• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The What's for Dinner Thread- June 2012 (recipe index in OP)

Tuesday night. I'll bet you folks know what I had for dinner tonight......baked potatoes! :goodvibes

....WFDT? I'm slowly roasting a covered pork shoulder to make pulled pork....YUM-o!

We are back safe and sound!!!!!

I hope everyone is feeling better and eating great food..

I am hosting a friend and her husband for dinner Friday night and have no idea what to make... Anyone got an idea for me?

.....I hope you, at least, had some BACON on it....:surfweb:

I have a pesky vegetarian eating DH. No such luck!

I am hosting a friend and her husband for dinner Friday night and have no idea what to make... Anyone got an idea for me?

Something with bacon in it??? ;)

What protein/cuisine are you planning on serving?

Morning girls,

Beautiful cool morning here today. With the hopes of rain later. :cool1:

WFDT ~ American Chop Suey, corn, green salad.

Make it a great day!!

....personally, I'd say make something that's EASY, especially if you will be working all day. Pop a pkg of chicken thighs into a crock pot. Squeeze the juice of one large lemon, add 3 crushed garlic cloves and 3 oz white wine, and sprinkle with S & P, to taste. Cover and let the pot work its magic.....

....personally, I'd say make something that's EASY, especially if you will be working all day. Pop a pkg of chicken thighs into a crock pot. Squeeze the juice of one large lemon, add 3 crushed garlic cloves and 3 oz white wine, and sprinkle with S & P, to taste. Cover and let the pot work its magic.....

That sounds good!:listen:

Lindsay - I hope you're feeling better and that the asthma is under control. I have an asthmatic cough; although I don't want to admit it; so I tend to have a cough that goes forever when it starts up. That dry, hacking kind. I have been prescribed with Ventolin for it but I don't use it. It is hard with the singing. I'm not sure if you prefer a more non-traditional method but have you heard about Buteyko breathing? Like all non-traditional methods, it isn't widely supported by the conventional medical fraternity; but one of DH's nieces has had amazing results with it for her asthma.

Ellen - Nice to see you posting! I'll definitely cook for you or anyone of us Diners anytime you're in Melbourne.

Brandi - Kimmar's recipe seems ideal. Are you planning on a starter as well? Maybe an antipasto plate could be nice, to keep it simple.

WFDT? I've got some pumpkin soup. I'll be serving a Pasta Dura bread with it.

Have a great day all!

Good morning Girls,

PIO ~ Your pumpkin soup sounds good. It is kind of cool out today. Makes one think of warmer meals. :rotfl2:

Brandi ~ glad you are home. Do you use your crockpot? That would be something you could do and it would be ready when you get home and your guests arrive. I have a great chicken or roast one if you are interested, just let me know.

WFDT ~ Grilled apricot pork chops, roasted beets and sliced tomatoes.

Make it a great day.

I use my crock-pot every once in awhile, but my lid lets a lot of moisture escape and and on low everything seems to dry out, I put a temp gauge in it once and it runs very hot...

I feel like I almost have to seal it, I really don't trust it to walk away for a day!

Brandi- I make a Polynesian chicken that is so easy. I use chicken thighs, bone in usually. i give them a hard sear by using a little il, salt and pepper and tossing them into a screaming hot oven. remove them and drain off the fat. In a separate bowl combine cranberry sauce, french dressing adn onion soup mix. You can use apricot jam as well. Use this to top the chicken and then roast until they are done. Kepp basting the chicken. You can reduce teh dripping to make a nice sauce. Serve with rice. YUM!

I use my crock-pot every once in awhile, but my lid lets a lot of moisture escape and and on low everything seems to dry out, I put a temp gauge in it once and it runs very hot...

I feel like I almost have to seal it, I really don't trust it to walk away for a day!

....shame....:confused3

if I have the gumption to make Cole slaw when I get home, we'll have pulled pork wraps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter