The Winter Blues

bigredbill

Go Huskers!
Winter hit Nebraska late, but we are already sick of it. It's been bitter cold, and the snow won't melt. Too dang cold to be outside. Feeling the itch to be lakeside, next to a bonfire, relaxing. We probably won't be able to get the trailer out until April at the earliest.

I got me a case of the winter blues.

Bill,

I'm with you brother. :thumbsup2

This is traditionally a slow time for trip reports, questions about the Fort, etc. So we don't have snow but I look foreward to our (almost) annual visits to the Fort (either in spring or fall - never EVER in summer).

When it's cold and windy here in Bama Land I think of the Fort pool slide, the campfire sing-a-long, and hearing the boat toots/whistles and MK trains and EPCOT Illuminations fireworks booming at night. The Fort is very much a sights/sounds, and smells experience.

So February is a tough time but spring is just around the corner. :upsidedow

Bama ED

A lot of us feel your pain! You need to hop on the Magical Express with the rest of the gray goose slushy gang!

Mar 30 here, just had 25-30cm (that's 10-12") of the white stuff blowing around before it landed.... Spring is just a myth here!

Mar 30 here, just had 25-30cm (that's 10-12") of the white stuff blowing around before it landed.... Spring is just a myth here!

We have had an un-seasonally warm Spring here in Nebraska. It was near 90 degrees this weekend. Tulips are all out and bloomed, grass growing like crazy. Heck, I had to crank the AC on two weeks ago. I am not complaining at all.

I have been suffering more and more each year. I feel it begin in late Oct, which coincidentally comes after a vaca to Disney......but seriously! I know it's happening and feel helpless fighting it. My urge to be social dies, exercise, forget it!, I dont even sleep as well as I do in the warmer months. I decided a few years back to begin snowbirding when our son graduated ( which was this last June) from high school. If all goes well we will do just that Jan 2016. If I love it as much as I know I will, I may stay there and tell the DH to come back as soon as he can.....and chain myself to a palm tree. My local Oregonians think I am crazy. I literally get so much grief about my desire, it gets heated sometimes. Why the idea of my leaving the seasons is such a personal reflection on them I do not understand? But leave I will! Not doing something is the only shame I feel. Doing something and then deciding to undo it is fine.

Can I get an AMEN!:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter