The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Anybody know if Kids Nite Out will come to Bonnet Creek? We're not totally on board with a stranger coming to watch our (will be) 2 year old, but it's something we are considering

So is it better to ask for a "view" or "fireworks view" ??
A great view plus fireworks would be ideal but honest if i had to choose one or the other I'd rather take a great daytime view (if that even exists without being able to see fireworks at night)

That view exists--I think it's in buildings 1, 2, or 3--not absolutely sure about those building numbers, though. When you check in, just tell them what you would like--a lake view with a view of the evening fireworks.

I prefer the other side. I want building 5 with a lake view so that we'll be near the lazy river that we love and can park in the garage between 4 and 5. I know we won't be able to see the fireworks from the room, but I'd rather park in the shade and look out to the lake each morning while drinking coffee. It's great that we all want something different--if we all wanted the same views, we'd stand much less of a chance at getting what we want!

Fireworks off in the distance don't do much for me ... but I'm happy for those who choose it.

Ok, I just read through this whole thread and I see a lot of posters comment on VS's great cancellation policy. Can someone go into detail about what their cancellation policy is? Thanks!

Just booked September 12th - 19th at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (through Vacation Strategy)!

We're West Coast transplants who know Disneyland and its resorts like the back of our hands, but now must get a new education in everything Walt Disney World since moving to the East Coast. I felt totally certain that we would stay on site and closely followed recent Free Dining developments until yesterday evening, when I realized that we would be paying $1200+ to get "free" dining for our party of five and we'd be crammed together in a relatively small room. (Did I mention that certain members of our party snore and talk in their sleep?) We have two small children, which can make traveling between parks a pain, so the new requirement to add on park hoppers added no real value to us. Bonnet Creek seems to make much more sense, right?

My understanding is that we will make any room requests at check-in? Any particular towers that are preferable (more recently renovated, centrally located, etc.)? Thanks for your help, and all of the information provided in this thread!

We are West Coast transplants who know Disneyland too! And we are staying at Bonnet Creek on Sept 18-23. :) My DD25 and I visited WDW for the first time this past February so we know our way around a bit. But, we stayed onsite and took Disney transportation everywhere. This trip is 6-7 people and we are Wyndham points owners so Bonnet Creek is a better idea for us. But we will have a rental car, so I'm sure we will be lost again as far as knowing our way to the parks! Will you have a car or rely on BC shuttle? Because the shuttle is $6 per person, per day, round trip, so it really adds up. And people on here have stated that they didn't like the BC shuttles. Wyndham told me that we had to wait until check in to request a certain room or view and that they would do what they could.

Sorry I can't answer any questions about towers as this will be our first trip there too! We are in a 3 bdrm deluxe.

Ok, I just read through this whole thread and I see a lot of posters comment on VS's great cancellation policy. Can someone go into detail about what their cancellation policy is? Thanks!

What is your cancellation policy?
-More than 20 days notice of your check in date – Full Refund
-Less than 20 days notice of your check in date – Full Credit towards future vacation at one of our 160 resorts.

So is it better to ask for a "view" or "fireworks view" ??
A great view plus fireworks would be ideal but honest if i had to choose one or the other I'd rather take a great daytime view (if that even exists without being able to see fireworks at night)

One thing to mention, is that once the summer frozen fireworks start in June at Hollywood Studios, most of the lake-view rooms will have a nice fireworks view.

That view exists--I think it's in buildings 1, 2, or 3--not absolutely sure about those building numbers, though. When you check in, just tell them what you would like--a lake view with a view of the evening fireworks.

I prefer the other side. I want building 5 with a lake view so that we'll be near the lazy river that we love and can park in the garage between 4 and 5. I know we won't be able to see the fireworks from the room, but I'd rather park in the shade and look out to the lake each morning while drinking coffee. It's great that we all want something different--if we all wanted the same views, we'd stand much less of a chance at getting what we want!

Honestly I'd probably prefer a room closer to the lazy river lol
So if I could get that and a lakeview that would be ok for me!

Both times we've been in bldg 4 near the lazy river. One time we had a semi-fireworks view, which was nice, but by that time, we were all pooped and ready to sag in front of the tvs. But being near the lazy river was GREAT. I'll probably ask for one of those rooms again in June.

Hey, Dis5150 (fellow Disneylander)! We are driving to Orlando, so we won't be at the mercy of the Bonnet Creek shuttle since parking at the parks is the cheaper/more flexible option (although my mother is traveling with us and will probably end up using it to head back early on occasion, so I hope it's not too bad).

Thanks for all of the room location recommendations! My husband is still waffling about doing BC instead of two rooms at a Value resort onsite, so I appreciate any suggestions that make the notion of staying at BC less daunting. :thumbsup2

So, question... when the rooms are listed as "Sleeps 4" how strict are they on that? Our traveling companions are backing out of an off site stay, so we're going to cancel our 3BR reservation, but I REALLY want to stay at WBC. Problem is we have 5 in our family (2A, 3C -- 9, 6, & 3). I know at Disney you can't put in an extra person, but we have stayed in many hotels (Marriots, Hyatts, etc.) that have allowed 5 since our 5th was a small child (we have a travel cot that we bring so she has a "bed").

So, can you put 5 in a 1bedroom? I can't see spending the extra $ for a 2 bedroom just to have space for a 3 year old. Otherwise it's back to the campground for us.

So, question... when the rooms are listed as "Sleeps 4" how strict are they on that? Our traveling companions are backing out of an off site stay, so we're going to cancel our 3BR reservation, but I REALLY want to stay at WBC. Problem is we have 5 in our family (2A, 3C -- 9, 6, & 3). I know at Disney you can't put in an extra person, but we have stayed in many hotels (Marriots, Hyatts, etc.) that have allowed 5 since our 5th was a small child (we have a travel cot that we bring so she has a "bed").

So, can you put 5 in a 1bedroom? I can't see spending the extra $ for a 2 bedroom just to have space for a 3 year old. Otherwise it's back to the campground for us.

How much of a price increase are you getting between a 1BR and 2BR? For me it was only $20 a night extra

Vacation Upgrades wants $50 more/night -- and we're staying 7 nights.
I havent' gotten my quote from Vacation Strategy yet.

I'm using Vacation Strategies for the 3rd time. However, the price difference probably varies a lot by season and we always go during slower times. Give VS a shot, especially if you are more than 60 days away... you might find a 2BR is cheaper than a 1BR from VU.

I would not recommend a 1BR for 5. We stayed in a 1BR (not 1BR deluxe) at another Wyndham TS a couple of years ago with boys aged 12 & 14. It was miserable, only slightly better than a hotel room. We had to move some of the LR furniture into the bedroom in order to pull out the sofa bed, which leaves no room for a cot. Only 1 bathroom, and the kitchen table and chairs had to be pushed into the LR in order to open the dishwasher and/or oven. I would never do it again. Never. I'm not even sure I'd do a 1BR deluxe, which has bigger living areas, with more than 3 people.

I would not recommend a 1BR for 5. We stayed in a 1BR (not 1BR deluxe) at another Wyndham TS a couple of years ago with boys aged 12 & 14. It was miserable, only slightly better than a hotel room. We had to move some of the LR furniture into the bedroom in order to pull out the sofa bed, which leaves no room for a cot. Only 1 bathroom, and the kitchen table and chairs had to be pushed into the LR in order to open the dishwasher and/or oven. I would never do it again. Never. I'm not even sure I'd do a 1BR deluxe, which has bigger living areas, with more than 3 people.

I had to chuckle because the alternative is 5 of us sleeping in a 7 ft wide by 30 ft long motorhome, so the 1 bedroom sounds very spacious! LOL.

The floor plan of the 1BR deluxe looks like we'd have no problem fitting all 5 of us. We still have time to figure this out.. I just wish our plans weren't changing. The 3br was perfect fo rall of us.

Has anyone ever taken a taxi between BC and EP, MK or HS? How much does it generally cost? We are a party of 6 renting a mini van but I suspect some may want to leave the parks earlier than others on occasion.

Has anyone ever taken a taxi between BC and EP, MK or HS? How much does it generally cost? We are a party of 6 renting a mini van but I suspect some may want to leave the parks earlier than others on occasion.

MK to WBC (9560 Via Encinas, Orlando,FL32830)

Initial Fare $2.40
Add. Metered Fare $21.33<== Fare <== ($2.40 per mile) **
Tip (10%) $2.37 $26 <== Tip
Estimated Taxi Fare
$26.10 <== Total /Approx ... www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando

I suggest ~ look up the address or (the distance in miles) to calculate the approximate fare ($2.40 a mile)

Last edited:

We took a taxi from beach club after we left Epcot to Hilton bonnet creek and it was $12 for 4 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter