The Wilderness Lodge FAQ (Part 6) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendy, unless you need something very specific, there is no reason why you would need anything else at all! Maybe just drinks to carry into the parks, but that would be it. You can take any of the snacks back to your room. In fact, had I known I would have taken zip locks and gotten goldfish and pretzels to carry in my backpack for the parks for the kids.

WOWZA Thanks For The Food Pictures:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Was The Food Quick At Being Replenished When It Started To Get Taken By The Guests:confused3 :confused3 So Enough For Everybody:) :)

:goodvibes :goodvibes

The cookies are awesome. I wish I had brought some home with us :thumbsup2

The food offerings at CL were enough for my 3 kids for breakfast and snacks. I enjoyed the minestrone soup and cheese offerings. Nothing like having a glass of wine after a long day at the parks while looking over the lobby.

We would do CL again without hesitation. :banana:

I am glad to see a new thread started. We are going to be staying at the WL for the first time May 29th through June 7th, 2008. I read through a lot of the other thread but there were sooo many pages. I am looking forward to reading the posts on the new thread.
You will love the WL. We stayed there for the first time last year. If the WL had monorail access, we would stay there every year. It is so relaxing to enter after a tough day at the parks. The lobby is just breathtaking. It looks like a giant Lincoln Log Old West lodge. We are going to stay at CR this year and are afraid that we will miss out on being immersed in the Disney experience. It just doesn't seem quite as well-themed as the other resorts. While at the WL you must try one meal at Whispering Canyon. They have really good food and milkshakes (all-you-care to drink shakes). It is a fun place to eat, especially if you get a fun server. We ate both breakfast and dinner and our servers were not quite into the tomfoolary. But it's fun to watch the servers who are. They have fun activities for children.

I had heard that Beer was available on CL too. Was that the case MM2669?

Thanks for posting all of the pictures, they are awesome. Hoping to stay on CL on our next trip.

You will love the WL. We stayed there for the first time last year. If the WL had monorail access, we would stay there every year. It is so relaxing to enter after a tough day at the parks. The lobby is just breathtaking. It looks like a giant Lincoln Log Old West lodge. We are going to stay at CR this year and are afraid that we will miss out on being immersed in the Disney experience. It just doesn't seem quite as well-themed as the other resorts. While at the WL you must try one meal at Whispering Canyon. They have really good food and milkshakes (all-you-care to drink shakes). It is a fun place to eat, especially if you get a fun server. We ate both breakfast and dinner and our servers were not quite into the tomfoolary. But it's fun to watch the servers who are. They have fun activities for children.

If the WL had monorail access, you could not afford it......:rotfl2:

Memory Maker,

Thanks for the review!! That's the Lodge CL for you.

Those bagels that you said were wheat are actually cinnamon sugar. ;)

It's is amazing how much they put out at dinner time. I found out that the head chef at Artist Point actually finishes all the dishes, especially the cobbler and he HAS to inspect the food BEFORE it comes up to the floor.

Did you know that there is over $50.00 worth of berries on top of the cobbler!!! :goodvibes

Sad thing about Yacht Club CL, though. I have some friends that work the floor and found out that they are going to renovate the Club Level. I asked why they didn't have those little refrigerators like at the Lodge. Why would a Club Level just lay sodas and water on the table?? Also, they would put the puddings in a bowl of ice. So, I do know that they do want to fix it.

No excuse for the chair being in the hall way!!

Again, thanks for the review.

I had heard that Beer was available on CL too. Was that the case MM2669?

Thanks for posting all of the pictures, they are awesome. Hoping to stay on CL on our next trip.

Yes, there is beer on the CL. It is usually out at the 5pm "dinner" time when they put out the wine.

Wendy, unless you need something very specific, there is no reason why you would need anything else at all! Maybe just drinks to carry into the parks, but that would be it. You can take any of the snacks back to your room. In fact, had I known I would have taken zip locks and gotten goldfish and pretzels to carry in my backpack for the parks for the kids.

Yes, we take zip lock bags all the time. Especially if we have left over or so, keeps things fresh in the fridge.

I do know that the last time we were up on the Club Level, they had carrying trays (the kind you see at MacDonalds). If you don't see them, just ask!!

Also another tip. When you go to the Lounge and you want to bring some goodies back to the room, use the tray that is under the ice bucket in your room. Works perfectly. I have seen so many moms trying to bring back drinks and cereal for the little ones so I usually tell them about the tray. I never feel funny about doing that!!

I do know that the last time we were up on the Club Level, they had carrying trays (the kind you see at MacDonalds). If you don't see them, just ask!!

Also another tip. When you go to the Lounge and you want to bring some goodies back to the room, use the tray that is under the ice bucket in your room. Works perfectly. I have seen so many moms trying to bring back drinks and cereal for the little ones so I usually tell them about the tray. I never feel funny about doing that!!

Forgot about the trays. YC did have them, thick paper ones, with cup holders on the sides and a flat part in the middle. WL had nothing at all. But you are right, there is the tray under the ice bucket in the room.

:thumbsup2 I just reduced my order at garden grocer by almost $60. I am now super excited about staying club level. We needed the deluxe room and club level was the only one. Now it really seems worth it. I have a 1 year old who could just eat goldfish the whole day through. Now I am set for the parks as well. I am so happy I found this website! :cool1: I do have one question did you use the planners to help you do any pre planning? If you did what did they help you with. I want to ask for a few things but don't want to be a pain in the butt either. :confused3

Desserts

Berry Cobbler
136_136.jpg

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
WOW !! ALL of your pics are so YUMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG THANKYOU !!!!
I could "have my meals" :banana: just watching your pictures !!!

laura :wave2:

I had requested a courtyard view with bunk beds. Do I have to say that I want a SPECIFIC courtyard view facing Silver Springs/Pool. I thought I had read somewhere on here or another thread that Courtyard view could also mean facing the villas? Is that true? If I want to face the main courtyard...Silver Springs...how do I request that??? And also...is it possible or am I just dreaming...to get a comp upgrade to concierge???
I guess the premium courtyard views are the Bear Face rooms...correct? Do I request it that way or do they call them something else?
FunkyDuck

If you have booked a Courtyard View Room with Bunk Beds you should request Inner Courtyard this will let the room assigner know where you prefer to have your room located.

No the Bear Face rooms aren't the premium courtyard rooms, they are just a few rooms that overlook the courtyard and are located off the main Lobby. Not everyone enjoys these rooms (I do) but many guest enjoy being futher out toward the pool then right off the Lobby. For all the room location options I have the information posted on the first page it's the second post.

Trust me no one will know what you're talking about if you request a Bear Face room, you would need to request Inner Courtyard View off the Lobby. Bear Face Rooms is what we call them here on the FAQ Thread.

I would never tell you that an upgrade to Club Level is impossible BUT the Club Level has been very busy lately there may not be a room available to upgrade you to.

Remember all room request are just that request and not guaranteed.

Beckie

Laura

The Berry Cobbler is the same that we enjoy so much at Artist Point, just no ice cream.

Beckie

Laura

The Berry Cobbler is the same that we enjoy so much at Artist Point, just no ice cream.

Beckie

And, all you have to do is go down to the Mercantile and get a pint of ice cream to enjoy with your berry cobbler!!! YUMMY :lovestruc

My DH absolutely fell in love the Artist Point Cobbler on our very first stay at the WL for our honeymoon in May 2004!!!! :lovestruc I now make it for him every year for his birthday, and I must say that each year, I am getting better and better at making it!! But it is still WAY better at the Lodge!!! Heck....everything is better at the Lodge!!:goodvibes

My DH absolutely fell in love the Artist Point Cobbler on our very first stay at the WL for our honeymoon in May 2004!!!! :lovestruc I now make it for him every year for his birthday, and I must say that each year, I am getting better and better at making it!! But it is still WAY better at the Lodge!!! Heck....everything is better at the Lodge!!:goodvibes

Especially when you don't have to make it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter