• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The worst vmk story ever!

dancegrl1093

<font color=purple>I have been trying nonstop to w
you know how they say to never lend anyone your belongings on vmk? well, i knew too, but i guess i'm just a softy. i just can't say no! this girl asked me if she could hae my princess top, skirt, and crown. Well, of course i said NO! then she asked if she could borrow the clothes, and i felt bad for turning her down so i said ok. i gave the girl my dress and crown, and she gave me some things to keep for a while. i followed her everywhere and was ready to report her, but she did give me my dress back. i put her on my friend's list, and i let her borrow my dress a few more times, and i always got it back. One day she asked to borrow my dress, and she let me hold her tiki fountain and organ until she gave back the dress. but i had to log off vmk to go out for dinner, and she was at a party in her dress. i let her keep the dress until we could meet again. i kept sending her messages telling her that i wanted my dress back and to meet me on wednesday in a certain room, but she never came! she wasn't on my friend's list anymore (she probably deleted me) so i called the staff. they said if i couldn't solve this problem to report it on the main site. i went to report it, but they asked for the birthdate i put when i entered vmk to make sure i really had registered. here's the problem: i put in a fake birthdate so that i could keep my privacy, but i forgot what the birthdate was. now i had no dress, and no way to report the problem!

HMM...............

What color was the dress? Or would you prefer another color?

(I have pink, might trade it for a good offer)

what kind of offer would you like?
i only have
narnia (lots of it)
everst
car, space, and diver magic
i'd also give you the only costumes i have (everest, cheer, and high school musical)

There is a way to find out your birthdate that you entered.
Look in the VMK guide stickied at the top. There is a link there to help you.

This is copy/pasted directly from the vmk players guide link at the top of the main vmk board here on DIS. I am in a good mood today, so brought it here for you:

"To get the birthdays you entered on your VMK accounts:
1) Go to the following webpage -
https://secure.disney.go.com/disney...e=MyProfilePage
Disney My Profile page
2) Login using the same username and password you use to login to VMK.
3) On the left side of the page you will find a "Update Your Information" box. Click on the "Update Now" link in this box.
4) On the "Update Your Profile" page that comes up you will see the birthday you entered. It is not changable, but at least you can keep a record of it somewhere.

thanks BobRichmond for that info "

Good luck,
Disney Dreams

Omg she was trusted till you were not following her then she made the move ouch. I gave all my rare to someone but the last 2 trades in a inferno trade a CL_ was holding it (inferno) and i dc TWICE then had to eat lucky i made my dad finaly let me up to complete the trade before they left thx to my mom telling him that it would be different if i had not traded all but 1 or 2 trades of my rare and would miss inferno but trading almost all of it was very risking i was lucky on that 1 and go inferno like the CL_ promised to give

i feel lucky now though... i managed to get a new princess top, skirt, and shoes, but no one will trade me a crown!

I have to tell you that in VMK's standpoint, you technically agreed to a trade.
She gave you items and you gave her the dress. From VMK's view, you
didn't get cheated.....since you agreed to do this.

Since you know that you have the power to trade or not to trade, VMK
won't really do anything about this if you decide to let people "borrow"
stuff in the future.

This should tell you something. No matter how many someone begs you for
something. Stand firm and refuse. You won't lose any of your stuff, and
you have every right to refuse.

And if someone is pestering you and you don't want to hear them, click
the Ignore button and you won't have to see their text chat again.
(Until you or the other player leaves the same room.)

Yeah, anytime you need to change any information or passwords or you forgot it. Log into the main disney page.

thank you all so much. as it turns out, i decided not to report this problem anyway. your advice helped me realize that not much could be done. However, all your advice on how to find your birthdate wasn't wasted! thx so much everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter