• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't wait to check out WBC in November. We booked through RCI, and have loved the other Wyndham propeties we have been to. Does anyone know if resort guests are able to participate in Extra Magic Hours? I know this is not technically a disney property, but it certainly is surrounded by it.

We can't wait to check out WBC in November. We booked through RCI, and have loved the other Wyndham propeties we have been to. Does anyone know if resort guests are able to participate in Extra Magic Hours? I know this is not technically a disney property, but it certainly is surrounded by it.

No, You do not have access to EMH....

....Which in my opinion is a good thing since it means you don't feel "obligated" to go to the EMH park that day, which traditionally tends to be the most crowded during the day due to all the on-site guests who don't have hoppers but feel like they want to do EMH.

Ok. One thing I would change is HOT water. I about froze in the shower. Tried it in both bathrooms but it was luke warm / cool. Called front desk and they can send someone up
but want to wait until rest of family is up. Anybody experience this? Is maintenance going to be quick to respond when I do call?

One of our bathrooms (the smaller one) had no hot water in the sink. Also it took a while to heat up in the shower in that room. Never got hot out of the sink.

I was messing around with a map of Bonnet Creek on google earth and I know people always ask to see a map so I thought I would share. PLEASE NOTE I have never been to Bonnet Creek I was just using info I found in this thread, so I have probably got something wrong ;). Please feel free to help me fix this so that it might be useful for others!

Gina

WyndhamBonnetCreek.jpg

That map is awesome. I am not familiar with BC enough to know if everything is labeled correctly. I do know that we were in building four and had a view of EPCOT and Magic Kingdom Fireworks at the same time.

Hope we get as good a view this time around.

Nice job finding the map. It does appear to be labeled correctly. Near Tower 2 is the sand volleyball court and in between two and three I believe if I am recalling correctly is the mini golf.

Love the map! Looks correct to me. If you zoom in to the right of Tower 1, there are 2 little triangles..that's the playground. The triangles are the shade coverings.
Also, to the left of the pool by Tower 2 is a circle..that is a kiddie pool/splash area. Then further left of that is the mini golf.
By the main building, all the way to the left is the kiddie pool/splash area.
Hope this makes sense!
Great job!

Nice job finding the map. It does appear to be labeled correctly. Near Tower 2 is the sand volleyball court and in between two and three I believe if I am recalling correctly is the mini golf.

Love the map! Looks correct to me. If you zoom in to the right of Tower 1, there are 2 little triangles..that's the playground. The triangles are the shade coverings.
Also, to the left of the pool by Tower 2 is a circle..that is a kiddie pool/splash area. Then further left of that is the mini golf.
By the main building, all the way to the left is the kiddie pool/splash area.
Hope this makes sense!
Great job!

Thanks for the feedback, I went in and added the play areas/splash pads etc.

WyndhamBonnetCreek2.jpg

We have stayed at WBC twice and will return. The first time we had two rooms and took my extended Family with us. Unfortunately the Wyndom people turned my brother off the idea of Time Shares by the hard sell, and then calling very early every morning waking them up to ask them again. We also had some customer service issues, and we're not happy with the staff.

Our second trip we had lower expectations of the staff, and shut off our phone. It was wonderful. We are Wyndom owners, and WBC is run differently then our home resort. We decided to treat it like home instead of a hotel. It was harder at first because we split our trips, and WBC is second. Our first week last time was at OKW and we got the Disney Guest Treatment. We really like the way we are treated on site, but WBC is the next best thing. Love the rooms and location.

wgeo said:
Thanks for the feedback, I went in and added the play areas/splash pads etc.

Perfect timing!!! We leave in 36 hours! Thanks! Now the family knows what the heck I'm talking about lol

It looks great how it is, if you want to add in the lazy rivers ones in front of tower one and the fort/pirate lazy river is in front of tower 5 :)

JessB320 said:
It looks great how it is, if you want to add in the lazy rivers ones in front of tower one and the fort/pirate lazy river is in front of tower 5 :)

I think you mean in front of the main building, not Tower 1. ;)

I was messing around with a map of Bonnet Creek on google earth and I know people always ask to see a map so I thought I would share. PLEASE NOTE I have never been to Bonnet Creek I was just using info I found in this thread, so I have probably got something wrong ;). Please feel free to help me fix this so that it might be useful for others!

Gina

WyndhamBonnetCreek.jpg

Great job! i know a lot of people will like having this available with all the map requests we get.

That said, A couple of minor suggestions.

1. The "Epcot Direction this way for fireworks view" would probably be more accurate a little more to the right, above the Main building. It might work better with an arrow pointing due to the size of the picture. a good reference point would be where you see "Creek resort" by the fountain in front of the main building. (The current placement might make people think you can see the fireworks looking to the side of a lake-view Tower 4 room, while in reality you can't really see much at all unless you REALLY lean out over the balcony railing.)

2. Bus Stops for the shuttles since we get asked that all the time. One of the stops is that little shelter you can see between the main building and tower 1 (with the little bus lane) The other shelter is harder to see because it's in the shadow of Tower 6, but it's also a small shelter directly across from the circle drive in front of the building. [it's at the edge of the shadow if that helps you see it].

3. Some people may also enjoy having an idea of other Disney landmarks that can be see from the property. The Studios can be seen in the direction of Tower 1 (I think if I remember correctly). DTD/Typhoon Lagoon is above Tower 5.

Someone else pointed out the Lazy river locations.... I'm thinking the pool bar locations might be overkill on the map since they are easy to locate using the pool/tower combination.

Great job! i know a lot of people will like having this available with all the map requests we get.

That said, A couple of minor suggestions.

1. The "Epcot Direction this way for fireworks view" would probably be more accurate a little more to the right, above the Main building. It might work better with an arrow pointing due to the size of the picture. a good reference point would be where you see "Creek resort" by the fountain in front of the main building. (The current placement might make people think you can see the fireworks looking to the side of a lake-view Tower 4 room, while in reality you can't really see much at all unless you REALLY lean out over the balcony railing.)

2. Bus Stops for the shuttles since we get asked that all the time. One of the stops is that little shelter you can see between the main building and tower 1 (with the little bus lane) The other shelter is harder to see because it's in the shadow of Tower 6, but it's also a small shelter directly across from the circle drive in front of the building. [it's at the edge of the shadow if that helps you see it].

3. Some people may also enjoy having an idea of other Disney landmarks that can be see from the property. The Studios can be seen in the direction of Tower 1 (I think if I remember correctly). DTD/Typhoon Lagoon is above Tower 5.

Someone else pointed out the Lazy river locations.... I'm thinking the pool bar locations might be overkill on the map since they are easy to locate using the pool/tower combination.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm working on making everything a bit easier to read and I will do my best to make these changes. Thanks!

Two weeks ago I was in tears. After the most amazing news that RCI partnered with Disney, I saved my points. I called in to finally make my reservation. No go. Apparently through RCI you can't own within 30 miles of Disney. I DON'T!!! My resort is in CO. But the HQ of the timeshare, Legacy, is in Orlando.

I signed up on a site to give my timeshare to charity. They didn't want it. I offered to give it to a friend. They didn't want it. After having experiences on-site and off-site, off site isn't the same mainly due to getting around. At Summer Bay in '09, we spent hours in the car because of an accident. At Vistana it was impossible to come back during the day. Much less park hop.

But alas, I discovered WBC!!! We are booked for 4/27 - 5/4. My hubby and I will celebrate our anniversary and his birthday at Disney!!! Yay!!!

Thank you to everyone who has posted in the I looooveee Bonnet Creek threads, huge help to us learning about and selecting the resort!!!!

pixiedust:

Two weeks ago I was in tears. After the most amazing news that RCI partnered with Disney, I saved my points. I called in to finally make my reservation. No go. Apparently through RCI you can't own within 30 miles of Disney. I DON'T!!! My resort is in CO. But the HQ of the timeshare, Legacy, is in Orlando.

I signed up on a site to give my timeshare to charity. They didn't want it. I offered to give it to a friend. They didn't want it. After having experiences on-site and off-site, off site isn't the same mainly due to getting around. At Summer Bay in '09, we spent hours in the car because of an accident. At Vistana it was impossible to come back during the day. Much less park hop.

But alas, I discovered WBC!!! We are booked for 4/27 - 5/4. My hubby and I will celebrate our anniversary and his birthday at Disney!!! Yay!!!

Thank you to everyone who has posted in the I looooveee Bonnet Creek threads, huge help to us learning about and selecting the resort!!!!

pixiedust:

That really stinks about the HQ being in Florida for you. I always thought it was where your timeshare was located. I hope you like WBC. We are staying there for the first time in November.

Ok, here's another go at the Map with more info included. If you see anything that is wrong, please let me know so that it is as accurate as possible. Thanks!

WyndhamBonnetCreek3.jpg

Hello, We currently Booked a weeks vacation @ WBC,

This will be our 2nd visit to this wonderful resort, the first time we went to Disney, so we simply took the free shuttle bus, which was amazing.

This time We plan on visiting SeaWorld, and Both Universal Parks

I was wondering if there is Free way to get to these locations?

We plan on renting a car, but from my understanding it costs 15.00 dollars per day to park at each place... Is there any shuttle or some Sneaky way to get these locations for free?

Id like to avoid the 15.00 parking fee if possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter