The What's For Dinner Thread - Feb '09(recipe index in OP)

I've been reading up on vertigo and it sounds like I have a classic case of it. It got so bad last night I was throwing up. Now today I'm OK. I'm making an appt with my Dr. on Monday, apparently there is medication for it. I never want to feel like that again.

Wow...
My friend has vertigo. It's not fun from what I hear. She's had to leave work some days because it gets so bad. I hope you can get some relief soon!

Shovan - I was thinking about you and Alexis yesterday at work. My friend told me that she saw a kid that had messed himself (stomach virus going around - which I'm pretty sure I DON'T have - is so bad the kids are throwing up and uh going #2) standing in the hallway and the teacher was at the door SCREAMING at him- "YOU CAN'T COME IN HERE LIKE THAT! YOU ARE NOT COMING IN MY ROOM WITH THAT MESS!!! GET OUT!!" :scared1: I think she has a 2nd or 3rd grade class at that time; she is a "cluster" teacher and changes classes each period.

I think I'm going to go take a nap...:rolleyes:

I ended up having a horrible day yesterday. Before I left for the ball game I got extremely dizzy and stayed that way until late last night. Ok so far today, kinda scary though.

Maybe we'll try and get those poboys tonight.

Oh no! I hope they can get you something to avoid it in the future.

I am home from whirlwind, but fun, retreat. This is the strangest age. Some of them are already in that "teen" stage, where they stay up late, sleep late, and eat tons while others are still very much kids - ie, they were up at 8am, even though we got to bed after 2am, and they order off kids menu's :confused3 I didn't get much sleep but I'm not as worn out as usual. Since the "retreat" was spent driving from activity to activity, I didn't have to clean and set up as much stuff this time. :thumbsup2

I think I mentioned a day or two ago that I'm worried about my dog, Winston. He has torn part of a back toenail off. He's in a lot of pain and has been bleeding quite a bit. A friend at church is in vet school and she said the nail needs to be cut off but he won't let us go anywhere near it, and I know that'll hurt :scared: He's in bad shape. I called 12 vets when I got home to see if I could take him in and everyone is already closed. He'll have to wait until Mon unless we want to pay e-vet prices. I don't think it's er worthy. When DH gets home, we'll tackle him and put ointment on it and wrap it up so it doesn't catch on anything. I have been giving him aspirin. Now sure what else I can do :confused3

No idea on dinner. I just took a shower and don't really want to move from the couch at this point. It's gorgeous and 80 something degrees today.

Kathy -- I am glad you are feeling better today. About three years ago, I had the same thing happen to me. I was so freaked out, I went to the ER. It turned out to be some kind of weird virus. It has never happened again. I think the medicine is Antivert, but it has a lot of side effects. I didn't end up taking it.

Wendie -- I hope your cleaning diligence pays off! Kids bounce back from that stuff way faster than adults do.

Bethany -- Do they let the kids who have the stomach bug stay in school? The teacher didn't exactly handle the situation well, but wouldn't the child be sent to the nurse rather than coming back into the class?

The kids had gymnastics this morning, and then Caili wanted to go skating this afternoon. I found a rink with public skating, but when we got there, they were having a competition. Grr. Caili was upset, and Liam and I were aggravated by the complete waste of time.

We had takeout pizza for dinner.

Kathy I hope you feel better. The other day I was pretty dizzy to I just figured it was because my sinuses have been warring with me. It did finnally ease but it is very unsettling.

Aimee I hope Winston lets you help him out.

It is so messy out. Most of the snow is gone except for the large piles. We are ordering chinese instead of grilling. I need to get a refill on the propane and I don't fell like lifting it and dragging it to get filled.

Kathy, please get well adn don't push yourself. :grouphug:

Aimee, I wish your furbaby well.:)

WFD- I had a leftover meatball sub, and made DH a pepperoni and mushroom pizza. I am thinking ice cream for dessert!

:wave2: Ann

Kathy -- I am glad you are feeling better today. About three years ago, I had the same thing happen to me. I was so freaked out, I went to the ER. It turned out to be some kind of weird virus. It has never happened again. I think the medicine is Antivert, but it has a lot of side effects. I didn't end up taking it.

Kathy I hope you feel better. The other day I was pretty dizzy to I just figured it was because my sinuses have been warring with me. It did finnally ease but it is very unsettling.

Yesterday was the worst episode yet but I've had quite a few milder episodes that started last November so I am calling my Dr. first thing Monday AM. Something is wrong in my head obviously.:upsidedow

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.:grouphug:

Bethany -- Do they let the kids who have the stomach bug stay in school? The teacher didn't exactly handle the situation well, but wouldn't the child be sent to the nurse rather than coming back into the class?

If they can't reach the parents, or if the parents can't come to get them, then yes, they are sent back to class. :rolleyes:

I'm still feeling a little bit "off". I'm sooo tired lately and queasy. A bit dizzy too, but not like Kat. I woke up at 11 and since then I've taken two different naps. I'm up now but we'll see how long that lasts!

Yesterday was the worst episode yet but I've had quite a few milder episodes that started last November so I am calling my Dr. first thing Monday AM.

I do hope you find relief. Vertigo drives me nuts.

If they can't reach the parents, or if the parents can't come to get them, then yes, they are sent back to class. :rolleyes:
:scared: That would be enough to have me homeschool! Although who knows what I don't know. I just found out the other day that the school lets kids who have had lice back in if they have five or fewer nits. I thought it was a zero-nit policy, but my question is how did they come up with allowing five? :confused3

Aimee -- Poor Winston. I hope you are able to help him out until he can see the vet.

Okay, I have to go try to convince the kids to go to bed. Caili is dancing around upstairs, so it might take a while.

Yesterday was the worst episode yet but I've had quite a few milder episodes that started last November so I am calling my Dr. first thing Monday AM. Something is wrong in my head obviously.:upsidedow

Kat, hope your feeling better. Greg has had severe spells of this for years~ it started when he was in the Navy & they did a million dollar work up on him. He actually falls off the bed, his eyes roll..it's bad!
The last round was painful for me to watch.....the medicine is just a band aid for the symptoms and doesn't fix the problem. Greg's problem is a silia that on occasion dislodges. The thing that helps him the most are the exercises he has been taught & acupuncture.

Tonight my niece is supposed to have a very big part in her show (Naked Brothers Band) on Nick....so that's what is planned tonight :confused3 I better watch because I may be quizzed next weekend when I see her.

I moved my Florida house trip for 2 weeks.....I'm just not well. Tonight Greg & I had tickets for an event at the Waldorf Astoria & we won't be using them. We tried to give them away & nobody was available last minute, what a waste.

Dinner was soup & a toasted pumpernickel bagel.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Kat, hope your feeling better. Greg has had severe spells of this for years~ it started when he was in the Navy & they did a million dollar work up on him. He actually falls off the bed, his eyes roll..it's bad!
The last round was painful for me to watch.....the medicine is just a band aid for the symptoms and doesn't fix the problem. Greg's problem is a silia that on occasion dislodges. The thing that helps him the most are the exercises he has been taught & acupuncture.

Oh dear, sounds much worse than what I had yesterday. I'm thinking since I do have allergy/inner ear infection troubles that may be the root of my problem. My episodes are not frequent at all and don't usually last all that long (except yesterday) so I'm hoping the meds will do the trick.

I lit a candle for you at church today.:hug:

Hey y'all,

We had a nice day today! The weather was beautiful! Went to a market, browsed plants at home depot & went to a rest. ate outdoors.

Bethany, That's exactly the kind of reaction I was worried could happen to my girl. What an awful woman. :sad1:

Wendie, Glad Ross is getting better. I hope you stopped the germs in their tracks.

Kat, I actually hope you have an ear or sinus infection! At least they could clear it up quickly! Prayers for an answer & quick resolution! :flower3: I suffered from vertigo from as young as I can remember, it lasted till my late 20's it just went away. I get it occasionaly when my sinuses act up, but nothing like I used to have. They never could find a reason & medicine didn't help. It was awful. DD had it for a few years too, although she was given a medicine that helped some.

Aimee, I hope Winston is okay through the weekend.

Laura, 5 nits!! :scared: Yuck! WTH! A's school is 0. 5 is not gone & to me still contagious.

Tomorrow I am going with my girls to "Get our Chocolate on"! to quote Chris. :goodvibes It's a PBS local fundraiser called Chocolate Sunday. All kinds of chocolate desserts from local rests., bakeries, etc & fancy Adult beverages too!!! No one under 21 allowed. How cool does that sound! I'm just a little excited! :hyper:

This tired Mom is up yet again!!! :sad1: DS is just starting to fall asleep on the couch.

Check in tomorrow, unless I am sleeping all day.
Ann

Good Morning!

My DIS is rather slow today so I may miss something...

We wound up staying in last night, ordering in food and watching a movie. We were busy all day and just did not feel like going out.

Not sure about dinner but Tom just mentioned getting things done here and going to lunch. Maybe something quick since A will not be home until 7.

Kathy, So sorry that you had that episode of not feeling well. Like others said, it could be an ear infection or something like that so hopefully it is not vertigo. Tom has some minor episodes so I know its not fun. Glad you were feeling better yesterday.

Sheryl, I am sorry you had a rough time with the MRI...it is so damn hard to sit still in those things never mind being so closed in. I have only had one and it was on my foot so and I was a little freaked so I could only imagine what you must have felt like. I did not get the email or PM you sent. I will maybe just order that for her next time. I think I am needing a better eye cream. I noticed lots of wrinkles in the hospital mirror the other day!

Maria, You have been sick way too long...I am sorry that you had to postpone your trip and evening out. I hope Greg is taking good care of you and that today finds you a little better.

Bethany, I hope you feel better as well. This crazy weather we have been having can't help either.

Wendie, I hope Ross is feeling better too.

Ann, I hope you can get some rest today!

Aimee, I hope Winston is OK too!

Have a great day all! It is very warm here and all the snow and ice are melting...what a mess of mud in the yard...yuck!

Does anyone have a date for the WFD/Brenda's meet yet? I want to see if I can plan a long weekend and need some dates...When are all of you going? TIA!

Good morning! Today is not going to be as nice as yesterday. I was running arounnd without a coat :cheer2: At least today will still be above freezing :thumbsup2

If I can get myself motivated I'll get more propane. That migrane left me drained yesterday I never finished my errands.

Lauren Those lines around your eyes are laugh lines not wrinkles ;) I have laugh lines all over my body.:rolleyes:

That migrane left me drained yesterday I never finished my errands.

Lauren Those lines around your eyes are laugh lines not wrinkles ;) I have laugh lines all over my body.:rolleyes:

Sorry you were not feeling well...Yeah, I do laugh alot...thanks for the clarification! :thumbsup2

Good morning!

Check it out! I got up at 9:30 today! :cool1: I, too, have long to do list today because all of about nothing got done yesterday between the sleepiness, the queasiness, and the headaches. :confused3 And I have a LOT to do...cuz I leave early next Saturday for a trip. :cool1: At some point I need to do laundry and pack. Preferably some point BEFORE next Saturday. :rotfl:

Have a good day everybody!

We're going to grill some steaks this evening after the game. I'm going to make my first attempt at onion rings. We'll also have au gratin potatoes and a spinach salad.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter