The 'Why are you going to Disneyland Paris AGAIN?!' PTR

disneydaydreamer72

Mouseketeer
The words my DH muttered when I informed him that I'd be leaving him and our two DS's for a few days to return to my favourite place on earth :rolleyes1
Am determined to do a trip report this time and as I can now count the days until the next visit on one hand :yay: I thought I'd try a little PTR!

Background:
For many years I dragged my DH and two DS's around DLP and for the first few trips we all had a lovely time-the boys were little and loved the magic whilst DH enjoyed it for their sakes ;)
However,as the kids grew into sulky teenagers and DH became increasingly short-tempered by queues/parades/the cost of everything, I thought my days of visiting DLP were over.:sad2:
However,all was not lost when my friend said that her family were fed up with Disney and didn't want to go anymore. So since then,we have had two fantastic child-free/moaning husband-free trips and we are about to embark on the third :dance3:

This trip:
For the last two visits,we have stayed at Cheyenne.However,there was quite a big price jump in what we had paid previously so we decided that we'd give Santa Fe a go. That means I will have stayed in four of the six Disney hotels-maybe one day I will get to stay at the Disneyland Hotel,if I ever win the lottery!
So all booked for Sunday 12th to Tuesday 14th August :cheer2:

To do list:
There aren't many things I haven't done on previous trips,but there are a few that I am aiming to tick off the list on this visit.They are:
Watch Dreams
Watch Magic on Parade
Have dinner at Walt's
Have afternoon tea at the Disneyland Hotel
See the Aladdin walkthrough in Adventureland-have always missed this
Eat at the Earl of Sandwich-photos of the food from people's trip reports look yummy!
Try and catch the fountain show at the Castle
Ride It's a Small World without taking any photos :rotfl2:

Might add some more if I think of any!
So there we go,in five days time we will be standing in front of the Castle.Yippeeeeeee :yay:

Excited for you and your friend to enjoy some time sans kids and hubby. Have a great time1:cheer2:

sounds fab my DH has done 5 trips and like you said he did it for my DD when she was small but hates queues shopping and
,ive also done a solo trip with my DD and Dniece ,
a trip with my friend my DD and her DF
we have just come back after a trip with my friend again and my DD and her DF who are now 15
so we dont need the men to put up with the pain and suffering when we can have a fab time just us girlys:dance3::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You will have a fantastic time.

Your there the same time as me. Might see you in DLH having afternoon tea. Hoping to fit this in.

I have been a couple of times with my mum and really enjoyed it. This time with DH and 3 teenagers (16 year olds). I must be mad.:rotfl:

Have lots of fun.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks guys.:goodvibes

Whilst I love my DH and sons dearly,it's so nice not to have the constant moans of 'Do you really need to buy that?' and 'Why are we watching this parade again?' :rolleyes:

grad06-good luck with your trip and I hope you get to have afternoon tea.The weather forecast is looking like it could be a hot one. :cool2:

DH said his vows and that means he is taking me DLP/WDW I need some one to carry my bags and hold the spot for the parade lol!

I hope my DD never gets sick of Disney! I can't imagine not going! :(

I am sure you will have a great time though just the two of you!

Afternoon tea at the Disneyland hotel sounds lovely :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter