The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

:woohoo:We are now the proud owners of a red 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT.:woohoo:

http://www.dodge.com/en/2009/grand_caravan/gallery/

We were at the dealership all afternoon, then my parents came over for dinner. Ribeyes with bearnaise and sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes, bakes sweet potato for DM, roasted asparagus, corn, bread, and apple pie with some cheddar cheese DM brought from NH.

:woohoo:We are now the proud owners of a red 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT.:woohoo:

We were at the dealership all afternoon, then my parents came over for dinner. Ribeyes with bearnaise and sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes, bakes sweet potato for DM, roasted asparagus, corn, bread, and apple pie with some cheddar cheese DM brought from NH.

Congratulations:woohoo:

We are planning WDW Nov. 14-21...we are now concerned about exposing Emma to that environment because of the Swine Flu. She is only going to be 5 months at that time and the shot is not being offered to infants under 6 months.:confused3 Luke will hopefully have his shot by then.

What would you do??? Be honest...would you go or postpone?

Hi Everyone!!

Maria:hug: I am always here! Call me!

Anne: I would ask my pediatrician what he thought. If he said No, I wouldnt go because I am afraid he would yell. Ask Nan she will tell you what happens when he yells at you!

Tonight I made burgers on the grill, corn on the cob, baked sweet potato fries for me and french fries for Kady and Jeff. Apple pie for dessert.

We have been running errands and organizing all weekend. We are trying to empty all the bins in the storage room in the basement because Jeff and I are both off this week. So we started already today. We do a little cleaning and run off for some more items we need.

Have a great night everyone!

Congratulations!! That is wonderful. I love the new car smell. Have a sniff for me please. :lmao:

We are planning WDW Nov. 14-21...we are now concerned about exposing Emma to that environment because of the Swine Flu. She is only going to be 5 months at that time and the shot is not being offered to infants under 6 months.:confused3 Luke will hopefully have his shot by then.

I would let my Doctor know my concerns and let him make that decision. It is suppose to be a really bad winter for the flu. I so understand your concerns.

Hi Everyone!!

Tonight I made burgers on the grill, corn on the cob, baked sweet potato fries for me and french fries for Kady and Jeff. Apple pie for dessert.

We have been running errands and organizing all weekend. We are trying to empty all the bins in the storage room in the basement because Jeff and I are both off this week. So we started already today. We do a little cleaning and run off for some more items we need.

Have a great night everyone!

Your dinners sounds great. Have a great week off. I hope there is some fun planned in there somewhere.

Well my house is very quiet once again. Matthew left for school about an hour ago. We did have a great weekend. Kind of quiet but nice none the less.

WFDT ~ I fixed a rump roast, carrots, potatoes, gravy and a raspberry, blueberry and strawberry jello salad. All of the left overs went to school with Matthew.

I hopw you all enjoy the rest of your evening. Nighty night.

Very nice, congratulations! :yay:

That's is one of the vans I would love to have when I have to buy a new one. Although I don't have kids I love having a mini-van, I can load up all the neices and godsons, flip the seats down after a trip to IKEA if need be and don't have the gas guzzling of a SUV. :rotfl:

Got crabs for dinner tonight. Tomorrow is going to be a long, long day. I am hoping it will be less stress then years past though, our numbers are higher then in previous years and I am hoping that means that everyone got it done early and there will be less registration tomorrow.

I am determined to come home from work and cook a good dinner. Have to find the salmon in the freezer and will have that with orzo and some roasted beets and onions.

I don't know what could be causing your pain, but I would call your primary care doctor first. You don't want to pay for the dental visit if it is not a dental problem.

Yeah, my PCP is only a $20 copay. Hmmm.

I don't think you'd have upper and lower pain from an abcess. My thought is that you might be grinding your teeth in your sleep, especially since you were/are having pain from your condition. You could be mashing your jaw and not even know it. You need to watch this, you can crack your molars if you keep grinding. If you are taking vicodin for the pain you really should go get looked at, even if you don't have insurance.

I'm usually a mouth breather due to allergy issues but you may be right.

:cool1:

Can you afford to wait until closer? I just wonder if the swine flu will be as bad as originally thought... you know? I would, personally, plan to wait until the last possible moment and then visit with my Ped on her safety in such a public place. Just to see if things go the way they think they will.

I am not having to take 2 Vicodin for relief and it still is a little painful so I have an issue that I cannot put off regardless of the price. It's killing me. Plus the med really changes my personality - I am very irritated on it. This morning, I woke up thanks to the pain and took a Vicodin before getting in the shower. I led in worship and that Vicodin makes me SO SLEEPY that I was barely awake through it :eek: I told the guy on the platform next to me to please jab me if I start to fall asleep. It was the longest sermon ever :laughing: My eyes were crosseyed I was trying so hard to fight sleep! I hate that feeling.

My dad was over today and he rode around with DH on the golf course all afternoon. We went out for BBQ with a B1G1 free coupon. It was okay. I just don't feel well.

Ann :woohoo::woohoo:You are going to have a nice ride!

I would ask my pediatrician about the trip. H1N1 seems to be contracted by contact and it is next to impossible to keep little hands from touching everything that is within reach. I know that when H1N1 was detected in Kady's school Nola's Dr said that she could not enter. She was too little. I would also be concerned about Luke. You will be better able to keep Emma's little hands from touching every railing, banister and seat in reach than you will with Luke's fast fingers and I would wonder about the effectiveness of a vaccine that has not been fully tested.

I am not a flu freak and do not get my bloomers in a bunch over it but Luke is not a daycare kid so he is not exposed to so much on a daily basis and has probably not developed immunities to all those kid germs. Ask the Dr.

DOnny is coming over tonight after he gets out of work. I have been guilting him for a few weeks and finally it worked. We are having a spoon roast cooked with Mrs Liam's recipe. I think I will have mashed potatoes and gravy too along with some veggies and a salad and garlic bread.

Kady's room is "clear water" blue. Very pretty. She wants a "sea" theme

That sounds really pretty! Good luck finding the bedding.

Ann -- Congratulations on the new vehicle! As far as your vacation, I would ask your pediatrician and I would also wait as long as I could to make the final decision. I think everyone will have a clearer picture on what the flu season is going to be like once all the kids have returned to school.

Aimee -- Please call your doctor. You shouldn't be trying to manage pain like that on your own.

It's a pretty day here, so we'll probably have something on the grill. I have to go get more gas for it though.

Here is a photo of yesterday's linner. Grilled cheese stuffed-bacon wrapped chicken on corn risotto with a tomato=parmesean salsa. it was really good.

3871604533_37020cb61b.jpg

Good Morning....

Ann~ so happy you purchased your new car!!! Best of luck with it~

I don't know what I would do about the Swine flu & Disney. I'm sure the Mom's will give you much better insight. I will share that DM is on disaster team & they have been having weekly meetings at the hospital about the flu. They have such a concern about the fall they are setting up tents outside the hospital, if you show signs of flu you will go into the "tent" so you don't risk infecting patients in the hospital.
*The other thing is they are expecting a shortage of the vaccine so the concern about other people in the parks that should be home resting will insist on spreading the flu in the parks.:confused3

Nan~enjoy Donny tonight. I'll talk to you later.

Marissa~ Take pictures of Kady's room. Did you see that new paint with sand in it? You could paint starfish & shells!!!

Vick~ just put my cell on.....it was off all weekend & received your text, you brought tears to my eyes. Thank you:hug: your the best.

Aimee, hope your feeling better. Please don't drive on the Vicodin.

Ellen, sending you prayers. I know you miss Matthew.

Lily is back on medication.

I will read back today, I can't imagine what I've missed.

Saturday night as leftovers from the party. Last night we had turkey burgers with jalepenos & jack cheese in the burger & sweet potato fries.

Tonight will be t-bones, salad & baked potatoes.

Going to make an attempt to catch up here...

Aimee - I would go to your PCP soon and hopefully it will be an easy situation to resolve. I HATE taking pain meds.

Ann - Congrats on the new wheels...very nice! I would ask the pediatrician for advice on the flu/vacation.

Bethany - I'm so proud of you....meatballs & spaghetti!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Nan - Enjoy your evening with Donny...guilting works.;)

Maria - Keeping you and Greg in my thoughts and prayers.:hug:

Becky - That chicken dish looked fantastic!!!

Sorry if I missed anyone or anything, I'm kinda goofy/spacy today.:confused3

WFD - White beans & rice, grilled chicken sausages and a salad.

Hey Y'all,

Sorry I'm so far behind on here. We had a nice Sunday, church & lunch out with DD. Alexis had a meltdown in church, so they didn't join us for lunch. DH & I went to a free wine tasting at World Market, managed to buy only 4 bottles.;)

Don't know what's for dinner, my housekeeper :-)banana: Doesn't that sound nice!) will be coming this afternoon, so I'll probably go grocery shopping while she's here. Even though the dr. cleared me, mopping has been quite a painful chore for years. So I will have her come less often, but as long as we can swing it

Where did you get your dinner from?

Bethany, There is a good sandwich shop on Barataria, Chateau Orleans. They have great roast beef & meatball poboys.

Glad you're feeling better!

Anyone have a suggestion/thought for me? A week or two ago, I got this really bad toothache/mouthache.

I would go to your doctor first, that will cost less & they should be able to point you in the right direction. I wouldn't put heat on it, if it's an abcess or inflammation it could make it worse, try ice.:hug:

Yeah!! :yay: DH's van is the Dodge equivalent to that the Chrysler Town & Country. Our 2nd one & they have been good trouble free vehicles for us. I love the look of the new ones! I hope your's gives you years of good service!

I would ask your pediatrician. I'm sort of a germaphobe so I tend to over protect the little ones.

Here is a photo of yesterday's linner. Grilled cheese stuffed-bacon wrapped chicken on corn risotto with a tomato=parmesean salsa. it was really good.

3871604533_37020cb61b.jpg

Oh my that looks delicious! Simple ingredients turned into something really special! :worship: Did you have a recipe for that?

I don't know what I would do about the Swine flu & Disney. I'm sure the Mom's will give you much better insight. I will share that DM is on disaster team & they have been having weekly meetings at the hospital about the flu. They have such a concern about the fall they are setting up tents outside the hospital, if you show signs of flu you will go into the "tent" so you don't risk infecting patients in the hospital.
*The other thing is they are expecting a shortage of the vaccine so the concern about other people in the parks that should be home resting will insist on spreading the flu in the parks.:confused3

How are you doing? Really? My prayers are with you & Doug. :hug:

On the H1N1. I saw the letter that went out to local hospital staff. CDC is actually recommending that Doctors tell thier patients to stay home instead of going into the office & exposing more people! I don't like that one bit!

Yeah!! :yay: DH's van is the Dodge equivalent to that the Chrysler Town & Country. Our 2nd one & they have been good trouble free vehicles for us. I love the look of the new ones! I hope your's gives you years of good service!

Funny you should mention the Town & Country :lmao:...buying a vehicle is like planning a vacation with my DH. As many of you know he changes a ton of times and likes to upgrade. Well today we have put the Dodge on a temporary hold for 24 hours. We are going to look at a beautiful 2009 Chrysler Town & Country Touring Edition. It is a more expensive vehicle with slightly more bells and whistles, but there is a $5,000 cash back right now on 2009. :woohoo: So depending what the dealer is willing to workout, we might be able to get a little better vehicle for the same payment...Stay tuned for the next episode of as the Minivan Turns!!!! Dh is also trying to wheel and deal in the DVD system for road trips to WDW, gotta love him.

Wish me luck, either way hopefully I will be driving one of these beautiful vans by the end of the week.

Both our phones have been ringing off the hook, because the Dodge dealer is in a panic.

Good afternoon ladies,

We spent a very quiet weekend. College football starts next weekend so we needed to rest up. Whenever we have a home game we will travel to Lincoln, we are season tickt holders so we can't miss a game ya know. GO BIG RED!!!

Tonight I am trying a new recipe, if it is any good I will post it. It is a chicken salad with corn, beans, etc. and marinaded. I will serve it with chips. We shall see.

Love and hugs to you all!!

Make it a great day my friends.

Funny you should mention the Town & Country :lmao:...buying a vehicle is like planning a vacation with my DH. As many of you know he changes a ton of times and likes to upgrade. Well today we have put the Dodge on a temporary hold for 24 hours. We are going to look at a beautiful 2009 Chrysler Town & Country Touring Edition. It is a more expensive vehicle with slightly more bells and whistles, but there is a $5,000 cash back right now on 2009. :woohoo: So depending what the dealer is willing to workout, we might be able to get a little better vehicle for the same payment...Stay tuned for the next episode of as the Minivan Turns!!!! Dh is also trying to wheel and deal in the DVD system for road trips to WDW, gotta love him.

Wish me luck, either way hopefully I will be driving one of these beautiful vans by the end of the week.

Both our phones have been ringing off the hook, because the Dodge dealer is in a panic.

:laughing: That's funny, last week it was the Toyota wasn't it? We ended up with the Town & Country again, because of a cash back offer! The first one we had, we bought used. So when we first started looking the cost was just too high, so we lucked out!

Ok, here it is from me. I went through the same thing in June when we went to Disneyland. Timothy was 6 months old, but there was no vaccine, then. I was terrified that he'd be infected, but as things went, I really shouldn't have worried. At 5-6 months old, she's not going to be out of the stroller, or your arms, much at all! Keep your hands disinfected, and you should be fine. We took disinfecting wipes, spray and thoroughly cleaned our hotel room. We also took gel and disinfecting wipes to the parks, and had the kids (and us) clean our hands often as we were going from ride to ride.

Seriously, I was really watching, and Timothy never put his hands on any of the ride bars, or anything else. He was a lot easier to keep clean than his siblings were.

I would not cancel the trip! Just be careful, and make sure you are washing your hands as much as you can.

I would go ahead and talk to you pediatrician. We did, and he told us to go ahead, but to be vigilant about washing our hands, etc. We were and came home just fine. It was when we were back at home, and had let our guard down that we all got the swine flu.

Hi, everyone. It's been a long day! Timothy has been running a low grade fever off and on all day long. It's made him grumpy and he wants me to hold him. So, not a lot has gotten done at my house. Luckily, Katie is home, now, and he'll let her hold him for a while.

Dinner tonight is up in the air. Alan is covering a fire, and we're not sure at this point if he'll be home for dinner or not. If he comes home at the usual time, we'll grill some hamburgers. If not, I'll just do spaghetti for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter