The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which pool is zero entry? I think the one behind the main building is but what about the one by building 4/5?

Hi ya'll. I searched the thread and may have found the answer to my question but I'm trying to make sure.

We're looking at a trip in 2014 (my college Graduation gift):banana: and am trying to figure out some dates. I saw that BC doesn't really change it's seasons/rates calendar so I figured it'd be a reasonable question.

We are considering a trip from Friday, May 30 to Sunday, June 8. The dates of May 30 to June 3rd fall in high season, and June 4-June 8th falls in Prime Season. How would this work, normally? Would we pay the High Season rate for the first portion, Prime for the rest? Would it be the same reservation?

We're looking at booking with Ken Price, but since it's ridiculously far out, I thought I'd ask around here first, to see if anyone has dealt with this same situation.

TIA!!

We are Wyndham owners and the date of check in is the date that determines which season you are in. Owners can only book up to 7d at a time, so if it is more than 7 days, you would have to have 2 reservations (at least that is what Wyndham told me when I tried to book an 8 night reservation for someone this year).

We are Wyndham owners and the date of check in is the date that determines which season you are in. Owners can only book up to 7d at a time, so if it is more than 7 days, you would have to have 2 reservations (at least that is what Wyndham told me when I tried to book an 8 night reservation for someone this year).

Thank you so much for answering my question. It may not be a huge difference but a couple of nights at High Season rates vs Prime Season rates will buy a couple of meals or some groceries!

We are a family of 5 booked in a 2 bedroom through Wyndham at the end of July. My MIL lives in Florida and would like to stay with us for one night. Do I need to let Wyndham know? Is there any price difference?

What is the rules/law on Timeshare Presentations and where can i get a copy of the Florida Law to take with me just in case we decide to take a timeshare presentation?
I don't know where you can find the rules/law, but this should help:

1) If the salesman's lips are moving, he's probably lying.
2) It's almost always better to buy resale than it is to buy from a developer. Whatever you buy from a developer will lose 50-100% of its value on day 1. The benefits they tell you that you can only get from buying from them either a) aren't worth anywhere near the difference in price, or b) are lies.
3) If you do get suckered in to buying from the developer, you have a period of time (varies from state to state, but generally about a week) in which you can rescind your purchase. Read on TUGBBS.com, research the value, read the contract, research the lies the salesman told you, and decide what you want to do. There should be details on how to rescind in your paperwork. Follow it exactly.

We are a family of 5 booked in a 2 bedroom through Wyndham at the end of July. My MIL lives in Florida and would like to stay with us for one night. Do I need to let Wyndham know? Is there any price difference?
I think the occupancy limit on the 2BR units is 8 (or at least 6), so it's not a problem.

When you check in, you give them a list of the names of everyone staying with you. You can include her. (It really doesn't matter, though - it's not like they check it.)

Your room has a maximum occupancy of 8, so why would there be any extra charge for the 6th person?

That's right, no extra charge at all.

So if I wanted to check in on the last day of prime season, I will be charged prime season rates for the entire stay even though the rest of the days are low season?

Which pool is zero entry? I think the one behind the main building is but what about the one by building 4/5?

The new pool by Building 6 is also now zero entry at one side. Also the lazy river is zero entry by building 5. The pool infront of building 4 is definitely not zero entry.

So if I wanted to check in on the last day of prime season, I will be charged prime season rates for the entire stay even though the rest of the days are low season?

If you're staying 8 nights and you'll have to have two reservations anyway, why not make the prime season days the first reservation and the non-prime days the second reservation?

we stayed 12 nights last year and we also had to have two reservations. We asked to stay in the same unit the entire stay and it was not a problem.

If you're staying 8 nights and you'll have to have two reservations anyway, why not make the prime season days the first reservation and the non-prime days the second reservation?

we stayed 12 nights last year and we also had to have two reservations. We asked to stay in the same unit the entire stay and it was not a problem.
I am staying seven nights, doing a Friday-Friday. If I do two separate reservations, I will have to pay the $99 fee and then another $25 fee rather than no fee. Would it just be better to book a different hotel for the first night and then stay six nights at Bonnet Creek?

Has anyone been there recently, or currently there? We are wondering if the new hotel tower has opened yet? My DW and DD have been waiting for a spa on site, and are looking to get their toes done while we're down there for a few days.:rolleyes2

We managed to make Bonnet Creek bookends to a 7 day cruise!:thumbsup2

Joe

I am staying seven nights, doing a Friday-Friday. If I do two separate reservations, I will have to pay the $99 fee and then another $25 fee rather than no fee. Would it just be better to book a different hotel for the first night and then stay six nights at Bonnet Creek?

7 nights should require only 1 reservation. You normally check in on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Any reservation that crosses that threshold (Tuesday to Tuesday say) requires 2 reservations. At least thats what happened to me recently for a 5 night stay.

Joe

Has anyone been there recently, or currently there? We are wondering if the new hotel tower has opened yet? My DW and DD have been waiting for a spa on site, and are looking to get their toes done while we're down there for a few days.:rolleyes2

We managed to make Bonnet Creek bookends to a 7 day cruise!:thumbsup2

Joe

Stupid me answered my own question. I called the resort and they are saying that the new hotel won't be ready until late 2011 early 2012!:eek: Has anyone heard differently?

Joe

We stayed in Building 5 (Torre de la Luna) and had a room right over the parking garage, when I first looked out from the balcony I must have just quickly looked down because I said to my kids "not much of a view from this room" A few minuets later my son said "Mom, you can totally see the EPCOT ball. So after looking again I realized we had a great view.
IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

Later that night I realized we could see the castle too. We ended up watching the fireworks from our room every night which was cool because we could watch the MK ones then an hour later watch the EPCOT ones. Yet another reason I love staying here!

7 nights should require only 1 reservation. You normally check in on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Any reservation that crosses that threshold (Tuesday to Tuesday say) requires 2 reservations. At least thats what happened to me recently for a 5 night stay.

Joe

Yes, but they said that the season rate is based on the night you check in. My first night is in prime season, the rest is in low season. So would I have to pay prime season prices for the whole week? If so, would it be better to just find somewhere else to stay the first night since I would have to pay an extra $99 on top of the $200 to get a separate reservation.

Hi BC lovers,
We are leaving Thursday for our second stay at BC. Our first night there is always hectic. Does anyone have a good takeout/delivery restaurant the reccommend? We would be looking for pizza/italian/chineese. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Also, do they come to your room or the front desk?

Thanks

Yes, but they said that the season rate is based on the night you check in. My first night is in prime season, the rest is in low season. So would I have to pay prime season prices for the whole week? If so, would it be better to just find somewhere else to stay the first night since I would have to pay an extra $99 on top of the $200 to get a separate reservation.

Ok, I had to go back and re-read the initial question.

In the end, is it worth it to book a separate hotel for 1 night? The trade off is $125 plus the hassle of moving around from hotel to hotel. Personally, if you have the ability to book the stay at Bonett in full, I'd personally rather do that. Is there an option to go 7 days and move your vacation 1 day? Or are we talking a Sunday-Sunday trip?

Joe

Ok, I had to go back and re-read the initial question.

In the end, is it worth it to book a separate hotel for 1 night? The trade off is $125 plus the hassle of moving around from hotel to hotel. Personally, if you have the ability to book the stay at Bonett in full, I'd personally rather do that. Is there an option to go 7 days and move your vacation 1 day? Or are we talking a Sunday-Sunday trip?

Joe
It's Friday - Friday. I'd much rather move hotels after one night than move my dates, if that's what I have to do.

It's Friday - Friday. I'd much rather move hotels after one night than move my dates, if that's what I have to do.

Decisions decisions. In the end, from where I'm coming from, I'd much rather switch hotel rooms for 7 nights than spend more time in 2ft of snow! Thankfully I only have 30 more days to wait for Bonett for the 3rd time!:thumbsup2

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter