The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

Sheryl Rest up :hug: You don't need to get sicker. Keep Bob healthy too. I think this is going to be a long flu season especially since it seems to have started so early.

Lauri
I can just see the look on my husband's face when boxes of leaves start arriving at my door!!!
Is this a YES!:idea: I have a old computer box ;)
You have Aussie don't you? My Hershey is part Aussie he doesn't like it when I yell at the Tv either. I wonder if that is something with the breed?

I better go find something for dinner or Alex may be chewing on my arm.

I'm feeling a lot better. But I think it's the steroid "high". My throat still hurts, still choked up, super tired, but somewhere in there is better. :confused3:laughing: My stomach got messed up yesterday too, but feels better today. (The dr said that was the only syptom I didn't have for the swine flu, so I'm assuming it is flu.)
My daughter has been a Godsend, she called around & got me into a dr yesterday, took over Alexis duty yesterday & today! DH his dinner & all I had to do this morning was get him off to work. Then back to sleep until noon! I'm sad about not having Alexis today, it's her birthday & she was student of the week. So DD got to bring the cupcakes to school & the poster and other stuff. Silly that I'm sad about it, cause it would have been way too hard to do.

Glad you seem to be turning the corner on it :hug: And happy birthday to Miss Alexis!!! :yay:

We are doing taco tuesday :laughing:

We are doing taco tuesday :laughing:

My dinner plans changed, too. Instead of the tuna melts, we ordered pizza. I discovered that I only have 1 can of tuna, and that won't feed the 6 of us. So, pizza tonight, sammies tomorrow.

Sheryl-Please rest and get well! Happy Birthday wishes to Miss Alexis!

Dinner turned out to be leftovers pasta and turkey from Sunday

So are we doing our holiday card exchange again??? Christmas will be here before we all know it.

I was just wondering about this the other day!

I can just see the look on my husband's face when boxes of leaves start arriving at my door!!! :rotfl::lmao:

I'm a bit tired from being up so late watching the Saints beat the dirty birds. I watched the last 3 minutes from behind a pillow, but am greatful my screams didn't wake up Bob or Erin. The dogs had even deserted me for the bed, although I expected that from Fish who is skittish and hates football season in my house!! I try really hard not to get too carried away, because I hate that it upsets her, but sometimes I just can't help it. ;)

Seriously?!? Someone is mailing you leaves! I missed that. :lmao::rotfl2:

Anabelle likes it. She will sit and watch the whole game. When it's getting good, she'll stand up on all fours in the chair and stare at the tv. I swear she's even growled before. :rotfl: When it's not going so good, she'll flop down in the chair and look pathetic. :rotfl: :laughing:

I know I missed a ton of people. I was not hitting the multi-quote as I went along or taking notes. :sad2: There is a lot of illness going around. I'm going to give a virtual hug to y'all, they are GERM FREE!! :grouphug:

Good morning!

I'd love to do the holiday card exchange again!

WFD - Grilled pork chops, wild rice and spinach salad.

Good morning! If we are doing cards again, I would like to join this year. I didn't last year because I was toooo lazy!! :laughing: Here's last night's dinner, greek salad in pita pockets and oven baked fries:

4074192780_563e8079f7.jpg

Tonight is either tonkatsu chicken or seared scallops with lemon sauce, depending on whether I have time to go to the fish store after work.

Sheryl, I hope you are feeling better today! And Happy belated Birthday to Alexis. :)

Good morning! If we are doing cards again, I would like to join this year. I didn't last year because I was toooo lazy!! :laughing:

Janice has the master list, I'll bet if we ask nice she'll update it and send it out to everyone again!:flower3:

Janice has the master list, I'll bet if we ask nice she'll update it and send it out to everyone again!:flower3:

Please Please Please :worship::worship::worship:

I hope today brings the end of all those bugs going around! I have to get some housework done. Welby did such a great job of putting cobwebs up all over the house that it seems like a light is on in here today! They were a dog to get rid of and I am afraid that someone walking in will walk into stray strands and get tangled up! The decorations are all down, inside and out and a lot of the linens are washed, I just need to clean under it all and tehn pack the rest away.

Dinner is up in the air, I have to cook because we finished up all the leftovers :yay: Buddy needed to buy a sandwich yesterday and again today but he was not complaining. No whole grain bread and low fat meat if I am not in charge of his lunch :lmao:

I'd like to be in the card exchange this year as well. I was MIA last year when the list was made up! I love Christmas cards!

Not much going on here cooking wise. I made easy baked chicken parm Sunday night, Monday was MNF at a friends and then last night was a crockpot meal. I think tonight is going to be homemade mac and cheese. I say "hopefully" b/c Matthew's bday is Saturday and we are not done gift shopping. We really need to get out tonight, but I gotta find someone to watch the kiddos. Any takers? ;)

Sheryl--glad to hear you are feeling better! Get some rest and let your body take time to heal! Oh, btw, did my check get there yet?

Ok, time to get the boy to school!

Good morning! If we are doing cards again, I would like to join this year. I didn't last year because I was toooo lazy!! :laughing: Here's last night's dinner, greek salad in pita pockets and oven baked fries:

4074192780_563e8079f7.jpg

Tonight is either tonkatsu chicken or seared scallops with lemon sauce, depending on whether I have time to go to the fish store after work.

Sheryl, I hope you are feeling better today! And Happy belated Birthday to Alexis. :)

Have you posted the Greek salad recipe? It looks so good!!!

I'd love to do the Christmas cards again! I love getting "real" mail from all my friends!

Dinner here is undecided at this point. Alan and I are going to dinner with a prospective client. Alan did a small bit of videography/editing for them, and now they want to hire him to edit a 2 hour documentary. This company is the largest publishing company in Utah, and they like to release documentaries in conjunction with large books. So, we're going to dinner to hammer out the details! I'm really hopeful that this works out, as they would be a great client to have permanently!

So, I've got to figure out what the babysitter can fix for the kids. Katie is going ice skating with the church youth group, so I've got to come up with something fast and easy. I'll let you know when I decide!

:santa: Holiday Notice:santa:

Any new people or no so new peeps that moved, who want to join the Holiday card exchange. Pm me your name and address. I would love to do this again. I love this kind of mail.:woohoo:

Any new people or no so new peeps that moved, who want to join the Holiday card exchange. Pm me your name and address. I would love to do this again. I love this kind of mail.:woohoo:

Sign m up again too! I was just thinking about this the other day while looking through Oriental Trading for some cruise stuff- found something perfect to send as cards!

:grouphug:

Hi from cold NY!:upsidedow

Thank you Janice:santa:
I loved sending cards to my Dis family last year:goodvibes

I came on to post my stuffed pork & pumpkin soup but I will let some more posts buffer me from Becky:rotfl:

Hope everyone is feeling better.....this has not been a good fall, praying for a better winter for all.

I'm missing so much on FB, I think I've done something wrong that I don't get updates on status.

Emily was hired for Billy Elliott but in Chicago. Rehearsals start in Jan. & opening night would be in April. There is a major hitch. Emily's Dad is now very angry & stomping around the house that it's not NYC. If he puts his foot down she won't be able to go & I have to say she has worked so hard & for so may years he will stop her dream. Breaking her spirit doesn't work for me but I need to keep my mouth shut & be on call for Chicago. Right now the entire thing is very bittersweet....

bbl

Thank you!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Gretchen, sorry that you are now having to deal with vertigo. Could it be connected to the flu somehow; maybe there's still congestion somewhere causing it? In any case, I hope you feel better soon.

Gretchen - Are you feeling better?

Lauri, I think it was the remaining congestion problem that caused the vertigo, but I'm feeling much better now, thanks to both of you for asking.

Thanks I'm being good! I won't give you or Nancy anything to fuss about!

I hope you feel even better today and please with the princess a happy belated birthday for me.

Dinner is up in the air, I have to cook because we finished up all the leftovers :yay: Buddy needed to buy a sandwich yesterday and again today but he was not complaining. No whole grain bread and low fat meat if I am not in charge of his lunch :lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Count me in again please. However, I don't know if I'll have time to do packages this year. You all may have to make do with a card. Sorry. :guilty:

Emily was hired for Billy Elliott but in Chicago. Rehearsals start in Jan. & opening night would be in April. There is a major hitch. Emily's Dad is now very angry & stomping around the house that it's not NYC. If he puts his foot down she won't be able to go & I have to say she has worked so hard & for so may years he will stop her dream. Breaking her spirit doesn't work for me but I need to keep my mouth shut & be on call for Chicago. Right now the entire thing is very bittersweet....

bbl

Oh Maria, I hope her Dad calms down and lets her have the opportunity she has worked so hard for. :hug:

Tonight's dinner is a mystery. Mom said she was bringing dinner over tonight. :banana:

:flower3:Thank You Janice for doing the christmas card list so kind of you. It sounds so fun. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter