The worst moment at Walt Disney

How many times did you go to disney?

• 1 time, want to go again

• 2,3 or 4 times can get enough

• 5,6,7 do holidays count?

• OH, Can't count maybe 10 times, somewhere in there

• Never been but want to/going soon

Results are only viewable after voting.
In about 1994 when my son was 3 years old, My FIL, MIL, myself and son went to DW. Son was sitting on the outside seat of the tram. MIL was next to him. I was a row ahead of them.

Son was excited and wiggling around and slipped off the seat and fell to the ground. My MIL reached to catch him and fell off and busted the back of her head on the asphalt.

While it was our fault for not sitting my son to the inside, the staff were very curteous. They gave my son, who was bawling, a free Figment stuffed animal. MIL had to go in the ambulance to Hospital.

Horrible day, but Disney did pay for the Hospital and give MIL a free pass which we used a year later to return to Disney.

This did not dampen our Disney trips, we are going for the 5 time this year in June.

Jackie

At POR a snake crawled into our room and my girlfriend found it in the shower. She was not happy.

Those are terrible story's! I guess in some story's Disney kind of payed you back!? :confused: Well, I love Disney too :lovestruc You can never get to sick :sick: of Disney!

On our first visit and our honeymoon June 2000 my dh got a kidney stone on the second morning. We started at urgent care who was very kind to us. They transported us the the hospital and told us if we need a ride back to our hotel and they were open they would help us out. Once at Celebration hospital the Dr was crazy. For some reason he kept telling my husband stuff about his prostate. We finally got aggravated and told them we didn't care and would consult with his local Dr. at home. We told them we knew it was kidney stones as this was probably this 3rd. They finally gave him some pain medicine and IV fluids. Got several prescriptions and we are discharged. Couldn't get anyone to help us find a cab (no phone book around) and the one person who was trying to help us had a language barrier. Finally called Urgent Care and they were still open so they came back to get us and dropped us off right at our hotel. I can not stay enough about their hospitality. Needless to say my husband only had an ok time rest of the week. Thank goodness he had some pain medicine because he never passed his stone it was later surgically removed.

Second would be our trip September 2007 which include myself, dh, ds, mom, aunt and uncle. My aunt and uncle has no concept of time and it was just aggravating. I swear I think they thought the parks were open 24 hours a day. It never failed when we got in the car they needed something from the store. My mom, aunt, and uncle are all smokers so I told them ahead of time no smoking in the rooms. Sign said "suggest no smoking" but they at least they did smoke 95% of the time on the patio. While in the parts it seemed as if they had to smoke before and after each ride. They were extremely slow and poked around and talked before they would even move on. I am not a smoker and hate it so I have no idea what the addiction is like but I just had no care or sympathy for their nicotine craving. I never once made any ADR because I knew how they are about time conception. All in all it was a good trip and I really wouldn't take it back for anything. I am happy they got to experience Disney but the next time they are on their own. My uncle was very kind because each evening he would cook our food on the grill at the resort (Bonnet Creek). It was a lesson learned and more than likely I will never go to Disney World again with extended family. The only exception would be they would have be crazy over Disney as I am and so far no one else I personally know is that way.

We started at urgent care who was very kind to us. They transported us the the hospital and told us if we need a ride back to our hotel and they were open they would help us out...

...Finally called Urgent Care and they were still open so they came back to get us and dropped us off right at our hotel. I can not stay enough about their hospitality.

I completely agree about Urgent Care! Our first family trip was in June 2005 (& I hadn't been to the World since '91.) There had been tons of planning on my part; I knew which park to go to at which time, etc. and was ready to ROCK!

I woke up on our 2nd day at Disney to discover I needed medical care (not an EMERGENCY, but I needed antibiotics). I just sat down and cried :sad1: Here I was ruining a prime morning of fun at the parks for everyone! DS (8 at the time) and DH were so sweet and concerned. We had rented a car, but I didn't know where to go or what to do! The CM at the front desk gave me the Urgent Care # -- I called them & they picked me up within the half hour! Luckily it was pretty early in the day so my wait wasn't very long while I was there. I was seen, received my prescription and was transported back to POP by noon.

I had made DS and DH stay at POP since I knew they would have to hang out in the waiting room all morning otherwise. They had gone to the pool, relaxed in the room, and were rested and ready for fun when I returned (as long as I was up to it)! I was excited to get moving after sitting around all morning!

We ended up visiting a park in the afternoon and evening & had a splendid time! So while it wasn't a "fun" experience, Disney and Urgent Care did their best to make it less painful for me. (And after a little discussion and documentation for my insurance company, I owed nothing but my co-pay!)

Now I just have to remember to drink plenty of water so I don't have this problem again! :scared1:

:)

My bag full of toothpaste, deoderant, underwear (mine and the kids), our swimsuits, socks, tooth brushes, etc were stolen out of our car at Coronado Springs. We had to spend the first two days of our vacation rebuying everything. I know they took it thinking they'd get something of value but what I don't get is why they'd keep THAT STUFF and not throw it out or leave it somewhere to be found!? :mad:

There was the time we went to Disney & the whole week before my DH had been saying how he was having a toothache, but thought it may have been from eating too many sweets(like a sweet tooth thing). Well, our first day at Disney, my DH was absolutely in the worst pain imaginable & it was giving him a migraine to boot. So instead of Animal Kingdom all day, we ended up at a dentist after calling all around & this dentist actually took our insurance. Well, my DH ends up with a tooth pulled & some interesting medication...;) . His face was all swollen....we recooped a bit of our evening with Animal Kingdom that day. We have pics with DH & his swollen cheek.

Then there was the time we went to Epcot & my 10 yr. old daughter was pulling the stubborn spoiled act in front of everyone. As soon as we entered the park, she was saying how she didn't want to be at that 'boring' park...there was nothing to do there for her. So my DH, my daughter & I sat on a bench w/o talking for approximately 15 minutes until my daughter decided to shape up. I was just so upset & feeling like she didn't appreciate the trip. She had never been to Epcot & I explained the cool things they had there & the first thing she wanted to do was run in the jumping water thingies. So she did that & then she about froze in some of the air conditioned places we went in....but at least she was having fun & that was all I could possibly hope for. We ended up having fun, but Wow, what a way to get there. :rolleyes:

Your right why didn't they give you it back? Well, I am sure they were surprised when they opened the bag! :eek:

My worst Disney trip was my first, and it had nothing to do with anything at Disney. My parents took us in the mid-seventies to Sea World and MK. We were thrilled, but the night before our vacation, my sister and I both came down with a fever. We were sick and throwing up for much of the trip. I do have some memories of that trip, but not many.

Any trip involving the in-laws...

Amen to that!!! My in-laws are great REALLY. but they have no sense of urgency with anything and are late starters.. we like to get to the parks early before it becomes a scorcher. . They went with us last year and we stressed EVERYTIME we had arranged an ADR that they were joining us for.. made the trip a TADDDDD stressful for DW and I.

And just for the record, my DW would also agree with this and I have shown it to her and got the thumbs up.. :rotfl2:

My worst time at WDW is when im taking off on the plane going back to my hametown and relize that it might be more then a year beforw i get to go again:sad2:

We've never had a horrible time on any trip, but there have been plenty of frustrating or bad moments.

We were there 3 weeks after 9/11. The parks were quiet and eerie. Everyone looked as though they were in extreme shock. It was very strange.

We went in December ONCE. It stayed cold most of the trip and we had to leave the MK one night because we were too cold to stay and every place was out of hot chocolate!

I had a lady misunderstand my intentions in WoD once. I was behind her and the store was packed. I couldn't back up so I decided to try to go between a lady and her DD's right in front of me. I said excuse me several times, but it was so loud in there she couldn't hear me. I finally said it loud enough for her to hear and she got so ticked at me she stormed out of the store. Oh well.:confused3

Two years ago, as we were packing the van the night before leaving, DH fell off the porch and twisted his ankle terribly. We thought he'd broken it for sure and that our trip was down the tubes. Turns out he had a really bad sprain. He had it wrapped good and just took pain meds thru out the trip. We had to move a bit slower, but at least we were there and DH was ok!

The last two years, DD(almost 5) has gone into vomiting jags at the WDW restaurants. It started on our 2nd night 2 years ago at LeCellier(she said the bread smelled funny) and happened at every TS place we ate. This would mean EVERY single day! Last year, we thought we'd be ok, but we still had a couple mishaps. I have no idea why she was fine that first night at Ohana...somehow those breadsticks started a chain reaction. We haven't been back to Le Cellier since, but we love it there. We're headed back in June and I'm getting a tad bit nervous. She does have a sensitive gag reflex, but it seems to have gotten a bit better lately. I'm crossing my fingers!:)

I don't think I have been to that restaurant yet! You said it was good!? You went back in june, so It must have been good! He twisted his ankle, that's bad, you said it just made ya'll a little slower, well, I hope he is better now!

being told after the london bus and underground bombings, the british would not be so smug about terrorism and bombings anymore. this was by a disney photographer at mnsshp. we were so stunned and upset we just wanted to get away from him and salvage the rest of the night that we didn't report it.
needless to say it ruined the night.

Well I really had to think of any "bad time" I had at WDW and couldn't really think of one. There is only one experience that had nothing to do with Disney, just be mebeing careless. I carry a backpack in the parks and I hold everyone's tickets. We were entering MK at night to get a good spot to see Spectromagic. I gave everyone their cards, we swiped them, I took them back and we found a good spot to watch Spectro. Then as I was putting the tickets/cards back into the little slot in my backpack, I realized my license and credit card were missing.:scared: I realized they must've slipped out when I was getting our tickets. So we all ran back to the main gate (even though I told DH & kids to wait on Main St.:confused3 . And while I was heading back, I was already thinking "I'll have to call the bank as soon as we get back to the room--what am I going to do without my license what if I can't get on the plane??" Anyway, I was trying to remember which gate we came through. They all look the same at night and when you're in a hurry! Fortunately, the first gate I went to--that CM had my license and credit card. So back we went onto Main St. and needless to say missed some of Spectro and had an awful view for the rest of it. Oh well, if that's the worse that can happen...

At CBR I saw a pelican swallow a baby duck! :scared1: I almost freaked :sick:

PS: I did not answer the poll because there wasn't enough answers ..... mine is 50+ :woohoo: and I get to go 4 times this year! :thumbsup2 (no I don't live in Florida and never have)

This story is from a couple years back. On the morning we were to check out of our room, we go up around 5:00am to get a head start on the drive home. Everyone was done in the shower, every bag was packed, and we were just finishing breakfast. My sister rolls out of bed and says "I don't feel good." Then she full on sprints for the bathroom and starts throwing up. We were out of days on our passes and couldn't justify spending $50 on a one day ticket and not be able to all go so we were stuck at the hotel. Luckily it had an arcade so that entertained us for about an hour. It was during the winter so it was too cold for swimming. It was the only time I didn't want to be in Disney. I felt like I was trapped in the hotel room!

(1) The first time I went down with my husband (and a bunch of my family), we seemed to be poor service magnets. We had horrible service at every restaurant we ate at for the first half of our trip. I was upset at Disney, because it wasn't characteristic of them, and embarrassed because I had really built up the service aspect to DH.

(2) The very last time we ate at Alfredo's (a different trip) in September '06, we had a miserable waiter. We were on the Dining Plan, and he all but ignored us. He didn't refill our water, he took our (alcoholic) drink glasses away before they were empty, our portion sizes were pitiful, he didn't bring our kids' desserts until we asked, he gave us attitude throughout, and then he had the NERVE to throw a visible snit over his tip on the drink portion. Mind you, the gratuity on our meal was INCLUDED. We never ate there again, which is a shame because we had wonderful experiences there before that.

(3) My parents went down with my cousin and her young DD. OKW assigned them to a handicapped-accessible villa. There was NOTHING in that villa that my cousin's DD couldn't reach -- nowhere to store medicines, lotions, makeup, etc., and she could reach the stovetop. And they had nowhere else to move them to for the first day. It was very stressful for them and inconvenient to have to move.

(4) The last (and only recent) two times my Dh has gone to WDW, he has returned home with a raging case of Pink Eye. That starts on the plane. The first of those two times, he also had some sort of illness. We had scheduled a late flight, so we checked out and planned to spend the day at DTD before catching ME, and he was SO miserable. And we had nowhere to just sit except the lobby of the resort. Poor guy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter