The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, we have reserved a 2 bedroom for October. How many adults can it sleep comfortably? We have 2 more now joining us, for a total of 7 adults and one child.

A regular 2bdrm unit contains a king bed in the master bedroom, 2 doubles/queens in the 2nd bedroom, and a pull out couch.

Since you know the makeup of your group, You can probably figure it out from there.

Our group consists of my husband and myself, my oldest son (32) and his girlfriend, my daughter and her husband, my youngest son (20) and my granddaughter (7). I'm thinking My husband/I and the granddaughter sharing the king bed, my youngest son and daughter/husband sharing the 2nd bedroom, and my son/girlfriend taking the couch bed, as she has trouble sleeping?

We will be checking in next month for the first time. We have a 2 bedroom presidential. I need some guidance with a room request. We really would like a firework view and view of Spaceship Earth and/or castle. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Anyone know the status of the WiFi installation in all the towers? I'm hoping for tower 5.

When I called the resort this week, they said the towers were completed 3 days earlier. I'm hoping there is confirmation here soon from people at the resort before I go out and buy a router.

Joe

We will be checking in next month for the first time. We have a 2 bedroom presidential. I need some guidance with a room request. We really would like a firework view and view of Spaceship Earth and/or castle. Does anyone have a recommendation?

My understanding is all 2BR, and 3BR presidential suites are located in Tower 6 only. In Tower 6, there are no fireworks views unless you are on like the 19th floor (Presidential Reserve). Your view of Epcot is blocked by Tower 5 from this spot.

I wouldn't downgrade the room for the view though. Presidential suites are super nice. I'll be in mine in about a week! :)

Joe

When I called the resort this week, they said the towers were completed 3 days earlier. I'm hoping there is confirmation here soon from people at the resort before I go out and buy a router.

Joe

Yes....hopefully someone can confirm this week. I've already bought a router but it was only $15 so no big deal. I would much prefer to not pack it....I'm bring enough already. :lmao:

Does anybody know if Ken rents units for only 2 nights? Last time we did 3 nights and his website only lists 3 nights and above.

Just wondering what the difference between a regular 2-bed and presedential 2-bed is? We've booked a 2 bed (for 2A, 2C) but wonder if we should upgrade as we got such a great deal by staying here.

Just wondering what the difference between a regular 2-bed and presedential 2-bed is? We've booked a 2 bed (for 2A, 2C) but wonder if we should upgrade as we got such a great deal by staying here.

a TAD more square footage (not a whole lot), upgraded stainless appliances and upgraded furnishings, the couch is not a pull out in the presidential units, granite countertops, and hardwood floors.

Basically, the primary differences are the presidential units have a bit more fancy/expensive decor, and they are all located in tower 6.

Here now, we checked in today. This is our second stay. We are in tower 4 for the second time. In fact, we are one floor above the same room we were in last year. We are facing the parking lot. Last year were on the first floor, which wasn't the greatest because our patio had no view at all, it was completely covered by shrubs and plants. It felt a bit cavelike with no view out the patio door. This year we are on the second floor. Not much better. My question for you Bonnet Creek frequent fliers...Do you request a certain building /floor? I requested a higher floor -in any tower but got 2nd floor parking lot view. How can I get a nice view???Is it just luck? We are planning on staying here again in October.
TIA

Here now, we checked in today. This is our second stay. We are in tower 4 for the second time. In fact, we are one floor above the same room we were in last year. We are facing the parking lot. Last year were on the first floor, which wasn't the greatest because our patio had no view at all, it was completely covered by shrubs and plants. It felt a bit cavelike with no view out the patio door. This year we are on the second floor. Not much better. My question for you Bonnet Creek frequent fliers...Do you request a certain building /floor? I requested a higher floor -in any tower but got 2nd floor parking lot view. How can I get a nice view???Is it just luck? We are planning on staying here again in October.
TIA

At Spring Break I requested tower 5, fireworks view. She told me she had a room ready for me but if I wanted to wait, she would see what she could do. So, we busied ourselves in the parks for a few hours and they called when the room was ready. We got our request but I don't know if it would be possible everytime. Since I was willing to wait, I think she could make it happen. This may not always be the case. We always check in early. This may better our chances.:confused3

Does anybody know if Ken rents units for only 2 nights? Last time we did 3 nights and his website only lists 3 nights and above.

The problem for just renting a few nights is that overall, it usually is more per night. Just recently Wyndham started charging owners to put the reservation into the name of a guest. After a 10 day vacation it is minimal but for one or two days it can make the daily rate go up substantially. I used to do a one or two night here and there but now it is not as good a deal.

Monnytink, my understanding is that when a presidential building is booked by an owner, it is for a specific unit at the time of booking. The owner should be able to tell you the unit number of the unit he reserved for you.

In building 6, the odd numbers face the lake, the even face the conservation area and towards Downtown Disney. Building 5 does block the fireworks view all the way to the top floor, 19, for some units because building 6 is curved like a partial crescent shape, and Building 5 blocks the view of all but the highest fireworks. However, the view of the lake and especially the sunset over the lake is wonderful. I was in 1919, 2 room presidential, a few weeks ago and could see (from a distance) the Dolphin hotel, Tower of Terror, the rooftops of the Carribbean beach all dead on, and Pop Century to the left. I also could see part of the Hilton Bonnet Creek building even further to the left.

You could not see the castle (way too far away) nor Space ship Earth from the unit where we stayed. I actually never saw the fireworks from Fantasmic either but I think I was either not in the room at the right time or Fantasmic was cancelled due to rain.

We did stay in a 3 bedroom end unit in building 4 once where we were able to catch Illuminations and see fireworks during Fantasmic, but it was a deluxe unit not a presidential.

Hope that is helpful.

I do think there are some units in building 6 where you can see fireworks, perhaps the end of 6 that just outs past building 5 on the far end of the crescent curve of the building. Maybe the resort can advise you.

Has anyone had the Christmas Day dinner buffet? Wondering how it is. Also how much would a taxi cost from Epcot to BC?

I've had packages shipped to myself at a WDW resort and I'm wondering if anyone does it at WBC?

I'm looking to order some dance shoes for my DD.

The problem for just renting a few nights is that overall, it usually is more per night. Just recently Wyndham started charging owners to put the reservation into the name of a guest. After a 10 day vacation it is minimal but for one or two days it can make the daily rate go up substantially. I used to do a one or two night here and there but now it is not as good a deal.

Yes, I knew about the extra fee, but when we split it between two families it still came out to be a great deal.

And FYI, I heard back from Ken & Denise - they do rent for 2 nights to prior customers. Unfortunately my dates weren't available, but it is good to know for the future since we live close enough to do weekend trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter