• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The worst thing just happened.

Princess49

<font color=CC3333>It's a great big beautiful tomo
We just got back from our very first 3 night cruise & when we sat down to put the pictures onto our computer our memory card was corrupted. I JUST used it this morning as we debarked. I cannot stop crying I don't know what to do. We are going to call a data recovery place tomorrow- their website indicates that they can recover data from corupted memory cards& ones that show error messages. I cannot believe this. I can't even tell you how upset I am right now. My pictures are EVERYTHING to me. I love nothing more. we took well over 100 pictures. I just wanted to share with you guys-- PLEASE don't tell me any horror stories like this one- that you never got your pictures back- if ANYONE has been able to get their pictures after something like this PLEASE tell me-- I need some silver lining becuase I cant stop crying. Thanks for listening.:sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

I am not computer savvy when it comes to technical issues...but I just want to say I hope you find someone to help you!!! I'm sorry that happened to you! (((HUGS)))

Princess49,
i feel for ya. we had the same problem on our 3 day cruise but we don't try to take our best pictures with a digital camera. we have a 128 MB memory card and had 22 rolls of film on that cruise. i hope all the pictures come out.

My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry this happened. I only wish you the best of luck.

I am so sorry that you are having problems with your picture card - it makes me want to cry for you. I will share with you that I lost my entire photo collection that was saved on my computer. Over 1000 photos of the family and I cried for days. Luckily, I had backed up bits and pieces of it here and there - plus a lot had been printed so I could scan those in. I still did loose a bunch of photos and it was awful. You would think with that I would stop doing all digital. Yet, I didn't. I then had a card error like you are having. I cried again. However, this time I did find someone to recover my photos. They got all but one picture off my card. I am still doing digital photography and I feel for everyone how has problems. I am learning to back up often, not to put too many photos on one card, and realize how touchy technology is. I have a lot of faith that you will take your card to someone and they will get all of those precious photos off your card for you. Don't give up. Pictures are just so important to all of us and I hope to hear in a day or so that you have all of yours back.

Good Luck and Have Faith!
Jen

I feel sick for you. I recently lost pictures from a banquet and show my kids were in---and that was my fault. I am a big picture person and know how you must feel. I'll keep my fingers crossed they can help you.

Try a card reader independent of your camera (or PC if that is the case).

It is RARE that card can become corrupted on its own (some types of cards are more succeptible than others). If it was in the camera, the camera OS could have tweeked it.

Just try it in a different device first before sending it to a data recovery service.

I know it's to-little-too-late, but this is a good reason to always back up your data. If you don't take along a laptop with a CD burner, Shutters will burn a CD for you on-ship for a small fee.

Good luck - I really hope you get your pictures back ::yes::

Well P49 u will just have to go on another cruise to get those pictures back...
I ASSUME U HAD A GREAT TIME.....

Sending happy thoughts and pixie dust your way. I look forward to reading about you getting your pictures and wonderful they turned out. Best of luck!

Mike

Just wanted to say that I absolutely understand how devastated you are feeling! I just KNOW, though, that you will be able to get your pictures back! Let us know how everything comes out.:(

Here's the deal... corrupt memory cards in camera bite us all and it can be a recoverable condition.

Please let me know the brand, model, and type of memory card you have and do NOT use it for anything else. I'll try to help you chase down the software that *might* be able to repair it without losing your pictures.

Sam

Good luck! This just happened to me with a Sony Memory Stick. I tried everything. I put the memory stick back into the camera and took a few pictures. Luckily there was still room on the stick.

For some reason this worked. When I tried again to view the pictures, they opened. The ones I just took and the others. I backed them up quickly, then had to reformat that memory stick. It's been fine since.

Sorry about your disk problem. If you do a google search for a program called Digital Image Recovery. It's a free download and I have used it many times to recover a corrupt smart media card.
good luck

Just to let you know this happen to us after Our christmas Cruise we bought a recovery system over the internet and were able to recover all 206 pitcures. The company will even let you send them your card and they will send it back to you on a Cd for a cost. I total know how you feel because these were our Chistmas Cruise and I was the one to mess it up by trying to load it into the compute without learning how 1st. it cost us like 48.00 dollars but it was worth it. Dont use your card untill you it it recovered and know that there is a tiny little brain in it that will talk to the right program. We went to all kinds of camera stores and they all said they were lost but I knew better good luck.

Best of luck to you, I hope you are able to all your pictures back. I know how much photos mean!!! Let us know how you make out. :grouphug:

Just wanted you to know I'm sending some pixie dust your way. I'm so sorry you had to end your vacation this way! I am sure someone or something will be able to solve your problem. Please keep us posted!!

:( I know you said that it was fine in the morning. Do you think this happend when you went through the security at the airport? I am so sorry that this happend. I hope you could recover. I know that when we were on the Wounder in 2000 our vido camera taps got corrupt. We thought it was recording the sail away party. When we got home we found noting. Good Luck:wizard:

Bumping up to see if princess has an answer yet - I have been thinking of you and hoping for the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter