The Wii Collective

We too got a new Wii for christmas. Rather, I bought my husband one!

We got mario cart and guitar hero 5. My question is, do they sell the guitar that you need seperately? Or would we be better off just getting guitar hero one and starting from there?

Jennifer

You can buy the guitar separate, but I would buy the combo with guitar hero 3. We found the songs a lot of fun and then you can use the guitar for the next game. We ended up buying guitar hero 4 with another guitar and now my 7 yr old can kick my butt at guitar battles. (I didn't find the songs as good as 3, but thats my taste) I play on medium most of the time meanwhile he plays at expert, I cant understand how he gets his little fingers moving so fast.:lmao:

I have been thinking about guitar hero 5, but we just bought Wii Fit Plus, so far its pretty cool.

BTW, as far as I know Guitar Hero for Wii started at 3. 1 and 2 were not available for Wii.

You can buy the guitar separate, but I would buy the combo with guitar hero 3. We found the songs a lot of fun and then you can use the guitar for the next game. We ended up buying guitar hero 4 with another guitar and now my 7 yr old can kick my butt at guitar battles. (I didn't find the songs as good as 3, but thats my taste) I play on medium most of the time meanwhile he plays at expert, I cant understand how he gets his little fingers moving so fast.:lmao:

I have been thinking about guitar hero 5, but we just bought Wii Fit Plus, so far its pretty cool.

BTW, as far as I know Guitar Hero for Wii started at 3. 1 and 2 were not available for Wii.

thank you so much! I think what we are going to do is return it and do as you suggested and get III and start from there. Again, thanks for the advice! Jennifer

We love the Wii at our house! My DS (11 now) got it last year for Christmas. He and I have been known to rock out on Rock Band together (I can jam a mean guitar). He loves the Lego games and Rayman Rabids games, and even Cooking Mama (though he wouldn't admit that to anyone!). We both got Super Marios Bros. for Christmas (as a joint gift), because I totally dig Mario and it is his Wii. We played it all weekend all day long! We were getting frustrated with each other! I have a hard time staying on screen with him, and he thinks I hog all of the bonuses (mushrooms, flowers, etc.). But we had so much fun.

Pretty much anything Mario is a hit with Super Mario Galaxy being the ultimate. The Wii Fit is good but I have a love-hate relationship with my trainer and I won't repeat on here what I lovingly call her. And Super Smash Bros is a good one for my two young boys.

I just saw on Amazon that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is going to be coming out. Doesn't show a date, but you can pre-order it. I'm trying to decide between getting the new Mario game just out or Mario Galaxy.

Amazon has a deal right now...spend $80 in video games and get a $20 credit towards another video game purchase.

I just saw on Amazon that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is going to be coming out. Doesn't show a date, but you can pre-order it. I'm trying to decide between getting the new Mario game just out or Mario Galaxy.

:banana: about Super Mario Galaxy 2!!! We've rescued Princess Peach so many times that I'm about to let just stay with Bowzer. :rolleyes:

Each Mario game has its pros and cons. My least favorite would be Paper Mario and while my DSs and I will play the new one it ends up being less teamwork between the boys and more a race to the mushrooms and flowers.

I also am one of those that have fallen into the Rock Band/Guitar Hero addiction. I personally like Rock Band better, but since I have a friend that works at Activision, I can get any of their games (Guitar Hero) for only $15.:thumbsup2

My wife and I like to play together...she on the drums and me on guitar. My DD(5) likes to play too, but isn't quite big enough to manage the guitar on her own. She will sing and play the drums on novice.

I just got a Wii for my birthday today! I am so excited! I asked for one for Christmas and my DH said...."how much are you really going to play it?"
Well...I ended up with it 5 days later. I have been having so much fun with it and it has gotten my fat butt off the couch!! The kids are both playing with it now...they are 15 and 19. I think it will do us ALL some good!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I just checked out the New Super Mario Bros. from the library, so I know what I will be doing for the next week. :rolleyes1

My 2 1/2 year old son was Luigi and I was Mario, that was fun! Of course he kept dying because he couldn't keep up and when he would press the jump button he would just jump straight up but it was FUN! And my son said, "This game is awesome!" :rotfl2: I would have to agree! :thumbsup2

Wii Sports Resort!!! The kids bought it yesterday and it is a BLAST!!

It may be snowing outside but it is simply gorgeous on WuHu Island!!!

The Wii motion is amazing!

Highly recommended!

Other favs in our house:
Wii Fit
Wii Fit Plus
Wii Sports
Mario Super Sluggers

I am getting more excited about the Wii. Everyone seemed to love it so I bought it last week.
I was so bored with the games that came with it. I was sure I had made a mistake!

Then I spend another $100 for Wii Fit Plus and now I am having fun. I like the game where I am a penguin sliding on the ice floe.

I bought Sports Resort and will try it this weekend when the snow keeps us inside.

After spening $350 so far, I'd better like it!!!

Our family got the wii for Christmas and have been playing it non stop ever since. Our favorite games are

DH and I - Lego Star Wars (we play this every night after the kids go to sleep:lmao:) and Sports Resort

DS10 - Star Wars the force Unleashed and Sports Resort

DD6 - Barbie Horse Adventures, Littlest Pet Shop and Diego Safari Adventures (although she beat this in one night)

DS3 - Wii Sports baseball

I got Cooking Mama because it was one of my favorite games on Nintendo DS, and I have been extremely frustrated with it. Can't seem to figure out how to play. :mad:

My son and I are another group of Animal Crossing Addicts!:thumbsup2 We even took the Wii with us to WDW last April becuase we were so close to getting our perfect town and we were able to donate enough bells to our town that we got our lighthouse. We call it our OKW lighthouse.:love: We did stop playing for maybe two or three weeks and when we signed back on we were so upset to find that our favorite neighbor was moving.:sad1: We were not able to stop him from going so we were bummed out and our town was a mess. We are still in the rebuilding stages of our town so its a work in progress. But it fun to visit other towns to get ideas and exchange patterns and items for your house. My son has made a list in a letter that he would love to send to Nintendo about how to add to the game. While we still love playing it, after you catch all the fish and bugs, it could get a little boring.
But since I am video game challenged, I like it because it is SO easy!

Thanks for the Animal Crossing description.
Last spring, they talked about it so much on the podcast and on the boards, I thought that I just had to have it.

But it sounds too close to Farmville on Facebok. I really do not need an addicting game!

we got animal crossing for Christmas and we had rented it before. I love it and i started looking at the wii threads just today and I am learning so much of what you can do on animal crossing, like the light house. I'm going to have to try some of this.:)

Rae
(applemommas daughter)

Thanks nikki. We have not played coop mode yet. I figured if we can't co-exist in the kitchen together, a video game has no chance. :)
Hi Lois. I can't help but cheat at these games somewhat. I use walkthroughs because I just don't have hours upon hours for discovery. It still takes me plentry of time to execute whats in a walkthrough after I've gone through the level and gotten frustrated. Here is one for SMB's. Lot's of detailed help.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/960544/58291Same here! Epic Mickey! :woohoo:

Yay!!! I made some progress at Mario. :banana:
It is frustrating making it so far, only to die and up back at the beginning. :confused3
Greg and I haven't played 2-player yet. We tried yesterday, but the controller for player 2 wasn't charged.
Maybe tomorrow!

well great, now I am addicted to our new Wii. The great time suck in our living room.

Mario Cart is the best ever. My husband and I play each other and have the best time cursing and yelling over this thing. We also have been playing others accross the world. Anyone want to challenge us, we are in. :cool2:

Well, its something to keep me occupied until our next trip!

Mario Cart is the best ever.

Is Mario Cart a sit on the couch game or one that involves the whole body?

I am not familiar with Mario in his previous incarnations. Would I find it interesting?

I am enjoying the Wii Fit Plus.

How does it compare to the EA Active?

My biggest disappointment in the Wii is the poor reviews that Toy Story Mania got. I had such high hopes! Maybe I can rent it?

Mario Cart is the best ever.

Is Mario Cart a sit on the couch game or one that involves the whole body?

I am not familiar with Mario in his previous incarnations. Would I find it interesting?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter