The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I wanted to book through VRBO 11/20-11/26. Does the new policy mean my reservation will be canceled? Or do you gamble and hope it’s not canceled.
If you have not made your reservation and received a guest certificate, Wyndham says that guest reservations during that time are "subject to cancelation."

The VRBO owner should not offer you a reservation during those dates and I wouldn't attempt to book those dates.

Every owner may not even know about this new policy. There are many questions about how it will be enforced. Some of this confusion is likely on purpose. Wyndham wants to stop rentals during these busy periods, but may have to adjust its policy on an individual basis. "Subject to cancelation" seems to be giving them a bit more wiggle room than "will be canceled."

The block-out dates start in with Memorial Day, then Independence Day and Labor Day, so there will be more information about what Wyndham is doing and how they are enforcing the policy. When VRBO renters start getting cancellation notices for their guest certificates, they will learn quickly about the new policy.

Just as the company quickly made this policy, they could get rid of it, so stay tuned. Not all Wyndham owners are happy about it.

My advice is to look for a different place for your trip.

If you have not made your reservation and received a guest certificate, Wyndham says that guest reservations during that time are "subject to cancelation."

The VRBO owner should not offer you a reservation during those dates and I wouldn't attempt to book those dates.

Every owner may not even know about this new policy. There are many questions about how it will be enforced. Some of this confusion is likely on purpose. Wyndham wants to stop rentals during these busy periods, but may have to adjust its policy on an individual basis. "Subject to cancelation" seems to be giving them a bit more wiggle room than "will be canceled."

The block-out dates start in with Memorial Day, then Independence Day and Labor Day, so there will be more information about what Wyndham is doing and how they are enforcing the policy. When VRBO renters start getting cancellation notices for their guest certificates, they will learn quickly about the new policy.

Just as the company quickly made this policy, they could get rid of it, so stay tuned. Not all Wyndham owners are happy about it.

My advice is to look for a different place for your trip.
Thanks. I appreciate your advice

I wanted to book through VRBO 11/20-11/26. Does the new policy mean my reservation will be cancelled? Or do you gamble and hope it’s not cancelled.
Based on my conversation with Wyndham, it will be canceled. However, a lot could change between now and November.

I had one day ( last day) that fell in the timeframe and my reservation was cancelled. Vacation Strategy offered me a few different options but ultimately they refunded my money. They were extremely good about it after the initial hiccups because they had been caught off guard by this new policy. It further solidified my good opinion of them. They are excellent to work with.
As for the booking and hoping not to be cancelled.. I wouldn’t do it.. as you will be cancelled.

Bonnet creek slides open? Just checking to see what’s going on with covid... we are supposed to go in April... I’ve heard hot tubs are closed but not sure about slides... thanks for any info!

Bonnet creek slides open? Just checking to see what’s going on with covid... we are supposed to go in April... I’ve heard hot tubs are closed but not sure about slides... thanks for any info!
When I spoke with them on there phone last week, they said the slides and mini golf are open. Only hot tubs are closed and I was told they are going day by day... Things could change at any time and be effective immediately (that's how it's been so far) so hot tubs may or may not open at any time 🙂.

We have stayed at Bonnet Creek before would like to rent from an owner again. We got a great deal last time we did this. I do not remember the links I used to do this. I googled but, had little luck. If someone could give me some links, I would greatly appreciate it!

We have stayed at Bonnet Creek before would like to rent from an owner again. We got a great deal last time we did this. I do not remember the links I used to do this. I googled but, had little luck. If someone could give me some links, I would greatly appreciate it!
Did you contact the names on the first post? That’s where we rented.

Ok Bonnet Creek lovers...I have a question. We are here now for our first visit. We usually stay onsite at Disney. We love the resort. Our room is great. The location of the resort is great. All that said, the pools are all madhouses! You can’t find chairs and if you do happen to find one, the pools are just packed with people. Like we feel like we can’t even relax and enjoy ourselves because people are packed in like sardines. Is it always like this here? We have never felt like this at Disney. This could preclude us from wanting to stay here again.

I haven’t stayed there but it sounds like pools have been crazy at Disney and Universal resorts during spring break too-people having to wait in lines. Ugh!

Ok Bonnet Creek lovers...I have a question. We are here now for our first visit. We usually stay onsite at Disney. We love the resort. Our room is great. The location of the resort is great. All that said, the pools are all madhouses! You can’t find chairs and if you do happen to find one, the pools are just packed with people. Like we feel like we can’t even relax and enjoy ourselves because people are packed in like sardines. Is it always like this here? We have never felt like this at Disney. This could preclude us from wanting to stay here again.
I think some of what you are seeing is COVID related. People right now are more apt to hang out at the resort vs going to the parks every day of their stay. So in the past, people might go to the parks most days and spend a few at the resort. Where now the opposite may be true or some are not even doing parks and just getting away from home.

Also realize that about half the pool lounge chairs have been removed to promote social distancing.

Do you think you have a better chance of getting the condo view you want if you check in on a Friday or a Saturday?

In pre-Covid times, the pools were usually not that crowded as most people were at the parks. The pirate pool and lazy river were the busiest, but you could always go to a different pool. Those pools are closest to the largest towers, so I would make sense there are more people there.

We have been at the resort more than 20 times and never had an issue. Generally, the most crowded time was from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. as people returned from the parks and went for a quick swim before dinner or going back to the parks.

As the PP poster said, more people are likely coming down this year just to camp at the resort. Also, Disney has reduced their hours and eliminated nighttime activities, so if you can't go see the fireworks ... you go to the pool.

We were at Disney Saratoga Springs last week. We could not find available chairs at the "quiet" pool in Congress Park midday and the pool was "human soup". We waited 45 minutes one day and 75 minutes another for access to the Paddock pool and we waited well over 2 hours for access one day to the High Rock Springs pool. Sorry, but pools throughout the area are jam-packed to capacity.

Many people we met on this trip were spending much more of their time at the resort than on a normal WDW trip. They really just wanted a break from staying home and they wanted to enjoy the resorts. The parks are expensive but have long lines, no shows or fireworks, and people don't like wearing a mask all day outdoors in the heat. So an Orlando Spring break vacation this year is much different from other years. It's definitely not just crowded at CW Bonnet Creek's pools!

Ok so with the new restrictions I should be ok as long as we travel outside of those dates correct? How likely are they to expand it?

Help needed...just a few questions. I rented through Go Koala and now I see a much better price at redweek.com. Is it safe to deal with redweek? My dates are 5/21-5/28...is there a chance I could have my reservation canceled? And lastly, where is the best place to order groceries delivered? Thanks so much!

Well we decided to head to Florida again as we still have flight credits with Alaska that are only good through the end of the year. We are flying from Oregon so we do not get in until after 5pm. Husband and I stayed at Bonnet Creek last year and our room had a parking lot view. We will be arriving on a Friday, just wondering what our possible chance of resort view might be?
No matter what we had a great time last year. I just wonder if late day arrival on Friday means we should not even expect a different view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter