The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best pool for a Toddler? Do you think the splash area by the main pool would be best for a 2 year old? What are the chances of getting a villa in the main building? Are you better off requesting a villa in Bldg 1 or 4 and walking to the main pool?

Thank you for the info!! Was the hand vac in the unit? Vacuuming was the one thing I was a little worried about.

I'm not sure what it's called, but it one of those little vacuums with the long skinny handle and doesn't use power. You just push it back and forth across the carpet and it picks most things up. Not the best thing in the world, but it does ok to just keep the place looking a little better.

WOO~HOO!!!! Made our reservations!!! Let the count down begin!:banana:

First time staying off property but as my 3 mini~men :dance3: get older the Disney rooms seem to shrink! LOL

I'm not sure what it's called, but it one of those little vacuums with the long skinny handle and doesn't use power. You just push it back and forth across the carpet and it picks most things up. Not the best thing in the world, but it does ok to just keep the place looking a little better.

Good to know, thank you!

I wish I would have seen this thread before...I just canceled my reservation at BC.

We moved to POP for free dining (group of 10)...maybe I should switch back.

A carpet sweeper!

If I am renting points from an owner, when can I call to make a room request. I assume not until my name is on the reservation :confused3

Does anyone know how busy it is at WBC in early November?

Thanks.

What is the best pool for a Toddler? Do you think the splash area by the main pool would be best for a 2 year old? What are the chances of getting a villa in the main building? Are you better off requesting a villa in Bldg 1 or 4 and walking to the main pool?

We had a 1 year old and 3 year old and the main pool splash area was perfect for them. We stayed in Tower 4, which I think worked out really well. The walk to the pool is short, just make sure you enter through the pool and don't walk around the outside of it to get to the splash area. The decking changes for the path around the main pool, next to the lake, and is blistering hot.

We liked tower 4 also because the parking deck was right there, very short walk to the car in the morning, and being in the parking deck meant no morning dew to contend with and a much cooler car later in the day. The actual pool at Tower 4 is not zero depth so not very useful for little ones.

I wish I would have seen this thread before...I just canceled my reservation at BC.

We moved to POP for free dining (group of 10)...maybe I should switch back.

honestly... I'd do it. With 10 people you would need to have quite a few rooms at POP in order to have anywhere near the room you could get at WBC... and the $$$ you could probably save by staying at BC in a much nicer/roomier location vs. the rack rates you are paying for the multiple rooms at the POP needed to fit everyone, you could probably pay for your quick service meals at the parks.

plus you could always eat breakfast in the room at WBC to save even more money.

But then again, I've personally been spoiled by staying at timeshares and don't think I could go back to a POP style hotel.

A carpet sweeper!

If I am renting points from an owner, when can I call to make a room request. I assume not until my name is on the reservation :confused3

Does anyone know how busy it is at WBC in early November?

Thanks.

Early november isn't too bad. I was there back in november 2009 and had a great time.

As for making a room request, You would want to wait until about 1 or 2 weeks before your checkin to call the resort. Prior to that they don't usually have any of the incoming reservations in their local system.

Hi
not sure if this has been asked before but if you want housekeeping how much is charged.
thankyou

Angie

Hi! I'm new to Bonnet Creek as we have always stayed on property. Because of my need for a scooter, we have always valet parked. I know there is free valet parking in Tower 6, but does anyone know if there is valet parking for any of the other towers. We are renting a two bedroom deluxe and I'm not sure how lucky we would be in getting one in the sixth tower. It shouldn't be too busy, we're going January 2-8. The Christmas crowd should already have left. Also, we will have an 18 month old with us, would Tower 6 be good or should we be requesting something closer to the playground. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi! I'm new to Bonnet Creek as we have always stayed on property. Because of my need for a scooter, we have always valet parked. I know there is free valet parking in Tower 6, but does anyone know if there is valet parking for any of the other towers. We are renting a two bedroom deluxe and I'm not sure how lucky we would be in getting one in the sixth tower. It shouldn't be too busy, we're going January 2-8. The Christmas crowd should already have left. Also, we will have an 18 month old with us, would Tower 6 be good or should we be requesting something closer to the playground. Thanks for any suggestions.

I believe that each tower has handicap parking so parking shouldn't be an issue for any of the towers.

The splash area by the main pool is best for toddlers and the playground is located by tower 2. So you may want to go with tower 1, 2 or 4 being the closest to the splash area. There is also a splash area by the tower 2 pool.

Excuse me for sounding ignorant, but with the "free" vallet parking for tower #6, is it customary to tip?

Thanks Tracy 123 I thought that was probably the case but since I've never stayed here before I wasn't sure if it was different from a normal hotel setting. I had thought Towers 1 or 2 would probably be best. Thanks for the quick response. It relieves some of my concerns.:love:
As far as "free" valet - We have always tipped a couple of dollars. If they assist with the scooter, we give an additional couple. They work hard, especially in the heat and need to be shown some appreciation.

You should always tip a valet attendant, whether the valet is "free" or not---usually $1-$2 when picking up the car, though I also tip $1-$2 sometimes when dropping off. Anyone helping you with luggage should also be tipped a couple bucks per bag. More for a scooter, I'd imagine.

I have asked this before and never got an answer. Interested to know as we'll be staying for 2 weeks.

I don't think its even an option for pay for housekeeping services. When we first stayed at BC, it was our first time ever as timeshare owners. We did the dumb thing and "upgraded" at the facility, and got a mid week cleaning thrown in. I believe they do the mid week thing for VIP Gold and above, but I don't think you can pay for it.......unless you "upgradre".:mad:

Joe

Just wondering for those of you who have stayed at WBC and did not rent a car, what is the cheapest/easiest way to get from the Orlando airport to WBC. We will be traveling with 8 ppl in January, arriving at different times, and have decided not to rent cars. Does WBC provide a paid shuttle? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

We rented a scooter for my DFIL for our stay at WBC in March. We stayed in Tower 2. There was plenty of parking near the tower that he could easily scooter to the building. There's also a drive, if you would prefer someone to drop you off, before they park the vehicle.

The playground is between Tower 1 & 2. I'm partial to this side of the resort, since I prefer a less crowded, lower rise building. If you stay in Tower 1, you would right at the playground and near the mini golf, and could easier scooter over the pool the main building pool which is zero entry. There's also a kids pool at the pool area between Tower 1 & 2 (however, not a zero entry pool). FYI - We found the path around the lake in the interior of the resort very scooter friendly.

ClanHarrison:

Great pictures! Did you see any hot air balloons rising from beyond the golf course during your stay? One of my favorite memories from our March stay, was the sight of about 6-8 hot air balloons one early morning, rising over the golf course in the early morning. There was a window near the elevator in our building, and I caught that awesome sight one morning when I went to the lobby for a newspaper. Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter