The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about requesting staying in the main building, what do you think are advantages and disadvantages. We will have two 9 year old children, a 5 year old and a 3 year old. We will have a car and are not sure if we will use the bus or not to go to Disney so bus stop isn't really a concern. Also not worried about a fireworks view, we'll see them in the parks.

While Delivery may not be likely (seriously, check the menu's for Flippers and Giordinos, they might have something that will work. I've never eaten there so I can't be positive there isn't anything that would work), there could be onsite options.

There are 2 decent restaurants in the Grande that will likely have more options available. There is an upscale seafood restaurant, as well as a more casual place. The more Casual place I believe even has a breakfast buffet. It would probably be worth swinging by the hotel when you check in to see what they have to offer.

I believe the pool bar at Tower 4 also has a more extended menu that the typical pizza/subs that you can get from the big 3 delivery chains that will deliver, or the Tower 3 pizza place that will deliver to your room. I seem to recall at the very least that they have wraps available which might fit your needs.

And if you have a car, There are several decent restaurants within a quick/easy drive from the resort. Even if you are worried about younger kids and dragging them out to eat, You can probably grab something to go from those places that will fit your needs (and those of the family) to bring back to the room to eat. And Bonus: If you don't eat everything you grab, with a fully stocked kitchen it's very easy to put away the leftovers and just reheat them later.

To add to your good advice, Flipper's and Giordino's both have a variety of good salads to choose from. My wife and I have eaten at both resaurants. They do both have online menus.

I must have done something wrong, because when we were there in July we ordered a pizza from the pool/bar by tower 3 and they told me they could not deliver it to my room I would have to wait there or come back later. I saw several other people waiting as well as others coming back and picking up their order. Maybe it depends on how busy the resort is???:confused3:confused3

I've seen them deliver before, and the magnet on the fridge in the room mentions that they will deliver to your room (At least, it did last year when I went). It could've been something as simple as not having a delivery person available the night you ordered the pizza.

:confused3

DCTooTall said:
I've seen them deliver before, and the magnet on the fridge in the room mentions that they will deliver to your room (At least, it did last year when I went). It could've been something as simple as not having a delivery person available the night you ordered the pizza.

:confused3

Here now, the magnet is on the fridge along with a menu

To add to your good advice, Flipper's and Giordino's both have a variety of good salads to choose from. My wife and I have eaten at both resaurants. They do both have online menus.

Thanks for the endorsement. I'll check out the menus. Thanks DCTooTall for the suggestion about getting something and bringing it back. I LOVE to eat out, but you guessed correctly about the problem being that my kids get tired and don't want to go out for dinner. They just want to stay in and either have me cook or order room service so I've resigned myself to a few dinners like that. I could definitely do a pickup order for myself.

We must have not been doing something right b/c our wifi signal in Tower 6 / 10th floor was very spotty this past week.

Even with wireless, can you still bring your router to plug in for a stronger signal? Or is the wired connection out the window now?

We must have not been doing something right b/c our wifi signal in Tower 6 / 10th floor was very spotty this past week.

Eh.... Due to the nature of wireless signals, I'd say it was likely not anything you were doing.

I stayed in Tower 6 on the 9th floor last year and had days with a great signal, and others with a spotty signal. One day it wouldn't even work. After trying to go wired that day and not having any better luck, it turned out the entire resort was having connection difficulties that day.

ottawafamilyof4 said:
Thanks for the endorsement. I'll check out the menus. Thanks DCTooTall for the suggestion about getting something and bringing it back. I LOVE to eat out, but you guessed correctly about the problem being that my kids get tired and don't want to go out for dinner. They just want to stay in and either have me cook or order room service so I've resigned myself to a few dinners like that. I could definitely do a pickup order for myself.

I've had salads from Flippers, very good. I also like the salads from Earl of Sandwich a lot. My husband would drop me off at the very far end of the parking lot in DTD, it's closest, then he would just wait for me as parking can be quite difficult there. As far as taking kids out, my kids are a pain in a restaurant sometimes but they LOVE Sweet Tomatoes, the salad buffet restaurant in Crossroads. Of course they can get what they want but it's also kind of loud and very casual so they don't have to be too still or quiet. I love their blueberry muffins and always buy some to go to eat for breakfast. Strange, but my 7yo can eat his wt in cucumbers, cauliflower and plain pasta--go figure. My little guy is all about soup. I'd eat there several times a trip but there are just so many yummy places to eat in that area.
We've also found it much easier to get some ice cream at the store for the kiddos, rather than pay big money going our for it when they never finish what they order. I am fine cooking a little something for them but I don't want to eat anything I have to cook for myself on vacation so getting something and bringing it back is my compromise, lol. I love having a real fridge and a microwave for leftovers, so handy!

Can someone please remind me how to override the air conditioner.

Nancy155's reply was absolutely correct about pressing and holding the F/C button on the side of the thermostat to override the motion sensitivity. But we discovered one other thing. If you adjust the temperature at all after doing that, it seems to reset to its old ways. We had a couple nights of very stuffy conditions in the bedrooms before we figured this out. If you want to be sure you have active a/c at night, push the F/C button just before you go to bed, to be sure it will work to maintain the temperature you want.

Sigh, I might have to do that. I was just hoping to have a bit of a treat myself and bagged salad is everyday fare for me and cooking dinner is an everyday chore. Maybe I should ditch the diet for a week and enjoy the pizza. Thanks for the suggestions.

Awww...don't ditch the diet yet (well...maybe a day or 2 ;) ) because I know you will have no problems finding more than adequate meals for yourself that will be enjoyable & satisfying! Flippers' menu has some great salad choices. Ours were fresh & delicious http://www.flipperspizzeria.com/OurMenu/SaladsWraps/tabid/68/Default.aspx. And you won't BE-LIEVE you didn't have to sacrifice your diet once you go to Sweet Tomatoes, and if you sign up for their Veg Club http://www.souplantation.com/clubveg/, you'll get some awesome coupons that'll make you question why it's so affordable (that is just a joke!). But seriously, you'll LOVE Sweet Tomatoes. And they're both in the Crossroads, across from DTD.

You have nothing to worry about :goodvibes . You may want to bring something from home for storing leftovers like plastic wrap, foil or gallon size storage bags though. We ended up grabbing some foil from Walmart when we did our shopping (also used it at the grill for our steaks & lobster tails too).

At WBC now. Our room is in tower 4, and everything is in great condition. We asked for a fireworks view, and we watched Illuminations and parts of the Fantasmic show (we assume) from the balcony tonight. pixiedust:

DH is bowing to me for booking the resort. As we pulled in, one daughter exclaimed that the resort looked like where people stay in the movies. When I told them it was where we were staying, the teen girl contingent in the car was awestruck. :)

At WBC now. Our room is in tower 4, and everything is in great condition. We asked for a fireworks view, and we watched Illuminations and parts of the Fantasmic show (we assume) from the balcony tonight. pixiedust:

DH is bowing to me for booking the resort. As we pulled in, one daughter exclaimed that the resort looked like where people stay in the movies. When I told them it was where we were staying, the teen girl contingent in the car was awestruck. :)

Great news! I am glad your family loves the resort. Our family loves it as well, I was just so impressed with the location of the resort as well as the layout. Have a great vacation.. Looks like you are off to a good start.

ClanHarrison said:
Awww...don't ditch the diet yet (well...maybe a day or 2 ;) ) because I know you will have no problems finding more than adequate meals for yourself that will be enjoyable & satisfying! Flippers' menu has some great salad choices. Ours were fresh & delicious http://www.flipperspizzeria.com/OurMenu/SaladsWraps/tabid/68/Default.aspx. And you won't BE-LIEVE you didn't have to sacrifice your diet once you go to Sweet Tomatoes, and if you sign up for their Veg Club http://www.souplantation.com/clubveg/, you'll get some awesome coupons that'll make you question why it's so affordable (that is just a joke!). But seriously, you'll LOVE Sweet Tomatoes. And they're both in the Crossroads, across from DTD.

You have nothing to worry about :goodvibes . You may want to bring something from home for storing leftovers like plastic wrap, foil or gallon size storage bags though. We ended up grabbing some foil from Walmart when we did our shopping (also used it at the grill for our steaks & lobster tails too).

I second this about the ziplock bags--i usually bring a handful of every size i have at home, and foil! I found that the rolls at the store were too big when i wanted to buy it there. For this trip, I picked up a smaller roll at Walgreens on sale, it's all ready to pack, lol.

How is the tap water atBonnet Creek? Can we just plan to refill water bottles or do we need to buy bottled water?

FYI, reserved a 2 bd deluxe from VS starting 10/23 and got our confirmation yesterday. Can't wait!

We will be checking out of WBC on Oct 22nd. I wanted to see if there would be anyone else there at that time that might be interested in our Orlando Entertainment book. We will be using very few of the coupons and I would gladly pass it along to someone else who might be planning on eating off site.

HayGan said:
We will be checking out of WBC on Oct 22nd. I wanted to see if there would be anyone else there at that time that might be interested in our Orlando Entertainment book. We will be using very few of the coupons and I would gladly pass it along to someone else who might be planning on eating off site.

There is a thread called "Bonnet Creek PAY IT FORWARD" in which an idea to pass on unused items formed. Maybe you can message the thread originator to see about donating your book to one of the bins being used? Very generous of you. :)

I second this about the ziplock bags--i usually bring a handful of every size i have at home, and foil! I found that the rolls at the store were too big when i wanted to buy it there. For this trip, I picked up a smaller roll at Walgreens on sale, it's all ready to pack, lol.

This is awesome news about Flippers and Souplantation. Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter