The Weather

Nick Beecham

Earning My Ears
We have been to WDW for many years using our DVC membership and always in April. Part of the attraction for us has been the wonderful weather.

Next year we are aiming to go in late June/early July. All I can see on the weather reports are heavy thunderstorms.:eek:

Is it always like this at this time of year?

Many thanks in advance
Nick

Yep, hot and humid. We notice that it starts warming up in May and lasts until October.

:earsboy: Bill

I have gone a couple of times in mid June and once at the end of June and it was hot, hot, hot. But the rain really wasn't an issue. We had some storms, usually late afternoon, but they were over quick and didn't put a damper on our trip. With the heat, it was actually welcome.

Best advice - get out early. Those trips were the only time I ever did morning EMH. Not only for the heat but also the crowds. Take an afternoon break to cool off. Go back out in the evening. Use fastpass as much as possible.

In the 90s and humid and the difference between 90s in Florida and those in the north is that it is in the 90s in Florida from about 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and during the night it does not go down much (you can sweat standing still outside at midnight). Thunderstorms (2 to 4) are a typical occurrence most days and usually last about 30 to 40 minutes each and mostly occur in the afternoon and evening and can sometimes cause parade or Fantasmic cancellations. Between storms it is usually sunny but you can sometimes get some all day rains and one year we were there in mid-June a weather system just decided to come up out of the south and sit there for 10 days during which it rained about 16 hours of out every day. To counter that we have also been in June when there was a drought and never got a drop of rain (but there was a smell of smoke constantly in the air because forest and grassy field areas miles away had a tendency to catch on fire).

We go three times a year. We always go twice in the winter and once in the spring. We went in June once and had a hard time breathing because it was so humid. Three of my family members have asthma so it bothered us more. I like the middle of Oct. to the middle of May.

Normal highs then are 92 degrees. It will stay hot until late into the night unless there is rain to cool things down more quickly. The rain is usually contained to a brief period of heavy afternoon or early evening rain or thundershowers. Rarely is an entire day a washout.

I wanted to see the 4th of July fireworks and so we booked our first July trip ever, BCV July 1-5. The weather was much better than we expected, and much better than what people who were heading home to NJ or MA returned to. We had some rain with cloudy skies which kept the temperatures more moderate than had been forecasted. Maybe you'll be lucky too!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter