• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you get into the bathrooms without a key card? We arrive tomorrow and would like to use the pools before we can check in, but that's not really possible if we can't use the bathrooms.

Can you get into the bathrooms without a key card? We arrive tomorrow and would like to use the pools before we can check in, but that's not really possible if we can't use the bathrooms.

The pools have a bathroom accessible from the outside that do NOT need a key code. the only one that I am not sure of is the Pirate pool as it was not open yet when I was there last year but I cant imagine it not having one.

You should have no problem.

Enjoy!!

There are 6 of us visiting BC for the first time over Christmas and New Years. The youngest is 20, could someone direct me to the best building for us. We don't need the pirate ship or the playground, we would prefer, a quieter pool with a bar and maybe some music. All suggestions appreciated!

Hoping someone can share information from past experiences. We are hoping to rent a 4 bedroom unit for 5 nights over New Years Eve (hopefully checking in on Thursday 12/29/11). Was anyone able to get a reservation for this time frame past new years eve holidays from ebay and, if you don't mind sharing, what was the cost?
Thanks!

There are 6 of us visiting BC for the first time over Christmas and New Years. The youngest is 20, could someone direct me to the best building for us. We don't need the pirate ship or the playground, we would prefer, a quieter pool with a bar and maybe some music. All suggestions appreciated!

since you are going in Dec it may not matter much, but when we were there 3 weeks ago we walked around the lake one evening and all the pools were pretty noisy and crowded...I believe there is a bar by building 4...we check in again on Monday, I'll try to observe a little while we are there

We arrive on the 26th! We won't have time to shop the night that we arrive. Is there somewhere to get breakfast our first morning so we can get an early start at the parks? Thanks!

The main building has a small deli that serves some basic breakfast items. They also sell a few things in the store near the check in desk at the main building - where they also have a Starbucks coffee area. IMO - the prices are quite high. I would make a quick stop for a few basic breakfast items at a store, or a gas station (Hess has some convenience items) or Walgrens. You could also pack some cereal/granola bars in your luggage - and just pick up some milk for a quick breakfast. The units at WBC have coffee packets for the first day's coffee.

Can someone please answer a few questions for me?

1. Can you swim in the pools at night?
  2. What options are onsite for dining?
  3. Do most people get their groceries delivered?
  4. I thought I saw somewhere before a "pirate ship" water attraction, but now can't find pictures. Does anyone have more information on this?
  5. For those that have stayed on-site and at vacation homes, what would you say is the main difference of staying here?
  6. Are the units quiet?
  7. How are the beds for comfort?
Thanks so much, I'd appreciate any help some of you can provide.

Can someone please answer a few questions for me?

1. Can you swim in the pools at night?
  2. What options are onsite for dining?
  3. Do most people get their groceries delivered?
  4. I thought I saw somewhere before a "pirate ship" water attraction, but now can't find pictures. Does anyone have more information on this?
  5. For those that have stayed on-site and at vacation homes, what would you say is the main difference of staying here?
  6. Are the units quiet?
  7. How are the beds for comfort?
Thanks so much, I'd appreciate any help some of you can provide.

I'm thinking most of these questions are answered in this thread....many of them in the last couple weeks;)

Hi all! We checked in today around 4:45 and the line wasn't bad, but a room matching our request was not ready so we opted to wait. The line at the Parking Pass desk was about 4 people deep. When we got up, they had called to say a room was open so after we refused the presentation - the person was very nice about it - went up to our room. Building 5 14th floor, great view of epcot ball as requested....sadly though, housekeeping had not quite finished up and was no where to be found. The unit was clean but dirty linens were in the living room behind the door, the burners on the stove were all out - good to know they really clean those thoroughly after each guest, and the drawers in the bathroom were open, guessing they wipe them down and letting them dry.

They moved us down 2 floors which took longer than it seems like it should have, but hey, we got our requested building and view so all is well. If we had not encountered the housekeeping keying info into the computer wrong, then it would have been perfect.

QUESTION THOUGH:

During our parking pass desk visit the lady mentioned that guests receive "substantial" discounts on park tickets. She wouldn't tell us how low as she knew we weren't coming. Peaked our curiousity as when we stay with our friends in Park City at Westgate, they do have substantially lower lift ticket prices. Never heard anyone here mention owners get discounted tickets, so asking if that is true.....

anyhoo, place looks great, people have been super nice....so far so good! Will check back in later.

Hi all! We checked in today around 4:45 and the line wasn't bad, but a room matching our request was not ready so we opted to wait. The line at the Parking Pass desk was about 4 people deep. When we got up, they had called to say a room was open so after we refused the presentation - the person was very nice about it - went up to our room. Building 5 14th floor, great view of epcot ball as requested....sadly though, housekeeping had not quite finished up and was no where to be found. The unit was clean but dirty linens were in the living room behind the door, the burners on the stove were all out - good to know they really clean those thoroughly after each guest, and the drawers in the bathroom were open, guessing they wipe them down and letting them dry.

They moved us down 2 floors which took longer than it seems like it should have, but hey, we got our requested building and view so all is well. If we had not encountered the housekeeping keying info into the computer wrong, then it would have been perfect.

QUESTION THOUGH:

During our parking pass desk visit the lady mentioned that guests receive "substantial" discounts on park tickets. She wouldn't tell us how low as she knew we weren't coming. Peaked our curiousity as when we stay with our friends in Park City at Westgate, they do have substantially lower lift ticket prices. Never heard anyone here mention owners get discounted tickets, so asking if that is true.....

anyhoo, place looks great, people have been super nice....so far so good! Will check back in later.

We are owners and in 2008, I think it was, they offered discounted tickets or $100 in Disney Dollars if you sat through a presentation. In our case it was an update presentation. They also push that you can buy your Disney Tickets with your points so it doesn't take as much cash but it is a big waste of points, I would rather spend mine on more vacation time. As far as discounted tickets just for being a member I have never heard of it. We bought our original points back when it was Fairfield and it was weeks. We purchased at Pagosa Springs Colorado in 1985 and transfer to Branson Missouri and Bonnet Creek when they started to build Bonnet Creek. I do stay current on benefits and everything.

Going in early June can anyone recommend the best tower for adults and teenagers want to stay from the kiddy areas. Maybe something by a bar/resturant and lazy river. Also does anyone know if there is a teen hang out for the teenagers? Thank you

Can someone answer a few questions about building #6?

1. The pirate slide is located here correct?
  2. There is a bar located here correct? If so, can you take drinks outside?
  3. This building is newer correct?
  4. Also are the current construction sites beside this building? If so, has anyone experienced any issues with that? i.e. noise?

Thanks!

Can someone answer a few questions about building #6?

1. The pirate slide is located here correct? Yes
  2. There is a bar located here correct? If so, can you take drinks outside?Yes, not open at night. Yes you can walk around with your drinks
  3. This building is newer correct?Newest one
  4. Also are the current construction sites beside this building? If so, has anyone experienced any issues with that? i.e. noise?They are building a hotel to the left of tower 6. No noise

Thanks!
:thumbsup2

Is there a parking area near the main lobby where you can park while you go in to check in? Or is there just a circular driveway that you stop in?

Is there a parking area near the main lobby where you can park while you go in to check in? Or is there just a circular driveway that you stop in?
There is a parking lot at the main lobby. If you are staying in Tower 6, they have there own check in at there lobby.

I am super-excited. We have a 4 BR Pres. Reserve condo booked for the week after labor day!! We reserved it last week. I had a 4 BR in Sept and had to cancel because we are moving to Alaska and will probably not be able to go. I was able to talk my husband into one more trip before we left for Alaska and we first reserved a 3 BR at Reunion. We could only get a 2 BR at Bonnet Creek and we have several people going with us. I was bored a few days ago and just checked on Bonnet Creek and a four BR was available. I can't wait. :cool1:

Yay! I can officially say that we're going to WDW next month!! And Ken was able to rebook at the lower rate!!!

We checked in yesterday and we are in building 1 one in a first floor room. We face the parking lot but it's nicely landscaped so you don't really see it anyway. We have a nice patio and it's convenient to go to the car instead of walking around. Our unit is also updated with granite and the newer tvs. The main pool is just a little walk and we enjoyed it this afternoon along with the water splash play area. Even though the main pool is salt water it's mild, not like being in the ocean. We are headed to dinner tonight at Park Fare and are going to give the shuttles a try. We are loving it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter