The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry - I can't answer your question about the rollator on the buses. I just wanted to point out that the buses for WBC pick up & drop off much further away than the WDW buses. For example, at MK, you have to take the monorail or boat to the TTC, and then walk out to the bus parking area. I'm not sure if this would be an issue for you, but wanted you to know ahead of time. Have a great trip.
Thanks. I more or less assumed this was the case...it will be an issue with parking as well if we bring the car. If I could afford to stay on property this year I definitely would but it's just not in the cards. Free hotel, free flights, parents paying for food and park tickets...THAT is affordable. So I will just have to suck it up and deal with a little bit of extra walking. Thanks so much though for the thought. I might just have to plot out different spots in the parks to sit and rest for a while as that may be the easiest thing for me to arrange. There are always options...just need to sort out what will work the best for me.

Thanks. I more or less assumed this was the case...it will be an issue with parking as well if we bring the car. If I could afford to stay on property this year I definitely would but it's just not in the cards. Free hotel, free flights, parents paying for food and park tickets...THAT is affordable. So I will just have to suck it up and deal with a little bit of extra walking. Thanks so much though for the thought. I might just have to plot out different spots in the parks to sit and rest for a while as that may be the easiest thing for me to arrange. There are always options...just need to sort out what will work the best for me.

Since you said everything is paid for, could you afford to rent a wheel chair while in the parks? Not sure what they cost or if they might have the motarized type available. Just a thought so you can keep up with your family.

Thanks. I more or less assumed this was the case...it will be an issue with parking as well if we bring the car.

I'm assuming you have a handicapped hang tag that you can bring? If so it should help with parking both at WBC and in the Disney lots. if you don't have one yet, you have plenty of time to do so before you go. It sure sounds like you would be eligible.

As for the buses, purely assumption here, but I believe the call ahead is so they have a bus there with the lift and additional space so a chair or scooter would fit on board. If the walker folds and you are capable of handling the stairs then you would be in a similar situation as a parent with a stroller and for those no one needs to call ahead.

Does anyone know if all of the pools offer cabanas for rent? I wasn't sure if they were only located at specific pools. The cabanas look like a nice alternative on a hot day! Also, have the units been upgraded with flat screen tv's? Thanks

Since you said everything is paid for, could you afford to rent a wheel chair while in the parks? Not sure what they cost or if they might have the motarized type available. Just a thought so you can keep up with your family.
Oh...I wish it were that easy but unfortunately there's much more to my disability than just difficulty walking and a wheelchair/ecv will actually be much more painful for me. I actually can do an alright job keeping up with everyone and setting a good pace (took months of practice and therapy...I was so discouraged when I first started out walking again after being stuck in a wheelchair for months and I realized that the only person walking slower than me was a teenage girl texting on her cell phone while she walked). But I can keep up. The issue in the middle of the day is more the heat and the effect that it has on me with one of the medication patches I am on. I need to be able to get out of the heat/sun during the middle of the day. And a rest to sort of take a break from the pain I'll be in from the walking won't be a bad thing either. The more I think about it...the more I think just picking out a couple of spots in the park where I can chill out for a few hours might be the better option than trying to get back to WBC and the room. Seems like it will honestly be more trouble than it is worth.

Thanks for the suggestion though...really appreciate the thought. The rollator is just the best option for me with my particular issues.

I'm assuming you have a handicapped hang tag that you can bring? If so it should help with parking both at WBC and in the Disney lots. if you don't have one yet, you have plenty of time to do so before you go. It sure sounds like you would be eligible.

As for the buses, purely assumption here, but I believe the call ahead is so they have a bus there with the lift and additional space so a chair or scooter would fit on board. If the walker folds and you are capable of handling the stairs then you would be in a similar situation as a parent with a stroller and for those no one needs to call ahead.
Yes...I do have one of the handicap parking tags. I actually held off on getting one for a long time because I was just always worried someone else might need the parking spot more. Even when I was using crutches in winter I was just always afraid some old woman with a broken hip and oxygen tank would not have a spot because I took it. But now with the walker it is unfortunately necessary for me to get around, in and out of the car, etc. I will definitely bring this with me...but from experience I also know that just because you have a tag doesn't mean there will be a spot available for you to park in.

I was thinking along the same lines as you though regarding the buses...that it would be the same as a stroller essentially. I would have family with me that could carry it on an off the bus if needed (though if I were going back to the resort on my own then in those cases I WOULDN'T have someone with me....but then I can get the thing in and out of the car on my own so I bet I could figure something out). I don't know...it would be nice to have the OPTION of taking the bus but more and more it seems like it will be a bigger hassle than it's really worth.

Does anyone know if all of the pools offer cabanas for rent? I wasn't sure if they were only located at specific pools. The cabanas look like a nice alternative on a hot day! Also, have the units been upgraded with flat screen tv's? Thanks

I know they are at Tower 6, and if I remember right from our walks, they seemed to be at the rest of the pools as well - $50/day according to the signs I saw. Our unit in Tower 6 had flat screens, but that's all I can comment on.

We are finally less than 60 days until our first trip to Disney/bonnet creek...we booked through Utopia vacations (Paul) and so far have been very pleased with service. We have a 2 bedroom deluxe for 7 nights..check-in May 20th. Final price was $735 usd, which I think is a great deal! After reading this thread I am going to take my chance on room selection, I am hoping for tower 5 or 6...don't care for firework view...kids want to be close to pirate pool.

My only concern is that our check-in day (may 20th) is our dd's 5th birthday, I am worried it will be backed up for check-in at 4pm...I am really hoping to check-in at 4, unpack then take her out for birthday dinner then maybe trip to downtown Disney....after a long boring drive on her birthday it would be disappointing to have her wait for a while at check-in. Do you think we could call in the morning on way to condo to see if our room will be ready on time? Not sure they would even have room assigned for non-presidential suites?

I know they are at Tower 6, and if I remember right from our walks, they seemed to be at the rest of the pools as well - $50/day according to the signs I saw. Our unit in Tower 6 had flat screens, but that's all I can comment on.

Does anyone know what the procedure is for cabana rental? Is it first come/first served; or can it be done in advance?
TIA

Give Vacation Stategies another GOLD STAR!!! We originally booked for 4 nights but after looking into it a little further realized we could stay for 7 for only about $400 more TOTAL including
park passes. Well that was a no brainer so I called them back and they
didn't have anything but said they should get something about 2 weeks
before hand. Well that made me a little nervous but decided what the heck.
Got the email last night. Booked all 7 nights, 2 brm and leaving in 2 WEEKS!!!

Thank you VS!!!

Does VS offer parking passes??

Just got back from a 7 day stay in tower 2. Bonnet Creek is awesome. I will never stay at a Disney Resort ever again. Even with my 50% cast discount Bonnet Creek will always be the best deal. Thanks again to vacationupgrades.com

Yes...I do have one of the handicap parking tags. I actually held off on getting one for a long time because I was just always worried someone else might need the parking spot more. Even when I was using crutches in winter I was just always afraid some old woman with a broken hip and oxygen tank would not have a spot because I took it. But now with the walker it is unfortunately necessary for me to get around, in and out of the car, etc. I will definitely bring this with me...but from experience I also know that just because you have a tag doesn't mean there will be a spot available for you to park in.

I was thinking along the same lines as you though regarding the buses...that it would be the same as a stroller essentially. I would have family with me that could carry it on an off the bus if needed (though if I were going back to the resort on my own then in those cases I WOULDN'T have someone with me....but then I can get the thing in and out of the car on my own so I bet I could figure something out). I don't know...it would be nice to have the OPTION of taking the bus but more and more it seems like it will be a bigger hassle than it's really worth.

If I were you I would drive to the parks, park in the handicap spots and then if you want to go back to the resort you can always take the car and the rest of your family can take the shuttle back. There are a lot of places to rest in all of the parks as well if you don't want to leave and go back to the resort.

You are going to like staying at BC! As far as the shuttle your walker would not be a problem since it folds up. Enjoy your trip!

We're in tower 2 right now. The cabanas are all in the area of towers 4, 5, and 6. Flat screen tvs in our 4 bdrm presidential.

We're in tower 2 right now. The cabanas are all in the area of towers 4, 5, and 6. Flat screen tvs in our 4 bdrm presidential.

Are there fireworks with lake views from building 2 as well?
I believe it has been completely renovated.....correct?

Unless you have APs you will have to pay for the parking at the parks. No one privides free parking passes.

That is unless you are staying at a Disney Resort. When we stayed at Wilderness Lodge Villa's our we received free parking at all of the parks with our resort parking pass.

That is unless you are staying at a Disney Resort. When we stayed at Wilderness Lodge Villa's our we received free parking at all of the parks with our resort parking pass.

If you have the Disney Resort parking pass on your dashboard, you will be waved into the parking with no fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter