The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I was infamous for *demagnetizing* my door keys because

I would have my cell phone and key card in the same pocket

neither one was in a wallet or case (IIRC) . . . oops
I didn't have it happen at WBC but my card demagnetized FOUR times on our cruise this past Christmas. I had a purse with a small magnetic closing mechanism. That did it two times. The next two times were because I was smart enough to stop putting it in that bag, but put it in the pocket with my phone instead.:headache:

So we are checking in on 2/11, but probably around 7:30p.m. Because of the flight arriving around 6p.m.
Does that mean we'll be staying at garbage view???:sad:

So we are checking in on 2/11, but probably around 7:30p.m. Because of the flight arriving around 6p.m.

I've checked in much later and gotten a great view, but I wouldn't get my heart set on any certain view. Just remember one man's garbage view is another man's "secluded private patio" and my first stay we had a first floor unit with a parking lot facing room and it was one of the best rooms we ever stayed in since we could bring our bags in through the patio (there were not bushes or landscaping between the parking lot and our door). However I've never had another unit like that one! (meanwhile we'll all cross our fingers for you getting what you hope for!)

So I've lost my mind and bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on an eBay listing for the dates I needed. It's the most I've ever paid for WBC :scared: but it was still less expensive than getting two rooms anywhere else. Needless to say we are very excited to head down to Bonnet Creek for spring break!!! Back to our happy place :woohoo:

A view really depends on how much time you are going to sit there and stare out of it. I know I don't sit on my balcony and spend half my vacation looking out it. My time is spent enjoying the resort and going to parks. If I wanted a spectacular view, I would not be going to Orlando. There are FAR better places to vacation to have a "view".

You are correct that there will be a much smaller inventory available to choose from. If a view is the most important part of your trip, then flying in at a time that will allow you to get a view that suits your liking is required. Look at changing your flights if required.

Since no rooms are assigned until the "day of arrival", it will be first come first serve. Since you have 2 rooms you want together, getting there early for check in would be better off. You'd be better off getting there at 7AM, check in with your requirements, and then head to rope drop. Then whenever your rooms are ready, you are good to go back and get the room keys.
So they would allow me to check in at 7 AM???? That would be great...and if I tell them what I want, and return around 5:45 PM, there is a chance I would get two rooms together? Anyone done this before with success????

Yes, you can check in any time that day. No rooms are assigned until the day of at checkin. The earlier you check in the better your chances of getting your requirements. Its not like Disney where they assign rooms several days in advance. At WBC they just have a list of available inventory that day. They assign on a first come, first serve basis. Your room may not be available if that is OK with you. Once it is assigned, it is locked out of inventory to be assigned to another guest.

Yes, you can check in any time that day. No rooms are assigned until the day of at checkin. The earlier you check in the better your chances of getting your requirements. Its not like Disney where they assign rooms several days in advance. At WBC they just have a list of available inventory that day. They assign on a first come, first serve basis. Your room may not be available if that is OK with you. Once it is assigned, it is locked out of inventory to be assigned to another guest.
That sounds great...we are staying offsite on a Friday night, and going to AK the next morning...so I could get to WBC at 6:30 AM, register for two rooms near each other, with a lagoon view if possible, then head over to AK for rope drop...leave AK at close, head over to WBC, and I should have two rooms waiting for me. With virtually all day to work with, I would hope WBC would be able to accommodate my request....they will have over 9 hours of vacated rooms to work with. Anyone done this before with success???????? Just curious.......

This is good to know because we are planning to move from PORS to WBC at 6am. My hope is to "check in" and drop our bags with bell services and head straight to Universal for park opening. My husband will be flying down that evening and it's likely that he will be getting to WBC and actually getting into room before me and my daughter return from Universal.

I purchased the room on ebay and have requested that both my husband's name and mine be listed on the reservation to avoid any problems with my husband getting into the room if I'm not there.

Hope it works or it will be a bad start to our spring break vacation

Hi
I booked Bonnet Creek today for March. I booked through Ebay. I was going to call to put in a building request. Can you tell me which building was most recently renovated? Which building has the lobby with the Starbucks?

Hi
I booked Bonnet Creek today for March. I booked through Ebay. I was going to call to put in a building request. Can you tell me which building was most recently renovated? Which building has the lobby with the Starbucks?

According to the regular guests here (we are looking forward to our first visit), they do not take building requests.

Also, does Bonnet Creek have a free shuttle to the parks?

There is a shuttle, but it has a significant charge and must be booked in advance.

Also, does Bonnet Creek have a free shuttle to the parks?
$6 per person round trip. Traveling with 4 people, a car was just a better option with more flexibility for about the same price each day as 4 round trips. There are some folks who use Uber very successfully, that would be more cost effective for sure, and more flexible than a scheduled shuttle. We recently paid about $7 for 4 of us to go from Boardwalk to Fort Wilderness.

There are no room requests. The only exception may be PlatVIP members locking in Tower 6 for the Pres suites. Everyone else is 1st come 1st serve.

The bus cost money as stated above. The $6 is for a round trip only. If you want to go back later in the day, it is another $6 per person. Uber is a MUCH better option. It is about $10 each way.

There are no room requests. The only exception may be PlatVIP members locking in Tower 6 for the Pres suites. Everyone else is 1st come 1st serve.

The bus cost money as stated above. The $6 is for a round trip only. If you want to go back later in the day, it is another $6 per person. Uber is a MUCH better option. It is about $10 each way.
Is there any best request for a family of 5, which tower or floor? Are all the buildings updated?
Any and all feedback is appreciated. We booked our first stay there for June and my family is a little upset with me for not going WDW all the way :(

I would explain to them if they wanted equivalent Disney accommodations, it would have cost $3,000-$4,000 more. I am not sure what size room you got, but the lowest category equivalent to it at Disney is a 1BR DVC room. I simply picked my dates. A 1BR at SSR is $3,913. My 1BR at WBC is $560 ($3,353 price difference). Both have kids activities throughout the days, ping pong, billiards, pools, and pool slides. WBC has 2 lazy rivers, mini golf. SSR has onsite buses, movies, FP 60 days out, and EMH.

For $3,353 savings just for the room, I can do a whole lot at WDW. Yes, can you cut that savings down a bit going through a DVC owner? Yes, but it will still be $1,500 -$2,000 more. I would just sell it to them on the amount being saved. If they don't enjoy it, you can always go back to previous plans the next time.

I would explain to them if they wanted equivalent Disney accommodations, it would have cost $3,000-$4,000 more. I am not sure what size room you got, but the lowest category equivalent to it at Disney is a 1BR DVC room. I simply picked my dates. A 1BR at SSR is $3,913. My 1BR at WBC is $560 ($3,353 price difference). Both have kids activities throughout the days, ping pong, billiards, pools, and pool slides. WBC has 2 lazy rivers, mini golf. SSR has onsite buses, movies, FP 60 days out, and EMH.

For $3,353 savings just for the room, I can do a whole lot at WDW. Yes, can you cut that savings down a bit going through a DVC owner? Yes, but it will still be $1,500 -$2,000 more. I would just sell it to them on the amount being saved. If they don't enjoy it, you can always go back to previous plans the next time.

We were priced at AKV for approx. 2629.00 for 7 nights with a good bounce back discount.
We are still going to head to AKV first for 4 nights with a 1BR villa at Kidani then headed to WBC for 7 Nights for 1332.00 for a 2 BR.
It's almost half the $$ for a bigger room, it was important to me so we could go back at Thanksgiving and stay onsite the entire time. Not to mention our side trip to US is costing us a small fortune.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter