• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

Hello Lauri D, you'd better get back here and post, I will hunt you down girlfriend. I think everyone else here will too!!!!!

Hello Lauri D, you'd better get back here and post, I will hunt you down girlfriend. I think everyone else here will too!!!!!

She checked in yesterday. I am pretty sure that she is really busy being back to work and is having a rough time...I think she said she is pretty sore. But yes, I would hunt her down too! ;)

We are going to MNSSHP on our trip and we are dressing up.
The plan was The Incredibles,but The Boy is too big to be Dash and too small to fit Mr Incredible.

Im gutted ( the thought of tight red lycra kinda appealed ;)) but DH and the boy...not so upset..:confused3:laughing:

So,plan B...Ghost Busters !!

This is going to go down much better because its The Boys fav film of the moment.

Im going to get the outfits but keep it hush - hush,partly for the surprise factor and partly for the cost !! :eek:

My DH has wicked eczema - it cracks and bleeds. So gross, but really icky and painful for him. He uses medicated stuff.

Those Halloween costumes sound great!

Made this for dinner, very tasty!

Goat Cheese Salmon

Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
Servings: 4

Ingredients:
4 salmon fillets
1/2 cup herbed goat cheese (I used goat cheese with chives)
1/4 cup prepared Dijon mustard mayonnaise blend
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
2. Arrange the salmon fillets in the baking dish. Make small incisions in each fillet, and stuff with equal amounts of the herbed goat cheese. Spread equal amounts prepared Dijon mustard mayonnaise blend over each fillet. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake salmon 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until easily flaked with a fork.

Evening, everyone! I'm here with my hands out begging for whatever prayers, pixie dust, good thoughts, etc., that you can send my way.

My dad went through prostate cancer 12 years ago, had it removed and has been fine, since. However, this past week, he noticed a swelling, and went to the doctor. The doctor thought it could be an infection so put dad on an antibiotic. That didn't do anything, so after some further tests, they have determined it is cancer. However they are not sure where the cancer is situated. He has a CAT scan scheduled for tomorrow to see what exactly is going on, and then they will be able to determine a course of action. The doctor is fairly sure that they've caught it early, and will be able to take care of it relatively easily. However, I'm terrified! I'm still not over losing mom, and I just don't think I can handle losing dad!

Thanks for letting me get this out, and for any prayers, etc., you can give!

Glynis, know that I will keep your Dad in my prayers. Please keep us updated and know that we are all here for you.:hug:

Glynis- I came back on tonight to talk about poor Allan and Timmy but never thought that you would have this worry too. :hug: Your Dad is in my prayers :grouphug:

And it sure did round me out :rotfl2:

Would you tell us your method? I have never cooked black beans from dried, I usually add them to a recipe so they are not standing alone.

I had planned on smothered pork chops with mashed white sweet potatoes but Buddy said no cooking tonight so who am I to argue????? It will be chicken noodle soup for me and soup and sandwiches for buddy. Welby is coming down for some soup and will leave some beef stew that she made. Nola loved the chicken rice soup I made last week so I think she will enjoy this one. Marisa still has some of that one so she is waiting for the cabbage soup I'll make next. Unless Lauri's black bean recipe makes me crave black bean soup :thumbsup2

Umm, just like I cook my red beans and white beans:rotfl:..I.m not sure its written down, I'll check and if not, I'll pull it out of my head and post it tomorrow.

Glynis, what a scary story. I'm so glad it turned out okay. I love the troll christmas gifts idea!

Sheryl that bread looks really yummy!

Lauri U - That's interesting that you cook black beans the same as red & white beans, I may have to try that. When I do black beans I tend to go the "cuban" way with cumin, oregano & vinegar.

Glynis - Keeping your Dad in my prayers.:hug:

WFD - Lemon/garlic broiled chicken, pasta and green beans.

Glynis, prayers for DF and strength for you! :grouphug:

Today, I have a make-up hair appointment (the one I missed last week). Can't wait...I am so overdue.

WFD- burgers due to my late appointment and traffic getting home from my parents.

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers! I can really feel them!

Today, I'm hanging around the house, waiting for dad to call after the CAT scan. I'll probably make some brownies or cookies while I wait. I'm a nervous baker!

Dinner tonight will be chicken parmigiana. Green salad and garlic bread on the side.

Glynis -- Good thoughts and prayers for your dad. :hug: for you.

It was so easy to, I told him he could probably learn how to make- you should have seen the fear wash over his face.
:laughing:

Laura- would be in a coma if I was out two night is a row :rotfl2:

I thought I would be too. So far, so good, though.

the relocation company will send a company here to pack.

That is good to hear! It is a lot of work, especially since Tom won't be there most of the time to help.

Glynis -- I need to use Kilz in my bathroom. I will definitely be opening a window! Scary! I did laugh about the trolls for Christmas.

I don't always read ALL the instructions.

That is my problem too. However, I would never attempt a garbage disposal install. Most of my tool use comes from putting together stuff for the kids.

is this the same one as last night that was so good you wanted to see again?

Same band, but the concert was a little different. They mixed up the setlist a bit. Enjoy your time with your mom!

I have not seen Aquaphor over here,is it something I could pick up over the counter next month ?

Yes, it is over-the-counter. Liam likes the medicated kind for the backs of his knees, but I put the regular kind on his mouth if it gets dry. Both are over-the-counter.

As for CG dress code, shorts are fine, but I would pair it with a collared shirt and nicer shoes. They don't allow beachwear, tank tops, or ripped clothing. Most people dress nice, but casual. I usually wear a skirt, a blouse and sandals...or something like that.

Kathy -- Good luck to Kyle tomorrow!

Sheryl -- It's nice to see Alexis looking like her usual self! Your food pictures look great.

We did have a great time at the concert last night. It was even better than the night before and we were right in the front row of our section again. Becky took some fabulous pictures. I am a little tired today, but not nearly as wrecked as I thought I would be.

Tonight is skating and ballet, so we will eat somewhere in between. My stomach is not appreciating all this eat-out food.

Morning Y'all,

Glynis, I am praying that your Dad gets good news today!

The bread is good!

I cook black beans either cuban style or french with a little bit of sherry added in at the end of cooking.

I'm not sure what's for dinner. Maybe Nan's lentil soup that I never did last week.

My DH has wicked eczema - it cracks and bleeds. So gross, but really icky and painful for him. He uses medicated stuff.

Has you DH considered cutting out Dairy foods ?

We were told by a Doctor to try this when the boy was a toddler and the result were amazing.

His skin is clear unless as I said he gets emotional.

I spoke to a mum at a party last week and she cut dairy from her two kids diet and she has witnessed the same effect.

Maybe worth a try !! :confused3

Today, I have a make-up hair appointment (the one I missed last week). Can't wait...I am so overdue.

I get my hair done next week for my hols...:yay: its so bad I dont have roots I have tips !! :laughing:

Have a fun day.:)

Glynis - Sendin love,good vibes and hugs ower the water for you and yours.:hug:

BBL..." have a nice day "

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter