The WPASADI Penultimate Challenge Annoucement

It doesn't look like either of them are on line though. Oh well - tomorrow's another day.

No problem. Things have gotten really busy for me, so I don't mind a little bit of a delay. *hugs*

Just got back on after several hours of work stuff I had to get through.

I DO have the reviews, but thanks to a lot of real life problems, our judging pool shrank to four this week.

I have heard that Phil is going to try to post his review this evening, but without being able to get in to see if it's done, I guess I will defer to Kayla, and let her post what we've got, whether 4 or 5 reviews, in the morning.

Tomorrow evening look for the Final Challenge Thread.

Ok guys
i will be posting the results here in a few

I just heard from Phil and he is typing up his reviews now
and when Demonllama posted that we only had 4 judges this week I recived and PM from none other than Buzz lightyear asking if he could come to our Rescue so he is our Guest Judge this week

as soon as Phil is done I will move the reviews here

AND THE RESULTS ARE IN ..........

Moving on to Challenge MSLEFEVER are Rajah and CookieGVB

all three of you did a GREAT JOB and here are the judges reviews...

Judge Julia Roberts
Julia%20Roberts%20180x180.jpg

Well, everyone, you all did a great job capturing your decades, and met the requirements of telling us about the relationships. You also used your six images to give us an idea of how your princess. You should all be proud of all your hard work getting this far!

Sleeping Beauty- I had a heart sweater like that in the 80’s too! Everything was rad then as well! I liked your images, very creative! This is all about the details, and it seemed like yours was lacking in 80’s details. My score 3.5

Snow White- I liked your 60’s look, story and details. The lingo sounded good, late 60’s right? I liked your images the best. Looks like you lived it or did your homework. My score 5.0

Cinderella- Cool Disco Queen story, good job creating an interesting twist on a tried and true story. I was not very impressed with your images though. My score 4.5

Judge Gordon Ramsey
050105_Gordon-Ramsay2.jpg

Sleeping Beauty-you made some interesting choices there, like using half your images to show up what they looked like before. I'm sorry, I just feel like your heart wasn't in this for some reason. There really were some interesting things in the 80's, believe it or not.

Snow White- or should I call you "Snow Bird"? Very well done. You did indeed remake her in that decade. You followed directions to the letter and gave us finely tuned details. Spot on.

Cinderella- I liked what you did with the images, but I didn't particularly care for the retelling of the fairy tale. Still, you used plenty of those pesky details I keep going on about and nothing in the instructions said you couldn't use or remake her story. You didn't quite win me over, but there's not much I can fault you for.

Judge Rupert
rupert-boneham.jpg

First of CONGRATULATIONS to all three of you for making it this far You all have real talent
now to see who will face MSLEFEVER next week....

Sleeping beauty ......
I think you gave it a good try but why use images to show what we already knew??
I think you could have made better use of them.
Also the 80"s was really a fun decade I was hoping for more
your score 3.5

Snow white......
WOW you really hit this one on Target
Great job You really brought her to the 60's

I say 4.5

and Cinderella.........
I think you did a great job but it was redo the princess not the whole story....
overall though you brought the 70's to cinderella so
i say 4

Judge Minnie Mouse
minnie7.bmp

60's Snow White
This entry is Minnie Mouses favorite! The details bring back the feel of the decade. I like the way Snow White talks 60's like! I bet she would have had a great time in Disneyland during the 60's!
This entry scored a 5.

Cinderella of the 70's,
I liked the details of this story, but it almost seemed too to focused on the storyline and left off more of the info of the decade. The pictures were nice. I can't see this Cinderella hanging out at WDW when it opened in this decade. She gets points for looking out for her friends, that's a nice attribute!
This entry gets 4 points.

Sleeping Beauty
This entry left a lot up to the imagination, since it lacked detail! I did take into account that this would be the hardest decade, but nothing except the list of songs tells me that this was the 80's. I know what she and the prince looked like, but would have liked more details.

This entry score is 3.

Judge Phil Keoghan
9202.jpg

1960s Snow White -- Love the details, love the commentary by Snow White about the 60s. The only thing that would have been better is to see the Dwarves with an update. Score -- 4.75

1970s Cinderella -- OMG a Pacer?!?!? I don't know if I should add or subtract points for that! :p :teeth: Great choice of car for the decade. Great images, very good story, but for some reason the inclusion of the orphanage doesn't say "1970s" to me. I don't know why, and for some reason I keep thinking something better could have been included, but I can't think of what exactly. Score -- 4.5

1980s Sleeping Beauty -- I was a teenager in the 1980s so I was interested to see this one. I hate to say it, but this one was disappoiting. You did great with the style update, but a few things could have been better. We didn't get the details and the updated story here that we got in the others. The Prince's beard should look more like Don Johnson's "Miami Vice" stubble. Or even, dress the Prince up like PRINCE. You could have sacrificed the before images and shown us Flora, Fauna, and Meriweather done up as the Golden Girls or Maleficent done up as Alexis from "Dynasty." Good effort, but unfortunately not great. Score -- 3

AND our GUEST JUDGE THIS WEEK

BUZZ LIGHTYEAR
mk_buz.jpg

Greetings everyone
Star command has given me the go ahead to participate in your judging this week and I am honored that your Host allowed it

Here is how I see it...

after looking back over the past weeks I see why you have made it this far

now Cinderella
Have you ever heard of OVERKILL??
If you were asked to rewrite the fairytale you would have won hands down a great bit of talent you have
however following directions on a mission is the most important thing and here i think you missed
so i will say you earned a 3

Sleepying Beauty
You did follow the directions which earned you a little more
but you barely did anything beyond the photo. and while I agree that the 80's sleeping beauty is easy on the eyes
i was left wanting more in the way of details
so i have to say you get a 3.5

Now Snow White
You should rule Star command
you follow directions well
you are not afraid to go with an idea
and you are majorly talented is all I can say
no one is perfect so I didn't want to give out a 5 I am sure somewhere something could have been improved but i don't know where so 4.5 is my grade

Great job and to infintiy and beyond ( or the next challenge against Mslefever)

thanks for the oppourtunity to help
maybe i can be a part of season 3

OKAY so here is how the Math adds up

1960s Snow White ----- 28.75
1970s Cinderella -------- 24.75
1980s Sleeping Beauty -- 19.5

I will post the actual entries in a few minutes

COngratulations again
and watch tonight for the FINAL CHALLENGE

Keeping this bumped - do we get to see the entries?

Can't wait to hear what is next - congrats to the folks joining me in the FINALS!!! (can you believe that our first challenge was that 4th of July party???)

Congrats Cookie, Rajah, and Mrs. Lefever!!!

Spacemountain, Great work, you should be proud!

On to the finals!

Here are the ENTRIES.......................

60's snow white
CookieGVB's
My name is Snow White, but my friends call me Snow Bird these days. Hey, like check out these crazy new threads I’m wearin’. This is the 60’s, man, and I needed to change my look a little. I’m really stoked about the change, ‘cause when you’re tryin’ to peel out when that witch is after you, wearing a dress can be a real drag, dig? My hair is much longer, and since I love flowers so much, I figured I’d keep them on my rags. I’m not much into the makeup thing these days. I’m more a natural girl at heart.
c93781cd.jpg

Here’s my old man., You probably know him as Prince Charming. We call him PC. We’ve been doing the happily ever after thing ever since he laid that kiss on me. Isn’t he cool? I dig his shades, and he plays a mean tambourine.

a3c329da.jpg

PC and I love to mellow out and watch Batman on the tube. That Julie Newmar is one groovy chick! I wish I could pull off that choice Catwoman catsuit thing, but I think PC would like, go ape and be all jealous. Total bummer. He can be such a drag sometimes.
10d535ca7c4e364bb543590f3182c2f1.jpg

PC really digs that new show about space, Star Trek. He thinks Mr. Spock is one bad cat. I groove on Captain Kirk, but I don’t let PC know. Some things are best left a secret, so everything stays copasetic.

trek1.jpg

PC and I went to see Rosemary’s Baby the other day in the movies. Man, was that a freaky gig! Scared me so bad, I don’t even want to THINK about being PG anytime in the near future. Sorry, PC, but we’re not going all the way now. And I hate what that Mia Farrow chick did to her hair.
http://www.affichescinema.com/insc_r/rosemary_baby.jpg

That Vietnam War is a total drag. If we didn’t have our music and each other, we’d be totally bummed out all the time.

We totally groove the Beatles, the Who, & the Stones. The Mamas and the Papas are so cool. Jefferson Airplane has that far out song White Rabbit. Of course it’s about my good friend Alice, who got to cruise through Wonderland. What else did you think they were singing about?

Of course PC and I hung out at Woodstock. Who didn’t? All I can remember is the rain, the mud, a lot of groovy music, and even more groovy people. Anybody who remembers much more than that, probably was home watching the news.
4131Woodstock.jpg

70's Cinderella
Rajahs

Cinderella, the story of the orphan who dreams of becoming a princess -- and her dreams come true.

But how would the story have changed if it took place in the 70's...

[insert wavering flashback screen effect here]

discodance.jpg

Orphaned at a young age, Cinderella grew up in an orphanage raised by Lady Tremaine and her two daughters Anasatsia and Drizella. She had a spirit that could never be broken, which made Lady Tremaine furious. Despite the evil orphanage owner's attempts, Cinderella's heart always turned to love and a dream that she would someday break free from Lady Tremaine's grasp and become a star. Her longtime dream was to dance and sing on American Bandstand.

At the orphanage, Cinderella was put to work watching the younger children. The children loved her, but especially her young friends Jack, Gus, Susy, and Pearl. They would try to protect her from the eyes of the tattle-tale, favored by Lady Tremaine and her daughters, and nicknamed "Lucifer".

One night, American Bandstand was going on tour and their yearly contest would be held in her town. Furthermore, the 3-time champion Disco Prince would be performing! Cinderella tried to go, but was ordered to stay behind by Lady Tremaine to watch the children. Through her tears, Cinderella watched Lady Tremaine and her daughters drive off to the contest. Close behind them came a blue VW Microbus with "Age of Aquarius" blaring in the speakers.

A door painted with bright swirling colors, abstract flowers, and smilie faces opened, and an old lady jumped out in a whirl of her hippie fabric, long white hair, and whisps of incense. The throwback to the previous era of the 60's identified herself as Cinderella's Fairy Godmother who assured Cinderella that she could still get to the contest, all was not lost. And with a wave of her wand and a whiff of some incense, suddenly Cinderella was all decked out in a prime Disco outfit and her hair in an ideal Farrah Fawcett 'do.

A pumpkin from the orphanage vegetable garden suddenly became a sporty blue AMC Pacer, and her dog Bruno became the driver who was able to get Cinderella to the party in time for the Disco Prince's performance.

pacer.jpg

Cinderella quickly became the belle of the ball, and got her shot in the spotlight. She even won a dance with the Disco Prince, his last dance of the evening. She and the Disco Prince hit it off quite well and stepped outside for a breath of fresh air and a drink after their last dance. But as they were talking, Cinderella saw Lady Tremaine approaching, and the Lady did not look happy.

With a hurried goodbye, Cinderella rushed away from the Disco Prince, leaving him holding her glass and looking after her in wonder. She ran off so fast that she didn't even notice that she'd left behind her transparent platform shoes!

Cinderella made it home before Lady Tremaine could positively identify her, but she didn't dare say a word when the Disco Prince came hunting the following few days trying to find the owner of the platform shoes. The shoes, being magic, would only fit on their rightful owner.

But with a little help from the Fairy Godmother, the Disco Prince was able to find the orphanage and the children ushered Cinderella forward to reclaim her shoes and accept his proposal to tour with him. And when she expressed concern about the children who were her only friends, the Disco Prince agreed to let them tour as well as groupies.

Cinderella, the Disco Prince, the children Jack, Gus, Susy, and Pearl, and even the dog Bruno left the orphanage behind to go on a tour around the country. They didn't even look back to see the disgruntled Lady Tremaine, Drizella, or Anastasia.

[insert wavering flashback screen effect here]

Well, it could have happened that way. And of course, it wouldn't be the picturesque ideal relationship seen in the original. Cinderella and her prince would both have a bit more of an attitude. And this Cinderella has dreams of her own, buddy. Though they do include the Disco Prince, he's not the end-all and be-all of her existance. She's got places to go, things to see man! And the Disco Prince Charming isn't so charming when out on the dance floor -- he's all business. He's got a title to maintain. So watch out baby, because he's lettin' it all hang out!

CAST
Cinderella
With her long blond hair and striking blue eyes, Cinderella draws glances wherever she goes. Whether dressed in the worn-out second-hand grungy hippie clothes and too-short bell bottom jeans with her hair in a pony tail, or decked out in the top-of-the-line polyester disco dress of silvery-blue with a fully-feathered Farrah Fawcett hairdo, Cinderella is a gem of a character. A little bit of rouge, lots of mascara and eyeliner to make her doe-like eyes even cuter, and some tasteful lipstick finishs out this beauty.

cindy.jpg

cindy2.jpg

shoes.jpg

The Disco Prince (Prince Charming)
Andy Gibb meets John Travolta to create this animated cutie. He looks groovy in his white disco suit with black and gold trim, and his fluffy feathered black hair never has a strand out of place. His eyes will capture the heart and soul of any lady, but only his true love Cinderella can hold his gaze. And when matched with his dancing queen Cinderella, they make quite a pair!

prince_outfit.jpg

Lady Tremaine (evil orphanage owner / evil stepmother)
This upright woman transcends the eras. She won't let fashion rule her life. Her prematurely-grey hair is cut short and sprayed upright in a granny hairstyle that matches any of the earth-tone formals she chooses to wear.

Lady Tremain's daughters, Drizella & Anastasia
These two cookie-cutter bullies are practically twins. Only the color of their hair distinguishes one from the other. They both wear their long hair in pony-tails off the back of their scalp. They would be pretty, if it weren't for the permanent scowls on their faces. They wear the hippest trends of the moment, currently Pink Floyd t-shirts. And their use of "Like" every other word doesn't add to their illusion of intelligence.

Fairy Godmother
This groovy chick is a fall-back to the 60's. Her wild white hair flies wherever it will, and her loose and flowing hippie gown provides plenty of room for hiding magic wands and incense sticks. Her age is indeterminant, she's just "old", but she sure doesn't act it!

SONGS
"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (Remake)" by the Bee Gees
"At Seventeen" by Janis Ian
"Floating" by Moody Blues
"(ShakeShakeShake) Shake your Booty" by KC & The Sunshine Band
"Night Fever" by the Bee Gees
"Nights in White Satin" by Moody Blues while Prince and Cindy go for a walk outside the club to cool off after a dance
"When Will I See You Again" by The Three Degrees
"Baby, I Love Your Way" by Peter Frampton
Instrumental pieces by Moody Blues and Pink Floyd

And 80's Sleeping beauty Spacemountain's

You all know that Sleeping Beauty was a sweet girl who was just looking for her prince but let’s face it- her fashion sense was a little off. So, with the help of Flora, Fauna, and Meriwether, we updated Sleeping Beauty’s look. Not updated it to today- no, that wouldn’t be much fun. We decided to go a different way… think, the 80’s.

Here is the before shot of our dear Sleeping Beauty

sb.jpg

Oh, we almost forgot! What fun is making over a princess without making over her prince too? Here is Prince Phillip’s before shot

prince1.jpg

Ok, now the moment we’ve all been waiting for. The faeries whipped out their magic wands and…
faries.jpg

TADA!!

sb80.jpg

prince.jpg

We caught up with the couple 3 months later to see how they were doing. When asked how she liked her new look, Sleeping Beauty simply said “It’s like, super-rad!”

sb802.jpg

We all know Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip’s song, “Once Upon a Dream.” Well, now, since the makeovers, they have been known to listen to “Sweet Dreams” by Eurythmics instead. They both claim they are just as happy as ever, maybe even happier.

Join us next week as Belle and the Beast get made over to the 50’s!

and there you have them folks the three princesses redone

Holy cats! :eek: I'm, like so jazzed!! :teeth:

Congrats to us all and good luck on the next challenge.

Gratz Cookie!

I look forward to meeting you and Barb on the "battlefield" of the final challenge. :D

And I think it's very cool that we have one from each of the 3 different teams as our final 3.

(And to the judges -- yeah, I had a hard time letting go of the storyline for Cindy, so I just put it in anyway)

Congrats Rajah and Cookie!!

I knew I would be going this week because I just didn't have the time to put into this one like I normally would. I can't wait to see the final challenge. It's going to be really close!

spacemountain said:
Congrats Rajah and Cookie!!

I knew I would be going this week because I just didn't have the time to put into this one like I normally would. I can't wait to see the final challenge. It's going to be really close!

I knew you didn't have the heart in you this week!

I was quite disappointed in your lackluster entry...I wanted so much more, but I really do understand the whole "LIFE vs. Game" stuff....I just....respected your efforts until this last one. You deserve to be here...but what changed for you?

Gordon Ramsay said:
I knew you didn't have the heart in you this week!

I was quite disappointed in your lackluster entry...I wanted so much more, but I really do understand the whole "LIFE vs. Game" stuff....I just....respected your efforts until this last one. You deserve to be here...but what changed for you?

I was just really busy last week with work, school, etc. I wish I would've had more time to give to WPASADI but unfortunately other commitments come first. And I knew that they would cost me the challenge. But I have no regrets and I feel thankful to have been part of the game and go as far as I did. :sunny:

You did a great job, spacemountain :cool1:

You're right to have no regrets - you were terrific during this game!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter