• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

Hi All,

I am 100% officially canceled. I want you all to have a wonderful time & have one (or two) for us!!!!!

(The dining reservations have my maiden name which I will send to a few of you in a PM).

Much Love!!!!!

NO!!!!:sad1: I called your cell and home #'s. I'm so sad.....

Hi All,

I am 100% officially canceled. I want you all to have a wonderful time & have one (or two) for us!!!!!

(The dining reservations have my maiden name which I will send to a few of you in a PM).

Much Love!!!!!

What????? Noooooooo! I'm only gone for a couple days and now this. :( so sad!

Not sure about dinner tonight. We are going to a concert at our church and need to leave here about 5. Probably drive-thru.

What????? Noooooooo! I'm only gone for a couple days and now this. :( so sad!

I'm so sad!

First, they canceled my Mom's time off because of the Swine Flu, then they moved Greg's time yesterday so we changed airfare last night & finally he called this morning & said he couldn't go at all.
I just couldn't justify the room cost for myself.........I was only using points for one night so I canceled.

Oh Maria! :hug: That is crappy that they can take vacation time that has been scheduled and approved away.

Well you are welcome to join our pity party I will pour you a drink :hug:

I'm so sad!

First, they canceled my Mom's time off because of the Swine Flu, then they moved Greg's time yesterday so we changed airfare last night & finally he called this morning & said he couldn't go at all.
I just couldn't justify the room cost for myself.........I was only using points for one night so I canceled.

I am so sad my friend, I was so looking forward to meeting you and having fun with you.:sad1:

I am so disappointed for you Maria...welcome to the pity party crew! Well, we will just have to plan meet in the future!!! hugs, XoXo

Now the question is who is in charge of Kathy??? Lauren or Gretchen????

I am so disappointed for you Maria...welcome to the pity party crew! Well, we will just have to plan meet in the future!!! hugs, XoXo

Now the question is who is in charge of Kathy??? Lauren or Gretchen????

I noticed you left out Sheryl and Vickie.;) They may wild her up.:rotfl:

Look what I found browsing the web

Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Breakfast Rolls

2 packages/cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

4 0z cream cheese, softened

1/4 Cup brown sugar

1/4 Cup canned pumkin (Libby’s)

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll crescent rolls to form 4 rectangles placed side by side. Pinch seams together to form one long rectangle. Place cream cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg into a mixer; beat until well combined. Spread mixture over crescents leaving a 1/2 inch border around edges. Starting at long end, roll up then cut into 1 inch pieces. Place around 2 9 inch cake pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. I left the centers open so the rolls form a circle.

2. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Frost warm rolls with cream cheese frosting recipe below.

Frosting

4 oz softened cream cheese

1/2 Cup powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 Tablespoon canned pumpkin (Libby’s)

1. Mix all ingredients into a large bowl until smooth. Spread over warm rolls.

just stay clear of all waterways please!!!!;) And enjoy that vacation.:cool1:
You and all the other lucky ladies will be missed. Have a Welsh Dragon in the UK, a smoothie in France and a tropical concoction at the Poly for me. And be sure to give Vicki a big hug from me.

Send Me To The Milky Way Cookies

2 sticks softened butter
¾ Cup sugar
¾ Cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ¾ Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
35 mini milky way and 3 musketeer candy bars, coarsely chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream the butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined, scraping edges with a spatula. In a separate large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chopped candy bars.

2. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until cooked to your preference. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack

Believe it or not I really am looking for dinner ideas not cakes and cookies ;)

I noticed you left out Sheryl and Vickie.;) They may wild her up.:rotfl:

Look what I found browsing the web

Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Breakfast Rolls

2 packages/cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

4 0z cream cheese, softened

1/4 Cup brown sugar

1/4 Cup canned pumkin (Libby’s)

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll crescent rolls to form 4 rectangles placed side by side. Pinch seams together to form one long rectangle. Place cream cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg into a mixer; beat until well combined. Spread mixture over crescents leaving a 1/2 inch border around edges. Starting at long end, roll up then cut into 1 inch pieces. Place around 2 9 inch cake pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. I left the centers open so the rolls form a circle.

2. Bake for 28-30 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Frost warm rolls with cream cheese frosting recipe below.

Frosting

4 oz softened cream cheese

1/2 Cup powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 Tablespoon canned pumpkin (Libby’s)

1. Mix all ingredients into a large bowl until smooth. Spread over warm rolls.

Send Me To The Milky Way Cookies

2 sticks softened butter
¾ Cup sugar
¾ Cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ¾ Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
35 mini milky way and 3 musketeer candy bars, coarsely chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream the butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined, scraping edges with a spatula. In a separate large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chopped candy bars.

2. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until cooked to your preference. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack

Believe it or not I really am looking for dinner ideas not cakes and cookies ;)

Keep them coming my stomach is growling for a sweet right now!

Hey y'all,

I'm sorry I've been so busy all day packing, errands, etc. I'm so sad Maria won't be going!!!! :sad1: Where's the crying not smilie face! I was so looking forward to meeting you. :sad1:

I'm bringing my computer & will try to update y'all on all the fun! We leave very early tomorrow.

What's a Welsh Dragon?!

Can't wait to get there & meet some of you! I'll be wishing all of you were with us!:grouphug:

So sad that Maria isn't going to be able to join us! Boo! I know all about employers refusing time off for odd reasons, i.e. My time around turkey day not being approved.

Not much else going on. Not packed yet, so tomorrow will be a busy day for me. Can't wait to see ya'll in a couple days.

So sad that Maria isn't going to be able to join us! Boo! I know all about employers refusing time off for odd reasons, i.e. My time around turkey day not being approved.

Not much else going on. Not packed yet, so tomorrow will be a busy day for me. Can't wait to see ya'll in a couple days.

Can't wait to see you too!:goodvibes

I'm so sad!

aww, I'm really sorry you had to cancel. :sad2: :hug:

To everyone going, have a great time!! And Vegas rules are not allowed, you all need to share details and pictures!!

Kathy - I'll try and help Aimee keep track of recipes.

Laura - glad you are feeling better.

Janice - those recipes look really good!

Becky, I'll add my request to the rest for the sweet potato cake recipe.

Dinner tonight was meatballs and spagetti.

Dinner will be a smoked chicken, duck & andouille gumbo Chris made!! She's trying to redo the yummy one from our fest. We'll see how she did!:goodvibes
DH is on his way home in a rotten mood & I'm stressed over packing. Both bad signs for a good evening. I sure hope that gumbo soothes the savage soul!;)

Oooohh......how was it? Did it sooth the savage soul? It shut me up for a bit. :lmao:

Hi All,

Much Love!!!!!

I'm so sad!

:hug: I'm so sorry. I've known all along I couldn't go, and I'm sad. I can't imagine thinking all along that you were going to get to go and then BAM! the day before finding out you can't. :sad1:

Lauren will be making up for last year when she couldn't drink.......;)

:lmao:

I'm bringing my computer & will try to update y'all on all the fun! We leave very early tomorrow.

Can't wait to get there & meet some of you! I'll be wishing all of you were with us!:grouphug:

I'll be looking for your updates!

I wish I was there too. :sad2:

To everyone going, have a great time!! And Vegas rules are not allowed, you all need to share details and pictures!!

:thumbsup2 I LIKE that idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter