The "Why I didn't speak to my sister for a week" trip report *** Now Complete :)

I stayed up until 2:00 am last night to read this report. I'm so hooked, your writing style is funny without being over the top.

Now, my only complaint is, I need more!!! Please update soon.

Marina, I hope your enjoying this trip now and having the time of your life. You sure deserve it after the last one! You are a far better woman than myself, because I think I would have ditched your sister on day 2! Can't wait to hear the rest. :goodvibes

Hi guys just got back a few hours ago. It was a great trip ! Much too short though. I feel blue because I have no clue when the next trip will be, or if there even will be one :(

Marina!!!! Welcome back!! There will be another trip, you just have to believe!! Rest up then tell us all about it please.

Yay
excited1.gif
You're back!

No worries, there will be another trip. When we got back from our Dec 2006 trip, we said we wouldn't be able to go back until Dec 2008 and I have been back 4 times and in 23 days will be going back a 5th time before that Dec 2008 trip.

I know I always get the blues after returning from a trip ;)

Suzanne

Welcome back. I hope you had a great trip and am looking forward to hearing about it.

Welcome back to France and I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip with your sister as well as this trip with Grumpy. About feeling like you're not going to get back, that's how we felt when we left in November 2006. At that point, I figured it would be 2011 most likely when we would return, but, we'll be there in 69 days! So, you never know.

Oh hurrah! Welcome home to the DIS! It feels as though we have been gathering, waiting for your return... Picture us gathered in your living room, cold fizzy things at the ready, settling in as you put your feet up and tell us all about your trip! Like you, I think our last trip may have been our last trip for at least quite a bit. Drat this economy! Thanks again for letting me enjoy your previous trips. I read the others over the last few days. Although we may harass you, don't feel rushed to write. We'll wait patiently for you to rest before you begin your report, won't we???:rolleyes1

Welcome back Marina!!!
Can't wait to hear how the do-over trip went... I hope it was wonderful!!!!
Don't worry...I always feel like it will be forever til I go back...but the trips always come when I need them!!!!:lovestruc

Paula

Glad you made it home safe. My son and I thought about you and Grumpy during the week hoping you were having a great time. I hope you enjoyed the Poly and can't wait to hear more about it.

(I should be sleeping since I have to be up for work at 6am and haven't slept since we were on the plane 12 hours ago.. but I'm wide awake. The Goofy taffy probably has a lot to do with that. Anyway, might as well be working on finishing this TR, right ??)

So, Jessi and Alex had spent the afternoon taking a nap outside. Grumpy & I were not even that surprised. On the bright side, that meant we had a shot at actually making it to dinner that night ! Grumpy loves Boma and there was no way she was missing it anyhow.

After a little pool time, we got cleaned up and changed, and - miracles do happen - Jessi was ready to go.

Alex, however, was feeling sick. She HAD been coughing quite a bit, but then again we all had. That's Disney's A/C for you. Of course Jessi couldn't possibly let Alex be the only "sick" person so she decided she was sick too. It was something like 80° out and she had on a long-sleeved shirt over a T-shirt and a scarf around her neck.

She was in a good mood though, which for my sister means silly mood,and she kept us entertained while we waited for the bus.

IMG_6008.jpg

Alex didn't say one word as we were waiting for the bus.
Not one word on the ride to MGM (where we switched buses), nor on the bus ride from MGM to AKL.

You'd have thought she had explosive diarrhea and we were taking her out for an all-you-can-eat feast of jalapeno peppers and prune juice.
She was looking at her shoes, lips sealed, nasty look on her face, the whole time.

As we say here, she was doing the soupe à la grimace (nasty face soup).

It was starting to get on Grumpy's nerves, I could tell.

AKL looked gorgeous as always.

IMG_6012.jpg

Alex didn't want to go outside to look at the savanna and of course Jessi couldn't go by herself because, who knows, a lion might attack her or something. They agreed to sit and let me take their picture together.

IMG_6018.jpg

This is actually the very last photo I took on this entire trip (including Fort Lauderdale. I think this is the point when I realized that I didn't really want to have memories of it.

We then checked at the Boma podium for our reservation and were given our pager. No one was saying a word and I said I was going to the restrooms - I just needed to get away from the wild and crazy of that evening.

I'd been there three minutes when Grumpy joined me.

"I am getting really, really sick of both of them. When one's finally moving, the other one goes down."

There wasn't much to say. We went back to wait. After 10 more minutes, we'd now been there about 20, Alex started to do the heavy sighs again. That drove me nuts but I kept my mouth shut. However my mom was getting her Majorly Grumpy look again.

I got up and went to check on our table. It turned out that our pager wasn't working, they had beeped us 10 minutes earlier. We were lucky that table hadn't been filled yet.

So we went in and had dinner. Jessi was sort of in a good mood. Alex refused to get up to the buffet and refused the soup Jessica brought her. She, however, wasn't too sick to leave the table twice to go smoke outside.

I stuffed myself silly because there was nothing else to do. At least the food didn't disappoint but the atmosphere was once again very gloomy.

We were going to take buses back to Coronado but Grumpy & I pooled our money to get us on a cab. Let's get us back to the resort so we can ditch them as fast as possible.

Once we got there, I started putting our dirty laundry in a hamper and asked the girls if they had anything that needed washing, but they declined. Then they said they were tired and were off to bed.

Yet another memorable family outing.

It was a few minutes before 11pm, Grumpy was in the pool while waiting for the laundry to be over, and I went to go fill our mugs for the night.

Imagine my surprise when I saw Jessi and Alex ahead of me, walking back from El Centro (CSR's main building), holding a pile of styrofoam boxes. I literally jumped off the path and hid behind a fountain so they wouldn't see me. I couldn't believe my eyes !!! We had taken them out to dinner and not only had Alex refused to eat (and she loves weird food so it wasn't a Boma thing), she had made us feel as if we were forcing her to go out to dinner, and her nasty mood had pretty much ruined the meal for us. And now there they were, arms full of what had to be junk food. It made me wonder just how many times they'd refused to go to a park or to dinner and had gone to stuff themselves at the food court instead. How many times had they lied saying they were tired just to get rid of us ??

Because to me that was the only explanation. Alex was laughing, and Jessi had ditched the ridiculous scarf. Apparently, the sick act had only been for our benefit.

We were waving goodbye to Disney World the next morning, and this frightening thought dawned on me : I was glad we were leaving. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter