• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

Still haven't caught up, got home just a little while ago and I am sooooo sleepy! It was fun playing out in the pool in the semi-dark. He lives on the outskirts of Baltimore so it is not too dark out there.

Well Buddy made out okay at the Dr. He said that she rushes him out but not today ;) He does not have any stones which is good and his PSA's are fine. She thinks it may be sciatica. He also has diverticulosis but she doubts that is radiating the pain. He is to go for a colonoscopy to rule it out though.

Once he started discussing the pain, which he tried to say was better it sure sounded like sciatica to me. He drives a truck but is very cramped in the cab so we'll see.

I'm relieved for him that it's not a kidney stone but having no clear answers is frustrating, too.

Yes, we are going to the service. It is just going to be all of us, DSS, the ex-wife in law :lmao: with her sister and mother. They are all going out to eat after but we will not be attending due to my in law issues who are going to that. We are taking them out to eat the next day to celebrate.

--------
Has anyone heard from Vickie???

I'm glad you're going - even admist the issues.

My meeting was 3 HOURS so I got in after 10pm. A kid is having surgery early tomorrow so I have to be out of the house by 6:15 a.m. :eek:

My meeting was 3 HOURS so I got in after 10pm. A kid is having surgery early tomorrow so I have to be out of the house by 6:15 a.m. :eek:

Sending prayers and positives thoughts to this poor child.

-------------

Morning all, Emma is asleep in her swing and DS is still in bed. Thought I would pop in to catch up.:surfweb: It is nice ot have a quite cup of coffee.

I think today I am going to have to chauffeur DM around to a couple of stores. DF is tired and sore after their vacation.

I spoke to soon Luke just strolled in with his blankie in tow.

BBL

I'm relieved for him that it's not a kidney stone but having no clear answers is frustrating, too.

A kid is having surgery early tomorrow so I have to be out of the house by 6:15 a.m. :eek:

There are no clear answers because he never told her everything. All she had was the lower back pain. He was ready to leave and said he was better almost no pain. Are you kidding me?????????????? You could not lift your leg to shift and you are fine?????????????????? Once I told her some of his symptoms and she made him elaborate she had a different picture. He told me he felt rushed like cattle being herded in and out but I have never had that experience so I was :confused3 She is a fast talker but she was not rushing him, she was just working on what her told her.

I hope the little one is okay today!

I think today I am going to have to chauffeur DM around to a couple of stores. DF is tired and sore after their vacation.

How is your Dad doing?

I miss the blankie days :sad1:

I hae sirloin steak thawed out so we will have that on the grill with maybe some steamed squash and a salad. I want to make some sort of grain.

Nancy - Hoping Buddy gets some answers soon.:hug:

Aimee - Hoping the child's surgery goes well.

Ann - I miss blankie days too.:cloud9:

WFD - Lauren's balsamic chicken, pasta and spinach salad.

Have a great day all!

Nan, thanks for asking about Dad. He is about the same, very sore. Something he is just going to have to live with. I shed a few tears yesterday talking with DH about him. DF has always done well for his age but this just seems to have knocked him for a loop. I am dreading the fall because Dad was always very active with high school football and would go to games every Friday and Saturday during football season. He just can't do the long walks to the fields or the bleachers anymore. I worry about him getting down. He insisted on coming outside yesterday to see Luke in the sprinkler.
I know he really looks forward to Luke's visits.

Sending good thought to Buddy.

The beer can chicken was very good. I have lots leftover that I am going to have to thik of something to do with. I have photos but have not uploaded them yet.

Tonight we are just having some antipasto stuff that I picked up at Whole Foods because I have a hair appointment after work and won't have time to cook.

Nancy, I hope Buddy feels better soon.
Aimee, I hope you FINALLY get your meds!
Glynis, did I say welcome back yet? I don't think so...welcome back!
Ann, I love the Wooden Soldier catalog. I would always look for ideas for holiday dresses for Caili in there.
Kathy, you are going to be the most loved mom! College boys need lots of food. :)

Nan, thanks for asking about Dad. He is about the same, very sore. Something he is just going to have to live with. I shed a few tears yesterday talking with DH about him. DF has always done well for his age but this just seems to have knocked him for a loop. I am dreading the fall because Dad was always very active with high school football and would go to games every Friday and Saturday during football season. He just can't do the long walks to the fields or the bleachers anymore. I worry about him getting down. He insisted on coming outside yesterday to see Luke in the sprinkler.

Ann, your poor Dad......would he ever consider a scooter to get out to the field? Would hate for him to miss something he loves so much.
Vickie has been posting on FB so I know she is well.
Love Wooden Soldier! I think there is an outlet in Conway, NH...I think that was the one I was in...wished there was one closer.

Nan, I know you must be frustrated with Buddy not having a concrete diagnosis. I read back to you beach story!:rotfl:

Greg came out of a bathroom at the Jersey shore with a look of death on his face a few years ago, when I asked him what was wrong he said a very old gentleman tossed his "bits & pieces" into the sink to wash the sand off~ that also cracked me up:rotfl:

Aimee~ let us know how the surgery worked out, poor thing. How are you feeling today?

Lauri, so glad to see you on FB!

Yesterday my MIL had her knee replacement & she is doing well. They are going to play it day to day as to therapy & rehab.

Dinner last night was turkey burgers with spinach & garlic, grilled tomatoes, roasted garlic & french bread.

Dinner is up in the air.....bbl

Has he tried some kind of pain management therapy? It is horrendous to live with that kind of pain. I know some people who have benefited with chronic pain from the therapy.

Aimee~ let us know how the surgery worked out, poor thing. How are you feeling today?

The sweet girl that had surgery this morning was quite upset when I saw her. She was very nervous and scared - just bawling and shaking. They gave her some happy juice, which calmed her a little but she still lost it when it was time to roll away from her mom. It was a 3 hour procedure so I should be hearing soon how it went.

I still haven't heard from the pharmacy...

Tonight we're having chicken salad club sandwiches. DH has a dinner meeting but I really need to use this chicken before it goes bad.

Hey y'all,

It's the last day of summer. No big plans.

We had beer can chicken here also. Well actually a diet 7up can filled w/white wine. It was good.

Leftovers tonight.

Ann, I'm sorry about your Dad.:hug:

Nancy, I'm glad Buddy doesn't have kidney stones but sciatica is no fun either. I hope that the dr can figure it out, since Buddy is stuck on being the tough guy. :hug:

Maria, Prayers for your MIL.:hug:

I agree with Maria's suggestion. My Dad loved his scooter, it dramatically increased his quality of life.

Yesterday my MIL had her knee replacement & she is doing well. They are going to play it day to day as to therapy & rehab.

Continued prayers for a successful rehab!

The sweet girl that had surgery this morning was quite upset when I saw her. She was very nervous and scared - just bawling and shaking. They gave her some happy juice, which calmed her a little but she still lost it when it was time to roll away from her mom. It was a 3 hour procedure so I should be hearing soon how it went.

Poor baby, hope all is well.

Kat- we got my Mom a little scooter too. I was the difference between her going to the kids games and not going. The wheel chair was way too hard and with the scooter she was independent. She would jump on it and visit the neighbors or could

Has anyone made bread from the Amish Friendship Starter? Do I have to make a sweet bread with it? I found one recipe for french bread from starter, but it wasn't very clear whether or not it was the same starter?:confused3

Kat- we got my Mom a little scooter too. I was the difference between her going to the kids games and not going. The wheel chair was way too hard and with the scooter she was independent. She would jump on it and visit the neighbors or could

I'm glad that the scooter worked for you & Kat's parents! We had gotten one for Bob's Mom, she told us she was using it. About 8 months later we learned from his sister, that she had not wanted to use it at all. Then when she did decide to use it, the battery wouldn't charge because they had not charged for months. She was a strong, determined woman, but oh so stubborn.

This is my Dad to a "T"...his pride gets in the way alot. :rolleyes::sad2:

WFD- burgers with portabellas and swiss, corn on the cob

I kind of figured that from your description of him. I really hope he is not as stubborn as my MIL was. :hug:

Sheryl i only knew about the sweet version with the Amish starter.:confused3 I got tired of doing it so I got rid of all the starter.

Has anyone made bread from the Amish Friendship Starter? Do I have to make a sweet bread with it? I found one recipe for french bread from starter, but it wasn't very clear whether or not it was the same starter?:confused3

Sheryl i only knew about the sweet version with the Amish starter.:confused3 I got tired of doing it so I got rid of all the starter.

I was going to say the same thing. I ended up getting rid of the starter myself because everyone I gave it to forgot to do anything with it. :sad2:

:hug: to anyone who needs it, too busy this week at work and haven't been home enough to be able to properly catch up.

Not sure what is for dinner tonight but I have to make a sour cream peach pie tonight before my coworker hurts me. :rotfl: I promised her on last week and haven't been able to make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter