The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

That's a great idea. I wonder how much it is to use uber. Wonder if they pick up at the airport and bring you to the resort? We usually get a rental car, but the prices seem very high in April.

Uber X (the standard Uber), can't pick up at the airport because of access rights and stuff. Uber Black now can, that's like a towncar service. People do get around the Uber X from the airport thing by taking a shuttle off the airport grounds (like to a nearby hotel) and then requesting an Uber from there. Seems like a lot of work to me, with questionable scruples (to me) using someone elses shuttle for free. But, that's what I've learned by reading up on it.

We found a decent rental in April through Alamo. Check the transportation board and look for a thread on rentals for April. They have one for most months and post codes.

I do think we'll use Uber here and there, though, on property. Not parking a car in some places just seems much easier (like DTD/DS). If you have the Uber app on your phone you an estimate a fare between two places. Remember that you'll need enough power on your phone to request an Uber ride back! We ended up taking a cab from DTD/DS last fall. It was going to be our first swing at using Uber, but it had been a long day and we were out of juice on our phones! I have successfully used Uber here at home since then, and I was very happy.

That's a great idea. I wonder how much it is to use uber. Wonder if they pick up at the airport and bring you to the resort? We usually get a rental car, but the prices seem very high in April.

DD and I used Uber everyday while staying at Bonnet Creek. We just took it to Boardwalk and either walked to Epcot or HS, or took Disney bus to AK & MK. We always went to Boardwalk Bakery and refilled our refillable mugs and bought breakfast etc. It was $4-6 for each trip. It adds up if you go back to BC midday though. We could have rented a car cheaper but didn't want to deal with driving and parking. Well cheaper for us because we have annual passes for free parking. We spent the first night at All Star Sports so we used Magical Express on the way from the airport and I think it was $25 to Uber back to the airport.

Am I crazy in thinking that there was a post somewhere listing all the towers and what types of rooms they hold and also known rooms to have a fireworks view?

Am I crazy in thinking that there was a post somewhere listing all the towers and what types of rooms they hold and also known rooms to have a fireworks view?
All the towers have a mix of rooms. 1, and 3 bedroom presidentials are only in tower 6.

In all the towers there are rooms with the chance for a fireworks view, especially when they have them at Hollywood studios. Probably well over half the rooms in the resort will have such a view when there are fireworks at Hollywood studios.

Ping pong, mini golf, pool cues and the like...they're free of charge, right? Or if there's a charge, can they be charged to the room? Or cash? Or debit/credit card? And can tweens/teens check them out on their own? Or will we need to be with them to leave a license or something? The only thing we checked out on our last trip were pool towels, so I'm not familiar with the rec stuff. Just trying to think through what we will all need to carry around the resort, and what kind of lanyards or the like that I'll want to get for everyone.

Ping pong, mini golf, pool cues and the like...they're free of charge, right? Or if there's a charge, can they be charged to the room? Or cash? Or debit/credit card? And can tweens/teens check them out on their own? Or will we need to be with them to leave a license or something? The only thing we checked out on our last trip were pool towels, so I'm not familiar with the rec stuff. Just trying to think through what we will all need to carry around the resort, and what kind of lanyards or the like that I'll want to get for everyone.

These are all free. You request the item and they write down your name and room number. You sign up usually for a window of time.

The pool towels are also signed out. They give you a slip of paper receipt. Just be sure to turn in all your towels at the end of your stay. You can swap your wet towels for fresh ones of course.

They do have a couple of activities that cost money -- for example ice cream sundaes and for crafts in the activities center. I have paid cash for those, so not sure how they handle people with no cash for those.

These are all free. You request the item and they write down your name and room number. You sign up usually for a window of time.

The pool towels are also signed out. They give you a slip of paper receipt. Just be sure to turn in all your towels at the end of your stay. You can swap your wet towels for fresh ones of course.

They do have a couple of activities that cost money -- for example ice cream sundaes and for crafts in the activities center. I have paid cash for those, so not sure how they handle people with no cash for those.

We charge to our room for crafts, food etc. so much easier than carrying cash

Cool, thanks guys!!! Are your tweens/teens able to do this themselves? Or do you have to be there to do the checking out and back in of stuff?

And Chelley, charging to the room sounds easy! Do you have to show ID or just give name and room #?

Hello everyone, We stayed at BC in 2013 and loved it. Returning to Florida this year and would like to stay there again, but the gentleman we rented from is no longer renting out and I'm wondering who everyone uses? I'm sure there is a ton of information in this thread, and I will look, but I'm anxious so wanted to post ;) We paid $600 for 8 days in a 2 BDRM and I'm hoping to stay around the same price. TIA!

We use Vacation Strategy. Have gotten a quote for that much for a one bedroom, but not a two bedroom. Paying a little over $100 a night for a two bed this coming April. Others might know of a better deal. I have not worked up the nerve to purchase on ebay or anything like that!

Hello everyone, We stayed at BC in 2013 and loved it. Returning to Florida this year and would like to stay there again, but the gentleman we rented from is no longer renting out and I'm wondering who everyone uses? I'm sure there is a ton of information in this thread, and I will look, but I'm anxious so wanted to post ;) We paid $600 for 8 days in a 2 BDRM and I'm hoping to stay around the same price. TIA!

We are paying $100 a night for a 2 bedroom Easter week 2017. Booked through VRBO/Homeaway.

We use Vacation Strategy. Have gotten a quote for that much for a one bedroom, but not a two bedroom. Paying a little over $100 a night for a two bed this coming April. Others might know of a better deal. I have not worked up the nerve to purchase on ebay or anything like that!
We are using Vacation Strategy as well. Our rate for first week of May works out to about $116 a night for a two bedroom.

April will be our second time using Vacation Upgrades. We've been quite happy with their communication and service. Their prices are listed right on their web site - I'm sure there are better deals to be found, but I'm a bit chicken to try eBay or other lesser known avenues with a decent chunk of money and my precious vacation time.

We are paying $100 a night for a 2 bedroom Easter week 2017. Booked through VRBO/Homeaway.

We are using Vacation Strategy as well. Our rate for first week of May works out to about $116 a night for a two bedroom.

We are using WinPointVIP and are paying $150 a night for 10 nights in a 3 bed presidential.

Thank you! Going to look into these places :)

The Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria resorts across the street are also really nice and worth looking into, unlike the Wyndham their shuttle service to the parks is FREE.

Can anyone explain the difference between a deluxe 2 bedroom and a 2 bedroom presidential suite? Thanks!

I've never stayed in a Presidential, but they are a little bigger, may have bigger balconies and are decorated in a more "luxurious" way as well as having stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, etc. They also have a full sized washer and dryer instead of the stackable ones found in the Deluxe.

Here are the layouts: http://kirke.us/BonnetCreek-2brFloorplans.jpg

Here's a video tour of a presidential. Not sure if anything has changed decor-wise in the last three years:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter