The What's For Dinner Thread - March '11 (recipe index in OP)

Princess- That market had me so jealous! i am a little glad we don't have one nearby though, my grocery budget would be blown before I got to the second aisle!

I made these last night and they were tasty - easy peasy! My kind of baking! They are for an 8x8 or similar pan, not a 9x13, but you could easily double it and just adjust the baking time.

You are doing real damage to my self control!

Better your Beyonce rear than mine! :thumbsup2

Aaaah Aimee.....I was just talking about butter sticking in places I don't want to (hmmmm....note to self....have a chat with Captain Jack under the table)....and here you go posting those extra 10 lbs that my thighs just slapped on! :sad2:

So i am choosing to believe that Beyonce Buns are a good thing because I finally took out the clothes I bought last year and not one pair of pants fit! Do you think Captain Jack would hide under my table for a while???????

It's really hot and humid here today and the wedding reception was inside a tent, outside. With all the sides down so no air circulation. I thought I was melting into the floor. It was an open bar, so we enjoyed that some, had dinner (Columbian food - delicious!!) and I ran away. I can't handle that heat for long. I'm sure the cake, dancing, etc was lovely but I just couldn't do it. They had a pool and I just wanted to dive in.

The poor bride was dripping :sad2:

AWESOME food, though - ceviche was delicious!!

Oh No! The situation you just talked about is the main reason Donny and anna decided to use a banquet facility rather that the lovely outdoor wedding they wanted. Welby"s dad had said that they could use the farm and it would have been beautiful, not to mention 2 minutes from my house (again, it is all about me :rolleyes1) but in September teh heat can be really bad!

DInner last night was so good. I cleaned like a fool in the bathroom so one room is done along with one shelf in the bathroom closet. Then Buddu offered to help me in the yard.....double edged sword because he is a powerhouse out there but I lose a lot of control.....again....not a good thing for me. anyway, only one casualty, a miniature bleeding heart is gone, but a big dent in teh front yard. So dinner had to be easy.

grilled strip steak, green salad and corn. Buddy had picked up a dry rub from Cabelas and it rocked! I usually do not use dry rubs on steak but I have changed my tune. It was nice though because Buddy has absolutely hated the meals lately but last night he said that dinner always tasted better at home then out :love: This is as mushy as he gets! :lmao:

Boy di I take up more than my fair share of space!

Dinner tonight is just burgers but I will rub them with the mix from cabelas.

I don't know if you all remember Bud cousins that he calls "the Girls". One, Joanie, is haveing major back surgery tomorrow and she is terrified. I think it is a spinal fusion and a rod in her back.
Anyway ther is 5 yard of compost and 5 yards of topsoil tha twe just found out needs to be moved into flower beds so Buddy and I are heading over there this mornig to get it done so there will be no anxiety to get it done. If Buddy loads and moves the dirt is girls can fix teh beds and get it all done today. I hope I can move tomorrow.

If I do not get back on I am picking Joanie up at 4:30 tomorrow mornign to take her in to teh hospital. If you can remember her i would appreciate it.

Have a great day!

Nancy Let Joannie know she is my prayers. I hope it offers some comfort.
I need to get my backyard planted. They are calling for storms this afternoon so that should get me moving quickly:rolleyes1 No time to slack.

I use rubs and Mccormick's grill mates spices I love them.

WFD is ham in the crockpot and mashed potatoes and probably spinach.

I had better get moving I have a lot to do today. I hope the rain holds out until after I am done planting. Just in time to help me water, yes it is all about me too Nancy:rotfl2:

I don't know if you all remember Bud cousins that he calls "the Girls". One, Joanie, is haveing major back surgery tomorrow and she is terrified. I think it is a spinal fusion and a rod in her back.

Have a great day!

Oh Nan tell Joannie I'll be praying for her to have as good results as I had. I totally understand the the neing nervious I remember. :hug: to all of you let us know how things go. Lauri

Hi I'm new to this thread, but just wanted to say a big thank you to whomever mentioned the crash hot potatoes I made them last night and they were amazing, my DBF has already asked for them again.

With the potatoes I did Lamb in a wild mushroom sauce and a fruit salad with a ginger and pomegranate syrup for dessert.

Hi I'm new to this thread, but just wanted to say a big thank you to whomever mentioned the crash hot potatoes I made them last night and they were amazing, my DBF has already asked for them again.

With the potatoes I did Lamb in a wild mushroom sauce and a fruit salad with a ginger and pomegranate syrup for dessert.

Welcome!

Not sure what I want to do for dinner tonight. Going to stop at TJ's on my way home, maybe inspiration will strike.

Princess -- Great pictures. The dinner was certainly fit for a last meal. Fortunately, we're all still here. I know I was really worried. :laughing: Your market looks amazing!

Aimee -- That's too bad about the wedding and the weather. I am sure they didn't expect it to be too hot at this time of year.

Hi I'm new to this thread

Welcome!

Nancy -- Prayers for Joanie.

This weekend was Becky's birthday weekend. Yesterday we had grilled tuna and halibut with a Greek salad and homemade pita bread. Today we had grilled Cornell chicken with macaroni and cheese, tomato salad, tempura beans and cornbread. I know the bean tempura doesn't seem to fit. That was Caili's choice to pair with her beef teriyaki. It's another busy week, so I'll catch up when I can!

Anyway ther is 5 yard of compost and 5 yards of topsoil tha twe just found out needs to be moved into flower beds so Buddy and I are heading over there this mornig to get it done so there will be no anxiety to get it done. If Buddy loads and moves the dirt is girls can fix teh beds and get it all done today. I hope I can move tomorrow.

If I do not get back on I am picking Joanie up at 4:30 tomorrow mornign to take her in to teh hospital. If you can remember her i would appreciate it.

Have a great day!

Y'all are good people to go over there and take care of that for her! Hopefully that will help her anxiety levels a bit before the surgery. I hope it goes well tomorrow.

Had a busy day at church but thankfully nothing scheduled for tonight. I'm making crispy cashew chicken with stir fry veggies and rice.

!
Aimee -- I would have jetted out of there too. Nothing worse than being hot and not circulation.

Nancy - Best wishes and thoughts for Joanie's surgery, back surgery is so touchy...at least it seems so. Hope the flower beds went well.

Harley Quinn - Welcome!!!! :banana: Yes, I concur, those potatoes ROCK!!!!

WFD last night - was chili...not the 5 alarm, but the tamer kind my guys will eat....

WFD tonight - steak dinner...Hubby was pinstriping motorcycles at a ride and we got free steak dinner there....It was good for free... :yay:

Welcome1
Just checking in tho thank you foer teh well wishes for Jaoanie. i will tell her tomorrow! She will appreciate it
Talk to you tomorrow

It's really hot and humid here today and the wedding reception was inside a tent, outside. With all the sides down so no air circulation. I thought I was melting into the floor. It was an open bar, so we enjoyed that some, had dinner (Columbian food - delicious!!) and I ran away. I can't handle that heat for long. I'm sure the cake, dancing, etc was lovely but I just couldn't do it. They had a pool and I just wanted to dive in.

That sounds miserable! Our heat index today was 95; I can't imagine spending time in a tent in nice clothes. :scared:

Have a great day!

:hug: I'll pray.

Welcome!

I've been needing my Popeye's fix; I haven't been all month and it's the 22nd already. :scared1: So, I went and got my usual, the spicy tenders. OMG. I don't know what they did to this particular batch. They were WAY more spicy than usual! They were still good, but yowzers! Usually they don't phase me, but these had me drinking a LOT of Coke! :drinking1

I just noticed I have not one, but TWO tags! I don't even know when I got them! Or what post the 2nd one came from...

Princess- That market had me so jealous! i am a little glad we don't have one nearby though, my grocery budget would be blown before I got to the second aisle!

You are doing real damage to my self control!

So i am choosing to believe that Beyonce Buns are a good thing because I finally took out the clothes I bought last year and not one pair of pants fit! Do you think Captain Jack would hide under my table for a while???????

Nancy - I'm sure Captain Jack would most definitely hide under your table for a while!

Especially...if you don't have a single pair of pants to wear...;)

I'm the same. I pulled out a pair of pants that used to be my favourite and I can't fit in it anymore...:sad1:

So, I've decided to cut down on my food quantities and to cut out the sweets. And I got back on my bicycle yesterday and went for a 45 minute bikeride. I discovered that I am really unfit!

Hi I'm new to this thread.

9.gif

I just noticed I have not one, but TWO tags! I don't even know when I got them! Or what post the 2nd one came from...

Now I'm jealous! I've been trying for a tag for a while.

Sadly, I think I'm on the ignorami list for the Tag Fairy:
1) I decided they didn't exist and that they were really a Moderator in Drag.
2) I then found out that they did exist and how all powerful their powers were...anyone who was around for Kimmar067 TagGate recently would understand....and then I apologised for my mistake and said that Tag Queen was so much more appropriate.

It's either I'm on the ignorami list and I have to accept the fact that I'm really not witty enough.....no....it couldn't possibly be that....ignorami all the way!

Glad that the food was awesome at the very least. Somehow, I don't think that the sauna idea would take off as the NEXT big wedding thing theme.

WFD - We had a heap of rice left over; so we had fried rice and leftovers. I have the pictures still in my camera and will unpack them probably on Turdsday...and post, with recipe.

Have a good couple of days all...back to the salt mines for the next two for me.

princess::upsidedow

Good morning all!

I have a challenge. I am getting a fresh coconut in my organic box this week. I love coconut but I am looking for something different other than the usual cookies and cake. Though I will take those recipes too ;)

I will be back later hopefully with dinner.

Good morning!

Nancy, I've been thinking about you and Joanie. Any updates?

Princess, the tags were a total surprise! I have never posted on the tag fairy threads. I also noticed my location is purple- like Mardi Gras! I do remember where the 2nd tag comes from. It's from my story about getting asked for whipping cream and noodle advice at the Winn-Dixie!

The a/c is broken at work. A few weeks ago, it was stuck off. Today, it is stuck at 60! The dew point is 72, so everything in the building is wet!

Good morning!

Nancy, I've been thinking about you and Joanie. Any updates?

Princess, the tags were a total surprise! I have never posted on the tag fairy threads. I also noticed my location is purple- like Mardi Gras! I do remember where the 2nd tag comes from. It's from my story about getting asked for whipping cream and noodle advice at the Winn-Dixie!

The a/c is broken at work. A few weeks ago, it was stuck off. Today, it is stuck at 60! The dew point is 72, so everything in the building is wet!

Whip cream and noodles :lmao: I am not asking.:rolleyes1

Whip cream and noodles :lmao: I am not asking.:rolleyes1

Princess has your mind under the desk? ;)

I got asked a question about how much heavy whipping cream a lady would need for making ice cream at a preschool party. I didn't know heavy cream existed. I pointed her to the spray whip cream cans! She's like, ummmm...no. :lmao:
Then a guy asked me about the best noodles for mac and cheese. I was in the dry noodle aisle. He needed Kraft blue box, not ziti! :rotfl:

Welcome! Stick around and share recipes with us.

Nancy, I hope all goes well for Joanie today.

Aimee, those enchiladas sound good. How could they not with eight avocadoes and a whole poind of cheese!! :laughing:

I didn't take many pictures this weekend--it was too busy. Here is a picture of the Greek salad I made on Saturday:

5748856814_aa69670201.jpg

The tomato-burrata salad I made yesterday:

5748858326_022f8ba8e0.jpg

and Caili's tempura greem beans:

5748311645_454b83035f.jpg

WFD: nicoise salad with some of the leftover tuna from the weekend.

Hi, all! I've been MIA since Friday. Did you think I'd been raptured??? No such luck.

It was a hectic weekend for us filled with birthday parties, swimming parties, and Alan and I working almost non-stop on the documentary. We currently have roughed out about 38 minutes of a 60 minutes doc. We need to have it finished (roughly) so that it can be seen by the powers that be this weekend. It's going to be a long week, so I'm asking for you to forgive me in advance, if I'm gone, or scattered!

Dinners this weekend were nothing fancy. Friday night, I did make a curry that was really yummy! Will definitely make again! Saturday night was pizza takeout, and last night was barbecue drumsticks and potatoes. We also steamed some corn on the cob last night, and the kids were in heaven! It was the best corn I've had in years!!! So sweet and juicy! It was like summer on a plate!

No idea what we're having tonight. I found my mother's old recipe for meat sauce, so I'm thinking of doing that over some pasta. We'll see how much I get done on the doc today. If I fall behind, it'll be sandwiches and chef salad.

Thanks for all the Johnny Depp talk. He's my number 2 celebrity crush (behind Hugh Jackman, yummy!), and I don't think I'll get my fix for another few weeks.

I'll try to pop in when I can, but remember this, you are always in my thoughts!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter