• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The World in 2013, not 2014, but back in 2015!

Hi

I've enjoyed reading this thread and I've been at Thanksgiving / Christmas a couple of times before.

My word of caution (just in case you weren't aware) is that the magic kingdom fills with its capacity 90,000 people on Christmas Day!!!!!

So if you're planning MK either get there Mega-early and be prepared to get in line for Everything!!!! or give it a miss on the Big Day itself.

Other than that, have a fantastic time.

xxxx

Hi

I've enjoyed reading this thread and I've been at Thanksgiving / Christmas a couple of times before.

My word of caution (just in case you weren't aware) is that the magic kingdom fills with its capacity 90,000 people on Christmas Day!!!!!

So if you're planning MK either get there Mega-early and be prepared to get in line for Everything!!!! or give it a miss on the Big Day itself.

Other than that, have a fantastic time.

xxxx

Oh there is definitely no way in the world I would dare go there on Christmas Day. That's why I am traveling the 1st week in December. It's been rated as a pretty good time to go by several sites I have checked. I do know that the parade is normally filmed that week. I would definitely like to avoid that.

Thanks for chiming in!

It's official! Hooray! :mickeyjum We finally booked our trip!

Here are the details:

We will be flying out of Pittsburgh via Southwest on December 1st in the afternoon. We hope to arrive in Orlando and be at our resort - POP Century - by 4 or 5. We do not have any big plans yet for that evening. Then we have a 5-day Park Hopper Ticket. Then we are flying back on December 7th in the afternoon.

We opted not to do the dining plan this time around (we got it on our 2013 trip for free, but the only free dining week available in December this year didn't work for us - oh well), but we did purchase Memory Maker which we did not do last time.

The only reservations we have planned so far - and maybe the only ones we will - are for Via Napoli on Thursday as part of the Candlelight Processional package and breakfast at 'Ohana on our travel day back.

I will update as any new information comes available. And, as always, I look forward to any comments or advice you have!

Just another quick update. My sister-in-law, her boyfriend, and her DD 11 and DS 10 have booked their trip as well. They are flying on the same flight and staying at the same resort as us. Of course, since I have some experience and spend all my time researching, they are relying on me for planning ideas. They are also included in both of our ADRs.

About my ADR for the Candlelight, we really wanted Garden Grill, but it hasn't come available yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed and counting on our travel agent to keep trying. If not, I'm sure I will be perfectly happy with Via Napoli.

Only 166 more days!

Hi-I have not been in this section of the boards lately and wondered how your plans were progressing. Glad to read that your trip is booked and the family can countdown to the excitement.

My BIL/SIL declined our offer as the trip is more than they wanted to spend even with what we offered to cover. I know my limits with kids and would not be able to even take our niece for a week. Sad that we will not be vacationing together.

Hubby still wanted to go back to WDW so our trip is still on. We will be at Beirgarten the same night you are currently scheduled for Via Napoli.

So glad to see you made it back!

Things are going nicely although we are starting to get to the point where there is no real excitement.

The Via Napoli ADR got cancelled, but only because we got our package with the Garden Grill! So, I was really excited about that. We are going to Epcot on Friday now instead. I also booked an ADR for Mama Melrose (which we went on our last trip) as part of the Fantasmic Dining Package for Saturday.

Sounds like you have an awesome trip planned! How exciting!! It becomes so much more real once it's booked & you start booking the adrs :)
Looks like we'll be checking out & flying home the day you guys are checking in. We're going over Thanksgiving = 11/25 to 12/1. We originally booked at the Wilderness Lodge but switched to Beach Club when all of the major construction at WL was announced. I would rather do the 2nd week in Nov (like we did for our 1st/only trip in 2013) or the 1st wk in Dec., but my ds is in 3rd grade this year and we really don't want to miss too much school at once. He'll be missing 2.5 days for this trip. Have fun planning & the trip date will be here in no time! :)

Sounds like you have an awesome trip planned! How exciting!! It becomes so much more real once it's booked & you start booking the adrs :)
Looks like we'll be checking out & flying home the day you guys are checking in. We're going over Thanksgiving = 11/25 to 12/1. We originally booked at the Wilderness Lodge but switched to Beach Club when all of the major construction at WL was announced. I would rather do the 2nd week in Nov (like we did for our 1st/only trip in 2013) or the 1st wk in Dec., but my ds is in 3rd grade this year and we really don't want to miss too much school at once. He'll be missing 2.5 days for this trip. Have fun planning & the trip date will be here in no time! :)

Thank you very much! I hope you guys have an awesome time. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to be there over the holidays. Although, on the plus side, they say Disney has some pretty awesome Thanksgiving meals. Plus, you might get to see both some of the fall decor and the Christmas decorations - that would be cool.

We always debate about the missing school thing. On our first trip, she was in preschool, so not a big deal. This year she will be in 1st grade. So, there may be a little bit more. But, we are going to work with her teacher to hopefully get makeup work before the week of Thanksgiving so that she will have the work to do over her break and not have to worry on vacation.

Thank you very much! I hope you guys have an awesome time. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to be there over the holidays. Although, on the plus side, they say Disney has some pretty awesome Thanksgiving meals. Plus, you might get to see both some of the fall decor and the Christmas decorations - that would be cool.

We always debate about the missing school thing. On our first trip, she was in preschool, so not a big deal. This year she will be in 1st grade. So, there may be a little bit more. But, we are going to work with her teacher to hopefully get makeup work before the week of Thanksgiving so that she will have the work to do over her break and not have to worry on vacation.

I don't think you'll have any trouble w/ her missing time at that age. When we went on our 1st trip in 2013, ds was in 1st grade & missed 4 days w/ no problems. Our school wouldn't give us any trouble at all thus year, but we just don't want to worry about making up so much work and tests and such. I know it'll be alot more crowded & busy and such, but that's ok... I know we won't do it all or see it all- that's just another reason for me to plan another trip! :rolleyes1 :cheer2:

I don't think you'll have any trouble w/ her missing time at that age. When we went on our 1st trip in 2013, ds was in 1st grade & missed 4 days w/ no problems. Our school wouldn't give us any trouble at all thus year, but we just don't want to worry about making up so much work and tests and such. I know it'll be alot more crowded & busy and such, but that's ok... I know we won't do it all or see it all- that's just another reason for me to plan another trip! :rolleyes1 :cheer2:

That's my very specific plan for returning. Make sure to not see everything. Of course, with all of the changes right now, there is always something new to see or do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter