• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The week after Thanksgiving... Crowded?

tiggermurr

Mouseketeer
Ok, so thinking really hard about taking another trip to WDW the week after Thanksgiving. Monday November 26- Friday November 29. Crowded? Weather? We were just there a little over a week ago. Never been other than June. Looking for less people and better weather..... This would be out last time to even attempt a school year trip as my oldest is in her last year of elementary.

Ok, so thinking really hard about taking another trip to WDW the week after Thanksgiving. Monday November 26- Friday November 29. Crowded? Weather? We were just there a little over a week ago. Never been other than June. Looking for less people and better weather..... This would be out last time to even attempt a school year trip as my oldest is in her last year of elementary.

Traditionally, a great time to visit.

Generally, lower crowds.

Weather can be anything, hot to cold.

This week of the first week of November is when we are debating on going for 2013. I keep reading that the crowds for the week after Thanksgiving are really low and all the Christmas stuff will be up. However, the weather will be a gamble. Which is why the first week of November is looking good to us, especially since we will be able to hit F&W. Decisions, decisions.

We went that week in 2009. The parks weren't empty by any means, but definitely better than June. We rode everything we wanted to with minimal waits.

The weather really is the big unknown. We started the week in shorts and T-shirts, and ended it in jeans and jackets.

We went last year about that time - November 29-December 4 and it was great! Mornings and most evenings were chilly - upper 50's to low 60's but afternoons reached mid 80's. Best thing to do is dress in layers. Waits weren't too horrible if you pay attention to recommended parks, ride headliners first, use FP, ect.. We didn't do most all of the above (planned the trip 1.5 days in advance, booked the day before we left!) and we should have. Headliners do reach 75m+ but like I said - with good planning it will be no problem! We LOVE that time of year and are doing it again this year! Nov 26 - Dec 5th

We are thinking of going then too... want to see all the Christmas decorations - are they all up by then? When do they start putting up the xmas decorations? How about the Osborne lights? Also are there any candlelight processionals at that time? We went this year the first week of March - we go every year for birthday - 7th and we were so disappointed... Never saw such crowds.... I am hoping the first week of December is less crowded!

we are booked for the week after Tday. i have looked at touring plans crowd calendars and it looks to be a real good time to go. the parks are so beautiful with all the Xmas decorations and so much fun doing the holiday stuff. this is one of our favorite times to visit. weather is ???

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter