice how DISers whine about how long tying chairs up take, and supposed ECV abuse, but never say “Dude, because there was an ECV on the bus, I made a bus?”

We got to POFQ. I had debated stopping back at my room, but when I was walking to my building (it was right next to the dock) the boat was there. We boated down to DTD. The pilot spoke about how due to the combination of the ADA and wetlife conservation, the treehouse villas are now International program housing. He said something along the lines of “Since college students aren’t disabled,” which struck me as being a pretty messed up thing to say. He also pointed out how the leaves color the water and the birds who were waiting for lunch. We arrived at the dock near Rainforest Café and disembarked. I admired the decorations (and laughed at the kids avoiding Stitch’s spit), and then walked over to Planet Hollywood. On the way, I passed the Dinosaur restaurant-I thought it was opening Summer 08, so I was kind of bummed that it said Fall 08. ; ( Then again, the fact that I’m 23 and think that it sounds like fun and says something about me. I glanced quickly in Cooke’s of Dublin and then headed onto Planet Hollywood.

Now, this may be the most controversial statement I’ve made on the Internet in some time, but I love Planet Hollywood. There-I said it. I’ve been to the ones in San Francisco (start of the obsession back in 98), Las Vegas (x3, and I’m planning to stay there when I go this year), Baltimore (just stopped in, didn’t eat, too busy), Montreal, Toronto, New York (both locations old x1, new x3), and Orlando. I even got the parents to bring me back a PH Paris shirt when they went there for their 25th anniversary. It’s the restaurant I eat at solo most frequently (both in Orlando, and at the one in NYC), and the waitperson consistently rocks at service. However, I’d heard that once you tell them you have the $15 package coupon, your service goes down. My waiter asked if I had any coupons or discounts, and I said I had the $15 coupon. I wanted to look at the menu. I knew I was ordering the Pasta Pomodoro, but it was $14.95, but as my coupon was for $15, I decided to order a drink to bump it up. I’d been able to get a booze drink with my Entertainment Book coupon in NYC in September, but as that’s technically not supposed to happen, I ordered a smoothie. I wandered the restaurant while waiting for my food. My meal was fabulous as always.
wdwdec07195.jpg
I opted out of dessert, as I wanted to try Ghiradeli for dessert (however, I did then remember that I forgot to print my $1 off coupon before I left home). All in all, the food and service at Planet Hollywood was excellent, although, as I joked on the phone with Mom later, there may be a sign in all Planet Hollywoods saying “This woman will order pasta pomodoro and wander the restaurant, treat her well and she tips well.”

I walked over towards West Side. I’d been toying with the concept of going to Disney Quest, especially as word on the street is that its days are number. However, as it had occurred to me that I wasn’t using a park pass today, I decided to add no expiration, and I decided I’d rather save it for a future trip. I headed towards the Virgin Megastars, and the Candy Cauldron, when I saw a DVC kiosk.

Now, I’d been eyeing the DVC kiosks all trip. I’d been considering doing it out of sheerest curiosity, and when WDW Poly Princess reported that she got a $100 gift card for being “referred,” I figured it was worth a shot. Then YoungestBrother and DisneyMSF did the tour (after they bought at AKV) in October, and reported they had gotten Instant Fastpasses. On the way home from seeing them, Mom commented that “I don’t have time to do it, but you do, since you’ll be there for a long time.” Now, there are those of you out there who have mothers or are mothers. You know what it mean when a aren’t says that. So, I figured if the opportunity stuck, I’d do the tour. So I stopped and talked with the guy.

“Yeah I’d be interested.”
“If you do it, we’ll give you an instant fastpass.”
“Ok…” I hoped he’d up the ante.
“And free ice-cream if you’re good.” I gave him YoungestBrother’s name, and their guide was in. The guy who golf-carted me over there and I chatted about my t-shirt. They let me into the member area. I loved the Disney Mt. Rushmore. I received a “Heather” nametag and they let me among the free food. Tragically, I did not bring any ziplock baggies, nor did I feel comfortable taking pictures. However, I saw that in addition to coffee, water and lemonade, they had the very same red and green sprinkled sugar cookies that are served at MVMCP. A guide came for another family, and the kids were offered the option of the kids room, but elected to stay with their parents. What the chew toy is wrong with kids today? Hmm…fun vs boring timeshare presentation. I met with Humberto, who was YoungestBrother and DisneyMSF’s guide. He asked where I was interested in buying. “Boardwalk.”
“Boardwalk? You’re paying more for less years.”
“It’s where I want to stay.”
“All right, I’ll see what I have available.” We toured the rooms. I was impressed with the size of the studio, and the one/two bedroom, but gosh, the grand villa is amazing. I saw both the AKV and SSR versions. He then left me to explore the pool area (beautiful) and food court area of SSR. We met, he gave me the book, the Fastpasses, and the payment sheet (less than a car payment la la la). I got my ice cream, and headed back to DTD. If you’re considering DVC, or just curious, I highly recommend the tour.

Having had ice cream, I decided to skip Ghiradeli. I headed on into WoD. I wanted antenna toppers, a license plate frame, something for my mom’s friend’s grandbaby-to-be, and possibly a t-shirt. I had $50 in Disney Dollars as an early birthday present from MiddleBrother, DSIL, Elder and YoungerNephews. I was under strict orders from DSIL to spend it on myself…not on the boys. My response to her was vague enough. I would spend it on me, I just wouldn’t not buy the boys anything. I found the selection of antenna toppers paltry, but at least they were 30% off. I was disappointed in the license plate holder-it was plastic, and I don’t fancy its chances in the New England snow. I got the baby-to-be a plush Tigger that rattles. This was my first trip to WoD since it was redone-I liked the princess room and the pirate room. I thought the BBB looked cute-I really don’t get the people who think it’s creepy. I do, however wish I had a little girl I could take there-maybe a great-niece someday? Outside of WoD, they were making a sand picture in celebration of National Treasure II.
wdwdec07199.jpg

I then headed onto the Once Upon a Toy Store. I didn’t see anything too interesting. I liked their tree.
wdwdec07202.jpg
I stopped in the 10 and under store-nothing in the 4 for $10 jumped at me, though I did explain to a lady how it worked. I got a photo album for $5.99, I was kind of bummed I didn’t see another 2 for $10 thing I liked. Oh well. I am kind of disappointed that Disney Tails appears to be disappointing, although they still have the front Display up. It was getting late, so I headed over to Earl of Sandwich. I had my Caprese with my Earl lemonade, which was very good.
wdwdec07203.jpg
I headed onto Goofy’s candy kitchen, where I got a Vanilla fudge cookie dipped in milk chocolate, with Reese’s Pieces and M&M’s. Mmm. I loved it. I ate about half of it, and saved the rest.
wdwdec07204.jpg

I browsed in Arribas brothers-I was hoping for an “adult” Disney necklace, but didn’t see any. I likd the Mickey tiara, though. I stopped in Basin and didn’t see anything. After a quick call to Mom to try to finalize plans for tomorrow, I headed onto PI. The Adventuer’s Club was supposed to open at 7. I waited on the bench. 7 came. According to Pleasure Island radio, it was family night at the Adventurer’s Club and it had started. It opened around 7:15. I grabbed a Kungaloosh (which was quite good), and waited for the show to start. There was a guy who spent the entire time until the show started whining to his girlfriend about how much cooler Jekyll and Hyde in NYC is. There was a family with a baby, and a girl who looked about 13, but there were a couple of other young kids there. Then the show started, and it was hysterical. However, through out the night, the cast was saying things that made me wonder if they are on board with family night. Anyway, there was this one woman who kept on kind of “over pushing” the cast, then when Hataway Brown came out there was joking about it being his baby. Then we got the whole story-it’s loud lady’s grandkid, her 17 year old daughter’s kid (I thought she was 13, she looked it)! Dude, by the end of the night we knew her whole story. I don’t like to judge, but if an entire room of strangers knows your whole story (she’s a CM, her DD lives in a different state, she’s only 40, blah blah blah) after 1 hour, family therapy might be a better choice than Pleasure Island. However, the show was fabulous. I took the bus back to POFQ, and cleaned off the trip organizer, I mean what would be Mom’s bed.

Up next….Mom arrives Passporter saves the day, and….a meeting with the Dream Team, perhaps?

The tour does sound fun - it would be great to see the storage/backstage areas.

And yes, my little Gorillapod IS blue!! ;)

I;m jealous-I bought mine (and my SIL's) before they were available in color.

Yes, after reading about it, I am definitely taking this tour if I possibly can!
Hakuna Matata about the WS pics, just post whatcha did get!!

Kathy
Done!
Really?! I had no idea. That's a great bit of trivia. Thanks.

More good info. This Kris is invited to join the Man-Clan whenever she wants to. Does she drink to much whiskey? If so, I'm already in love! ;)
She was a really cool tour guide-she's ex-Navy, so she told some anecdotes about when she lived in Japan.

Thanks for the Tour tips. My sister and I talked about going on this when we there in December but time was too short.

I love Planet Hollywood also!! :banana:

I'm not ashamed!! :blush:

Earl of Sandwich gets my nod as best sandwhich in WDW. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear your report on Tusker House to see if it meshed with ours!
I always like to check to see if we are either super positive or negative compared to others. You know , to keep our opinions in check!

Okay, still catching up.......
Yes we agree about Tusker House, good but too expensive for lunch.

Now a question..
Your picture of the Contemporary reminded me to ask. What is being built beside the Contemporary? I have asked a couple of people and they had not a clue. How can something be being built at DW and noone know what it is?:confused3

Off to read more....
Lynn

Okay, still catching up.......
Yes we agree about Tusker House, good but too expensive for lunch.

Now a question..
Your picture of the Contemporary reminded me to ask. What is being built beside the Contemporary? I have asked a couple of people and they had not a clue. How can something be being built at DW and noone know what it is?:confused3

Off to read more....
Lynn

I'm glad you asked, Lynn. I asked my DVC guide that on my tour, He told me...it is going to be a Super-Walmart. You heard it here first. ::yes::

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Word on the DIS is that it's either DVC or family suites.

Attention those of you who listed to the DIS unplugged:
An e-mail from me will be read on next week's e-mail show.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter