The "Why I didn't speak to my sister for a week" trip report *** Now Complete :)

Ok, I read as much of this report as I could last night and ended up going to bed at 2am. Now I'm patiently waiting for the rest. I lurk a lot, sometimes post, but felt the need to tell Marina that I wish her the best on her upcoming trip, I'll be thinking of her this week. Your sister and Alex...wow...just wow.. I know some seriously lazy people, but this is beyond anything I've ever experienced. I'm on board with the depression thing. Been there, done that and maybe that's her problem. Pure, unadulterated laziness like this just astounds me.

Um, I don't usually post much, but let me see if I got this right.

You planned and paid for the vacation. You asked for their input/preferences. You told them what the schedule was, and how much there was to do. You warned them that it would be very busy. And they behaved like this?

This has absolutely nothing to do with vacation styles (relaxed versus commando), physical abilities (scooters can and were used), or personal preferences (some people just don't get Disney). But it has everything to do with being grateful, being gracious, showing common courtesy, taking some initiative, trying something new and living up to your commitments.

You know very well your sister has issues with these things.

Don't try to cover up for her, and don't try to understand her point of view. Accept her for who she is, know that you did much more than any sister could be expected to do, and pity her tremendously in that she missed out ona chance of a lifetime -- how sad is that?

Hope your next trip (in 2 days?) goes well. Enjoy the Poly, and appreciate while you are there that some people never get to experience Disney, and some that do never get a real taste of Pixie dust, and remember how sad that really is.

Bon voyage!

Well said, that is pretty much what I was thinking! Have a GREAT trip, and we cant wait to hear about it!!:wizard:

I found your TR today and spent the last 2 hours reading it. Love it! I am so upset that they didn´t appreciate all the effort you and your mom put into this vacation:mad: . I think I would have locked them in It´s a small world for the rest of the trip:dance3: :scared1: (don´t get me wrong, I love IASW:lovestruc )
Hope you have a magical trip this time and I am looking forward to read about the ending of the April trip!

You planned and paid for the vacation. You asked for their input/preferences. You told them what the schedule was, and how much there was to do. You warned them that it would be very busy. And they behaved like this?

This has absolutely nothing to do with vacation styles (relaxed versus commando), physical abilities (scooters can and were used), or personal preferences (some people just don't get Disney). But it has everything to do with being grateful, being gracious, showing common courtesy, taking some initiative, trying something new and living up to your commitments.

Don't try to cover up for her, and don't try to understand her point of view. Accept her for who she is, know that you did much more than any sister could be expected to do, and pity her tremendously in that she missed out ona chance of a lifetime -- how sad is that?

Hope your next trip (in 2 days?) goes well. Enjoy the Poly, and appreciate while you are there that some people never get to experience Disney, and some that do never get a real taste of Pixie dust, and remember how sad that really is.

Bon voyage!

Very well said!! When I invited my best friend and his wife we did exactly that. I sent them a nice packet of info telling them where we were eating, where we were spending each day, I even suggested which flights to books.

He did nothing but complain the whole trip about cost and why we were spending every day in a park! I pre-warned him about everything and my ex-husband and I footed a good portion of the bill.

To this day we joke about it and he won't ever go with me again...good ridance!

This is great. Thanks for posting your trip report. I can view any of your pics, but from the way you write, I can imagine most of it. How awful that you missed so much. You are a much nicer person than I am. But if I were feeling bad, I would never want someone else to miss out cause of me. I am taking my mother for with us in November. First time she will have ever gone on a trip with us. She knows how I am with planning and I am getting her an ECV. Hopefully things will go well. She gets on my nerves very easily. Hoping for the best.

Bon voyage!

woohoo!! you said it so well.

I am usually just a lurker...but I had tell you that you and Grumpy have the patience of a saint! :worship: I would have thrown Jessi and Alex off the balcony on the 1st day! It is embarrassing how ungrateful these two are!

I hope your upcoming trip will be magical and you will make up for the
disappointing trip you had.

With that being said, I work in the medical field and I am wondering if your sister has ever been tested for a condition called Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
It can be serious and if you look it up on the internet, you may see that she has many of the common symtoms. I suffered from this for a long time and did not know I had it. I would be completely exhausted after being awake for 2 hours. Once I was treated, I am like a new person... However, I would never have behaved like them!!!!! She should look into this.

HOPE YOU and GRUMPY HAVE A PIXIE DUSTED TRIP!!:flower3:

If all is right with the world, your next trip report will be the "How I told my sister all about our night in the castle whilst we were on the perfect trip to Disney and she lazed in bed in France" trip report. Have a perfect trip. (Ouch say my English teacher ears!;) )

I have been enjoying your report so much that I went back and read your older ones! I thought it was so ironic when I read this about taking Granny.

I've read so many TRs from people who brought their family members along thinking they'd fall in love with Disney too, only to have them turn their entire trip into a nightmare.

That is exactly what happened with Jess! You have so much patience with her.

I'm looking forward to hearing more!

Just wanted to you wish you bon voyage. Like others who have posted, I hope the dream team absolutely stampedes to get to you and Grumpy.

I understand how you feel, but you aren't responsible for anyone's happiness but your own. (And, lo, it has taken me many moons to learn this.) I just think, that, unfortunately, very few people do gratitude well. You and your mother were kind and generous and I'm sure it will (and has) blessed you.

Thanks you guys for the support :) :grouphug:

I still have a couple days so I think I may be able to finish this TR before we leave :yay:

The thing that makes me so sad - more than angry - about this trip, is that we never saw it coming. Now with Granny, I knew there was a good chance she wouldn't like Disney. But my sister ??? I mean, she actually knows all the characters. Grumpy and I can barely tell Ariel from Jasmine (they're both the "bra princesses" to us).
After Grumpy & I talked about it for some time we realized that they've lived with no hours and no commitments whatsoever for the past five years. And here we were asking them to wake up at a certain hour every day and follow a schedule. We should have known it wasn't going to work.
One thing it did for sure was explain the mess Jess is in right now. Any little bump in the road - such as the blister - is a major deal for her. Things have to go perfectly smoothly or she just gives up.

But ya know I still luv my sis :) That doesn't mean I don't want to kill her every once in a while - like when she calls me in the middle of the night to discuss CSI when I'm working at 7am. I guess we just get along a lot better when we're far away and there are no expectations.:rolleyes1

But ya know I still luv my sis :) That doesn't mean I don't want to kill her every once in a while - like when she calls me in the middle of the night to discuss CSI when I'm working at 7am. I guess we just get along a lot better when we're far away and there are no expectations.:rolleyes1

So true. no matter how mad , sad , frustrated ect... we get with them bottom line is we still love them no matter what. Believe me if my sister wasn't my sister & pulled half the stuff she does it would have been over long ago. It helps me having her in the UK & me in the States. My mom & I always cry when she comes & cry when she leaves , but we are never sure if the tears when she's leaving are because we are going to miss her or just relief she's on the plane home:rolleyes1

Have a great trip!!!

So true. no matter how mad , sad , frustrated ect... we get with them bottom line is we still love them no matter what. Believe me if my sister wasn't my sister & pulled half the stuff she does it would have been over long ago. It helps me having her in the UK & me in the States. My mom & I always cry when she comes & cry when she leaves , but we are never sure if the tears when she's leaving are because we are going to miss her or just relief she's on the plane home:rolleyes1

Have a great trip!!!

I agree, you have to focus on the good times (if any) and support them when needed.
It's just so sad people have different priorities but I guess that makes them who they are?
(I noticed curlz2tite you are going in Dec, we'll be there too! Can't wait to see all the Christmas decs and try some gingerbread house :cloud9: Hope you have a lovely trip :thumbsup2 )

Can't wait for the finale (thanks for taking the time to post for us:cool1: ), this has got to get better sometime :confused3

I just wanted to say Have a great trip at the Poly, and thanks so much for the awsome trip report, which I check multiple times a day to see if it has been updated :lmao:
Who's the real winner here!

I was hoping our trips would overlap so we might get a chance to meet you, your a hoot!

Have a great time shopping and at the parks... Hey you do Walmart but what about Target??

I am a Target girl and I keep seeing all this homeage to Wally World!

I wanted to pop in and tell you that yours is one of the best trip reports I've read in a long time! :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful time at the Poly! We were fortunate enough to stay there on our first trip, and it was a delightful experience. I'll send you off with an early "ALOHA!!" (I live in Hawaii). :goodvibes

I haven't read all the comments, so forgive me if you have already explained this - but how do you speak such excellent English? I know that you must have taken English growing up (since Europeans are much better than we Americans about learning languages), and I know you watch American TV . . . but still! You display an impressive mastery of the language, even its more subtle nuances.

I, on the other hand, spent many years in my younger days learning French, and have shamefully forgotten SO much of what I once knew. :guilty:

Bon voyage, and . . . ALOHA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter