The Wilderness Lodge FAQ (Part 6) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I look at the drawing of the deluxe room it looks like there are two balconies. One from the sitting area and one from the bedroom. Is this the case or is it all just one large balcony with two entrances?:lovestruc

Just click on the link below for a layout of the Lodge, the North Wing would be the rooms at the top of the map with the Deluxe rooms located at the every end of the wings.

Wilderness Lodge Room #'s and Locations

While the deluxe rooms in the North Wing face Bay Lake the rooms are considered non-specific views because they could have a view of either the Courtyard or the Woods.

Some of the rooms even though they face Bay Lake may not have an unobstructed view of the lake.

In the rooms 5000, 4000, 3000, 2000 and 1000 the main view would be toward Bay Lake, but the bedrooms are on the north side of the lodge, this is why Desparatelydisney was able to see Wishes. I would think that only room 5000, and possibly 4000 and 3000 maybe able to see Wishes.

The South Wing doesn't have any views of the Magic Kingdom or Wishes because the North Wing would be between them and the MK.

Beckie
Thank you times a million! I really appreciate all of your advice and the explanations. :flower3: It all makes perfect sense now. Thanks for taking the time to help me play catch up! :thumbsup2

When I look at the drawing of the deluxe room it looks like there are two balconies. One from the sitting area and one from the bedroom. Is this the case or is it all just one large balcony with two entrances?

Wendylou

When I stayed in the deluxe rooms they had a regular size balcony just outside the living room section, and a much smaller standing room only balcony off the bedroom section. Below are a few photo's of the small balconies.

Beckie

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

Thank you times a million! I really appreciate all of your advice and the explanations. :flower3: It all makes perfect sense now. Thanks for taking the time to help me play catch up!
You're welcome, you'll be an expert by your trip.

Beckie
:wave:

The husband and I just booked..for Christmas week! Does anyone know if the resort does anything special during this time?
Serendipity
The Lodge has many activities that are scheduled during the Holidays, the Sleigh Rides (information posted on page 1) is very popular and many guest not staying at the Lodge book this event. Each night they bring special entertainment in. I have enjoyed choirs, bell ringers, brass quintets and many others that visit during the holidays. Just be sure to check your activity schedule when you check-in.

Beckie

Thank you magicinmyheart. My DD9 loves to read and have some alone time. It looks big enough for her to bring her pillow and book and catch a good 15 mins of alone time. It will be perfect for her! Bonus after Bonus...I love it. :thumbsup2 :banana:

Okay, I reread the 1st page for like the hundredth time (Lots and lots of great info there!:thumbsup2 ) but I didn't see a list of things that come in the room. I mean like soap, shampoo, and such. I know that the products are H2O products. I guess my main concern is the DD wants bath gel for showers. Do they have bath gel in the room already or do I need to pack some? If they already have some then I won't take any. (One less thing to have that might leak.:eek: )
Thanks to everyone with their help. I am getting so excited. We'll be at WL in less than two weeks.:dance3:

Atchley
I just went and checked my supplies from my last visit, we had Facial and Bath size bar soaps, Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion & Shower Gel in 1.25 oz bottles. All the products are H2O and are very nice.

Beckie

LIVE from the Wilderness Lodge :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I started a report up in the LIVE report section. So if you have any questions please stop by and I'll try to answer them :goodvibes

We lucked into a magical upgrade into a "bear faced room" and watched the water parade from our room :cool1:

Atchley - I just double checked our "bath" products and there is no shower gel just shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, and lotion. However, I did see it for sale down in the mercantile :goodvibes

Thanks to everyone for answering my question. I guess we can go ahead and take some in a small bottle just in case.

I'm sorry but I have another question. (We are leaving in less than two weeks so I'm trying to start to get things together.)

We are shipping a box down to the resort with water and food type stuff in it. My question is, on average, How big are the boxes that you send to the resort? The box that DH brought home is huge!:eek: I would say that it is around 2 1/2ftx2 1/2ftx 1 1/2ft. Is that too large?

DH says that with the airlines charging as much as they do now that many people of probably sending larger boxes to the resort. (DH can send 55 lbs through his work and it will cost around 20.00)

Is this box too big? I don't want to send huge box and have everyone looking at me when we check into the lodge.
("There's the chick that sent that huge box back in the back. How much junk could she need?"):rotfl2:

We are shipping a box down to the resort with water and food type stuff in it. My question is, on average, How big are the boxes that you send to the resort? The box that DH brought home is huge!:eek: I would say that it is around 2 1/2ftx2 1/2ftx 1 1/2ft. Is that too large?

Is this box too big? I don't want to send huge box and have everyone looking at me when we check into the lodge.
("There's the chick that sent that huge box back in the back. How much junk could she need?")
Atchley
The size of the box is fine, don't worry the Cast Members have seen so many things :scared1: that the size of a box will go unnoticed.

While I haven't ever mailed a package (we drive) I have arrived with the large rubbermaid storage containers packed with all our food.

Not sure what to make of some receiving the Shower Gel while others don't,:scratchin maybe Club Level guest just receive it. :confused3 Just not sure.

Beckie

Atchley
The size of the box is fine, don't worry the Cast Members have seen so many things :scared1: that the size of a box will go unnoticed.

While I haven't ever mailed a package (we drive) I have arrived with the large rubbermaid storage containers packed with all our food.

Not sure what to make of some receiving the Shower Gel while others don't,:scratchin maybe Club Level guest just receive it. :confused3 Just not sure.

Beckie

Beckie,

You are right about Club Level receiving the Shower Gel. The Club Level gets a few more amenities. Now being on the other floors, you may at times receive the Shower Gel, but I think it may be a hit or miss.

Also, Atchley, - Don't worry about how much or how big the box is. I ALWAYS over pack and I started watching what others bring. I rarely see someone walk in with minimal suit cases, especially with the Villas next door. It's only me and my DH and we usually have at least 10 bags for about 5 nights. That includes laptop, etc. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter