The What's for Dinner Thread- June 2012 (recipe index in OP)

Brunswick stew & buttery grilled cheese (with American, provolone & mozzarella). Yummy. :)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

kimmar067 said:
....sounds like hearty chicken soup.

It's really good! DS was mad it didn't have rabbit in it - that's how it's made at our favorite BBQ joint, but I'm not cooking Brer Rabbit! :scared:

I'm going to attempt Buffalo Chicken Subs tonight... Guess we'll see! :p

We're going to see Jekyll and Hyde at the Pantages tonight so I get to have dinner out!

franandaj said:
We're going to see Jekyll and Hyde at the Pantages tonight so I get to have dinner out!

:woohoo: Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Oops... Forgot about DS's sax lesson. Looks like we're having hotdogs instead. Working on my homemade chili now. :)

kimmar067 said:
...what a coincidence - I made boneless buffalo chicken last night....

Is there anything special you do to it? I was just going to sauté some chicken sliced chicken then coat it with sauce. Would that be good?
Yes, I can't cook! :blush:

....well, I usually buy the chicken tenderloins, especially when they are on sale. I coat them with GF flour and then cook them in olive oil (in a large skillet). When done, I put them on paper towels to try to remove as much of the oil as possible and then put them in a pyrex lasagna dish (but, of course, any serving dish will do). Then I melt 1 stick of butter, add 3 oz. of Frank's Hot Sauce, ("...I put that s*** on EVERYTHING!") and 4 tablespoons of ranch dressing, stirring until you get a creamy consistency, and, while still hot, pour it over the chicken. OMG, it's so good and there are no bones to contend with!

That sounds really good!!!!
I did mine different, but it turned out great!
I sliced up chicken breasts in thin strips & sautéed them in a little olive oil. Then I coated them with Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce. I sliced open fresh sub rolls, put down mozzarella and provolone cheese, topped with the chicken mixture, put the tops back on and warmed them in the oven. We added ranch or blue cheese dressing. They were really good! The kids gave me permission to serve them again. ;)

....WFDT? I'm ordering a pizza and GF mussels marinara (I'll make GF pasta for the mussels for my DH)....:thumbsup2

Hey, all. I haven't been cooking a whole lot of anything special this week. Some smoked sausage, Italian mini-meatloaves, tacos, that kind of things. I'm kind of in a rut right now.

I hope everyone is well, and warm!!! :)

Hey, all. I haven't been cooking a whole lot of anything special this week. Some smoked sausage, Italian mini-meatloaves, tacos, that kind of things. I'm kind of in a rut right now.

I hope everyone is well, and warm!!! :)

Me too Lindsay. Me too. :hug:

I made up something tonight and it was actually good! :faint:
It wasn't real creative or anything, but going without a recipe is not something I do. Ever! :crazy2:

I covered chicken breasts with a package of Lipton onion soup mix & a can of chicken broth and cooked it in the crockpot until it was falling apart. I served it with my special lava sauce, brown rice & edamame.

Yummy!

I also made a pot roast and mushroom gravy in my other crockpot in case the chicken was a bust. Now we have lots left over for tomorrow nights dinner. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter