The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I have a bet going. He says that when we were there last summer that there was a Wii in the entertainment center in the living room and I say there wasn't. What's the answer?! :confused3

My husband and I have a bet going. He says that when we were there last summer that there was a Wii in the entertainment center in the living room and I say there wasn't. What's the answer?! :confused3

Not unless someone left one behind. They do not supply them as part of the unit.

One more question - I remember reading a while back about the internet connection in the rooms but couldn't seem to find it now. What kind of connection is there and where is it? I'm wanting to borrow my parents laptop but need to know for sure that it will work (I'm clueless about laptop info!). Thanks!

We stayed in Building One in late March, and I was able to get a wireless connection from our unit. Not sure if it was because we were so close to the main building? I also checked my Ipod Touch on the first day, and I was able to access the internet at the main pool.

As for a fireworks view, we were in a room in Building One at the very end of the building - close to Bldg #2 - and we were able to see the Epcot fireworks from our balcony. We could also see the distant MK fireworks from our bedroom window. Our unit also had a lovely water view. I would definitely stay in this building again, since it was also a close walk to the main pool and activity center.

I would have never thought they would broadcast Red Green in the US.
Red Green is often on the Detroit PBS station.

I was wondering if this deal is worth sitting through the sales pitch or if I would be better off renting from an owner.
It depends on how much your time (and dignity) is worth to you. Take a look at RedWeek to see what the going rate might be for your time. But, personally, I would not wish one of those on my worst enemy.

Good evening! I am a newbie to DIS - this is actually my first post. We are going for our first "family" trip in Nov. 27th-Dec 1st and I am looking for somewhere to stay (so many options!!). I was wondering if the pools @ BC are heated? And what hours are they open? Will this resort allow you to ship items before your arrival like the on-site resorts? TIA for any responses!! :goodvibes

The Internet connection is done by plugging a network cable into the Phone in the Kitchen and then connecting the hardwire to your computer. There is a normal looking network jack on the phone.

I'm a computer junky, I bring an old wireless router and plug that into the phone. We then have wireless in the entire unit for all over our wireless devices.

Good morning everyone! I'm currently sitting on my balcony at Bonnet Creek and I was able to pick up the wireless out here by sitting near the outside edge.

This is our first time at Bonnet Creek and we've had a great time staying here. We can see both the Epcot fireworks and the MK fireworks from our balcony and one night, they were both going off at the same time!

We are in Bldg 4 and the pool is very nice, although small. Difficult to find enough empty chairs in the afternoon, but we've managed just fine. Having the refreshment bar and lazy river right here has been wonderful too. Jump from the pool, to the lazy river, to the hot tub, back to the pool, etc. The kids (teens) have had a ball!

It has been awesome having all this room to spread out. We are traveling with 4 teenagers, and it's been great not tripping over each other.

The only down side for us is having to drive everywhere. Part of vacation for DH is that he never has to drive once we hit Disney property, and getting dropped off at the entrances when taking Disney busses is a plus. However, BC is so centrally located, it never takes very long to get anywhere. We have friends who bragged that they were "doing it right" and staying at the AKL for thier vacation...and then complained about how long it took on the busses to get to the parks or anywhere else.

Well, this is our last day here and will be heading back North tomorrow. I will post some pictures later on in the week.

Any questions I can answer, let me know!

Sammy

I have read a lot through this thread, but am giving up on this question. Can anyone tell me where the busses drop you off at EP/DS/AK? I know MK is at TTC. Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

I have read a lot through this thread, but am giving up on this question. Can anyone tell me where the busses drop you off at EP/DS/AK? I know MK is at TTC. Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

We only used the buses one day, and I can't remember which park it was, but there is an area further into the parking lot for buses from other hotels (not Disney buses). There is a long parking area for them to pull up into. It is a little bit of a further walk than the Disney buses, but not bad at all. Hopefully someone who has used them more recently can provide a better answer, but that is what I remember.

We took the shuttle bus to MK and to Epcot. It's the same bus that takes you to both parks. First stop MK - they pull into a charter bus area behind the kennel near the TTC. At Epcot, it's the charter bus area which is just beyond where the Disney buses unload. So - not far at all. The AK/DS also drop off at the charter bus area. I'm not sure where that is, since we did not go to those parks. We only used the buses for one way transportation to the parks. It made it very easy for us to stagger our start times for the days. DH isn't an early riser. DS and I like to be at the parks early. I drove to the MK park, and DH took the shuttle over later. Then, when we went to Epcot, DS and I took the bus and DH drove over later. I really liked having this option.

We took the shuttle bus to MK and to Epcot. It's the same bus that takes you to both parks. First stop MK - they pull into a charter bus area behind the kennel near the TTC. At Epcot, it's the charter bus area which is just beyond where the Disney buses unload. So - not far at all. The AK/DS also drop off at the charter bus area. I'm not sure where that is, since we did not go to those parks. We only used the buses for one way transportation to the parks. It made it very easy for us to stagger our start times for the days. DH isn't an early riser. DS and I like to be at the parks early. I drove to the MK park, and DH took the shuttle over later. Then, when we went to Epcot, DS and I took the bus and DH drove over later. I really liked having this option.

We just got back and took the busses to MK, EPCOT and AK. The upside it was free and they do have several pickup times. The drivers were GREAT. They take you to a parking lot in all the parks just past where the disney buses drop off and pick up, so IMO its not that far at all. It was nice to not pay to park. I think if you drove it would be as much of a walk or probably further depending on how crowded the parking lot for cars is.

The downside, when we were coming back from AK the bus was PACKED, then we pulled into Epcot to a fairly large crowd. They could not all fit in our bus we were packed in like Sardines....but the bus driver did tell them he would be right back after only like 4 people could squeeze in. Its not a far drive to Epcot so I am sure they didn't wait too long, but I can imagine as it gets hotter and hotter that would be miserable. The parking lot where you wait has no cover, and it was very hot the last 2 days we were there when temps were around 90 - we actually left Epcot at 3 pm cuz were were miserably hot. :-( Other than the AK trip, all other shuttles fit everyone fine.

We decided when we go back, we will just drive so we don't have to worry about the schedule as 2 of the 4 days we literally were running to the bus to make it. Our 3yr old had crashed so we decided we needed to head back and it was a mad dash to make the bus - which our other option was wait 2 hours and that wasn't good for us at the time. Had we had our car we could have leisurely made our way out. Because the rates at BC are so fantastic, DH who is thrifty decided it was worth the daily parking fee of $14 for us...plus its SO close to the resorts its a quick drive.

Don't get me wrong, I think the shuttles were fine. Giving up your freedom of choice when to leave is something you have to do when you give up your car, so I wouldn't say it was bad.

This was our first time to DW and we are def going back and hoping to stay again in BC.

Well I'm hoping the group wisdom hasn't steered me wrong. It seems like such a leap of faith to book this way...But I talked to Ken and we are all set to go later this month! I'm really quite excited. We typically stay Deluxe on property, but as a family of 5 with two cribs, it's crowded! Even with my 40% off codes BC is 1/2 price of what we would have paid. Now THAT is magical.

I'm still trying to understand what location we want to ask for...With 3 little kids (15 months and 4 yrs) we aren't going to make it to the parks for any fireworks, and we do want to be close to a zero entry pool. What should I ask for? Oh, also what are the restrictions on the slide?

Any updates to the restaurant situation? (Still no hot breakfast and no restaurant by the pool?)

Any other thoughts/ tips for a young family? This is our first time doing a condo/ timeshare anywhere and I'm a bit anxious. It seems like this place takes care of everything, just like a hotel...right?

thanks so much for sharing your experiences

Marci,
Ask Ken if he will request a fireworks view for your family. We have had great views in Bldg 2 and 3. It's so nice to sit on the balcony and see the show. The pool by the main building has a cantina style restaurant, but I don't think the restaurants will be open by the end of this month. The pool for Bldg 3 has a very nice pool bar with good wraps and sandwiches. Have a great time.

Well I'm hoping the group wisdom hasn't steered me wrong. It seems like such a leap of faith to book this way...But I talked to Ken and we are all set to go later this month! I'm really quite excited. We typically stay Deluxe on property, but as a family of 5 with two cribs, it's crowded! Even with my 40% off codes BC is 1/2 price of what we would have paid. Now THAT is magical.

I'm still trying to understand what location we want to ask for...With 3 little kids (15 months and 4 yrs) we aren't going to make it to the parks for any fireworks, and we do want to be close to a zero entry pool. What should I ask for? Oh, also what are the restrictions on the slide?

Any updates to the restaurant situation? (Still no hot breakfast and no restaurant by the pool?)

Any other thoughts/ tips for a young family? This is our first time doing a condo/ timeshare anywhere and I'm a bit anxious. It seems like this place takes care of everything, just like a hotel...right?

We booked with Ken too... .he was FANTASTIC! We were just at Bonnet Creek a little over a week ago. I actually called myself (once I had the reservation #) and requested a fireworks view in building 6 (this building as a zero entry pool and lazy river). We could see the fireworks from both the MK and Epcot from our 9th floor room!

In regards to renting a time share, I dont recall if housekeeping is included in Bonnet Creek (we typically decline anyways)... but I dont think it was. And when you check out you do have to remove your linens (put in bathroom), and load and run your dishwasher.

Personally, I have found traveling with condos/timeshares is WAY easier with a family.... you have space, a kitchen for snacks and/or meals (which we always eat breakfast in our rooms anyways), and way key with little kids, IMO is having a washer/dryer. Make sure you pack additional laundry detergent stuff, as they only provided us with 2 packets (I had brought our own due to skin sensitivities anyways though).

It was MAGICAL to see the fireworks from the room & balcony, and MAGICAL to see the Epcot ball right from our bed (and living room!).

Enjoy, it will be a fabulous trip!

I'm still trying to understand what location we want to ask for...With 3 little kids (15 months and 4 yrs) we aren't going to make it to the parks for any fireworks, and we do want to be close to a zero entry pool. What should I ask for?

You will really enjoy the extra space with the little ones. So easy for them to take a nap and you can enjoy the balcony or living room area while they sleep.

Our room in Building One was at the very end towards building two, and our balcony was right above the playground. I would highly recommend this location to someone with little ones. You are also a very close walk to the main pool with zero entry. Bring a stroller, for an easier ride to the pools. (FYI we also had a lovely water view, with a view of the fireworks from the balcony).

As for the buses - I am personally glad we did not rely on them to come back from the parks. I like being able to leave when we wish. It's well worth $14 to park for us, epecially with the money we saved on the room. The shuttles did work for us going to the parks (we could stagger the start time of our days for each person in our party).

As to where to ask to stay with little ones....
We were in building 5 on the 8th floor on the wing next to building 4, so we had a great view of the Epcot Ball and fireworks from EPCOT and MK. The pool at our building was zero entry with a lazy river. Next to us was Escudos restaurant and bar - which had salads, burgers, and Paninis all around $8 or $9. We didn't order from there but it looked good, plus it was convenient having the bar there if you want a beer or frozen cocktail. The pool outside of Escudos is not zero entry, but we did use it a little. The playground, putt putt, pool with slide, and activities center were across the lake...so if you want to be closer to these you prob don't want to be in building 4 or 5.

Think about what is important to you - fireworks view, being near playground or activies center, being next to zero entry pool and just ask them for WHAT you want. I had the person I rented through request fireworks view and when I called to confirm our res, I also requested it, its not guaranteed but we got it.

There are pluses to every building. That being said, with our 3 year old, seeing the fireworks from our room AND having the zero entry was perfect for us.

We just got back today from Florida and stayed at BC and it was hands down the nicest place we have ever ever stayed. We cannot wait to go back. We booked through Ken. Through reading this thread, I called myself one week before we arrived and requested Building 5, fireworks view. We were room 1380 and I would request it again. Our room was next to the housekeeping room, then the trash shoot, and on the end of the building, so no neighbors. We never checked out any other pools. We have 4 kids ages 10, 8, 6, and 4 and we loved the zero depth entry pool, lazy river and hot tub. Some days the hot tub wasn't very warm but it was the only complaint I had the entire week.

We have stayed at Beach Club Villas before and this was comparable in size, but way nicer. The location was just amazing....it took us a couple minutes to get anywhere at Disney. Thanks so much for this thread, we saved a bundle and we were all sad to leave such a gorgeous place!!

I was pretty set on Windsor Hills, and found one or two places I really liked, but then read the slide doesn't work very well.

My two youngest were really excited about the pool. The last time we went to WDW it was in Sept, and we actually spent quite a bit of time at the hotel and pool. Left parks early afternoon, and sometimes went back at night, so it isn't just a place for us to sleep.

BC pools look spectacular, all my kids will love it, even the fussy 15 yr old! :)

I checked out vacationupgrades and it shows the price as $120/night plus a fee. Are there any other hidden costs? It's a little higher than I wanted to pay, but will consider it if they don't nickel and dime you on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter