The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We plan on getting our park tickets through AAA at this point, but I've heard the Disney booth at the resort offers a discount as well? Does anyone know what their prices for tickets are and if their discount is more than AAAs? AAA offers 10% off.

We have 3 condos booked for late July and just called for my 30 day free uprade and was told nothing was available. I guess I'm a little disappointed because I have never gotten the free upgrade. We bought before it was actually built and have stayed several times. Have any of you had any luck with the free upgrade to a larger room. Not that we actually need it but it would be nice to have just one more bed.

I asked if we were still assigned to the rooms that were given to me at the time of booking 13 months ago and she said yes. She said the only way we won't have those rooms is if something is wrong with the room maintenance so I am going on the assumption that our 3 condos will still be same floor, same building and close to each other.

We plan on getting our park tickets through AAA at this point, but I've heard the Disney booth at the resort offers a discount as well? Does anyone know what their prices for tickets are and if their discount is more than AAAs? AAA offers 10% off.

I can't speak to any possible discount at WBC, but what about Undercover Tourist using the Mousesavers link? Have you compared their prices to AAA?

Anyone here rent through Farrells vacations? Looking at a trip and his price is the best.

Anyone here rent through Farrells vacations? Looking at a trip and his price is the best.

I rented through Farrell for our Aug. trip. So I am hoping everything goes smoothly. Since we are first time renters I just don't know what to expect. At time of booking I received a receipt and a document with a certificate # on it. I never signed anything, and I don't if I should expect anything else before departure date. I only checked out 3 other renters besides Farrell, but his price was the best for making a reservation more than 60 days out.

We have 3 condos booked for late July and just called for my 30 day free uprade and was told nothing was available. I guess I'm a little disappointed because I have never gotten the free upgrade. We bought before it was actually built and have stayed several times. Have any of you had any luck with the free upgrade to a larger room. Not that we actually need it but it would be nice to have just one more bed.

If you really want to get the upgrades, you need to learn the ins and outs of doing this yourself online. The liklihood of just calling member services and getting an (especially during prime time) is very slim. I don't know when your check in date is but end of July still has some 2 brs available. You might be able to at least get one of those with a 35% discount (I'm assuming you're at the VIP level).

Inventory is in real time so it's best to check a few times a day, and at 16 days out when folks are cancelling last minute before they lose the points.

There are lots of ways to get the most out of your perks, but you can't depend on member services to stretch your points the farthest.

We will be at BC 8/11-8/19 was wondering if anyone had any onfo on the teen scene there? My oldest (age 18) is not happy about this trip and was hoping to pacify him with just hanging at the resort. Are there a fair amount of teens around and are there things for them to do at the resort?
TIA!!:goodvibes

We will be at BC 8/11-8/19 was wondering if anyone had any onfo on the teen scene there? My oldest (age 18) is not happy about this trip and was hoping to pacify him with just hanging at the resort. Are there a fair amount of teens around and are there things for them to do at the resort?

I have a feeling there will be lots of teens around :)

We will be there the following month and our 19 year old DD is coming with us :thumbsup2 She's looking forward to all of the pools and the pool table at the hotel.....probably looking forward to the boys she will meet doing those things too :laughing:

Hi,
I'd like to stay here on our next trip but DH is not excited about the timeshare pitches. Can you please tell me what to expect aside from having to go to the 'parking pass' desk? Do they really pester you at the desk? Do they call your room or knock on your door? Are there gremlins roaming the grounds trying to get your drunk so you'll sign up for a timeshare?
Thanks!

I was worried about the timeshare thing too and let me tell you my experience in May. We arrived, checked in and went to the dreaded timeshare desk. My DH and DS3 were both with me and the woman who was working at the desk was incredibly friendly. She claimed to be from Michigan too and commented on my husbands Detroit Lions T-shirt, gave my son a balloon etc. etc. She tried to give us "tips" on visiting the parks and finally asked "and do you have a down-day during your stay" to which I responded, in a friendly tone, but matter of fact "we will not be attending any presentations" and she said "ok" and I tell you what - that was IT!! No badgering, no calls, no messages, no room visits - nothing! I had myself all nervous about it and it was totally painless. Hope this helps with some of your DHs fears of the "pitch"

I just want to subscribe to this because I think this is where our group has decided for our March 2012 vacation.

If you really want to get the upgrades, you need to learn the ins and outs of doing this yourself online. The liklihood of just calling member services and getting an (especially during prime time) is very slim. I don't know when your check in date is but end of July still has some 2 brs available. You might be able to at least get one of those with a 35% discount (I'm assuming you're at the VIP level).

Inventory is in real time so it's best to check a few times a day, and at 16 days out when folks are cancelling last minute before they lose the points.

There are lots of ways to get the most out of your perks, but you can't depend on member services to stretch your points the farthest.

We started when it was Fairfeild at Pagosa Springs Colorado in 1984 then moved our home resort to Branson, MO when it went to points instead of weeks. Then we got sucked into the Bonnet Creek upgrade shortly after they bought the property but before it was built. I think the part she was having trouble with was finding an available unit in the same building as the other condos are in. We will be in building 2 8th floor. We opted not to spend the extra points for the presidential units becasue we don't spend much time in our room anyway. Anyway online can I tell what units are available? We will be checking in July 21st for 10 days. Have a 3 bedroom, a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom would like to upgrade the 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom if you have any suggestions I would appreciate them.

The so-called benefits of VIP - the one and only real difference between the outrageously priced developer direct points and the cheap - sometimes free - resale ones - are largely bogus. Hardly ever will you find the point savings or the free upgrades as the units just don't hang around they get booked.

It is a waste of money to pay to be VIP now. If you already have it from the days when resales counted toward it then by all means take advantage. But NEVER buy Wyndham retail or you will be paying far far too much.

Always ask but don't expect to be upgraded.

November 5-12 for us!! :)

I'll be the there same week. :goodvibes:goodvibes

From my experience in March, the Disney booth at the resort does not offer any discounts. We were told that they are basically Disney employees and they sell the tickets at gate prices as a convenience to allow guests to buy their tickets before leaving the resort so they don't have to stand in line at the park.

There are always the pools, and at the activity center there are a couple pool tables, and I THINK there was also a game system hooked to the TV in the activity center last time I was there.

You may also want to check out the Activities guide to see if there might be some other planned things which your teen might enjoy. (Or if they are old enough and trustworthy enough, you could also let them take the shuttle to Downtown Disney for shopping, disneyquest, etc.)

I rented through Farrell for our Aug. trip. So I am hoping everything goes smoothly. Since we are first time renters I just don't know what to expect. At time of booking I received a receipt and a document with a certificate # on it. I never signed anything, and I don't if I should expect anything else before departure date. I only checked out 3 other renters besides Farrell, but his price was the best for making a reservation more than 60 days out.

Thanks! I have rented through another and the certificate iwth the number is all you need. Make sure you have it when you check in and the person whose name is on it needs to be the one checking in. I always call a week the resort directly or so before to confirm its still in their system and make my view request.

We are looking at going to the Smoky Mountains and Farrell had a great price, so might just jump on it.

We just returned from a week at WBC in a 3BR Presidential in Tower 6. Arrived 6/12 at 4pm and was immediately assigned Room #1620. A beautiful room! I posted pictures in the WBC photo thread but here are a few of our room:
gracesbirthday1stdaywdw2011080.jpg

gracesbirthday1stdaywdw2011081.jpg

gracesbirthday1stdaywdw2011079.jpg

The master bedroom:
gracesbirthday1stdaywdw2011082.jpg

Second bedroom:
gracesbirthday1stdaywdw2011083.jpg

Third Bedroom:
gracesbirthday1stdaywdw2011086.jpg

The room was perfect. Very clean. Limited supply of dishwasher/dish soap/laundry soap/toiletries so you definitely want to bring some for a week long stay or you'll be requesting more. We had the Bellman bring up our Share Bin from Bell Services, as well as a Garden Grocer order and he did so VERY quickly. No problems there except GG forgot part of our order and had to deliver it the next day. BTW, there is FREE valet at Tower 6, as well as FREE Wifi. The Wifi was a bit slow compared to my home Hi Speed connection but nothing too bad. The parking garage next to Tower 6 is a bit of a walk but not too bad and there were always spaces available (be careful though, people were speeding through the garage and my dd almost got run over a few times). There were rarely parking spaces available near the Tower 6 main entrance. The staff was nice and helpful. The room was pretty quiet with the exception of the front door, which would rattle when anyone in the hallway would slam their door (the doors slam if you just let them go-they have spring hinges). The A/C was on a motion sensor which had us coming back to the room faily warm but it cooled off very quickly. We had a problem with the A/C in bedroom #2, it wouldn't cool unless the door was left open at night. The shower heads are awful imo-low flow-high effciency that feel like a trickle coming out. There were 2 settings on the showerhead but both were bad. The kitchen was awesome. Great appliances, all the dishes and bowls/pans you could need.
We turned off the ringers on the phones so as to not be hounded by the sales pitches but they did call-multiple times a day (you can tell because the phone lights up when it rings). I foolishly picked up one time and had a pretty aggressive sales person on the phone who wouldn't take no for an answer so my advice is DO NOT pick up the phone.
Tower 6 was great-it has it's own rec desk, arcade, pool tables so checking out towels, put put golf equipment, etc was easy. We did play put put one day-the golf course is not that great. The carpet is worn and bubbled in places. We walked to the main building a few times and perused the activity offerings there. There was always something fun going on.
The pool at Tower 6 was always crowded, as well as the pool at Tower 5 (the lazy river). The crowd at the pools was pretty rowdy-lots of drinking going on and rough housing. One night there was a loud shouting match between two women which involved calling security when one woman would not let it go! It was awful and very unmagical. Made the pool very tense that afternoon. My dd loved the pool and slide at Tower 3 so we went over there the rest of the week. There's far less shade at Tower 3 but the pool/slide is a bit better imo. The lazy river at Tower 5 never had enough tubes so we were never able to use that pool-my suggestion is that you bring your own tubes or else be prepared to stalk people possibly getting out to grab their tube.
All in all, a very good deal. We paid $1500 for a week of 3 BR Presidential that put any Disney resort deal to shame imo (the room, not the resort). Best deal out there, especially when the new hotel opens in October and there are sit down restaurants.
That reminds me, we ate pizza from the pizza bar at Tower 3 pool one night. Very reasonable cost. The pizza was good but stay away from the nachos, unless you like movie theater nachos with fake cheese sauce. We also ate at Escudos and liked it-a little more expensive for what you get but the food was good. Here is the Escudos menu:
wdwlastday2011018.jpg

This resort is GREAT, good location and GREAT value. Would definitely stay here again and I definitely recommend the Presidentials.

Like I mentioned, I posted a ton of pics in the photo thread so go there to see them. If you have any questions, let me know!

We are looking at WBC for November. Received a great price from Farrell (outside of E-bay)(less that 60 day out prices quoted me by others). Anyone have any problems dealing with him directly as opposed to through Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter