The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We stayed at WBC 2/28-3/7, and I can tell you we saw many people carrying large tubes and floats of many different descriptions back and forth to the pools! So I think that you can bring your own, but I can't confirm whether they're restricted to the lazy river because we didn't use the pools. The little booklet describing various details about the resort says the pools are open 8 AM - 10 PM, no lifeguards on duty, and lists hours for picking up pool towels from various locations.

Thank you! We have these. May pack them and see. They don't take up a lot of room and are easy to blow up.

On VRBO why are the 3 bedrooms priced all over the place? Ranging difference of $100? They can’t guarantee a room so why price difference
There are no rules for how to price rentals and they will often be all over the map. It is probably even more extreme now because of the pandemic. Some renters need the income because travel stopped while their maintenance fees still need to be paid and are pricing lower.

- Some renters price units to move, others price them hoping someone needs those dates and doesn't shop around.
- Some may price them based on what the resort itself is renting its units for, ignoring or oblivious to the much lower-priced competition.
- Some may price them higher in hopes someone may think the more-expensive units are better.
- Some may think their units are worth a fortune to rent because that's what their timeshare salesperson told them and just can't believe they really rent for those lower prices.

When looking for a Bonnet Creek rental you have to shop around because prices will be all over. It's easy to get carried away trying to find the absolute lowest price, but your time is also valuable. Getting a rental in a good price range from a renter you feel comfortable with is best.

Just rented a 2 bedroom for the week of 4/11/21 for $735 on Redweek.com (tip from this board last year). I agree, prices are all over. You can get overwhelmed searching for the best price. I really inly needed 5 days but couldn't find availability. Still cheaper to rent a whole week then staying elsewhere. Found Silver Lake for $499 but family like Wyndham better (I think both have their positives).

I am very happy. Response from seller in minutes late last night (wasn't expecting). Woke up to a confirmation email from Wyndham this morning as promised.

We are staying at WBC in May. First time staying there. I saw upthread that you needed to bring your own tube for the lazy river. With that said I'm assuming floats are allowed in the pools??? Can someone confirm?

Are all of the pools open all day? We are coming down with my mom and I don't know how much of the parks she'll be able to do everyday so looking for options.
We are here now and floats are allowed. You need to bring your own as of now. I have no idea pool hours since we have been at the parks.

There are no rules for how to price rentals and they will often be all over the map. It is probably even more extreme now because of the pandemic. Some renters need the income because travel stopped while their maintenance fees still need to be paid and are pricing lower.

- Some renters price units to move, others price them hoping someone needs those dates and doesn't shop around.
- Some may price them based on what the resort itself is renting its units for, ignoring or oblivious to the much lower-priced competition.
- Some may price them higher in hopes someone may think the more-expensive units are better.
- Some may think their units are worth a fortune to rent because that's what their timeshare salesperson told them and just can't believe they really rent for those lower prices.

When looking for a Bonnet Creek rental you have to shop around because prices will be all over. It's easy to get carried away trying to find the absolute lowest price, but your time is also valuable. Getting a rental in a good price range from a renter you feel comfortable with is best.
Are owners charged more points for better view? DVC you can be in a view category for more points. I am here now and have a parking lot with dumpster view. I would have paid more for a pool view.

There are multiple "seasons" which cost the owner different amounts of points per night for a reservation. Also, weekend nights are higher than weekdays. So some variation in pricing may be related to the actually dates, as well as unit size or type. No, there are no view categories, only Deluxe (furnishings) vs. Presidential.

Are owners charged more points for better view? DVC you can be in a view category for more points. I am here now and have a parking lot with dumpster view. I would have paid more for a pool view.
The presidential rooms rent for a bit more and are only located on the higher floors of Tower 6. As the PP said, there are no view categories. You can request a higher floor when you check-in, but nothing is guaranteed.

I'm sure Wyndham is kicking themselves for not having view categories, but that train has left the station.

I know the resort has attempted a few crackdowns to dissuade people from calling ahead trying to request a "fireworks view." Back when there were only fireworks shows at Epcot, those rooms were in high demand. Far more rooms have fireworks views when Hollywood Studios has them.

The fireworks issue is moot for the time being, of course.

When Wyndham built the resort, they were probably obvious to the "call ahead and request" game that Disney fans have been playing for decades that resulted in a dozen view categories and price points for some resorts.

Did anyone have any reservations that may have been impacted by Club Wyndham announcement yesterday that they are limiting guest reservations at certain resorts during peak travel periods. If the owner of the reservation hasn't added the guest name, it may be trouble. Even though the link doesn't load, it is still clickable.
https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...mit-usage-LNK&pid=000095040906&pin=4320723960
Hmmm..
We have no idea if we will be able to go at this point ( border still closed ) but I do have a two bedroom deluxe booked for December 11th to the 18th). According to that link, the restrictions start on the 17th of December. I wonder if that one night would be enough to cancel my reservation.
I just sent an email to Vacation Strategy to find out.

Existing guest certificates are supposedly grandfathered. They're not issuing new guest certs for the specified resorts during the specified dates. So as long as you have your name on a Wyndham certificate, issued prior to the announcement, it ought to be fine. Will be interested in what you learn from VS.

Existing guest certificates are supposedly grandfathered. They're not issuing new guest certs for the specified resorts during the specified dates. So as long as you have your name on a Wyndham certificate, issued prior to the announcement, it ought to be fine. Will be interested in what you learn from VS.
Vacation Strategy said my reservation is secure because I booked before the deadline (March 15th).

I think the issue is that some owners don't add the guest certificate until after the cancellation deadline of 60 days before. They don't want to pay for the guest certificate and then have the renter cancel and they are out that fee. If your reservation is non refundable, then the owner should have already added the guest certificate and it looks like that may be the case.

Did anyone have any reservations that may have been impacted by Club Wyndham announcement yesterday that they are limiting guest reservations at certain resorts during peak travel periods. If the owner of the reservation hasn't added the guest name, it may be trouble. Even though the link doesn't load, it is still clickable.
https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...mit-usage-LNK&pid=000095040906&pin=4320723960
Yes! This affected us. We booked through VRBO a few weeks ago and just got an email that our reservation was cancelled. Mad.

I
What were your dates? We are booked June 1-8 vrbo and haven't heard anything yet.
It was the week of Nov 6 and Nov 13. The dates affected are on the doc someone above posted (thank you!!) We may actually fall outside of the peak period listed if it goes by check-in day- I’m going to message my host to find out.

If a guest certificate was added prior to March 15th, it will be honored and the reservation not cancelled. If the host/owner hasn't added the guest certificate yet, then they won't be able to. I wonder if @Mrs~Incredible host hasn't added the guest certificate and tried and was told they couldn't. Or tried and had the reservation cancelled. Best to talk with the host.

If a guest certificate was added prior to March 15th, it will be honored and the reservation not cancelled. If the host/owner hasn't added the guest certificate yet, then they won't be able to. I wonder if @Mrs~Incredible host hasn't added the guest certificate and tried and was told they couldn't. Or tried and had the reservation cancelled. Best to talk with the host.
Thanks- I imagine our host did not add the guest certificate, but I will ask when I reach out to him. Also, I am still wondering if our weeks of Nov 6 and Nov 13 would fall outside of the owner-only periods due to the check in day- at work today, but hopefully I can find out tonight!

I just finished your last TR and was so excited to see I have another to begin! Can’t wait.
I contacted my vrbo owner and my reservation for June was made in January but it was in her name. She was able to switch it over from her name to my name and I got an email confirmation from Wyndham. Does that mean my reservation should be pretty safe? or since there was a name change after March 15th could it still be in jeopardy?

Will be checking in end of next month & would love to hear feedback from anyone with recent Postmates / Uber Eats / Grubhub experience...

I contacted my vrbo owner and my reservation for June was made in January but it was in her name. She was able to switch it over from her name to my name and I got an email confirmation from Wyndham. Does that mean my reservation should be pretty safe? or since there was a name change after March 15th could it still be in jeopardy?
Do your dates fall under the following? If you have a confirmation you would think you would keep it.

Here are the resorts and peak travel time periods that will limit access by guests:
Memorial Day (May 28 – June 2)
  • Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek
  • Club Wyndham Governor’s Green
  • Club Wyndham Skyline Towers
  • Club Wyndham National Harbor
Independence Day (June 25 – July 9)
  • Club Wyndham Skyline Tower
  • Club Wyndham Midtown 45
  • Club Wyndham Desert Blue
  • Club Wyndham Austin
  • Club Wyndham Riverside Suites
  • Club Wyndham La Cascada
  • Club Wyndham Park City
Labor Day (Sept. 3-8)
  • Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon
  • Club Wyndham National Harbor
  • Club Wyndham Old Town Alexandria
  • Club Wyndham Panama City Beach
  • Club Wyndham Emerald Grande at Destin
  • Club Wyndham at Majestic Sun
  • Club Wyndham Riverside Suites
  • Club Wyndham La Cascada
  • Club Wyndham Park City
Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Eve (Nov. 19-27 & Dec. 17 – Jan. 2, 2022)
  • Club Wyndham Santa Barbara
  • Club Wyndham Sea Gardens
  • Club Wyndham Royal Vista
  • Club Wyndham Palm-Aire
  • Club Wyndham Cypress Palms
  • Club Wyndham Star Island
  • Club Wyndham Reunion
  • Club Wyndham Midtown 45
  • Club Wyndham Harbour Lights
  • Club Wyndham Great Smokies Lodge
  • Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon
  • Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham - St. Thomas
  • Club Wyndham Elysian Beach Resort
  • Club Wyndham Resort at Avon (Only limited from Dec. 17 – Jan. 2)
  • Club Wyndham Park City (Only limited from Dec. 17 – Jan. 2)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter